Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,492 members, 7,808,821 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:25 PM

Drogba Gives His Honest Opinion About Lionel Messi And Not Everyone Will Agree - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Drogba Gives His Honest Opinion About Lionel Messi And Not Everyone Will Agree (5051 Views)

Joseph Yobo Gives His Son A Birthday Shout Out On Live TV / "We Are Worried About Lionel Messi's Injury" - Barcelona President Bartomeu / Juan Cuadrado Gives His Number 7 Jersey To Ronaldo Voluntarily (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Drogba Gives His Honest Opinion About Lionel Messi And Not Everyone Will Agree by gistyinka(m): 1:08am On Mar 22, 2018
The forthcoming FIFA World Cup tournament in Russia might be the last opportunity for Barcelona talisman Lionel Messi to land any football major trophy for his country. Because by the next world cup in Qatar, he will be 35 years at that time, which will be very difficult for him to achieve that feat, while also most players around the same age have already retired from international football.

Over the years, all football loving individuals have to wish Lionel Messi to replicate his illustrious successful career he achievement with Barcelona with his home country, but can he makes our dream comes to past in Russia this year. Though, football fans around the world want him to led his country national team to success in Russia than in Qatar 2022, which might hard to believe that he will be as good then as he is now

There are still a significant number of football fans who believe that Messi needs to win a World Cup - or at least a major title with Argentina - to be considered the best footballer of all time.

Others disagree with this argument and claim Messi has already cemented his status as the greatest thanks to his extraordinary performances for both club and country over the past 12 or so years.

Messi may not have won a title with Argentina - aside from the 2008 Olympics - but he has dragged his country to a World Cup final and two Copa America finals. That’s an achievement in itself and shouldn’t be sniffed at.

Didier Drogba, however, falls into the former category.

The Chelsea legend believes that both Pele and Diego Maradona still have the edge over Messi because of their legendary achievements at international level.

Can Lionel Messi Win World Cup For Argentina in Russia? Here's Didier Drogba's Honest Opinion That Makes Messi's Fans Goes Hard On Him

"To win a World Cup would make him even more legendary. He's an extraordinary player!" Drogba was quoted as telling AFP by Sport.

"He's still not at the heights of [Diego] Maradona and Pele, but he's not far away."

Not sure everyone will agree, Didier.

Messi fans would argue that for sheer talent as well as achievements at club level, their hero has surpassed both Maradona and Pele.

But this summer will provide Messi with another opportunity to silence those who argue he needs a World Cup winners’ medal in his collection to be called a true legend of the game.

Argentina are currently the bookmakers' fifth favourites to win the World Cup behind Germany, Brazil, France and Spain. They kick off their 2018 World Cup campaign against Iceland on June 16. Also in their group are Croatia and Nigeria.

Can Lionel Messi Win World Cup For Argentina in Russia? Here's Didier Drogba's Honest Opinion That Makes Messi's Fans Goes Hard On Him

1 Share

Re: Drogba Gives His Honest Opinion About Lionel Messi And Not Everyone Will Agree by Ever8054: 1:22am On Mar 22, 2018
messi be like...my friend stop talking rubbish..if e easy to carry world cup why you no help ivory coast carry am?....,

19 Likes

Re: Drogba Gives His Honest Opinion About Lionel Messi And Not Everyone Will Agree by Paradigm777: 2:41am On Mar 22, 2018
The poster above me have said it all grin

2 Likes

Re: Drogba Gives His Honest Opinion About Lionel Messi And Not Everyone Will Agree by Nobody: 3:32am On Mar 22, 2018
Ordinary champions league,he couldn’t win it for Chelsea!!!Messi plays football for the fun of it,if you doubt that abeg ask Neymar wetin him dey face for PSG!!! Messi makes football look so easy for any of his team mates and he is cool with that!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Drogba Gives His Honest Opinion About Lionel Messi And Not Everyone Will Agree by OfficialAwol(m): 4:15am On Mar 22, 2018
RIP English.

And this one's a blogger too?

1 Like

Re: Drogba Gives His Honest Opinion About Lionel Messi And Not Everyone Will Agree by frbona: 4:18am On Mar 22, 2018
Benz4pimp:
Ordinary champions league,he couldn’t win it for Chelsea!!!Messi plays football for the fun of it,if you doubt that abeg ask Neymar wetin him dey face for PSG!!! Messi makes football look so easy for any of his team mates and he is cool with that!!!
he never won a champions league for Chelsea?

6 Likes

Re: Drogba Gives His Honest Opinion About Lionel Messi And Not Everyone Will Agree by McTIPSY(m): 4:41am On Mar 22, 2018
Benz4pimp:
are u okay or someone help u to type dis

1 Like

Re: Drogba Gives His Honest Opinion About Lionel Messi And Not Everyone Will Agree by femi4: 6:05am On Mar 22, 2018
Benz4pimp:
Indomie generation, I guess you started watching champions league from 2013

8 Likes

Re: Drogba Gives His Honest Opinion About Lionel Messi And Not Everyone Will Agree by Nobody: 6:31am On Mar 22, 2018
e no consign me....
Re: Drogba Gives His Honest Opinion About Lionel Messi And Not Everyone Will Agree by 7footre(m): 6:33am On Mar 22, 2018
If not for the useless set of strikers Argentina has, this argument would have been put to rest since. But higuin doesn't want messi's career to end in praise.
Re: Drogba Gives His Honest Opinion About Lionel Messi And Not Everyone Will Agree by jameyjaggs: 8:23am On Mar 22, 2018
Benz4pimp:
Messi makes football look so easy for any of his team mates and he is cool with that!!!
especially his national teammates abi
Re: Drogba Gives His Honest Opinion About Lionel Messi And Not Everyone Will Agree by Gozbrown(m): 8:25am On Mar 22, 2018
messi is already better than maradona and Pele combined, with or without a world cup. He is the best ever, people who say he needs a world cup to surpass dis duo know nothing about football.
Re: Drogba Gives His Honest Opinion About Lionel Messi And Not Everyone Will Agree by papi22(m): 8:32am On Mar 22, 2018
Benz4pimp:
google drogba to check fact
Re: Drogba Gives His Honest Opinion About Lionel Messi And Not Everyone Will Agree by jameyjaggs: 8:32am On Mar 22, 2018
Benz4pimp:
Ordinary champions league,he couldn’t win it for Chelsea!!!
For dis rubbish wey u talk e confam say u start to watch footbal for nairaland,,,,abeg use google ask whu comot barcelona for 2012-13 champions league semifinals,,nd whu win am dat year,whu score chelsea equaliser against bayern for d finals,also who score d last penalty for chelsea to win d champions league dat year..............OLODO na so dem go boldly dey type rubbish online,no b ur fault sha KIDS

6 Likes

Re: Drogba Gives His Honest Opinion About Lionel Messi And Not Everyone Will Agree by Nobody: 8:34am On Mar 22, 2018
jameyjaggs:
For dis rubbish wey u talk e confam say u start to watch footbal for nairaland,,,,abeg use google ask whu comot barcelona for 2012-13 champions league semifinals,,nd whu win am dat year,whu score chelsea equaliser against bayern for d finals,also who score d last penalty for chelsea to win d champions league dat year..............OLODO na so dem go boldly dey type rubbish online,no b ur fault sha KIDS
chai!!!e pain am die!!!wondering y Chelsea fans are always arrogant,rude and silly
Re: Drogba Gives His Honest Opinion About Lionel Messi And Not Everyone Will Agree by jameyjaggs: 8:35am On Mar 22, 2018
Gozbrown:
messi is already better than maradona and Pele combined, with or without a world cup. He is the best ever, people who say he needs a world cup to surpass dis duo know nothing about football.
knower wetin u score for ur jamb wen u write........OLODO FEELING FUNKY
Re: Drogba Gives His Honest Opinion About Lionel Messi And Not Everyone Will Agree by jameyjaggs: 8:40am On Mar 22, 2018
Benz4pimp:
chai!!!e pain am die!!!wondering y Chelsea fans are always arrogant,rude and silly
abeg u don google am?na pple like u dey go about boldly talkin rubbish no b ur fault sha if talk say d least amount of subscription na 1500 i n sure say u for dey here##NBEKE WANTS TO TREND......
Re: Drogba Gives His Honest Opinion About Lionel Messi And Not Everyone Will Agree by Gozbrown(m): 8:42am On Mar 22, 2018
jameyjaggs:
knower wetin u score for ur jamb wen u write........OLODO FEELING FUNKY
guy chill, scored high enough to study pharmacy in a federal university
Re: Drogba Gives His Honest Opinion About Lionel Messi And Not Everyone Will Agree by jameyjaggs: 8:44am On Mar 22, 2018
Benz4pimp:
by d way i jst do 1 calculation n it shws ur five years old,,sory no vex na me go quote u##NBEKE WANTS TO SMART
Re: Drogba Gives His Honest Opinion About Lionel Messi And Not Everyone Will Agree by jameyjaggs: 8:49am On Mar 22, 2018
Gozbrown:

guy chill, scored high enough to study pharmacy in a federal university
Sorry lol d kids stiil in skool! Our lastborn jst wrote jamb dats y i thought datz wats trending among u kids...al d same i wish u success in ur exams.....
Re: Drogba Gives His Honest Opinion About Lionel Messi And Not Everyone Will Agree by Gozbrown(m): 8:55am On Mar 22, 2018
jameyjaggs:
Sorry lol d kids stiil in skool! Our lastborn jst wrote jamb dats y i thought datz wats trending among u kids...al d same i wish u success in ur exams.....
nysc loading, maybe am young buh am no kid. U lack common sense
Re: Drogba Gives His Honest Opinion About Lionel Messi And Not Everyone Will Agree by Nobody: 9:05am On Mar 22, 2018
jameyjaggs:
abeg u don google am?na pple like u dey go about boldly talkin rubbish no b ur fault sha if talk say d least amount of subscription na 1500 i n sure say u for dey here##NBEKE WANTS TO TREND......
i don’t understand the trash you typed!!!wake your father and tell him that...sorry,that’s if you have a responsible one
Re: Drogba Gives His Honest Opinion About Lionel Messi And Not Everyone Will Agree by Nobody: 9:06am On Mar 22, 2018
jameyjaggs:
by d way i jst do 1 calculation n it shws ur five years old,,sory no vex na me go quote u##NBEKE WANTS TO SMART
Yes I am 5!!!crawl back into your hole
Re: Drogba Gives His Honest Opinion About Lionel Messi And Not Everyone Will Agree by jameyjaggs: 9:07am On Mar 22, 2018
Gozbrown:

nysc loading, maybe am young buh am no kid. U lack common sense
can u sit wit pple am sittin wit? Answers NO it'll take u 4 to 6 years wit connection!!!!!......dats y i calld u a KID...it looks ur'e bcomin sad @nysc loading,maybe am young buh am no kid.,NEVER MEANT TO HURT UR FEELINGS BRO
Re: Drogba Gives His Honest Opinion About Lionel Messi And Not Everyone Will Agree by jameyjaggs: 9:10am On Mar 22, 2018
Benz4pimp:
Yes I am 5!!!crawl back into your hole
OK......bt dnt say wat u dnt knw nxt time huhi knw ur'e crying in d heart rite now.
Re: Drogba Gives His Honest Opinion About Lionel Messi And Not Everyone Will Agree by Nobody: 9:13am On Mar 22, 2018
jameyjaggs:
OK......bt dnt say wat u dnt knw nxt time huhi knw ur'e crying in d heart rite now.
did u say cry?on a faceless forum?i feel your pain
Re: Drogba Gives His Honest Opinion About Lionel Messi And Not Everyone Will Agree by jameyjaggs: 9:14am On Mar 22, 2018
Benz4pimp:
i don’t understand the trash you typed!!!wake your father and tell him that...sorry,that’s if you have a responsible one
Benz4pimp sounds like one of dose names a guy who does not knw how to talk to a girl givs himself to avoid being calld a NERD!!!!
Re: Drogba Gives His Honest Opinion About Lionel Messi And Not Everyone Will Agree by jameyjaggs: 9:16am On Mar 22, 2018
Benz4pimp:
did u say cry?on a faceless forum?i feel your pain
ur'e hearts bleedin KIDDO
Re: Drogba Gives His Honest Opinion About Lionel Messi And Not Everyone Will Agree by Nobody: 9:17am On Mar 22, 2018
jameyjaggs:
Benz4pimp sounds like one of dose names a guy who does not knw how to talk to a girl givs himself to avoid being calld a NERD!!!!
i am not bothered about that,neither will I play in the mud with you....
Re: Drogba Gives His Honest Opinion About Lionel Messi And Not Everyone Will Agree by Nobody: 9:18am On Mar 22, 2018
jameyjaggs:
ur'e hearts bleedin KIDDO
accept my condolence grand pa
Re: Drogba Gives His Honest Opinion About Lionel Messi And Not Everyone Will Agree by jameyjaggs: 9:21am On Mar 22, 2018
Benz4pimp:
accept my condolence grand pa
thanks
Re: Drogba Gives His Honest Opinion About Lionel Messi And Not Everyone Will Agree by Gozbrown(m): 9:22am On Mar 22, 2018
jameyjaggs:
can u sit wit pple am sittin wit? Answers NO it'll take u 4 to 6 years wit connection!!!!!......dats y i calld u a KID...it looks ur'e bcomin sad @nysc loading,maybe am young buh am no kid.,NEVER MEANT TO HURT UR FEELINGS BRO
u are a nobody, u re nothing. hurt my feelings ke? old man continue quoting me. jobless

(1) (2) (Reply)

Asisat Oshoala Scores A Brace As Barcelona Beats Villareal 6 - 0 / Which Is The Most Memorable Comeback In Nigerian Football? / Funds Approved For Nigeria’s Contingent To Ethiopia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.