Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,140 members, 7,780,070 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:14 AM

Deranged -A tale of Love and Obsession. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Deranged -A tale of Love and Obsession. (3470 Views)

The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal / A Tale Of Two Lovebirds / A Game Of Love And Obsession (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Deranged -A tale of Love and Obsession. by Lexastories(f): 10:22am On Mar 21, 2018
So here's Deranged from LexaNJ(writer of From NewYork with Love). I hope you enjoy it.

DERANGED

Episode 1

It was a cool evening, and the atmosphere was just so perfect for a walk. So I took Mandy and started out the back door for a short walk. I bet she figured out where we were headed because she kept prancing about and asking if she could bring her favourite doll with her. I answered in the affirmative and happily watched her skip the stairs to get her doll. I wondered what I would do without my bundle of joy. She was just seven and all I had after her dad’s mysterious disappearance some years back. Her loud scream sent me flying out of my thoughts and up the stairs to her room. She stood there transfixed and staring at her window which was now open and threatening to fall off its hinges. Her face was white with fear, like she had seen a ghost. I quickly went over and hugged her, carried her in my arms and rocked her like the baby she was to me. She felt so cold and I asked her what she saw but she wouldn’t say she only kept repeating the words. “He says I can’t tell.” I was literally petrified. Who could she have seen? I decided to lie in bed with her until she was asleep but I was exhausted, and soon fell asleep. I woke up, and it was already dark. I took my phone out of my pocket and checked the time.

“Crap!” I half-shouted and half-whispered. “It’s 1am already?” I questioned myself as if it would roll back the hands of time. Dropping my phone I rolled over to caress my little girl and was shocked to meet an empty bed. I panicked and headed for the door only to come face-to-face with a chocolate smeared face. Heaving a sigh of relief, I picked her up and hugged her like my life depended on it.

“Don’t ever scare me like that, ever.” I whispered into her hair.

“Mum? Are you Okay? I heard a tiny voice ask. I brought her down and squatted so I could look directly into her eyes while I replied her.

“I will always be, so long as I have you here with me. Meanwhile you have to promise mummy that her little pumpkin would always be with her.”

“For Sure Mum, I’m not going anywhere…uhhmmm…Except…” she started saying and paused as her face lit up. I waited impatiently to hear what she had to say.

“Except what happens I asked,” worry creasing my brows
“…Except when I have to go get chocolates from the fridge again” she replied with a mischievous grin. I laughed and scooped her up as she giggled.

“Now c’mon let’s get you cleaned up.” I said as I carried her into her bathroom. While scrubbing her face and hands, I knew I should have probably scolded her for getting chocolate all over her and for going to the fridge without my knowledge.

Laying her gently on her bed, I decided I’d leave disciplinary mum for later, right now I needed to just hold her close and watch over her, even if I had to stay awake all night to do that. I played several dangerous scenarios that she could have gotten into on her way to the kitchen. What if she had tripped on her peejays and sustained a serious injury or probably run into whoever it was she saw earlier? Worse still she could have been kidnapped by him or something even more terrible could have happened. I shook my head vigorously in order to get the dreadful thoughts off my mind. Shifting my gaze to her, I studied her angelic and innocent face while she slept. She looked a lot like him, his thin eyelashes, his auburn curly hair that makes me want to always leave my hands in it, “oh and that cute little nose,” I said with a sigh. Lying on my back, I let myself reminisce.

From the stables of Lexastories
Follow every Wednesday by 10am on Nairaland, Instagram @lexastories and on our facebook page: Lexastories.
Have a fun-filled week.

3 Likes

Re: Deranged -A tale of Love and Obsession. by Lexastories(f): 10:28am On Mar 21, 2018
Equatornoni, Cadec007, lovingyouhun

1 Like

Re: Deranged -A tale of Love and Obsession. by Lexastories(f): 10:34am On Mar 21, 2018
daragoldy, Ehmjay, Twoclans, Piercy
Re: Deranged -A tale of Love and Obsession. by Twoclans(f): 10:57am On Mar 21, 2018
Interesting ,I am just curious to know what she saw. Or is she autistic.

Hmmmmm I guss I need to wait and find out smiley
Re: Deranged -A tale of Love and Obsession. by Cadec007(m): 2:36pm On Mar 21, 2018
Lexastories:
Equatornoni, Cadec007, lovingyouhun
thanks for the mention

1 Like

Re: Deranged -A tale of Love and Obsession. by Nobody: 5:13am On Mar 22, 2018
Great. I'm here. Any � popcorn yet?
Re: Deranged -A tale of Love and Obsession. by Lexastories(f): 10:32am On Mar 28, 2018
EPISODE 2

We had met at the most awkward place, a cemetery. He was on his way out of the cemetery and I had run into him, not actually caring who it was I had muttered an angry “Are you blind or what? And headed right for my mother’s grave. He must have noticed that I was distraught as he didn’t pick offense and just let me go. Some days later, He had showed up on my front porch with my purse and an accent that could turn bones into jelly. Introducing himself as Salvador Rodriguez said he had picked it up after nearly pushing him down and literally running into the cemetery and he being in a hurry wasn’t able to run after me to return it. So he had kept it since my address was in it till he had the chance to drive over to my house to be a Good Samaritan. I had literally been over joyed owing to the fact that I had been searching frantically for my purse and not knowing where I had dropped it, had increased my misery. I remembered snatching it from him with a queer look on my face and checking for my credit card and the little cash I had left in it. Smiling as I discovered nothing of mine was tampered with had let my guard down and let him creep gradually into my life until I found out I could barely go a day without craving his company. Days grew into weeks and into months, we had been so in love that we had just opted for one of his friends who served in the church to join us in matrimony since he, Salvador had to travel to San Francisco to go round up an unfinished business he claimed would keep him away from Beverly Hills for a very long while. Despite the fact that the mini wedding was rushed, it was the best day of my life and unknown to me the beginning of a nightmare.

#LexaNJ from the stables of Lexastories
Follow every Wednesday by 10am on nairaland, instagram @lexastories and on facebook.
Have a Great Week!
Re: Deranged -A tale of Love and Obsession. by Lexastories(f): 10:35am On Mar 28, 2018
Cadec007, lovingyouhun, Ehmjay, piercy, Twoclans, Equatornoni,

2 Likes

Re: Deranged -A tale of Love and Obsession. by Lexastories(f): 2:25am On Apr 05, 2018
DERANGED

EPISODE 3

Weeks went in a blur and so did the months. Life was gradually returning to normal and I, once again started feeling relaxed in my home since the frightening incident with my little girl. I had already started letting Mandy out again to visit and play with friends and to go to the park all by herself. She probably was hallucinating then I tried to convince myself severally whenever my thoughts about that night surfaces or whenever she’d pick up her doll to go play in the park with her best friend Camilla but a very tiny part of me wouldn’t fall for that explanation. However, it didn’t really matter owing to the fact that it’s been months since the incident and whoever the boogey man was, must have gotten tired of scaring kids or moved to another town to terrorize other kids. I definitely wasn’t going to deprive her of a beautiful childhood because of some hallucination.

Fridays were very special to Mandy and I because it was the only day we got the chance to play together and do all the things she loved to do, scrabble games, hide and seek at the park, cupcake and ice-cream party and so many other things. Today, Friday the 13th day of the month of August was not an exception. Mandy did her best to complete her chores and assignments on time and waited for me to get back from the impromptu errand I had to run for my boss, knowing I might not make it back home in time to savor another Mother-Daughter fun filled Friday, I gave her some money to get ice-cream with Camilla while she waited for my return. I got back late in the night with well sorted apologies for Mandy only to meet my front door ajar. Wondering why my door was open by that time of the night I rushed in screaming Mandy's name and then what I saw froze me in my tracks. Written in fresh blood on my wall were the words, “YOU HAVE SOMETHING OF MINE WITH YOU, RETURN IT TO ME AND YOU HAVE HER BACK, ALIVE!!!” Adrenaline kicked in and I rushed over to my phone to dial the emergency help line. Just as I picked it up, it rang and I immediately answered it. The line crackled and I heard a muffled voice screaming in the back ground, I strained my ear to hear what the voice was saying because the line was unsteady. “Mummy! Mummy!!... I’m scared…” she screamed. I quivered as recognition hit me. “Hello sweetheart, can you hear me?” “Mummy is coming for you just stay strong okay?” I pelted out as tears rolled down my cheeks, “Hello, sweetie can you hear me?” The line crackled again… “Hello, please don’t hurt my baby.” I sobbed. MUM! HELLPPP!! HE’S HURTING MEE!!!… And just then, the line went dead.

So sorry its coming late…Had some glitches.
Follow every Wednesday by 10am on nairaland, instagram @lexastories and on facebook.
Have a Great Week
Re: Deranged -A tale of Love and Obsession. by Lexastories(f): 12:17pm On Apr 11, 2018
DERANGED
EPISODE 4

The rays hit the mirror in such angle it directed light right into my eyes. I blinked and averted my eyes from the sun. Sitting up, I tried to recall why I was still in my work clothes. “Mandy!” where was she? She usually slept beside me? Why was I even sleeping on the couch? Then it all started coming back to me. The words in blood, the anonymous call, Mandy’s screams and I let the tears flow. I couldn’t seem to understand why anybody would want to hurt any of us. Reaching out my hands towards the phone that was now dangling from the table, I punched in 911 and as it went through I remembered his warnings not to get the cops involved and I dropped it. I racked my head to know whom I might have wronged but I got nothing. Distraught was an understatement for my current state. I couldn’t lose Mandy, she was the only reason I was still alive. My cell rang, startling me out of my thoughts. I picked it up in a hurry thinking it was Mandy‘s captor and sighed when I heard my boss’s voice over the phone. “Good morning Sir.” I said reluctantly into the receiver. He sensed I wasn’t alright immediately. Trust my boss to always sense feelings with just one word. After having explained what had happened, he gave me some days off and told me to reach him if I needed his help. I thanked him and dropping the call I walked to the bathroom. I put on the water and let it run on my hair for some time. I smiled as I remembered Mandy splashing in the water every time she was to have her bath. I wished at that point that Salvador was around. He would have had an idea what to do. Washing up, I headed into the kitchen to fix myself a plate of cereals when the phone rang. I walked over to where it hung and picked it up. ”Hello. Who is this?” “You’ve been very good Mi lady.” He cooed into the phone. His voice was somewhat familiar but try as much as I could, I still couldn’t place it. “What do you want from me?” I asked. Hoping he would call the sum of money I could produce at least that was what all abductors wanted. I thought. “Be at the park by 4pm today and you will find out.” he said. “Please don’t hurt my daughter I pleaded.” “Oh, your daughter will be fine so far as you are on time for our date.” he said and laughing at whatever he thought was hilarious, he dropped the call.

Have a Great Week
Re: Deranged -A tale of Love and Obsession. by Lexastories(f): 10:32am On Apr 18, 2018
DERANGED

EPISODE 5

I fidgeted as I sat at the park looking out for a car that I thought looked suspicious. I glanced at my phone after every two seconds as I waited impatiently for the call. Slouching into the chair like I was just lounging in the park, I nodded a good day at the cop who stood few meters from me beside his car. He must have sensed that I was tensed because he suddenly started walking towards me. I sat up and started going through my phone and laughing out loud at nothing in particular in order to give off a positive vibe. By the time he was standing before me, I was beaming with smiles and telling him how lovely the park was in the evenings. He seemed not to take note of my smiles as he still went ahead to prod me. “Are you sure you’re okay Ma’m? You look quite unsettled.” I flashed him my best smile and affirmed that I had never been better.

“Here maybe I should sit with you to keep you company.” He said as he made to sit by me.

“No really. I’m fine. I just need to be left alone with my thoughts.” I replied. Suddenly there was pandemonium somewhere in the park and he excused himself to go check out what the ruckus was all about with the promise that he would be back. He had just been gone for some seconds when a gloved hand settled on my shoulders and instructed me to stand up and keep moving to whatever direction he was leading me too. We passed by a group of men who were seated and watching their children play and I thought of alerting them. They could catch the guy and he would probably spill where they had my Mandy. Suddenly I felt a sharp object pricking my skin. It jabbed into my back as I walked and I figured it was a knife.

“Don’t do anything foolish.” My captor warned as he navigated me towards a black sedan parked across the park. I wouldn’t dare not when I had a knife to my back. I thought. Shoving me into the passenger’s seat, I watched as he hurried over to the driver’s side. I got a closer look at him for the first time as he sat beside me in the driver’s seat. He had on a black cap that shielded a better part of his face and he seemed a bit shaken as he fidgeted with the key like a child being shouted at. What he was scared of was what I couldn’t decipher. Was he being watched? Did he have a deadline to bring me or something? And just as if to answer my questions a voice spoke from behind me. “Well hello there Lexie. Nice seeing you again.” I froze in my seat. There was just one person in my life that called me Lexie and I had been on the run from him since Junior High. I slowly turned in my seat to confirm my suspicions and my eye met with his which were the same brown and blazing with passionate fury.

Have a Great Week.
Re: Deranged -A tale of Love and Obsession. by Lexastories(f): 10:40am On Apr 25, 2018
DERANGED

EPISODE 6

“Bryan?” I exclaimed though it sounded more like a question. “Wait a minute you took my daughter? “And will take more if you don’t shut up and act normal.” He said as he looked out through the window to ensure I had not drawn anybody’s attention. “You son of a bitch.” I said as I lunged at him. “What did I ever do to you? What do you want from us?” I kept talking and pounding on the seat. “Women.” He said rolling his eyes. “Gag her.” He instructed and the guy, who brought me to the car, shoved some cloth in my mouth. I would have sworn that it was a shoe rag or his face towel.
As we drove down an alley, I thought back to my days in college when I had first met Bryan. He was a promising computer nerd but now looking into the mirror, he looked a lot more different than the guy I had met nine years ago. He exuded confidence that he never had in his college days and he had become a lot more muscular and handsome. Wherever did his glasses go? I thought. I remembered that he had wanted me to go out with him but I had declined his offer as I was already with Derek then. Suddenly some weeks later, Derek had mysteriously transferred leaving no reasons, addresses or even contacts. What he had left was just a goodbye note which was hurriedly written and didn’t explain much. It just said he needed to leave school and that his life depended on it. I had carried on with my life and had accepted Bryan into my life as a friend and study partner even though he wanted more than that. One day we had gone to study at his house and I had wandered into a room that had my pictures on the wall taken at awkward times and situations when I thought I had my privacy. It was literally like a shrine devoted to me and he had totally freaked out when he had caught me sneaking around in the room and had asked me to leave immediately. Few days later he had come saying he was sorry but I had told him I was no longer interested in being his friend as I couldn’t be friends with a stalker. What was he doing with my pictures anyway? I had thought. But I never got an answer as he had angrily left that day and had not appeared in my life again until today and no longer as a stalking friend but as my captor.
“We are here princess.” He said jogging me out of my reverie. I had lost count of the number of turns we had taken to get there and how far we were from the city. Opening the passenger’s door he let me out and instructed a guy I hadn’t noticed was in the car with us to inject me. I struggled and kicked but he was just too strong for me. So, accepting my fate, I let the needle pierce through my neck and send me to the darkest part of oblivion.

Have a Great Week.
Re: Deranged -A tale of Love and Obsession. by Lexastories(f): 12:12pm On May 02, 2018
Episode 7

“Lexie.” I heard someone call out my name. I blinked my eyes as they tried to adjust to the darkness and Immediately the room was flooded with lights. I shielded my hurting eyes from the light. “Oh sorry beautiful. Do your eyes hurt? I am really sorry.” He said as he advanced towards me. I tried to move from where I was seated but I found out that my hands and legs were bound to the chair. Crap they must have tied me up while I was asleep. I thought as I tried to wriggle my hands out of the binds. “Sorry babe but I had to make sure you don’t pull any tricks when you wake up.” He said as he sat on a table opposite me. He trailed his fingers down my arms and I flinched and moved my arms so that he couldn’t touch me. “Now. Now. you wouldn’t want to make enemies with me Alexis.” He said as a taunting smile crawled across his lips. “What do you want Bryan?” I asked “Is that how to welcome a friend who you haven’t seen in a really long while? C’mon try again. I know you are smarter than this.” What do you want?” I asked again this time I was yelling. “Okay I’ll spell it out for you. I want you and for these past years, I’ve done everything even became the boogey man as the children called me to get you. And now that I have you, I won’t let you go. So feel free to ask for anything and you’ll get it my love. He said as he kissed my forehead and made to leave. “Make yourself at home Alexis and I promise to bring your daughter to you if you behave.” He said as he closed the door behind him. God what am I going to do. I thought as tears rolled down my cheeks. “Help! Somebody please help me! Anybody!” I shouted even though I knew we were very far from help. “Mum? Mum is that you?” I heard Mandy’s voice fill the room through the vent. “Mandy? Mandy can you hear me?” I yelled frustrated that I couldn’t move from where I was seated. “Mummy Please come get me out of here. He’s hurting me.” Mandy shouted. “Gag her.” I heard someone shout in her room. “No No Mummmmyyy.Help.” She shouted again and then silence ensued.

Have a Great Week.
Re: Deranged -A tale of Love and Obsession. by Lexastories(f): 12:21pm On May 09, 2018
DERANGED
Episode 8

After some hours of sitting in a chair, I realized that the place had suddenly gone quiet. Where had they taken Mandy to? I thought. I was much of a hot head and didn’t like the eerie feeling I got from the silence. “Get me out of here.” I shouted banging the chair against the floor. I winced as the banging reverberated in my head. I had already gotten a terrible headache from all the shouting and wiggling. I sat up in my chair as the door creaked open and a lady came in carrying a plate of food. Judging from her apparel I figured she was one of the maids. “Madame, the boss ordered that you eat something so you wouldn’t lose all your strength.” She calmly said and dropped the plate of food on the table in front of me.

“Oh look at that.” I said with mock laughter. “Now tell your boss that he can go to hell.” I said literally tasting the hate in my mouth. “Fine.” she said gently. “I will tell him. But with this attitude you won’t last here Ma’m.” She said as she headed for the door. “You know what I’d want?” I asked suddenly going sober and hoping my trick would work on her. ”What?” she asked as her eyes lit up. Oh poor girl. Who knows what the scumbag is holding over her head. I thought. “If only you could get me out of these binds maybe I’d be able to eat.” I said wiggling my hands for emphasis. She studied me for some time and shaking her head. She opened the door to leave. “Hey?” I shouted in exasperation. “I’ll be back. Let me check with my boss if it’s okay to untie you.” She said as she smiled at me. She wasn’t so stupid after all. I thought to myself as I gave up struggling with the binds. They were beginning to cut into my wrists and hurt whenever I tried pulling them out.
Few minutes later, Bryan walked in and smiled when he saw the look on my face. “Oh I can see you haven’t touched your food? What? You don’t like it?” he asked as he trailed his hand down my left cheek and drew circles on it. “Get your hands off me.” I shouted throwing away my face. “You know, what you don’t know yet is that this is my house and I give orders here.” He said as he dragged me by the hair and pulled my face closer to his. “You better stop struggling and start giving in to my wants.” he said as he forcefully kissed me.

Follow every Wednesday on nairaland, instagram @lexastories and on facebook.
Have a Great Week.
Re: Deranged -A tale of Love and Obsession. by Lexastories(f): 9:19am On May 16, 2018
EPISODE 9

Biting down on his lips, he winced and slapped me making me let go of his lips. “That should teach you not to kiss me again.” I said as I spat in his face. He recoiled and laughed while he cleaned the spittle off his face. “I love my women feisty and you are so beautiful when you’re like that.” He said as he got up from the table and walked about the room as if in deep thought. Immediately his phone rang interrupting the next thing he was going to say. He walked back to the table close to me and sat down looking at me with a stupid grin plastered on his face as he answered the call. I grimaced and he even laughed harder. “Hi Michelle.” he cooed into the phone. “To what do I owe this pleasant surprise?” From the way he talked to her, I figured it was probably a business partner of his. The next thing I heard made me raise my eyebrows. “Do you have that bitch there with you now?” The female voice asked. Who was she referring to? It had better be someone else. I thought fuming. “Now you be nice to her Michelle. She is seated right here with me.” He said looking at me. “I’m coming over the caller said.” Dropping the call he picked up the plate of oatmeal and tried spooning some into my mouth. I was hungry but I knew better than to take the food. I hated him and wished I could stuff the spoon down his throat.
A knock on the door made him drop the food and focus on the lady who walked into the room like she owned the place. “Welcome darling.” He said as they embraced themselves. I was stunned was she really his business partner? I thought. How could she be working with this devil? “No it couldn’t be her.” I said as I closed my eyes and counted to en hoping that it would be all a dream when I open them. I opened my eyes wishing everything would be a dream but to my utter dismay Michelle, Camilla’s mother stood towering above me. “Hi Alexis.” She said with a deadly grin.

Have a Great Week.
Re: Deranged -A tale of Love and Obsession. by Lexastories(f): 11:58am On May 23, 2018
Episode 10

“Why are you here Michelle? You shouldn’t be here. That guy over there is crazy. He would kill you when he’s done with you.” The reaction I got from Michelle made me choke on the next words that I was about to say. She threw her head back and gave off a scornful laughter. It sounded like that of evil maniacs before they perpetrated an evil act. “Michelle you have to get out of here as fast as you can and please take Mandy with you. He has her somewhere in this building. I pleaded with my eyes.” I still believed she was my friend. I thought up so many reasons why she would be in alliance with him. She probably owed him something or he had something of hers, a family member maybe. I thought. “He’s my brother.” she said. “Well yeah I know we don’t look alike.” She said when she saw the horrified look on my face. “He’s my half-brother.” She said as she grinned. “C’mon don’t act so surprised. You used to be my friend and I remember telling you about my half-brother.” “I didn’t know it was him,” I said letting reality wash over me. I remembered she told me about her brother who was still pining after a girl he was in love with during his college days. “Why are you doing this Michelle? I loved you like a sister. Our daughters were even so close people mistook us for sisters.” “Wait. You still don’t get it?” she asked giving me a you-are-so-dumb look. “This whole crap was a ploy to get closer to you. I hated you but I had to act like a good friend and neighbour, gain your trust and then strike.” “Why did you hate me so much? I’ve been nothing but nice to you.” I asked. “You took Salvador from me. Yeah. Salvador. Ring a bell?” She asked sarcasm dripping from her voice. She had a pained look when she talked about him and I wondered why she was so pained. Salvador had mentioned a lady he once dated but had left her because he thought she was mentally unhealthy as she had tried to kill him sometime. “I didn’t take Salvador from anybody. You tried to kill him. You are the maniac here.” “I tried to kill him but I still love him,” she said as she suddenly became moody. “He said Camilla wasn’t his child and it infuriated me. He denied his own child,” she said pounding angrily on the table. Salvador had not mentioned that he had a child. How could he not tell me? But I figured he probably didn’t because the child was actually not his. If he didn’t have a child then she must have cheated on him. I thought. I wasn’t totally sure but I pulled the only card I thought I had at the moment to destabilize her. “No he didn’t deny her. You cheated on him. So she isn’t actually his child,” I shouted at her. She became livid and snatched her bag off the table. “You know what? Now I know why you two fit like gloves on each other’s hands. You are both disturbed and need psychological help. Michelle despite the fact you betrayed our friendship. I can help you. I know a doctor…” I began to say but she laughed cutting me short. “I have allowed you enough time to breathe,” she said as she searched through her bag for something. Suddenly she pulled out a gun and walked towards me. I panicked and started pleading with her. “I can help you, please just let me.” “Michelle. What do you think you are doing? Put the gun down. You know you don’t have to do this.” Bryan pleaded as he advanced towards her. He looked really scared.“Bryan, if you don’t want to join your girlfriend you would stay right where you are,” she said as she pressed the gun on my temple. “Now what last words do you have for your daughter?” She asked with a wicked grin playing at the corners of her mouth. “Michelle please don’t do this,” I said as I closed my eyes. “No last words for beloved Mandy?” She asked. “Okay. We’ll have it your way then.” And just then she pulled the trigger.

Have a Great Week.
Re: Deranged -A tale of Love and Obsession. by Lexastories(f): 10:55am On May 30, 2018
EPISODE 11

I shut my eyes so tight I feared they’d go blind before I finally died at the hands of my captors. I waited patiently for the pain, the white light and then death but none of them came. I didn’t hear the loud bang that came with ricocheting bullets. I slowly opened my eyes to know if Michelle had changed her mind. She had probably let her conscience talk some sense into her, I thought. Michelle stood there looking annoyed and surprised. She pulled open the gun to check why it had not gone off when she pulled the trigger and discovered that the bullets were missing.

“Looking for this?” Bryan asked brandishing a gun. Michelle swiveled and spotting her gun in his hand laughed. “How do you have that?” she asked.
“I saw the gun when I hugged you and swapped it when you weren’t looking with an empty one. Remember our twin guns? Comes in handy—just like it did now. You know, you can’t just walk in here and kill my hostages as u like,” He said as his tone began to rise. Now I’ll suggest that you get out of here.”
“Yeah I will. Just give me the gun and we will be done before you know it,” she said and advanced towards him slowly.
“What? Do you think I’m joking here? Hey!” Bryan said signaling to one of his goons standing at the door. “Get her out of here. I think she has lost it,” he said as he watched him drag Michelle out of the room. “You know, the only reason she’s still alive is because she’s my sister,”
“You should probably tell her that, I said still trying to recover from the near-death experience. He must have noticed how frightened I was because he walked towards me and brought his hand closer to my face to caress it as he said things to help me calm down.
“You don’t have to worry about her; she won’t be bothering you anymore.” His hands were actually calming. How was he able to do that? I thought. You should push him away from you he’s the one that has you tied up, my mind screamed but this time, I was too tired to resist him. I was dehydrated and in dire need of food. I hadn’t taken anything since my abduction for the fear that the water or food might be spiked with some drug that will knock me out and let him have his way with me. I needed to stay alert for my baby. He pulled me in and kissed me again passionately and I let him while I sat there slumped in the chair and feeling like a used doll. I needed a miracle or plan, I thought as I looked into his face as the tears I had been holding back poured in torrents. Seeing a look I recognized as sincerity, a realization hit me. It dawned on me that since I had gotten there, he had never tried to touch me except maybe the kisses and I was tied up anyway if he had wanted to rape me he would have done it a long time ago. There was sincerity behind that passion. He was obsessed with me and I was going to use his obsession against him. It was my only card and I had to play it well or it would be my end and that of Mandy’s too. I wasn’t going to sit there and cry like a helpless child. I’ll fight for myself and my child. I thought. So, sitting up, in my chair, I let the plan which was now completely formed in my head direct my actions.

Have a Great Week.
Re: Deranged -A tale of Love and Obsession. by Lexastories(f): 8:13pm On Jun 06, 2018
Episode 12

“I’m hungry and really thirsty. If you’d please send someone to get me some water,…” I began to say when he cut me off.
“Shhhh, my pretty one, I’ll get them to prepare a lovely banquet for just the two of us. But you have to promise to behave.” He said as he stared at me with fire tearing those blue pearls he had as eyes. Looking at him, I realized he looked a lot better than he did then in college. He no longer looked like that college nerd that was my friend. He was handsome but I wasn’t into his type of handsome. Instead all I could see was a loony who would do anything to get what he wanted.
“I promise.” He smiled as he stood from where he sat opposite me and headed towards the door.
“Now a lady will come in here to get you ready for a sumptuous meal with me. If you’re in luck, we might run into Mandy,” he said as he laughed, pumping his fists into the air in triumph.
I smiled as I realized he was beginning to fall for my good girl façade. You ain’t seen nothing yet, Bryan. I thought as he left.

I'm really sorry for the late post...
Have a Great Week.
Re: Deranged -A tale of Love and Obsession. by Lexastories(f): 10:00am On Jun 13, 2018
Episode 13

Some minutes later an Asian lady walked into the room and loosening my binds held a gun to my head and instructed me to move towards the last room down the hall. On getting to the door of the room, I peered into it and my eyes were met with luxury. The room looked like a spa and another lady in a white robe was waiting for me. I figured she had been hired to deck me out in the dress and accessories that were displayed on the bed.
“Come on in; let’s not keep the boss waiting. She said. I obediently walked into the room as she ushered me into a chair attached to a dressing table. He began working on my hair which had tangled out as it had not felt the gentle caress of a comb in days. I winced as the comb she was using on my hair caught on a dangerously tangled nest of hair.
“I’m sorry, she muttered. I watched her work from the mirror and noticed that she darted her eyes at intervals about the room and then to a particular spot on the white walls. She seemed nervous but fought hard not to show it. She caught me staring at her in the mirror and smiled showing off a perfect set of white teeth.
“You have a nice smile,” I said trying to start of a conversation.
“Thank you,” she said smiling again.
“So you work for him?” I asked and my question was met with silence. “Does he have anything on you,” I asked again hoping she would talk but she didn’t. After she was done with my hair, she started my facials.
“You know he abducted me right?” I asked trying to get her to talk. “This guy is crazy and might kill you off once you are done with this job,” I said again. Her face went white like she had seen a ghost and when the color returned, she began to fret. I could see her hands trembling as she tried to powder my face.
“Please if you can help me and report this to the police once you are out of here, I’d really appreciate. He has my daughter and I don’t know where he’s keeping her. I pleaded.
“I can’t help you Ma’am. Now if you wouldn’t mind, I’d like to finish my job and in silence." I wished so much for her sake that she would listen but at that moment I knew her fears won’t let her. So I let her be and secretly prayed for her. I already knew where it was headed for her but I wished she could see it from where she stood.

Have a Great Week.
Re: Deranged -A tale of Love and Obsession. by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jun 13, 2018
Hey @Lexastories. I really enjoyed reading this past few episodes. Keep up the good work though I haven't seen a comment here. Thanks for sharing your story here every Wednesday and I'll be sure to follow your Facebook page.
Re: Deranged -A tale of Love and Obsession. by Lexastories(f): 11:25am On Jun 20, 2018
Episode 14

I twirled in the dress and for one second I wished I was actually on a real date, with the man my heart longed for—my Salvador. “Thank you, I said dragging up the bodice to cover my cleavage.
“You look beautiful,” she said as she smiled. I looked up from admiring the sequined dress and saw the smile flash across her stressed face. I could now get a better look at her as I was to totally shaken earlier. She looked like she could do with a vacation. Judging from the stress lines on her face I figured she would be in her late 30s. She sat on the bed and held her head in her hands.
“He has my son,” she finally said. She seemed like she was about let a lot out so I kept quiet and let her continue.
“He barged in on us closing up my salon and took us against our will.” I rolled my eyes and muttered a ‘so typical’.
“I know how it is and I’m practically scared for our lives. I don’t even know where my son is right now, she continued breaking into tears as the thoughts of her son assailed her mind. I sat by her and tried consoling her but the emotion racked her body and she looked like she couldn’t handle it all by herself.
“He’s everything I have. I can’t afford to lose him.” I wished at that moment that I could guarantee her son’s safety but I couldn’t even guarantee that of my daughter’s so I just kept quiet and hoped for the best.

Our heads shot up when we heard footsteps in the hallway. Seconds later, the door flung open and the lady who had brought me in, walked in towards us. She dragged the lady who I had not remembered to ask of her name away from me.
“You’ve said enough, the boss wants to see you now.” The mean lady said dragging her towards the door. For someone with a frame like hers, she really did have a lot of strength. She struggled with the mean lady but couldn’t get her to let go. She was too strong for her.
“Where are you taking her too?” I asked.
“That is none of your business lady,” the mean lady said. “Sit back down there, your chariot will be in in five,” she ordered brandishing a knife I didn’t know she had when I got up from the bed. I obeyed and sitting down, I watched her drag away my new found friend.

Have a Great Week.
Re: Deranged -A tale of Love and Obsession. by Lexastories(f): 11:27am On Jun 20, 2018
Jadedgrace98:
Hey @Lexastories. I really enjoyed reading this past few episodes. Keep up the good work though I haven't seen a comment here. Thanks for sharing your story here every Wednesday and I'll be sure to follow your Facebook page.

Thanks dear, I appreciate the recognition.
Re: Deranged -A tale of Love and Obsession. by Lexastories(f): 11:11pm On Jun 27, 2018
Episode 15

The said chariot was a huge broad chested man whom I didn’t recall ever seeing in the building. It wasn’t like I had been taken on a tour anyway. He ordered me to follow him and I did quietly. I was tough but I knew I was no match of his. I could take on Bryan but not the King Kong pounding forward to who knows where in the name of walking. I walked down the corridor hoping my plans would fall in place. We got to the end of it and turned into a bigger corridor. I could hear muffled sobs behind the walls I trailed my hands along and my heart went out to the girls behind the walls. Mr. Hulk came to an abrupt stop in front of a door and opening it ushered me into a magnificent hall that looked like a top class restaurant. My eyes trailed from the flower lined walls to the decorations on the tables. It reminded me of my first date with Salvador. He bought up the whole restaurant for that night just to make me feel loved and special. I could still feel the touch of his firm manly hands on my body and the thought of that caused shivers to crawl up my spine. Goose pimples popped all over my body and I shivered as I felt his fingers trail down my exposed arms. Except this time it just didn’t feel right. He was breathing heavily down my neck and I turned to find out what was wrong only to come face to face with Brandon. I reached out to smack the stupid grin off his face and he caught my hand in midair.

“You wouldn’t do that if I were you.” He said as he pulled out a chair facing his and pushed me down on it.

“And that’s how you treat the so called love of your life.” I asked as I rolled my eyes and darted my eyes towards the door that had swung open behind him. I watched keenly as a child whose head was covered with a black cloth was pushed in. she staggered in oblivious of where she was and groping around for something to hold on to. I shot up from my seat when I saw the familiar polka dotted pink tank top Mandy always loved wearing. She had worn it on the night she had gone missing. I could see the tips of her blonde hair which hung over her shoulders in the casual black band Mandy always held her hair with and tears dropped from my eyes. I noticed her blue shorts were stained with blood. The guy behind her was still struggling with his belt. Bile rose to my throat as my heart became overwhelmed with hatred. Throwing caution to the wind I charged towards him but was held down in my seat by two men I hadn’t notice enter the room from behind me.

“Mandy!!!” I screamed as I struggled to get out of my seat all to no avail. I couldn’t even move, his goons were very strong. I squealed and squirmed under their grasp. I looked over pleadingly at Bryan who was brandishing short knives. The ones I had seen in a knife throwing contest once. He smiled as he beckoned on the goon who had finished tying up my little Mandy to an over turned table. What was he going to use my Mandy to learn to throw knives? The goon who was smiling sheepishly walked over to him. Bryan asked for his hand and once he had it turned it over baring his wrist. He told him how he loved the tattoo on his arm and just when the goon was beginning to explain what his tattoo meant, he slit his wrist and I shrilled in effect.

“That’s for opening my merchandise.” He said and wiped his knife on the white table cloth.
He let him stagger away in pain and some seconds later he slumped to the floor and stopped moving. That drilled another scream from me and he gave me a look that said he had had enough of my screaming. I retched and my hands flew to my mouth cupping it. It dawned on me then that Bryan had gone really crazy.

Really sorry for posting this late guys, was swamped with a lot.
Have a Great Week.
Re: Deranged -A tale of Love and Obsession. by Lexastories(f): 12:52pm On Jul 04, 2018
Episode 16

“What sort of lover threatens her loved one or tries to kill her daughter?” I asked drawing his attention away from my Mandy but he ignored my question instead.
“I hope you get to keep quite so I enjoy my favorite sport before our meal comes.” He said.
“And you have to do it with my daughter?” I asked my voice raised and shaky. He rolled his eyes which were void of concern or sympathy. What was wrong with him? He had just killed a human being and was planning to kill my Mandy and he doesn’t show any sign of remorse?

“Please, Bryan don’t do this to me. Don’t hurt my daughter. I’ll do anything you ask of me.” I pleaded.
“You can start by shutting up.” He barked at me and I shut my mouth immediately. But it still didn’t stop him. He ordered one of his men standing by the door to spin the table which was now attached to a pole that was sticking out of the wall. The round table and the pole fit like missing pieces of a puzzle. When I had first walked into the room, that particular pole on the wall had seemed quite off. I had thought the architect had probably forgotten to wipe that part of his design after deciding to remove it. He probably was in a hurry or it was an oversight, I had thought. But I was wrong. It was put there by Bryan for his blood thirsty pleasure. What sort of a human would play knife throwing with a human and not just any human, a child, my child.

“Spin,” he ordered as he got his knives ready. I wondered why Mandy wasn’t screaming and it dawned on me that they could have gagged her as I couldn’t see her face. My face was already messed up by my tears. I could feel my mascara running down my sunken cheeks and leaving black stains on the silky gown I was clad in. I jerked forcefully in my chair to pull away from my captor but he was way too strong. Trying to pry myself from him felt like trying to lift a boulder. I wailed and kicked wishing at that moment that I was in a nightmare and would wake up and find out that none of these happened. But this nightmare was my reality and I was sitting at a bloody banquet with its architect.

Have a Great Week.
Re: Deranged -A tale of Love and Obsession. by Lexastories(f): 5:09pm On Jul 11, 2018
Episode 17

I held my breath as I watched the first knife sail through the air and land on one of the boldly marked spots beside her left leg. I screamed and intensified my pleading.

“Calm down sweetheart, I got this,” he said as he landed another knife close to her ear. Her head was still covered with the black cloth so I couldn’t see the extent of damage he had done to her ear. I watched the blood trickle down the boards as she struggled to free herself unsuccessfully from her binds.

The next thing that happened broke my heart in bits and pieces I couldn’t gather. Bryan who was enjoying his sport at the expense of my agony ignored my pleas. He prepared to throw his last knife and asked me to watch him make his last clean throw. He picked up the knife, brandished it before me and threw but at the same time his phone rang distracting him. I dreaded the hole that grew in the pit of my stomach when he had turned to look at his phone at the same time he had released the knife. I secretly prayed for a miracle as I watched the knife travel in the air. And then touch down. It was a clean throw, one that drove the knife through her chest.

Have a Great Week.
Re: Deranged -A tale of Love and Obsession. by Lexastories(f): 9:33pm On Jul 18, 2018
Episode 18

Screaming like a provoked wild cat, I turned and biting down on the hands that clamped my shoulder, tore away from my captor. I was before her limp body which still jerked from the effect of life being drained from her by the knife, pulling the knife as I took her in my arms. Distraught was a word that I couldn’t use to describe my emotional state. I would have cared to check for a better word later but right then I didn’t care about any other thing in the world. The axis on which my world rotated had been destroyed and I watched as it plummeted into stark darkness before my eyes, death and then deafening silence followed.

My eyes fluttered open to a white light, it was too bright that I shut my eyes immediately the brightness hit home. I figured it was the white light people said existed on the other side after death. Was I dead? I thought. I wondered if dead people could feel their hands and legs because I could feel mine although it felt limp. I blinked again and my eyes adjusted to the white walls of the room. It had only two beds in it and I lay in one. Stray light filtered in from a crack on the door enabling my vision. Someone lay in the bed opposite mine and I figured whoever it was might have died at the same time I did. I lay in my bed unable to lift myself. It felt like I had been smacked by a boulder. My head throbbed and my joints ached. I closed my eyes and tried to recall past events if there were any but they seemed foggy. Reeling in all the strength I could muster, I pushed myself off my bed. The body in the other bed had not moved. I stood there making sounds to see if whoever it was would wake up but the body didn’t as much as twitch. From the outline I saw, I knew it was the body of a little child. The white sheet was covered up to the child’s head and a hand dangled by the side of the bed. My curiosity got a better part of me and I tiptoed towards the body. My eyes caught the sight of the note placed beside the body and my hands cautiously reached over the body for it occasionally expecting the body to latch onto me with its hand. I was frightened but at that instant, nothing made sense so I figured frightened was a better feeling.

Have a Great Week.
Re: Deranged -A tale of Love and Obsession. by Lexastories(f): 3:01pm On Jul 27, 2018
I'm really sorry dearies but we would be off for two more weeks. Please bear with us...

Have a wonderful week..
Lexastories..
Re: Deranged -A tale of Love and Obsession. by positiveequator(m): 10:21pm On Jul 31, 2018
Lexastories:
I'm really sorry dearies but we would be off for two more weeks. Please bear with us...

Have a wonderful week..
Lexastories..

Hi Lexastories,

I've been following your story for a while now as a silent reader. I have to commend your storyline and your way of handling the plot to leave us wanting more. I guess other readers won't agree less. Keep up the work. We're following. Abi my fellow readers, Are we not following?

#staypositive

(1) (Reply)

Free Romantic Story :- Life With Spoilt Neighbours(18+) Episode 1 / LOVE SEX CRIME (story By Topedoski) / Hidden Chapter.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 153
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.