Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,480 members, 7,781,404 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:55 PM

Nigerian Man Shot Dead In Canada In Random Shooting - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Man Shot Dead In Canada In Random Shooting (37444 Views)

Video - Man Goes On A Random Shooting Spree Killing One Person / Man Shot In The Head By 6 Cultists While Drinking In Imo State (Graphic Photos) / Man Shot Dead In Port-Harcourt After Withdrawing Money From ATM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Man Shot Dead In Canada In Random Shooting by Nobody: 7:30pm On Mar 22, 2018
He was my pride and joy’: Mother remembers 26-year-old son who was fatally shot in Etobicoke

By Jamie Mauracher Reporter Global News March 21, 2018

Four days after Nnamdi Ogba was gunned down in what Toronto police are calling a random attack, his mother says she has cried all the tears she can and now she wants justice for her eldest son.

“They took away my heart… Who do they think they are taking an innocent life? I hope… my face haunts them for the rest of their lives,” Margaret Nwosu said on Tuesday as she spoke about the two suspects police say they are searching for in connection to Ogba’s death.

The 26-year-old moved to Canada from Nigeria over a decade ago and called Brampton home.

“When you come from another country to Canada, you come here for a better life,” said Nwosu, who herself moved to the country 15 years ago.

In building that life, Ogba went to Seneca College and became an electrical engineer after graduation. The eldest of five boys, his family said he was “well respected” at home and in the community.

“He didn’t talk much, Nnamdi was quiet, but he had heart. If you needed something, he was there,” his stepfather, Sylva Okezie, told Global News.

In his spare time, his family said Ogba could be found with his fiancée, who he planned to marry this year, or on the field playing soccer.

On Friday, he stopped by Sccarlettwood Court in Etobicoke to visit a teammate. Just after 11 p.m., Ogba was approached from behind by two men and shot in the back.

On Monday, Toronto police told reporters this was a random attack.

“Mr. Ogba did nothing to bring this on himself,” said homicide detective Jason Shankaran, after releasing surveillance video of two young men wanted in connection with the shooting.

Investigators said the men fired multiple rounds escaping in an SUV waiting for them nearby.

On Friday, he stopped by Sccarlettwood Court in Etobicoke to visit a teammate. Just after 11 p.m., Ogba was approached from behind by two men and shot in the back.

On Monday, Toronto police told reporters this was a random attack.

“Mr. Ogba did nothing to bring this on himself,” said homicide detective Jason Shankaran, after releasing surveillance video of two young men wanted in connection with the shooting.

Investigators said the men fired multiple rounds escaping in an SUV waiting for them nearby.

Meanwhile, Ogba’s family want to see the suspects come forward, on their own.

“Turn yourself in! Turn yourself in! You have to turn yourself in! How can you live with what you have done — destroying a family!” Nwosu yelled while also pleading with witnesses to come forward.

“Someone knows who these young men are.”

They said they hope his story will lead to both an arrest and a change.

“People are being shot at, being targeted, they are dying… I would think police and their resources would be focused there,” Okezie said, referring to Scarlettwood Court.

“I don’t even know how to go on, how to cope,” Nwosu added.

“Our lives will never be the same.”

Source: https://globalnews.ca/news/4096034/nnamdi-ogba-shooting-scarlettwood-court-toronto/

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Shot Dead In Canada In Random Shooting by Solidkay(m): 7:35pm On Mar 22, 2018
RIP to the dead!!!
I pray justice is served.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Shot Dead In Canada In Random Shooting by Nobody: 7:35pm On Mar 22, 2018
[img]https://1.bp..com/-Z5oSy_EmkyU/WrKBOBF5PSI/AAAAAAACZ48/kQED9ipi2qsTWJAiG3XFB9kSqnQOQUQBQCLcBGAs/s640/nigerian%2Bman%2Bkilled%2Btoronto.jpg[/img]

Nnamdi and his mom

May his soul rest in peace. May justice be served.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Shot Dead In Canada In Random Shooting by Nobody: 7:54pm On Mar 22, 2018
Re: Nigerian Man Shot Dead In Canada In Random Shooting by Nobody: 3:32am On Mar 23, 2018
Dreamwaker:
Biafrans always finding trouble and dying like mosquitoes

It was a random attack. He did nothing wrong. Read the article again

70 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Shot Dead In Canada In Random Shooting by mysticwarrior(m): 6:42am On Mar 23, 2018
he would probably still be alive if he didn't traveled to Canada, violent death can meet someone anywhere.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Shot Dead In Canada In Random Shooting by AdolfHitlerxXx: 6:46am On Mar 23, 2018
Dreamwaker:

I hope it is actually "random" and not drug-related "development"....

Brazil last week...Canada this week

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Shot Dead In Canada In Random Shooting by AdolfHitlerxXx: 6:48am On Mar 23, 2018
What was described is an obvious assassination. I beg to differ.

I can bet my 3rd testicle this is a drug transaction gone wrong

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Shot Dead In Canada In Random Shooting by Nobody: 7:02am On Mar 23, 2018
grin but I thought Nigerian is a zoo and Canada is heaven,una neva see anything keeping running frm ur country turn by turn na so dem so go carry una do shooting practice.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Shot Dead In Canada In Random Shooting by Nobody: 1:17pm On Mar 23, 2018
AdolfHitlerxXx:

I hope it is actually "random" and not drug-related "development"....

Brazil last week...Canada this week

AdolfHitlerxXx:
What was described is an obvious assassination. I beg to differ.

I can bet my 3rd testicle this is a drug transaction gone wrong
It was a random shooting. He didn't know them. Basically the shooters were looking for someone to shoot dead, something about them being angry at the particular community and wanting to retaliate by killing someone there. The police released footage of the shooting this week and held a tv news conference about it some days ago. He had just left a building where his fiance lives. From what the police said, he was not involved in any drug, no criminal history, but it did look like they trailed him and they're trying to find out why and of course, find the killers

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Shot Dead In Canada In Random Shooting by Nobody: 5:04pm On Mar 23, 2018
Lalasticlala, fp please
Re: Nigerian Man Shot Dead In Canada In Random Shooting by NotBeenPaid: 6:55pm On Mar 23, 2018
His only fault was being a Nigerian - Evil befalling home and abroad.

RIP
Re: Nigerian Man Shot Dead In Canada In Random Shooting by handsomeyinka(m): 6:55pm On Mar 23, 2018
GOD BLESS THE DEAD

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Shot Dead In Canada In Random Shooting by talk2percy(m): 6:55pm On Mar 23, 2018
Nna eh, what the fuk!!??
Re: Nigerian Man Shot Dead In Canada In Random Shooting by Tunasco4u(m): 6:56pm On Mar 23, 2018
Chai embarassed

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Shot Dead In Canada In Random Shooting by Indestructible: 6:57pm On Mar 23, 2018
Dreamwaker:
sharp fool

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Shot Dead In Canada In Random Shooting by Proudlyngwa(m): 6:58pm On Mar 23, 2018
Shoo
The craze Don reach Canada?

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Shot Dead In Canada In Random Shooting by enuelsmith: 6:58pm On Mar 23, 2018
mysticwarrior:
he would probably still be alive if he didn't traveled to Canada, violent death can meet someone anywhere.
And it's possible he shld have died in Nigeria long ago

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Shot Dead In Canada In Random Shooting by BruncleZuma: 6:58pm On Mar 23, 2018
Alili

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Shot Dead In Canada In Random Shooting by Dollabiz: 7:00pm On Mar 23, 2018
Sad

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Shot Dead In Canada In Random Shooting by calddon(m): 7:01pm On Mar 23, 2018
Such a young vibrant looking man

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Shot Dead In Canada In Random Shooting by Willie2015: 7:02pm On Mar 23, 2018
Incline:

It was a random shooting. He didn't know them. Basically the shooters were looking for someone to shoot dead, something about them being angry at the particular community and wanting to retaliate by killing someone there. The police released footage of the shooting this week and held a tv news conference about it some days ago. He had just left a building where his fiance lives. From what the police said, he was not involved in any drug, no criminal history, but it did look like they trailed him and they're trying to find out why and of course, find the killers

Walking in the wrong place at the wrong time.

One of my daily prayer point is to always be in the right place at the right time. Life sometimes ain't fair.

10 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Shot Dead In Canada In Random Shooting by eTECTIVe(m): 7:03pm On Mar 23, 2018
flokii:
Na biafran, not bothered..

They die anyhow and noone cares to ask questions. Even Fulani cows can't die anyhow the way they do.
Asowari:
grin but I thought Nigerian is a zoo and Canada is heaven,una neva see anything keeping running frm ur country turn by turn na so dem so go carry una do shooting practice.
mysticwarrior:
Dreamwaker:

These Ppl have one thing in common... They suffer from d same chronic Igbophobia and infinite level of stupid

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Shot Dead In Canada In Random Shooting by Gangster1ms: 7:04pm On Mar 23, 2018
flokii:
Na biafran, not bothered.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Shot Dead In Canada In Random Shooting by Nobody: 7:05pm On Mar 23, 2018
Dreamwaker:

Bros, this one that you're doing, is it good?

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Shot Dead In Canada In Random Shooting by DBlackCeazer(m): 7:07pm On Mar 23, 2018
26yo?,anyways, Rip.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Shot Dead In Canada In Random Shooting by BENARI: 7:09pm On Mar 23, 2018
Dreamwaker:

"YOU" will die like Mosquito too. Your hate is a hate taken too far.

A mother lost a son and after reading her painful story, the only thing your heart could conceive is this nonsense?
I feel for you!
You've lost your mind.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Shot Dead In Canada In Random Shooting by bewla(m): 7:10pm On Mar 23, 2018
Incline:
[img]https://1.bp..com/-Z5oSy_EmkyU/WrKBOBF5PSI/AAAAAAACZ48/kQED9ipi2qsTWJAiG3XFB9kSqnQOQUQBQCLcBGAs/s640/nigerian%2Bman%2Bkilled%2Btoronto.jpg[/img]

Nnamdi and his mom

May his soul rest in peace. May justice be served.
Never till he got justice

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Top 5 Notable Nigerian Women Whose Corruption Scandals Went Viral [PHOTOS] / Young Man In Suit Finally Caught After Stealing Phones Many Times (Pix/Video) / Four Men Charged Over Theft Of £4.8m Gold Toilet From Blenheim Palace (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.