Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,775 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:46 PM

China Bans Christians From All Church Activities - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / China Bans Christians From All Church Activities (49884 Views)

Christians From Other Denominations Will Bow Before You - Adeboye Prays For RCCG / Nigerian Bishops: "All Church Hospitals Can Be Used For COVID-19 Patients" / Coronavirus: TB Joshua Reacts As Lagos Government Restricts Church Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: China Bans Christians From All Church Activities by badman007(m): 1:24pm On Mar 21, 2018
We need to stop every religious studies in our schools in Africa. Go to church or mosque to learn about your religion.

Schools should be for teaching relevant practical skills and hard work, faith has no business with reality

1 Like 1 Share

Re: China Bans Christians From All Church Activities by badman007(m): 1:29pm On Mar 21, 2018
EVILFOREST:

Like my MAN said, you are using CHINESE PHONE to type such abiiiii.....

Between you and Them, who has GOD blessed more...??
Please. ANSWER me ASAP.

GOD doesn't bless empty and redundant brains. He blesses when you put it into good use.

Only takes a brain dead person to dump his God for the God another man abandoned.

Religion is the reason we see ourselves as inferior.
It’s time for renaissance Africa.

Stop religious studies in Nigerian schools.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: China Bans Christians From All Church Activities by Obi1kenobi(m): 1:35pm On Mar 21, 2018
Acidosis:

You're very ignorant.

Yes I was born into Christianity. However while I was growing up, I saw other options (Islam, Christianity, Atheism, Traditional religion, etc.) and yet, I embraced Christianity.

Some of you were born Christians, but along the line, you choose the path of Atheism.. Why do you think the indoctrination for people like me is stronger than yours? If you could leave the path of Christianity, why can't I stay?

Why do you seem to have a problem with those who decided to stick with what they saw as best for themselves?

I'm only here to discuss the internal politics btw ROC and PRC. When it comes to belief systems, it is all man for himself/herself, that's why most countries have only one legally binding constitution - that neither defines support for a religion nor morality. As far as my religion/belief system does not conflict the constitution, why should you bother about where and how I exercise my faith?

This is why I said you are deluded. Very, very few people convert between religions. It's a little easier between African Traditional Religions and the Abrahamic faiths because our native religions don't employ the same tools of indoctrination codified in texts and precepts and doctrines of Islam or Christianity, and our native religions don't concern themselves much with apocalyptic messaging to threaten disbelievers who stray from the path, and our native religions aren't evangelical by nature and don't care about winning converts. Very few people convert between Islam and Christianity. Slightly more do so from Islam to Christianity because Christianity does hundred times more evangelizing. No Muslim has ever preached to me before. grin By contrast, when I used to take the bus to school and to work, at least twice in a week, you'll always meet that assshole who thinks he has the right to invade your personal space and disturb your peace to preach nonsense. In the circumstances, Muslims still happen to be the fastest growing religion in the world, so they are even trying. The overwhelming majority of Christians and Muslims have their entire support system, from the parents to their teachers to their pastors, priests, imams, alfas etc reinforcing the same message right from when you're a toddler to adulthood, so you blank out everything else and accept what you were fed as the undiluted, undisputed, irrefutable truth. You know nothing about Islam. You know nothing about Oriental religions like Buddhism or Confucianism or Hinduism or Taoism. All you know is what you were taught from Genesis to Revelations.

If you were born a Fulani man in Yobe or Zamfara, there is something like a 2% chance you would have ended up a Christian. The single biggest reason you're a Christian today is because of childhood indoctrination. Stop deceiving yourself.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: China Bans Christians From All Church Activities by Nobody: 1:38pm On Mar 21, 2018
prinzfavian:
The Great tribulation knocks.... grin

Spotted...let the reader use discernment and those in the roof top....well done my "brother"
Re: China Bans Christians From All Church Activities by heendrix(m): 1:48pm On Mar 21, 2018
Xisnin:
It is time Trump invade China and liberate he oppressed undecided

lol invade a country X2 bigger than his?
Re: China Bans Christians From All Church Activities by Nobody: 2:07pm On Mar 21, 2018
princechurchill:
The gates of Beijing cannot prevail against the Church

It has already.
Re: China Bans Christians From All Church Activities by GavelSlam: 3:06pm On Mar 21, 2018
Acidosis:

You are wrong sir

The so called white man from the clouds should not take the blame for the country's situation. Take away religion, Nigeria still won't develop if the leaders fail to change their ways.

Just so you know, China does not practise the kind of political system we have in Nigeria. Saying Nigeria should emulate the Communist system is like giving Buhari the power to declare Nigeria an Islamic state, and there wouldn't be anything anyone can do about it.

China today won't make a list of 100 countries with utmost respect for human rights. Is that the kind of country you want? Forget about religion, you really want to give a black man in any part of the world an absolute power to declare and implement?

Do you know the nature of internal politics going on in China? This declaration is obviously (from Beijing) targeted at folks on the Island (Taiwan) and their citizens in Mainland China. Just so you know, things like this are some of the reasons the Island declared its own independence some years back, because China always want to rule everybody and enforce its own laws regardless of what over 1 billion people think.

Mind you, Taiwan today is predominantly Christian (over 85% of the population) and Taiwanese citizens doing business on the Mainland would obviously be affected by these laws. This, for me, is the reason behind the draconic war against Christianity (what about other religions bro?) The declaration is mainly to oppress the Taiwanese and other Christian-minded dwellers.

Lastly, for the fact that Taiwan is predominantly a Christian state has not stopped the Taiwanese people from developing.. Go and check the facts, Taiwan's population can be likened to Lagos and the state is doing exceedingly well; with one of the most sophisticated electronics (chips) industry in the world. Yet the people go to Church.

Why the lies?

Why?

1 Like

Re: China Bans Christians From All Church Activities by GavelSlam: 3:11pm On Mar 21, 2018
Xisnin:
It is time Trump invade China and liberate he oppressed undecided

America cannot dare China.

1 Like

Re: China Bans Christians From All Church Activities by troy20(m): 4:41pm On Mar 21, 2018
[quote author=EVILFOREST post=66024289]
Like my MAN said, you are using CHINESE PHONE to type such abiiiii.....

Between you and Them, who has GOD blessed more...??
Please. ANSWER me ASAP.

GOD doesn't bless empty and redundant brains. He blesses when you put it into good use.[/quote
That's wicked man.,.that's some cold blooded wickedness!
Re: China Bans Christians From All Church Activities by salam1(m): 5:11pm On Mar 21, 2018
While they where stopping Muslims from fasting and bearing Arabic names some useless Nigerian where Happy, now they are wailli g, keep wailing

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: China Bans Christians From All Church Activities by Acidosis(m): 5:43pm On Mar 21, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

This is why I said you are deluded. Very, very few people convert between religions. It's a little easier between African Traditional Religions and the Abrahamic faiths because our native religions don't employ the same tools of indoctrination codified in texts and precepts and doctrines of Islam or Christianity, and our native religions don't concern themselves much with apocalyptic messaging to threaten disbelievers who stray from the path, and our native religions aren't evangelical by nature and don't care about winning converts. Very few people convert between Islam and Christianity. Slightly more do so from Islam to Christianity because Christianity does hundred times more evangelizing. No Muslim has ever preached to me before. grin By contrast, when I used to take the bus to school and to work, at least twice in a week, you'll always meet that assshole who thinks he has the right to invade your personal space and disturb your peace to preach nonsense. In the circumstances, Muslims still happen to be the fastest growing religion in the world, so they are even trying. The overwhelming majority of Christians and Muslims have their entire support system, from the parents to their teachers to their pastors, priests, imams, alfas etc reinforcing the same message right from when you're a toddler to adulthood, so you blank out everything else and accept what you were fed as the undiluted, undisputed, irrefutable truth. You know nothing about Islam. You know nothing about Oriental religions like Buddhism or Confucianism or Hinduism or Taoism. All you know is what you were taught from Genesis to Revelations.

If you were born a Fulani man in Yobe or Zamfara, there is something like a 2% chance you would have ended up a Christian. The single biggest reason you're a Christian today is because of childhood indoctrination. Stop deceiving yourself.

So what is your point exactly?

Where do you stand in all of these arguments? What are you trying to achieve?
Re: China Bans Christians From All Church Activities by Nobody: 7:34pm On Mar 21, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

You're deluded. Christianity has been forced on you ever since you were a child. Somalis and Ethiopians are both closely related people in the Horn of Africa. If you grew up in Ethiopia, you became Christian. If you grew up in Somalia, you became Muslim. If you grew up in Nigeria in Zamfara, it is 90-something percent likely you would never be a Christian. If you grew up in Anambra, you became Christian. "Force" doesn't connote having a gun pointed at your head. You can be compelled to do things by all kinds of social and political and economic pressures. Your ancestors embraced Christianity because they had socio-political and economic motivations to do so, not because they were convicted in spirit about the wonders of Christ they could never experience. Christianity became a tool of education for our colonial masters. You embraced Christianity likely due to the basic social pressures of childhood indoctrination.
Ethiopia is 35% Muslim

1 Like

Re: China Bans Christians From All Church Activities by ofuonyebi: 8:47pm On Mar 21, 2018
The GOD of Heaven that is called JEHOVAH that also created china will tear down the president of China & all his security agents...

that is fighting the church.....while the church of GOD will be marching on!...no one fights with his creator & lives to tell the story

it often ends like the tale of someone run down by the caterpillar....it is deadly to stumble upon the turns...

Xi-ji pin should go and ask the ancestors of the Egyptian pharaoh...what happened to them when he tried to stir the hornets net against the

Israelite s...the red sea swallowed them all!
Re: China Bans Christians From All Church Activities by Mryacks: 9:32pm On Mar 21, 2018
princechurchill:
The gates of Beijing cannot prevail against the Church

Amen.
Re: China Bans Christians From All Church Activities by prinzfavian(m): 11:05pm On Mar 21, 2018
PurplePatch:

Spotted...let the reader use discernment and those in the roof top....well done my "brother"
Yes.... It will only be obvious to spiritually minded and alert ones.... Most people will be caught unaware, just as a thief in the night catches his victims unaware....
May God help us.
Re: China Bans Christians From All Church Activities by Mcube012(m): 11:14pm On Mar 21, 2018
forghon:
Buhari and Xi Jinping want to turn China to a Muslim country�� shocked
this law started with muslims around last year... So pls sumtyms lets make sure we know the full story....... . with religions such as islam and Christianity been d minority this was expected in china...... For everyone who knew wat happened last year

2 Likes

Re: China Bans Christians From All Church Activities by kechywillz(m): 11:36am On Mar 22, 2018
We as Christians are not doing enough to pray for brethren who are been persecuted in many countries,how often do we pray for Christians been persecuted in the north? When we start fasting and praying for them,we will see changes,but nothing will stop these persecutions because that was one of the profecy Christ gave as to expect his second coming. This is the time to reconnect back to God and give all we have to him including ourselves totally.
Re: China Bans Christians From All Church Activities by GoodMuyis(m): 8:12am On Mar 24, 2018
Lordcenturion2:
This is what I call a country that really wants to develop their people and move away from a religion that doesn't let people think straight..

I nearly shed tears when I saw the news where human being is licking the shoe of their fellow human...

I hope Nigeria can emulate China so that we can started inventing things instead of pray to white man from clouds to turn our country to paradise..

What have you invented

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Apostle Suleman Makes First Church Appearance After Sex Scandal (Photos) / How Modern Miracle Evangelism Works (Video) / TB Joshua Crusade In Nazareth Israel: Churches, Islamic Cleric, Politicians Kick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.