Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,880 members, 7,802,845 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:06 PM

Court Frees Justice Ngwuta Of Corruption Charges - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Frees Justice Ngwuta Of Corruption Charges (11998 Views)

PDP Reps: Mary-odili, Ngwuta Must Be Appointed To Hear Atiku’s Appeal / FG Tenders Nine Cash-Filled Boxes Recovered From Justice Ngwuta / Justice, Sylvester Ngwuta Arraigned For False Asset Declaration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Frees Justice Ngwuta Of Corruption Charges by eph12(m): 7:14pm On Mar 23, 2018
He wasn't acquitted because he wasn't guilty but because some conditions were not considered before instituting a case against him as a judicial officer

2 Likes

Re: Court Frees Justice Ngwuta Of Corruption Charges by Nobody: 7:15pm On Mar 23, 2018
BlackAfrican:

Shut up nigga... He wasn't freed because he isn't guilty. He was free because the law choose to be blind to his crime but Open same useless eyes to technicalities. Rubbish

How do you know he is guilty? Mind you this man serves the Nation's highest court. You think it's easy to be a Supreme Court Justice? My aunt stopped at Federal Highy court. FG should go and beat the bench naa. They man should sue them for billions of naira!! What rubbish. This man should he getting gratitude and not attitude. Why couldn't the FG follow due process? The law cannot be bent to favor FG so they shouldn't even try appealing this ruling. And the Judiciary should vehemently fight any imposition by the executhiefs...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Frees Justice Ngwuta Of Corruption Charges by powerkey: 7:15pm On Mar 23, 2018
hd
Re: Court Frees Justice Ngwuta Of Corruption Charges by Nobody: 7:17pm On Mar 23, 2018
bigfish3k:
na wao
I tire for the illiterates making us a laughing stock
are they not supposed to know that he ought first to be disciplined by the NJC before going ahead to tarnish his image

and now they are not winning any corruption case because of illiteracy

These FG didn't even follow due process before charging the man to court. What nonsense.. the man should sue them and he would win.. Law is law and cannot be bent to favor the FG.
Re: Court Frees Justice Ngwuta Of Corruption Charges by Iceberg3: 7:20pm On Mar 23, 2018
Blue3k:

What are u talking about?

Chattap grin
Re: Court Frees Justice Ngwuta Of Corruption Charges by dustydee: 7:20pm On Mar 23, 2018
elgramz:
After they have messed up his name in public and caused his suspension by the NJC. If I'm him, I will sue the FG for one billion naira for destroying my hard earned personality of integrity after many years of service at the bench.
He can't sue because the court did not say he did not commit the alleged offence but that due process was not followed. Sueing means he will have to prove that he did not commit the alleged offence.
Re: Court Frees Justice Ngwuta Of Corruption Charges by nextstep(m): 7:23pm On Mar 23, 2018
elgramz:
After they have messed up his name in public and caused his suspension by the NJC. If I'm him, I will sue the FG for one billion naira for destroying my hard earned personality of integrity after many years of service at the bench.

Note that he was not declared innocent, just that the FG had not followed the correct procedure:

"Justice Tsoho, whose ruling was anchored on an earlier judgment of the Court of Appeal, held that the pre-conditions for instituting charges against a judicial officer were not met before charging Justice Ngwuta."

2 Likes

Re: Court Frees Justice Ngwuta Of Corruption Charges by Blue3k(m): 7:24pm On Mar 23, 2018
Iceberg3:

Chattap grin

Lol or what half wit? Anyway indulge some else with yiur idiotic ramblings.
Re: Court Frees Justice Ngwuta Of Corruption Charges by naija2dabone(m): 7:39pm On Mar 23, 2018
omowolewa:
Congrats, I promise Nigerians (on your behalf) that you won't do it again

Where is you brain
Re: Court Frees Justice Ngwuta Of Corruption Charges by Shroud: 7:40pm On Mar 23, 2018
comos:
The Federal High Court on Friday dismissed all the 13 counts of money laundering and passport fraud instituted by the Federal Government against a serving Justice of the Supreme Court, Justice Sylvester Ngwuta.

Justice Ngwuta was among the judicial officers whose houses were raided by the operatives of the Department of State Services in October 2016.
He was subsequently charged with various corruption offences by the Office of the Attorney-General of the Federation.

Ruling on an application by him on Friday, the trial judge, Justice John Tsoho, dismissed the charges on the grounds.

Justice Tsoho, whose ruling was anchored on an earlier judgment of the Court of Appeal, held that the pre-conditions for instituting charges against a judicial officer were not met before charging Justice Ngwuta.

http://punchng.com/breaking-court-sets-supreme-court-justice-ngwuta-free-of-corruption-charges/amp/

When an illiterate herdsman thinks the law is run like a cattle breeding ground without due process.

How long will Buhari keep offending the sensibilities of educated Nigerians?
Re: Court Frees Justice Ngwuta Of Corruption Charges by progress69: 7:45pm On Mar 23, 2018
elgramz:

Did u read the body or just the headlines?

That is why most of u posts some d**** comments!

2 Likes

Re: Court Frees Justice Ngwuta Of Corruption Charges by Iceberg3: 7:47pm On Mar 23, 2018
Blue3k:

Lol or what half wit? Anyway indulge some else with yiur idiotic ramblings.

grin

Re: Court Frees Justice Ngwuta Of Corruption Charges by tete7000(m): 8:05pm On Mar 23, 2018
Magu and his men want to rid corruption with corruption. They raid men houses in the day under the guise of anti corruption drive, then return in the night to rob after they have taken inventory of what people have. Bunch of rogues.
Re: Court Frees Justice Ngwuta Of Corruption Charges by tafabaloo(m): 8:11pm On Mar 23, 2018
elgramz:

Good!
Nonetheless, his Lordship was not freed because he was innocent of the charges preferred against him but procedures for disciplining judicial officers was not properly followed.

He is not yet off the hook!

1 Like

Re: Court Frees Justice Ngwuta Of Corruption Charges by Puddyrk: 8:15pm On Mar 23, 2018
E no go beta 4 FG
Re: Court Frees Justice Ngwuta Of Corruption Charges by PaChukwudi44(m): 8:15pm On Mar 23, 2018
dustydee:

He can't sue because the court did not say he did not commit the alleged offence but that due process was not followed. Sueing means he will have to prove that he did not commit the alleged offence.
bros he can sue. Once he is cleared by the NJC, the EFCC is in hot soup
Re: Court Frees Justice Ngwuta Of Corruption Charges by PaChukwudi44(m): 8:16pm On Mar 23, 2018
tafabaloo:

Good!
Nonetheless, his Lordship was not freed because he was innocent of the charges preferred against him but procedures for disciplining judicial officers was not properly followed.

He is not yet off the hook!

Neither has he been found guilty. Going by the dictates of the law he is innocent until pronounced guilty. Now the fg will go back to the NJC they tried to bypass. Sorry for them
Re: Court Frees Justice Ngwuta Of Corruption Charges by bionixs: 8:20pm On Mar 23, 2018
elgramz:
Re: Court Frees Justice Ngwuta Of Corruption Charges by Spindletop: 8:24pm On Mar 23, 2018
EsotericMonk:
Buhari would come out and blame the judiciary for his failing anti-corruption fight.
So much noise on anti-corruption, yet no major case have they won in the courts.
I just dey laff in greek

Wrong. Many corruption cases had been won. If you can just belief and see.

1 Like

Re: Court Frees Justice Ngwuta Of Corruption Charges by Countersam(m): 9:34pm On Mar 23, 2018
comos:
The Federal High Court on Friday dismissed all the 13 counts of money laundering and passport fraud instituted by the Federal Government against a serving Justice of the Supreme Court, Justice Sylvester Ngwuta.

Justice Ngwuta was among the judicial officers whose houses were raided by the operatives of the Department of State Services in October 2016.
He was subsequently charged with various corruption offences by the Office of the Attorney-General of the Federation.

Ruling on an application by him on Friday, the trial judge, Justice John Tsoho, dismissed the charges on the grounds.

Justice Tsoho, whose ruling was anchored on an earlier judgment of the Court of Appeal, held that the pre-conditions for instituting charges against a judicial officer were not met before charging Justice Ngwuta.

http://punchng.com/breaking-court-sets-supreme-court-justice-ngwuta-free-of-corruption-charges/amp/

You dont mean it?
Chai see film trick that is only possible in Naija..
Re: Court Frees Justice Ngwuta Of Corruption Charges by dustydee: 9:48pm On Mar 23, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

bros he can sue. Once he is cleared by the NJC, the EFCC is in hot soup
He can sue no doubt but as a judge he knows he won' win because he has to prove that the allegations are false - which most likely is not.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Frees Justice Ngwuta Of Corruption Charges by bejeria101(m): 9:57pm On Mar 23, 2018
Jubrin and his zombies wont be happy abt this.
Re: Court Frees Justice Ngwuta Of Corruption Charges by Ezkid(m): 10:14pm On Mar 23, 2018
elgramz:
If u are a good reader, u ll notice that the court didn't declare him innocent, rather dismissed the charges because the pre condition for instituting them was not met. Which means the trial can go on when the FG is able to get the prerequisites to charge a judicial officer.

1 Like

Re: Court Frees Justice Ngwuta Of Corruption Charges by nezer83: 10:16pm On Mar 23, 2018
Spindletop:

Wrong. Many corruption cases had been won. If you can just belief and see.

Please name one high profile corruption case won by the Buhari govt.
Re: Court Frees Justice Ngwuta Of Corruption Charges by nezer83: 10:20pm On Mar 23, 2018
Ezkid:
If u are a good reader, u ll notice that the court didn't declare him innocent, rather dismissed the charges because the pre condition for instituting them was not met. Which means the trial can go on when the FG is able to get the prerequisites to charge a judicial officer.

Did the court find him guilty as charged? If No then his lordship is Innocent and case dismissed.
In Law if one is not guilty then he is innocent.
Re: Court Frees Justice Ngwuta Of Corruption Charges by PaChukwudi44(m): 10:37pm On Mar 23, 2018
Ezkid:

The trial can only go on when he is indicted and derobed by the NJC
Re: Court Frees Justice Ngwuta Of Corruption Charges by PaChukwudi44(m): 10:38pm On Mar 23, 2018
Ezkid:
He was acquitted because he is yet to be indicted by the NJC

1 Like

Re: Court Frees Justice Ngwuta Of Corruption Charges by PaChukwudi44(m): 10:39pm On Mar 23, 2018
dustydee:

He can sue no doubt but as a judge he knows he won' win because he has to prove that the allegations are false - which most likely is not.

He will win as long as he is not indicted by the NJC. The proof of his innocence is non-indictment by the NJC
Re: Court Frees Justice Ngwuta Of Corruption Charges by TundeHashim(m): 10:43pm On Mar 23, 2018
SmartMugu:
Same reason some people bang their heads on the wall every morning when they wake up. The justice system is already corrupt. How can a corrupt judge fine another corrupt judge guilty of corruption?

Its people, with mentality like yours, that encourage jungle justice. Do u think the justice is founded upon ur warped logic? Do u thinking by calling someone a thief automatically means the person is a thief? Have u ever been falsely accused of stealing with ur accuser having no evidence to substantiate his claim? How would u feel in such circumstance above, people calling u a thief? The mere fact that someone is charged for an offence doesn't ipso facto means he's guilty...if u haven't learnt anything today...Take that home!
Re: Court Frees Justice Ngwuta Of Corruption Charges by dustydee: 10:54pm On Mar 23, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

He will win as long as he is not indicted by the NJC. The proof of his innocence is non-indictment by the NJC
No, the verdict was that the EFCC did not go through the NJC which is the laid down procedure. He will have to prove that the NJC would not have indicted him and even that does not mean he is not culpable.
Re: Court Frees Justice Ngwuta Of Corruption Charges by brojoshua: 11:36pm On Mar 23, 2018
Every corrupt man taken to our court used to walk through the corrupt court untouched, what do you expect. But if it is a UK court he will really spend many years in prison. A corrupt court can not do anything to a corrupt man but only to stamp and seal his corruption and loots

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

President Muhammadu Buhari Signs The 58th Independent Day Parade Book. / Tension Brews In Finance Ministry Over Hand Over / 2023: APC Not Interested In Igbo Presidency But a Nigerian Presidency - Uzodinma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.