Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,035 members, 7,799,515 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:23 PM

Redirect Domain To Existing Website. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Redirect Domain To Existing Website. (1277 Views)

I Need A Verified Nigerian Adsense Plus Domain To Buy / I Need A Verified Nigerian Adsense Plus Domain To Buy / How To Change Your Blogger Blog Sub Domain To Custom Domain On Freenom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Redirect Domain To Existing Website. by Ayemileto(m): 9:36am On Mar 23, 2018
Hi webmasters.

As a means to promote my business and probably reduce competition, I'm thinking of redirecting another domain to my existing website.

The domain was the one I planned to use initially, but was already claimed when I'm launching my site which makes me choose an alternative, which doesn't really justify the site.

I recently discovered the domain has expired and now open to new registrants and I want to claim it.

Is there any online tool, website or host that can automatically redirect the new domain to an existing domain without me needing to purchase a new hosting plan as I still have about 10 months for the current hosting and domain, plus many people already know about the current domain?

If there's any online service that I can use for this, kindly let me know

Thanks.
Re: Redirect Domain To Existing Website. by dogstyle007(m): 11:15am On Mar 23, 2018
First, which hosting provider are you using? some host allow you to add more than one domain to your current hosting plan. So check if your hosting allows that. You can contact your hosting provider and ask them if you don't know. If they allow more than one domain, then all you need to do is purchase the new domain and add it as an addon domain to your current hosting account. After adding it, you can now use the redirect tool in the Cpanel to redirect the new domain to your current domain.
Re: Redirect Domain To Existing Website. by Dmayor7(m): 7:31am On Mar 24, 2018
Ayemileto:
Hi webmasters.

As a means to promote my business and probably reduce competition, I'm thinking of redirecting another domain to my existing website.

The domain was the one I planned to use initially, but was already claimed when I'm launching my site which makes me choose an alternative, which doesn't really justify the site.

I recently discovered the domain has expired and now open to new registrants and I want to claim it.

Is there any online tool, website or host that can automatically redirect the new domain to an existing domain without me needing to purchase a new hosting plan as I still have about 10 months for the current hosting and domain, plus many people already know about the current domain?

Thanks.

The only thing you need to do it to purchase the domain name then redirect it to your main domain name

Most importantly, your hosting provider would have a tutorial for it

Check this article for an elaborate explanation of DREAMHOSTS hosting

https://help.dreamhost.com/hc/en-us/articles/215455377-How-do-I-redirect-my-domain-

I hope this helps?
Re: Redirect Domain To Existing Website. by hostkobo(m): 9:51am On Mar 24, 2018
Ayemileto:
Hi webmasters.

Thanks.

Hi there,

You dont need any tool to redirect a domain to another. All tools should be available on your domain registrar - wherever you registered the domain(that you want to redirect).

if you need some help, msg me on whatsapp, details below. I can help you out in a jiffy if u dont know what to do

regards
HK
Re: Redirect Domain To Existing Website. by Ayemileto(m): 12:02pm On Mar 24, 2018
Thanks guys. It done.

Thanks a lot.

1 Like

Re: Redirect Domain To Existing Website. by Dmayor7(m): 7:32pm On Mar 24, 2018
Ayemileto:
Thanks guys. It done.

Thanks a lot.

You're welcome...

(1) (Reply)

Buy Websites(blog) In Nigeria / How To Create Youtube Auto Video Blog With Video Download Links / Unlimited Web Hosting and free domain name (any extension) just 5k for 3 years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.