Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,405 members, 7,808,446 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:02 PM

Three Friends And Their Careers: The Grammatical Errors At Back Of A Story Book - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Three Friends And Their Careers: The Grammatical Errors At Back Of A Story Book (37224 Views)

20 Of The Most Common Grammatical Errors We All Need To Stop Making / See The Grammatical Composition Of A Jambite That Have Gotten The Internet Frenz / See The Grammatical Errors A Newly Appointed Principal Of A Sec School Made.(pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Three Friends And Their Careers: The Grammatical Errors At Back Of A Story Book by Barzinime(m): 4:52pm On Mar 21, 2018
Trust me no one edited that book..from writing to printing
Aonkuuse:
what!!!! this is disastrous. the writer is not even the problem, it is the editor
Re: Three Friends And Their Careers: The Grammatical Errors At Back Of A Story Book by Nobody: 4:54pm On Mar 21, 2018
Ugosample:

You too also killed English

It's *died* not *dead*

Or you say *Education is dead*

Then it's *this country* not *these country*

These is for plural.
it was you who is uncorrect .
To the best of my capacity, I am correct. I have c6 in my English in waec though after 8th trial
So please am pride of my English.. .okay!! !
Re: Three Friends And Their Careers: The Grammatical Errors At Back Of A Story Book by ImaIma1(f): 4:55pm On Mar 21, 2018
The writer needs to be sued for releasing such a book that "uneducates" readers. angry
Re: Three Friends And Their Careers: The Grammatical Errors At Back Of A Story Book by PSTEMMA1960(m): 4:57pm On Mar 21, 2018
Aonkuuse:
what!!!! this is disastrous. the writer is not even the problem, it is the editor
grin grin list intelligent(least) grin grin grin
Re: Three Friends And Their Careers: The Grammatical Errors At Back Of A Story Book by tosyne2much(m): 5:03pm On Mar 21, 2018
This is what education has become in Nigeria. I saw a corps member few weeks ago who spelt December as "Dicembar" on the attendance sheet and I had to help him correct it

When there's an error in a book, it's the writer that takes the blame not the typist or the editor
Re: Three Friends And Their Careers: The Grammatical Errors At Back Of A Story Book by austinonyii(m): 5:12pm On Mar 21, 2018
she is a beginner, she needs a good editor not a marketer.
Re: Three Friends And Their Careers: The Grammatical Errors At Back Of A Story Book by Nobody: 5:13pm On Mar 21, 2018
E pain u reach dis one?
E b like say d Mata jus involve editor for one part of the country....
Na d same anambla sha

2 Likes

Re: Three Friends And Their Careers: The Grammatical Errors At Back Of A Story Book by Paradigm777: 5:14pm On Mar 21, 2018
Prince4mic:
This "AUTOR" should be sued for grammatical murder..
Hope the "AUTOR" is not wat I'm thinking?
Re: Three Friends And Their Careers: The Grammatical Errors At Back Of A Story Book by Nobody: 5:19pm On Mar 21, 2018
yemi1261:
Education has indeed dead in these country, imagine simple and common English these editor can not spoke
My little girl speak best English than her
What is the difference between your English and that of the author.
Re: Three Friends And Their Careers: The Grammatical Errors At Back Of A Story Book by davibid: 5:25pm On Mar 21, 2018
Aonkuuse:

I'm sure the author also edited it
Re: Three Friends And Their Careers: The Grammatical Errors At Back Of A Story Book by Liberator007(m): 5:28pm On Mar 21, 2018
ekestic1976:

How do you bend a smoked fish back to shape?
It is not too late. We have adults who have turned themselves around through adult education. If they can do it, the author could also do it. What the mind can conceive and believe, the mind can surely achieve.
Re: Three Friends And Their Careers: The Grammatical Errors At Back Of A Story Book by Nobody: 5:29pm On Mar 21, 2018
thesheddytalker:
So I came across a story book some days ago, and what I saw shocked me.
Check it out below
Source:
https://m.facebook.com/thesheddytalker/photos/a.1901494523428082.1073741827.1791654057745463/2072738082970391/?type=3&source=54

Expect this pattern of speaking English frm Anambla region....

Rice=Lice(Anambla pronunciation cheesy cheesy)
Re: Three Friends And Their Careers: The Grammatical Errors At Back Of A Story Book by okedoyinolabisi(f): 5:43pm On Mar 21, 2018
it is finished..oo Good day sir/ma. Please vote for me *Temilade debbie as best academic student in the ongoing *All funaab student award
Please tell your friends and do vote for me Your vote counts and goes a long way Click here to vote
http://www.lovablevibes.co/2018/03/afsa18-voting-link/
Re: Three Friends And Their Careers: The Grammatical Errors At Back Of A Story Book by Kobicove(m): 5:44pm On Mar 21, 2018
The editor and the publisher's licences should be revoked!
Re: Three Friends And Their Careers: The Grammatical Errors At Back Of A Story Book by Awoleesu(m): 5:45pm On Mar 21, 2018
Kul3ger:
And some schools will recommend this book for innocent pupils- and spoil their poor brains. This is the foundation of our problem in Nigeria. So, when you see your supposed schooled leaders behaving like illiterates, it is actually not their fault - they have 'does everything' they know; they are only delivering what the system deposited in them.
And their blind 'ambitioness' is also a problem!

1 Like

Re: Three Friends And Their Careers: The Grammatical Errors At Back Of A Story Book by gr8tone: 5:48pm On Mar 21, 2018
Aonkuuse:
Guy, you no dull at all grin
Re: Three Friends And Their Careers: The Grammatical Errors At Back Of A Story Book by AdeniyiA(m): 5:48pm On Mar 21, 2018
TheDejiEmpire:
They does everything together grin. Each of them has his own perso ........... I died whilst typing this grin

# pours water on him
Re: Three Friends And Their Careers: The Grammatical Errors At Back Of A Story Book by muzyab: 5:55pm On Mar 21, 2018
the editors are to be blamed, because rarely do author writes about the book
Re: Three Friends And Their Careers: The Grammatical Errors At Back Of A Story Book by gr8tone: 5:56pm On Mar 21, 2018
WHAT DO YOU EXPECT FROM SOMEONE WHO READ BUSINESS AND DECIDES TO ABANDON HIS DISCIPLINE AND CLAIM ENGLISH.
Re: Three Friends And Their Careers: The Grammatical Errors At Back Of A Story Book by ositadima1(m): 5:57pm On Mar 21, 2018
Follygunners:
Mah Pipu, Crazy dey una head so? No be the original Biafran grammer be dat?

E go soon win Nobel prize ooo. Abeg, Wetin wrong with am? grin grin

GentlemanAyo:
What do you expect from a hungry author book and for the fact that the author of the book is Igbo should have sent a message of lack of excellence. Don't be surprised if that book is a pirated copy, Igbos and dubiousness be like 5&6.

pweshdodo:
Ibo pple can murder English o

They are dullards grin grin grin grin
Imagine

cutefergiee:
E pain u reach dis one?
E b like say d Mata jus involve editor for one part of the country....
Na d same anambla sha

Randy91:

Expect this pattern of speaking English frm Anambla region....

Rice=Lice(Anambla pronunciation cheesy cheesy)

You guys are Idiots. How can you make such generalization, at least we have Ababio the popular chemistry book, P. N. Okeke the physics book. Those are being used nation wide and many others from my sweet Anambra. Once again, you are Idiots. grin
Re: Three Friends And Their Careers: The Grammatical Errors At Back Of A Story Book by Follygunners: 6:05pm On Mar 21, 2018
ositadima1:

You guys are Idiots. How can you make such generalization, at least we have Ababio the popular chemistry book, P. N. Okeke the physics book. Those are being used nation wide and many others from my sweet Anambra. Once again, you are Idiots.

FOOL!!! grin

Ababio is Ghanaian.. Go figure! cool Full name is Osie Yaw Ababio Shows how much you know abt ur culture and tradition. Can't even decipher... Na wah for dem dem sha... grin grin

Empty chest beating again... Do you wanna start counting how many textbooks are being written by Yoruba Authors? cool

2 Likes

Re: Three Friends And Their Careers: The Grammatical Errors At Back Of A Story Book by Tobycharles: 6:13pm On Mar 21, 2018
TheDejiEmpire:
They does everything together grin. Each of them has his own perso ........... I died whilst typing this grin

Ooh!

Rest in peace.
Re: Three Friends And Their Careers: The Grammatical Errors At Back Of A Story Book by pweshdodo(m): 6:15pm On Mar 21, 2018
ositadima1:

And??
E be like say Dem dey fry stew for your head cheesy cheesy
Nonsense tribe
Cannibals grin grin grin

You guys are Idiots. How can you make such generalization, at least we have Ababio the popular chemistry book, P. N. Okeke the physics book. Those are being used nation wide and many others from my sweet Anambra. Once again, you are Idiots. grin
Re: Three Friends And Their Careers: The Grammatical Errors At Back Of A Story Book by ositadima1(m): 6:16pm On Mar 21, 2018
Follygunners:

FOOL!!! grin

Ababio is Ghanaian.. Go figure! cool Full name is Osie Yaw Ababio Shows how much you know abt ur culture and tradition. Can't even decipher... Na wah for dem dem sha... grin grin

Empty chest beating again... Do you wanna start counting how many textbooks are being written by Yoruba Authors? cool

You are the biggest Idiot grin . I guess you used the other one, the physics text huh angry , I cant remember studying any serious book with a Yoruba author. Why is that ? grin Na only mouth una get.
Re: Three Friends And Their Careers: The Grammatical Errors At Back Of A Story Book by Follygunners: 6:21pm On Mar 21, 2018
ositadima1:

You are the biggest Idiot grin . I guess you used the other one, the physics test huh angry , I cant remember studying any serious book with a Yoruba author. Why is that ? grin Na only mouth una get.

You go school? How correct school go dey ur jungle? grin grin
Re: Three Friends And Their Careers: The Grammatical Errors At Back Of A Story Book by Freeman59: 6:29pm On Mar 21, 2018
And you think there was an editor?? she killed it, the writer
Aonkuuse:
Re: Three Friends And Their Careers: The Grammatical Errors At Back Of A Story Book by Prince4mic: 6:29pm On Mar 21, 2018
Paradigm777:
Hope the "AUTOR" is not wat I'm thinking?
it's a free world bro.. think wahever
Re: Three Friends And Their Careers: The Grammatical Errors At Back Of A Story Book by Freeman59: 6:30pm On Mar 21, 2018
this guy you de find trouble oo grin grin grin
Follygunners:
"Anambra University" so? Na dem dem go dey boast say dem sabi pass SW.. grin grin

Just Imagine...
Re: Three Friends And Their Careers: The Grammatical Errors At Back Of A Story Book by ositadima1(m): 6:30pm On Mar 21, 2018
Follygunners:

You go school? How correct school go dey ur jungle? grin grin

Jungle , my secondary school was founded in 1925, since then it produced several well educated and influential alumni. I am sure you had no secondary schools in your village at the time. grin

1 Like

Re: Three Friends And Their Careers: The Grammatical Errors At Back Of A Story Book by newoffer: 6:42pm On Mar 21, 2018
This is what you get when Pride it's in your Gene.
Re: Three Friends And Their Careers: The Grammatical Errors At Back Of A Story Book by GentlemanAyo(m): 6:46pm On Mar 21, 2018
ositadima1:

Says the chief idiot of the whole East.... Maybe a few persons have shown themselves worthy, they have refused to be brainwashed, I am very sure they are not from your lineage.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

UNN Direct Entry 2013/2014 Thread Let's Meet Here / Man Sponsored These Children To School Because Their Parents Couldn’t Afford To / Queen Elizabeth Honours Kenedy Joseph Ekezie, Hauwa Ojeifo, Kenedy Joseph Ekezie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.