Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,964 members, 7,806,791 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:18 AM

Godwin Elewana Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing Daughter’s Boyfriend - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Godwin Elewana Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing Daughter’s Boyfriend (40647 Views)

Woman Rapes Her Daughter’s Boyfriend 300 Times(photos) / Family Accuses FCT SARS Of Raping, Killing Daughter, Petitions IG (photo) / Godwin Elewana To Die By Hanging For Killing Daughter’s Lover — Appeal Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Godwin Elewana Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing Daughter’s Boyfriend by Nobody: 6:35am On Mar 22, 2018
The Former Staff of NNPC "Godwin Elewana", who shot and killed a 22-year-old identified as "Douglas Ojugbo" whom he suspected was having an affair with his daughter, Mercy, on March 10, 2015, has been sentenced to death by hanging.

The judgement was passed, yesterday,21st March, 2018 in the federal High Court 8 located at Moore road, Calabar, Cross Rivers. Elewana was accused of killing Douglas on March 10, 2015.

After killing him, Elewana contacted the Federal Housing Police Station in Calabar who in turn brought in Health officials from Calabar Urban Development Authority (CUDA) and buried the remains of Douglas, who was preparing to write his 2015 JAMB-UTME examination, in a shallow grave on the orders of the Divisional Police Officer (DPO) in the area without identifying him.

The DPO claimed that the killer informed the FH police that Douglas was an armed robber who came to rob him in his house.

Justice Ukpa Ebitam listed the several confessional statements, hospital reports and other exhibits presented in the course of trial as reasons the accused was convicted.

The mother of the victim, Mrs. Maria Ojugbo, said, “I thank God for doing what should be done. It is stated in the Bible that anyone who kills by the sword, will die by the sword.

Elewana had no reason whatsoever to kill my son in such a manner and conceal the act by burying him. It was Almighty God that gave approval for this judgement.”

Source:
http://www.nairaplus.com/2018/03/ex-nnpc-staff-godwin-elewana-sentenced.html

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Godwin Elewana Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing Daughter’s Boyfriend by Homeboiy: 6:39am On Mar 22, 2018
chineke
kill daughters boyfriend

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Godwin Elewana Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing Daughter’s Boyfriend by EvilChild: 6:40am On Mar 22, 2018
Wadafork?
So protecting your daughter is now a sin?
The man did nothing wrong by killing that mofo drilling the little girl's kitty.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Godwin Elewana Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing Daughter’s Boyfriend by GOFRONT(m): 6:44am On Mar 22, 2018
And last last, someone else must chop that kitty katty

101 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Godwin Elewana Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing Daughter’s Boyfriend by madridguy(m): 6:44am On Mar 22, 2018
Reason you should always avoid away match as a guy.

RIP young dude

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Godwin Elewana Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing Daughter’s Boyfriend by Oblongata: 6:50am On Mar 22, 2018
and this same man would have jumped fence to meet another person's daughter during his youth

he would've written many love letters

he would have smooched others daughters

now he no wan gree for him own

just a minute madness finishes his career

who go get liver toast him daughter now?

95 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Godwin Elewana Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing Daughter’s Boyfriend by Skinnienigga(m): 7:02am On Mar 22, 2018
Oblongata:
and this same man would have jumped fence to meet another person's daughter during his youth

Lmao.

The man just doomed his daughter to a life of singledom.

Just imagine say I tell my mama say na that girl I wan date grin grin na deliverance she go carry me for.

72 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Godwin Elewana Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing Daughter’s Boyfriend by bomasek(m): 7:03am On Mar 22, 2018
So happy the man gonna be hanged,judiciary una try

15 Likes

Re: Godwin Elewana Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing Daughter’s Boyfriend by DWJOBScom(m): 7:03am On Mar 22, 2018
Since he had such influence with the police he would have gotten someone from the force warn the dude or even get a retraining order from the court.

So sad what some kids make their fathers go thru

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Godwin Elewana Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing Daughter’s Boyfriend by onomeabuja: 7:10am On Mar 22, 2018
Oblongata:

ALL THIS SO CALLED NNPC STAFFS, ARE KNOWN WITH IMMORALITIES. GO & SEE THE KIND OF LIVES THEY LIVE IN, FLIRTING WIT GIRLS OLD ENOUGH TO B THIER DAUGHTER & GRAND DAUGHTERS, GOING OUT WIT MARRIED WOMEN WHO ARE STILL IN THIER HUSBAND HOUSE ALL because OF THE ILL MONEY THEY RECIEVE AS NNPC STAFFS.
SO D MAN CAN NOT TELL D WORLD THAT HE IS A SAINT,HOW CAN U JUST WASTE SOMEONE's LIFE JUST because U ARE RICH OR JUST because U DNT LIKE HIS FACE, SO LET HIM DEAL WITH D DEATH SENTENCE & I WISH HIM SAFE JOURNEY TO HIS ANCESTOR!

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Godwin Elewana Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing Daughter’s Boyfriend by Nutase: 7:32am On Mar 22, 2018
Sorry Sir. You lost your life defending nothing.

10 Likes

Re: Godwin Elewana Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing Daughter’s Boyfriend by AdolfHitlerxXx: 7:59am On Mar 22, 2018
Preparing to do JAMB at ripe age of 22 ...yet he was banging the gal probably in her dad's house.

Real life isn't like a romantic Indian film. We playboys have all tried reckless stunts like this before.

I am happy Ifeoma's dad only shouted "Odi egwu" before I jumped out of the 2nd Floor window angry

11 Likes

Re: Godwin Elewana Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing Daughter’s Boyfriend by Nobody: 7:59am On Mar 22, 2018
If you had instilled good manners into your daughter, you could have trusted her judgement. Guilt conscience maybe you were a womanizer at a young age

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Godwin Elewana Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing Daughter’s Boyfriend by Nobody: 8:02am On Mar 22, 2018
There are some responsible people among them, I know a couple. Money doesn't change you, it exposes your true nature
onomeabuja:

ALL THIS SO CALLED NNPC STAFFS, ARE KNOWN WITH IMMORALITIES. GO & SEE THE KIND OF LIVES THEY LIVE IN, FLIRTING WIT GIRLS OLD ENOUGH TO B THIER DAUGHTER & GRAND DAUGHTERS, GOING OUT WIT MARRIED WOMEN WHO ARE STILL IN THIER HUSBAND HOUSE ALL because OF THE ILL MONEY THEY RECIEVE AS NNPC STAFFS.
SO D MAN CAN NOT TELL D WORLD THAT HE IS A SAINT,HOW CAN U JUST WASTE SOMEONE's LIFE JUST because U ARE RICH OR JUST because U DNT LIKE HIS FACE, SO LET HIM DEAL WITH D DEATH SENTENCE & I WISH HIM SAFE JOURNEY TO HIS ANCESTOR!

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Godwin Elewana Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing Daughter’s Boyfriend by Oblongata: 9:21am On Mar 22, 2018
Skinnienigga:

Lmao.

The man just doomed his daughter to a life of singledom.

Just imagine say I tell my mama say na that girl I wan date grin grin na deliverance she go carry me for.
deliverance ke?

or factory default slaps grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Godwin Elewana Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing Daughter’s Boyfriend by Ahmed0336(m): 10:08am On Mar 22, 2018
Now him own Don finish, what he was trying to avoid now becomes inevitable. Boys ll kpansh his daughter whether he likes it or not. Don't take hasty decision when angry now look what his actions has led him into

4 Likes

Re: Godwin Elewana Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing Daughter’s Boyfriend by bettercreature(m): 10:08am On Mar 22, 2018
madridguy:

RIP young dude
Away match is classless.Never liked it.
Re: Godwin Elewana Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing Daughter’s Boyfriend by dammiedot(m): 10:08am On Mar 22, 2018
EvilChild:
Wadafork?
The man did nothing wrong by killing that mofo drilling the little girl's kitty.

you call that protecting his daughter?!!....SMH

4 Likes

Re: Godwin Elewana Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing Daughter’s Boyfriend by Nobody: 10:09am On Mar 22, 2018
Girls, listen to your parents but you won't listen. I hope she is now happy that she is also going to loose her father. The last time a girl tried to insult her mother because of me, she was beyond shock from the kind of chastisement she got from be. When your father or mother says, "I don't want to see you near that boy again", please just obey to avoid stories that touch. A sweet dicck does mean your brain should stop working.

4 Likes

Re: Godwin Elewana Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing Daughter’s Boyfriend by OhiOfIhima: 10:09am On Mar 22, 2018
EvilChild:
Wadafork?
Are u sure u didn't forget ur brain somewhere Mr Man.

3 Likes

Re: Godwin Elewana Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing Daughter’s Boyfriend by Nobody: 10:10am On Mar 22, 2018
Killing the young man because of some damn pussy.Now,which young man in his right senses will want to date that girl after hearing this story.
Re: Godwin Elewana Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing Daughter’s Boyfriend by Preekgiver: 10:11am On Mar 22, 2018
Infinix hot 4 on auction, bidders r u ready?
Re: Godwin Elewana Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing Daughter’s Boyfriend by Xisnin(m): 10:12am On Mar 22, 2018
The judgement will be overturned, it make no sense that a father will kill his daughter's boyfriend.
Re: Godwin Elewana Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing Daughter’s Boyfriend by Somebodydaddy01: 10:12am On Mar 22, 2018
EvilChild:
Wadafork?

Wait ooo ....May the same thing happen to you idiot ...

2 Likes

Re: Godwin Elewana Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing Daughter’s Boyfriend by Harddiskng(m): 10:12am On Mar 22, 2018
madridguy:

RIP young dude

Exactly. Some boys chop excess liver to go play match for babe house; unknown territory embarassed

Akant. Boys play all deciding matches in your own stadium. Never play such matches at her place, her father fit get gun for house cry

1 Like

Re: Godwin Elewana Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing Daughter’s Boyfriend by lawalosky(m): 10:13am On Mar 22, 2018
maybe the man must have giving the guy several warning to stay clear from her, but you no how sturbborn some SS bois use to be at times.. Rip to the dead and obituary to the living dead.
Re: Godwin Elewana Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing Daughter’s Boyfriend by biggy26: 10:13am On Mar 22, 2018
Jesu! This is sad. The girl will likely have a sad life except God intervenes. Two men in her life gone cos of her. Well, d man will meet d boy on d road.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sex In Car Is Criminal, Lagos Police Counters Abayomi Shogunle / Port Harcourt Yahoo Boy Sentenced To 6 Months Imprisonment (Photo) / Phone Thief Beats RRS Operative Black And Blue (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.