Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,983 members, 7,806,869 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:30 AM

I Want To Help Atheism Grow. *wink* Wink* - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Want To Help Atheism Grow. *wink* Wink* (5687 Views)

Atheism VS Christianity, Which One Is A Result Of Indoctrination? / Atheism By Definition Is Problematic / I Think I Am Threading The Path Of Atheism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Help Atheism Grow. *wink* Wink* by sonofthunder: 10:20am On Mar 24, 2018
Butterflyleo:

It actually doesn't. It's actually in limbo grin

It has no values, no weight, no depth, nothing but just "a position" of nothingness.

I once said here that atheism is built on a negative and how can one ever imagine he can get a positive when his very beginning is a negative?

They keep rejecting everything that does not agree with their worldview until now they have rejected their own future. grin

Bunch of hopeless roamers.

spot on sir, spot on.
Re: I Want To Help Atheism Grow. *wink* Wink* by sonofthunder: 10:21am On Mar 24, 2018
dalaman:

Your religion is a position based on lies, fiction, folklore and empty promise that is why you can't not point to any advantage or benefit that it offers you over others that don't subscribe to it.

You keep accepting the lies, fictional idea and mythological construct of other men like you as if it's true or has any basis in reality when it doesn't at all.

Bunch of myth believers.
tell us the truth about atheism, why should folks leave "myths" and embrace atheism?
Re: I Want To Help Atheism Grow. *wink* Wink* by superhumanist(m): 11:26am On Mar 24, 2018
It comes as no surprise that conservative websites made fun of the cancelled atheist convention.

It shows where butterflyl1on aka butterflyleo gets his mom's formation from.

From simple research, there were numerous reasons why the atheist convention failed. As usual, the op failed to give any of the real reasons....

1. Novelty has worn off- atheist conventions are no more new and exciting.

2. Local conventions have arisen and now suffice for many atheists....so why pay expensive tickets to Australia?

3. Not everyone likes Dawkings who is one of the chief speakers at the event.
Re: I Want To Help Atheism Grow. *wink* Wink* by sonofthunder: 11:49am On Mar 24, 2018
superhumanist:
It comes as no surprise that conservative websites made fun of the cancelled atheist convention.

From simple research, there were numerous reasons why the atheist convention failed. As usual, the op failed to give any of the real reasons....

2. Local conventions have arisen and now suffice for many atheists....so why pay expensive tickets to Australia?

you are derailing sir, pls try and get in line with the op.
modified ***

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Help Atheism Grow. *wink* Wink* by Butterflyleo: 11:53am On Mar 24, 2018
superhumanist:

LMAO those are your own cooked up reasons. I guess these reasons were not there when they successfully held the first 2 conventions. grin

You forget that this is the third one cheesy

You never think at all.
Re: I Want To Help Atheism Grow. *wink* Wink* by superhumanist(m): 12:01pm On Mar 24, 2018
Butterflyleo:

LMAO those are your own cooked up reasons. I guess these reasons were not there when they successfully held the first 2 conventions. grin

You forget that this is the third one cheesy

You never think at all.

1. If you hold 2 massive global conventions that leads to many local conventions, how would the third global conventions have any novelty? Are you thinking at all?

2. Dawkings was great until his misfirings against feminists and muslims
Re: I Want To Help Atheism Grow. *wink* Wink* by superhumanist(m): 12:02pm On Mar 24, 2018
sonofthunder:

you are detailing sir, pls try and get in line with the op.

Detailing or derailing?
Re: I Want To Help Atheism Grow. *wink* Wink* by winner01(m): 12:09pm On Mar 24, 2018
Kinggnicole:
I wonder how the world would have been if humans had decided to wait for heaven and do nothing to improve our planet (they call it hope of eternal life)

How many lives would have been lost if we had waited for God to heal our diseases and done nothing? (hope of divine healing)

Bad things happen and good things happen. This is reality. False hope doesn't change that.

The hope religion offers is to a large extent false(except in very rare cases, the placebo effect).

Religion has a very large extent of its hope in the afterlife. The afterlife has not been proven to either exist or not exist. The truth remains that we don't know. What we know is the life we have NOW.

It's amazing how much humanity has achieved as a race and how much more we can achieve if only we can act! This is the real HOPE. That we are capable, we are able to make the world a better place, to solve problems, to discover and achieve our full potentials if we ACT!!!

This Hope, the real hope may not be as "fairytale -like" as the false hope religion offers but it's worth it .
THIS IS THE HOPE THAT MAKES US ACT.
THE REAL HOPE GETS THINGS DONE.

Do you have any evidence on where religious people are mandated to wait for heaven rather than develop planet earth undecided

Don't just say trash because its been parrotted by other atheists. Be a freethinker, think independently of what you've heard or read.
Also be thankful to theists for the comfort and scientific development you're experiencing today, for theists contributed immensely to it.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4179591_122380678045071929909642053318260822685879o_jpeg2421cc132ba5cdce803e6d869ff9c459

Check out one of my threads with valid evidence:

https://www.nairaland.com/2975009/christianity-reason-science

Then read your quote all over again.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3920968_119547188992702668083418614968478431285065n_jpeg230c5a16e26a432657700e09a942751c
Re: I Want To Help Atheism Grow. *wink* Wink* by winner01(m): 12:17pm On Mar 24, 2018
sonofthunder:

tell us the truth about atheism, why should folks leave "myths" and embrace atheism?
This is a direct and seriously potent question targeted at dalamans whole being.

He has 2 options, he will either ignore it totally or dance around it to wave it off and then launch a counter attack on Christianity.

Dalaman, dalaman grin
Re: I Want To Help Atheism Grow. *wink* Wink* by winner01(m): 12:18pm On Mar 24, 2018
superhumanist:

These are your opinions and and are a very terrible attempt to wave off the hopelessness of atheism.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Help Atheism Grow. *wink* Wink* by winner01(m): 12:22pm On Mar 24, 2018
superhumanist:

1. If you hold 2 massive global conventions that leads to many local conventions, how would the third global conventions have any novelty? Are you thinking at all?

1. What stupid massive global conventions. The first 2 conventions were poorly attended. Give me examples of local atheists conventions.

2. Darwin was great in the circle of atheists that unfortunately constitute less than 4% of the total world population. If he actually contributed meaningfully to humanity like several religious scientists did, then he could be qualified using the adjective "great".

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Help Atheism Grow. *wink* Wink* by sonofthunder: 12:26pm On Mar 24, 2018
superhumanist:

Detailing or derailing?
such apt attention to details, it means you get my point... derailing sir.
Re: I Want To Help Atheism Grow. *wink* Wink* by sonofthunder: 12:33pm On Mar 24, 2018
winner01:
This is a direct and seriously potent question targeted at dalamans whole being.

He has 2 options, he will either ignore it totally or dance around it to wave it off and then launch a counter attack on Christianity.

Dalaman, dalaman grin
I'm sure he will run away from the question without looking back. but then what do I know? let's allow him prove himself for whom/what he is.
Re: I Want To Help Atheism Grow. *wink* Wink* by Butterflyleo: 12:39pm On Mar 24, 2018
superhumanist:

Two "massive" what? grin cheesy

You must be having an illusion.

So someone told you that other many local conventions came from this "massive" convention ba? Your headquarters must be growing and opening branches now grin

Ogbeni stop messing yourself up. Atheism is hopeless and after just 2 conventions the once vigorous members have lost interest.

Deal with it cheesy
Re: I Want To Help Atheism Grow. *wink* Wink* by GoodMuyis(m): 3:15pm On Mar 24, 2018
dalaman:

So lies and false hope means well for humanity abi? It's not suprising, since its coming from a person that dwells on lies daily.

Am interested in knowing the Non-false hope.

I want to see am with my eyes

Re: I Want To Help Atheism Grow. *wink* Wink* by GoodMuyis(m): 3:31pm On Mar 24, 2018
butterflylion:

But there is a global atheist community isn't there? grin

SMH the way you guys are stabbing yourselves with your own hands is amazing to say the least cheesy

The poster is either lying or ignorant. There is atheist community in Nigeria which after registration came to Jubilate on nairaland with the 20k CAC certificate. Even the nairaland one has whatsapp group.

The only truth he states was that atheist has nothing to discuss when they come together other than how to gangup to fight religion in secular life such suing people or organization for religion activities
Re: I Want To Help Atheism Grow. *wink* Wink* by Kinggnicole(f): 4:18pm On Mar 24, 2018
winner01:
Do you have any evidence on where religious people are mandated to wait for heaven rather than develop planet earth undecided

Don't just say trash because its been parrotted by other atheists. Be a freethinker, think independently of what you've heard or read.
Also be thankful to theists for the comfort and scientific development you're experiencing today, for theists contributed immensely to it.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4179591_122380678045071929909642053318260822685879o_jpeg2421cc132ba5cdce803e6d869ff9c459

Check out one of my threads with valid evidence:

https://www.nairaland.com/2975009/christianity-reason-science

Then read your quote all over again.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3920968_119547188992702668083418614968478431285065n_jpeg230c5a16e26a432657700e09a942751c

The point remains that they(theists and non-theists) acted and false hope had no effect.

I'll address this now, I don't say trash OK
It's my opinion and you are entitled to yours.
Mention me all you want but I know I won't indulge you or any of your likes(its mentally draining).
Re: I Want To Help Atheism Grow. *wink* Wink* by GoodMuyis(m): 4:25pm On Mar 24, 2018
Kinggnicole:

The point remains that they(theists and non-theists) acted and false hope had no effect.

Mention me all you want but I know I won't indulge you or any of your likes(its mentally draining).

Its ok, you may get soft-landing, if you can tell i pray; what atheism has to offer
OR

Tell us the NON-FALSE HOPE, or we can continue with the hopelessness of atheism.

--
HopefulLandlord can you give us any hope here?
Re: I Want To Help Atheism Grow. *wink* Wink* by Butterflyleo: 5:28pm On Mar 24, 2018
Kinggnicole:

Mtcheew! Like you have any mental thing to even drain. undecided
Re: I Want To Help Atheism Grow. *wink* Wink* by budaatum: 6:39pm On Mar 24, 2018
wirinet:

I now understand why my good friend Billyonaire is winding down his time on nairaland, debates have becomes childish, repetitive and unproductive.

I am also extremely tired of the merry go round, no matter how much you try to educate the fundamentalist Christian that the only thing binding atheist together is a lack of belief of God or gods, it looks like you are talking to a prerecorded voice message, they keep repeating their nonsense of atheist being a platform to offer anything like hope, motivation, etc.

It seems their grouse is with atheists in general and not any other theist. it is as if converting to any theist like Muslim, Hindu, Buddhist or even okija worshiper would douse their hatred of others holding different beliefs, and show love instead.

I am also considering leaving like billyonaire, so Christians can have free reign on this section. I think I have outlive my usefulness.
The way a devil would work would be to get you involved in what concerns it so that you would not concentrate on what concerns you. It would eat up your time with things it claims to believe exists but which it does not quite know exists itself because the fact that you might not believe what it believes puts doubt in its belief in it's own existence. It would take you on a merry-go-round to absolutely nowhere because that's where it is stuck, and if it is not consuming your time and effort it becomes irrelevant. This is the reason some believe their gods created them, to serve and worship them! And in reward, it makes them think it blesses them. But this is achieved by making them think those who do not bow to their gods are not blessed, and this, despite vast amounts of evidence which they themselves, see before them. And to live in hope, they create an imaginary afterdeath of blissful existence that only they would get to go to, while they completely ignore reality.

The devil is just another god that only exists in their mind, so you might understand how simple it is to make it disappear as if in a puff of smoke. You might from that understand how they must so tenaciously hold on to the figment of their imaginations. The thought that you could dare to be free scares them! The idea that you would not tremble in fear at the mention of their gods makes them tremble in fear at your existence! "We shall not have unenslaved people like you around, least you unenslave others!" "O, shall we therefore destroy you least others become as you", and their gods and they themselves lose relevance! Who will work in their gardens then? On whom would they prey if eyes open?

O what lives of enslavement they live.

Atheism is not some religion. And we do not congregate like those who convince themselves that godpots exist between the Earth and Mars which they must bow to and worship in fear. One is an atheist because the chains of religious enslavement have been broken. Yet, we don't go about slapping ourselves on the back to reinforce our sense of freedom. Nor do we go about evangelising as they do either. For we don't need them to abandon the gods they so strongly hold on to. If their gods exist, surely we too would become aware of it. And if gods don't exist, surely, people are able to realise that for themselves.

Rest assured wirinet, we watch. Its just that many have learnt not to bring the devils into existence by allowing it to always occupy the mind with its nonsensical, ignorant, illogical, irrational, merrygoroundism which they claim is 'love' but which is borne out of hatred of the worst kind with devilish intent.

The proper response for devils is, "Get thee behind me Satan!" It means, "Disappear, Satan!" Which, even when they disguise themselves as the gods, is what they truly are, completely irrelevant, in the long run, and eventually, dead!

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Help Atheism Grow. *wink* Wink* by winner01(m): 7:53pm On Mar 24, 2018
budaatum:

The way a devil would work would be to get you involved in what concerns it so that you would not concentrate on what concerns you. It would eat up your time with things it claims to believe exists but which it does not quite know exists itself because the fact that you might not believe what it believes puts doubt in its belief in it's own existence. It would take you on a merry-go-round to absolutely nowhere because that's where it is stuck, and if it is not consuming your time and effort it becomes irrelevant. This is the reason some believe their gods created them, to serve and worship them! And in reward, it makes them think it blesses them. But this is achieved by making them think those who do not bow to their gods are not blessed, and this, despite vast amounts of evidence which they themselves, see before them. And to live in hope, they create an imaginary afterdeath of blissful existence that only they would get to go to, while they completely ignore reality.

The devil is just another god that only exists in their mind, so you might understand how simple it is to make it disappear as if in a puff of smoke. You might from that understand how they must so tenaciously hold on to the figment of their imaginations. The thought that you could dare to be free scares them! The idea that you would not tremble in fear at the mention of their gods makes them tremble in fear at your existence! "We shall not have unenslaved people like you around, least you unenslave others!" "O, shall we therefore destroy you least others become as you", and their gods and they themselves lose relevance! Who will work in their gardens then? On whom would they prey if eyes open?

O what lives of enslavement they live.

Atheism is not some religion. And we do not congregate like those who convince themselves that godpots exist between the Earth and Mars which they must bow to and worship in fear. One is an atheist because the chains of religious enslavement have been broken. Yet, we don't go about slapping ourselves on the back to reinforce our sense of freedom. Nor do we go about evangelising as they do either. For we don't need them to abandon the gods they so strongly hold on to. If their gods exist, surely we too would become aware of it. And if gods don't exist, surely, people are able to realise that for themselves.

Rest assured wirinet, we watch. Its just that many have learnt not to bring the devils into existence by allowing it to always occupy the mind with its nonsensical, ignorant, illogical, irrational, merrygoroundism which they claim is 'love' but which is borne out of hatred of the worst kind with devilish intent.

The proper response for devils is, "Get thee behind me Satan!" It means, "Disappear, Satan!" Which, even when they disguise themselves as the gods, is what they truly are, completely irrelevant, in the long run, and eventually, dead!

1 Like

Re: I Want To Help Atheism Grow. *wink* Wink* by dalaman: 11:32pm On Mar 24, 2018
winner01:

Dalaman, dalaman grin

I asked you earlier to tell me the benefit or advantge of the hope and comfort your religion offers you and you went off saying its some spiritual mumbo jumbo and you started talking about christian fiction and mythology. Now what else are you still talking about?
Re: I Want To Help Atheism Grow. *wink* Wink* by winner01(m): 12:47am On Mar 25, 2018
dalaman:

I asked you earlier to tell me the benefit or advantge of the hope and comfort your religion offers you and you went off saying its some spiritual mumbo jumbo and you started talking about christian fiction and mythology. Now what else are you still talking about?
This thread is not about religion.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Help Atheism Grow. *wink* Wink* by superhumanist(m): 5:27am On Mar 25, 2018
winner01:

1. What stupid massive global conventions. The first 2 conventions were poorly attended. Give me examples of local atheists conventions.

2. Darwin was great in the circle of atheists that unfortunately constitute less than 4% of the total world population. If he actually contributed meaningfully to humanity like several religious scientists did, then he could be qualified using the adjective "great".

Why are you lying that the fist 2 conventions were poorly attended? One event had 2500 people while the other had 4000 people.

"The same convention in 2010 included Dawkins (perhaps near the height of his post-God Delusion fame) and PZ Myers (whose Pharyngula website was head and shoulders more popular than any other atheist blog at the time). Approximately 2,500 people attended the event.

In 2012, not long after the death of Christopher Hitchens, the guests included the remaining “horsemen” (Dawkins, Daniel Dennett, and Sam Harris). They were joined onstage by Ayaan Hirsi Ali. The other presenters included philosophers Peter Singer and A.C. Grayling, physicist Lawrence Krauss, and science advocate Eugenie Scott. That event drew over 4,000 attendees"
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/2017/11/22/what-can-we-learn-from-the-cancellation-of-the-global-atheist-convention/
Re: I Want To Help Atheism Grow. *wink* Wink* by dalaman: 6:36am On Mar 25, 2018
winner01:
This thread is not about religion.

You made it about religion and failed to tell us what religion has to offer that are realistic. You only pointed out the mythical and fictional promises your religion had to offer.
Re: I Want To Help Atheism Grow. *wink* Wink* by winner01(m): 8:41am On Mar 25, 2018
superhumanist:

Why are you lying that the fist 2 conventions were poorly attended? One event had 2500 people while the other had 4000 people.

"The same convention in 2010 included Dawkins (perhaps near the height of his post-God Delusion fame) and PZ Myers (whose Pharyngula website was head and shoulders more popular than any other atheist blog at the time). Approximately 2,500 people attended the event.

In 2012, not long after the death of Christopher Hitchens, the guests included the remaining “horsemen” (Dawkins, Daniel Dennett, and Sam Harris). They were joined onstage by Ayaan Hirsi Ali. The other presenters included philosophers Peter Singer and A.C. Grayling, physicist Lawrence Krauss, and science advocate Eugenie Scott. That event drew over 4,000 attendees"
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/2017/11/22/what-can-we-learn-from-the-cancellation-of-the-global-atheist-convention/
A global atheist convention drawing less than 5000 people on both occasions was not poorly attended.

Are you normal?

1 Like

Re: I Want To Help Atheism Grow. *wink* Wink* by Butterflyleo: 9:00am On Mar 25, 2018
winner01:
A global atheist convention drawing less than 5000 people on both occasion was not poorly attended.

Are you normal?

That guy no get sense at all at all

Even local football matches draw more attendees than that and he calls a global convention with 4000 attendees as not poorly attended.

Now 4000 must look like 400,000 in his eyes grin

Re: I Want To Help Atheism Grow. *wink* Wink* by winner01(m): 9:03am On Mar 25, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Even local football matches draw more attendees than that and he calls a global convention with 4000 attendees as not poorly attended.

That guy ehn grin
Re: I Want To Help Atheism Grow. *wink* Wink* by superhumanist(m): 9:18am On Mar 25, 2018
winner01:
A global atheist convention drawing less than 5000 people on both occasions was not poorly attended.

Are you normal?

Lol....given that it was in Australia and that atheism is a niche belief, that is a huge number
Re: I Want To Help Atheism Grow. *wink* Wink* by superhumanist(m): 9:25am On Mar 25, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Let me illustrate how silly you are.

Nigeria is a country of 180 million people who are majorly football fans. I.e at least 90 million people are football fans.

Atheists make up less than 1% of Nigerians. Some even put it as low as 0.1 percent. Meaning that atheists would be a maximum of 1.8 million.

Lastly, flight tickets to Australia are far more expensive than local football matches.

So, of course football matches would have more attendance than atheist conventions
Re: I Want To Help Atheism Grow. *wink* Wink* by Butterflyleo: 10:19am On Mar 25, 2018
superhumanist:

Let me illustrate how silly you are.

Nigeria is a country of 180 million people who are majorly football fans. I.e at least 90 million people are football fans.

Atheists make up less than 1% of Nigerians. Some even put it as low as 0.1 percent. Meaning that atheists would be a maximum of 1.8 million.

Lastly, flight tickets to Australia are far more expensive than local football matches.

So, of course football matches would have more attendance than atheist conventions

Yet with this your own analogy you cannot see how it is that the attendance was poor despite you claiming otherwise. Smh common is very alien to you.
Re: I Want To Help Atheism Grow. *wink* Wink* by superhumanist(m): 11:04am On Mar 25, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Yet with this your own analogy you cannot see how it is that the attendance was poor despite you claiming otherwise. Smh common is very alien to you.

What kind of nonsense are you spewing?

Were you not the one that foolishly compared a football match attendance to an atheist convention?

One is niche and the other is a popular sport.

Guy. You have embarrassed yourself.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

12 Year Old Destroys The Trinity Argument - "Out Of The Mouth Of Babes" / The Big Lie / TB Joshua 2016 'prophecy' Dissected

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.