Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:11 AM

The Death Of Justice! - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / The Death Of Justice! (1282 Views)

Usifo Ataga: Onoh Ojukwu, Four Others Charged With Obstruction Of Justice / Baba Ijesha: Lagos Ministry Of Justice Advises Police To File 5 Charges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Death Of Justice! by Elliot2(m): 7:45pm On Mar 23, 2018
?
Re: The Death Of Justice! by Asquare84(m): 8:12pm On Mar 23, 2018
You guys should head to supreme court it may be difficult for them to influence supreme court. When we keep shouting that the judiciary arm of govt is a major problem of Nigerian people are saying is buhari
Re: The Death Of Justice! by Elliot2(m): 9:21pm On Mar 23, 2018
Asquare84:
You guys should head to supreme court it may be difficult for them to influence supreme court. When we keep shouting that the judiciary arm of govt is a major problem of Nigerian people are saying is buhari
I swear, it the problem to the people. And I fear for us, the land case has been politicized so much so that even shell now has vested interest in it by supporting our opponents,the politicians including the state government is interested. our governor was our opponent's former lawyer before he got power, there after he made the judge of our case the chief justice of the state. so can just imagine that we couldn't have gotten justice from her.
Re: The Death Of Justice! by Elliot2(m): 9:33pm On Mar 23, 2018
please, I need lawyers in the house to advise me on what to do. I know we need to appeal at the supreme court...we can fight for us?!

1 Like

Re: The Death Of Justice! by Asquare84(m): 4:48am On Mar 24, 2018
Elliot2:
I swear, it the problem to the people. And I fear for us, the land case has been politicized so much so that even shell now has vested interest in it by supporting our opponents,the politicians including the state government is interested. our governor was our opponent's former lawyer before he got power, there after he made the judge of our case the chief justice of the state. so can just imagine that we couldn't have gotten justice from her.

I personally think supreme court should be your last hope it may not be easy for your opponent or the gov to influenced supreme court
Re: The Death Of Justice! by Lordspicy(m): 5:50am On Mar 24, 2018
I think you will get better audience in twitter....Be sure to tag some judiciary luminaries

2 Likes

Re: The Death Of Justice! by Elliot2(m): 8:59am On Mar 24, 2018
Asquare84:

I personally think supreme court should be your last hope it may not be easy for your opponent or the gov to influenced supreme court
OK. thank you! please I am pleading with the lawyers in the house to come to our rescue. my family is up against one professor kemidisei Okoko and his gang of wicked souls who are influencing the outcome of the court cases. He allegedly paid a huge some of money to subvert justice; he is always in that habit, creating problems among families and then supports the wrong side to win so he can control them. lawyers in the house,please put me through on how to write a petition to the judiciary commission so that they can probe chief justice Kate Abiru for corruption and subversion of justice?
Re: The Death Of Justice! by shaybebaby(f): 5:22pm On May 01, 2018
Shell is an international company and if they are in cahoots with the landgrabbers, perhaps see if there is a way to get an international news outlet interested in your story.

Try to draw public attention to the whole thing and maybe with that, you may just get the attention of the right people to help fight your case.

For funds, set up a gofundme page, use social media and get people in your network to share as much as possible. Make it international.
Re: The Death Of Justice! by Elliot2(m): 7:05pm On May 01, 2018
shaybebaby:
Shell is an international company and if they are in cahoots with the landgrabbers, perhaps see if there is a way to get an international news outlet interested in your story.

Try to draw public attention to the whole thing and maybe with that, you may just get the attention of the right people to help fight your case.

For funds, set up a gofundme page, use social media and get people in your network to share as much as possible. Make it international.
Thank you for the response! But sadly,I am finding it difficult to pursue this case on my own,and besides i am just a young graduate without work and connections,yet. This case is so complicated,and it saddens me that i don't have the wherewithal to pursue it;and same with my other family members. Just after i wrote this piece here and others on my different social media platforms,i had some men,suspected to be assassins,visiting my home. I wish i could draw the attention of the international community to see our plights. I don't doubt the involvement of Shell in all this,they set the confusion so that they could exploit the community. How can they be blameless if after entering an agreement in 1965 with my progenitor and recognised same as the landlord,but only for them to come in 2002 to start exploration without consulting us. It is just a pity that the law courts that ought to give us justice have been bought over.
Re: The Death Of Justice! by shaybebaby(f): 7:18pm On May 01, 2018
Elliot2:
Thank you for the response! But sadly,I am finding it difficult to pursue this case on my own,and besides i am just a young graduate without work and connections,yet. This case is so complicated,and it saddens me that i don't have the wherewithal to pursue it;and same with my other family members. Just after i wrote this piece here and others on my different social media platforms,i had some men,suspected to be assassins,visiting my home. I wish i could draw the attention of the international community to see our plights. I don't doubt the involvement of Shell in all this,they set the confusion so that they could exploit the community. How can they be blameless if after entering an agreement in 1965 with my progenitor and recognised same as the landlord,but only for them to come in 2002 to start exploration without consulting us. It is just a pity that the law courts that ought to give us justice have been bought over.
So use what you DO have. The power of social media. Search twitter for journalists, get names of news outlets and publications like aljazeera, BBC, the guardian, the sun (naming the ones in the UK), there are other independent news outlets like The young Turks on Facebook, LBC (a radio station).

I know it seems unlikely but what have you got to lose? Better to roll die and see what comes of it. If nothing, you are no worse off than you are right now.
Re: The Death Of Justice! by Elliot2(m): 8:01pm On May 01, 2018
shaybebaby:

So use what you DO have. The power of social media. Search twitter for journalists, get names of news outlets and publications like aljazeera, BBC, the guardian, the sun (naming the ones in the UK), there are other independent news outlets like The young Turks on Facebook, LBC (a radio station).

I know it seems unlikely but what have you got to lose? Better to roll die and see what comes of it. If nothing, you are no worse off than you are right now.
Interesting! thank you! I will look up on those news outlets u mentioned.
Re: The Death Of Justice! by remi1444: 11:55am On May 06, 2018
Elliot2:
please, I need lawyers in the house to advise me on what to do. I know we need to appeal at the supreme court...we can fight for us?!
I can only assist you by mentioning their Moniker, i would have represented you if i was a certified Barrister and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of The Federal Republic of Nigeria. DavidEsq,Hidentity,Tolusan,Younglawya, MrMcJay and lawyer.

Bosses, you can be of legal assistance to Elliot2.

2 Likes

Re: The Death Of Justice! by Elliot2(m): 12:06pm On May 06, 2018
remi1444:
I can only assist you by mentioning their Moniker, i would have represented you if i was a certified Barrister and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of The Federal Republic of Nigeria. DavidEsq,Hidentity,Tolusan,Younglawya, MrMcJay and lawyer.

Bosses, you can be of legal assistance to Elliot2.
Thank you,I appreciate! I really need all the help i can get. I can not imagine what right our opponents get to take all the land even though they only contended a meagre 25 acres of land hosting Shell (LNG) which actually covers hundreds of acres. But just after winning at the state high court,they went ahead to confiscate all,and even sited a modular refinery on our land which was not contended. I need lawyers who can help us reclaim those lands. I have every reason to believe that my family is the sole owner of that land.
Re: The Death Of Justice! by remi1444: 1:10pm On May 06, 2018
Elliot2:
Thank you,I appreciate! I really need all the help i can get. I can not imagine what right our opponents get to take all the land even though they only contended a meagre 25 acres of land hosting Shell (LNG) which actually covers hundreds of acres. But just after winning at the state high court,they went ahead to confiscate all,and even sited a modular refinery on our land which was not contended. I need lawyers who can help us reclaim those lands. I have every reason to believe that my family is the sole owner of that land.
If they can buy their way to to the C O A as you claim, they cant at the APEX court. One thing is, the court is not an emotional arm, it makes decision especially in civil suit like you're involved in based on "provision of case upon the balance of probability"... reasons you need a lawyer who knows his onion.
Re: The Death Of Justice! by Hidentity(m): 1:46pm On May 06, 2018
Elliot2:
Hello,nairalanders! please oblige me with your time by reading my sad but true story life story,and endeavour to add your advice and opinion.

Today, I witness the death of Justice in my family- we lost a land dispute to our opponents. Before I give you guys a brief history of the land case in concern,I would like to tell you that the judgement that was passed today did not have the attendance of our lawyer and family members i.e we were not aware of the date( though personally, i can't vouch for our lawyer who might have been bought over).we have lost it at the appeal court now .But I want to believe that that is unfair! Justice is murdered and it died in cold blood, killed by those chosen as custodians of the law. Even,the first judgement was passed in similar manner whereby our opponents were already privy of the victory before Chief Justice Kate Abiru passed verdict. But that is about That.
This land case started when crude oil was discovered in our family land, and when shell came to explore it. initially, around the 1970's, shell had already marked the oil wells and my grand father was recognised as the sole owner of the parcel of land it is sighted and received contracts from shell as such (they are still owing him outstanding balance for the labour he provided ). And after the discovery and all, they stopped work but later came for full exploration in 2003. it was then our opponents who are only a faction of the family( they are adopted) but have no claim to it came onboard through the influence of one prof., et al who had prior knowledge before us( he was a one time chairman of NDDC) through his influence, shell came for consultation with our opponents without us,even though they had entered land use agreements with my grand father. so,we protested,and when we did we were sued in court. At the court,we provided every documents we have including the survey of all our lands situated even beyond the portion shell has taken(our opponents only argued for the piece of land covering the site). we provided documents dating back to 1910's, documents involving land disputes our great grand father had won; also we provide documents containing leasing of the land to prospects who paid royalties to us (those for farming and tap wine tapping). We provided witnesses and argued our case to a logical end. But whereas our opponents had virtually no proof but argued vainly, that they are the sole owners of the land and that we are not part of the family but slaves and therefore aliens to them. Suffice me so say that my grand father was once the chief of the community! All the while he ruled for over 20 years, nobody alleged that. our opponents alleged that our great grand father was adducted into the family when his step father who was a member of their family died,and his biological mother left him with them and migrated without him. And that when he came of age,they gave him the said parcel of land to farm on. Now that was some interesting story,but it leaves a lot of questions. One, if he was given the said land,then why was the land given out as leash in his name, why was all the court cases he had in the 1910 and others,in his name. there are no references of our opponents as owners of the land. Even as they argue that my progenitor was a slave, there is no truth in that because his immediate son became a chief of the community. And that was no privilege but a right! In fact, there is no iota of logic in their argument. imagine, the said piece of land in dispute is far larger than the whole pieces of land our opponents own,which is not in dispute. in fact,the larger portion of the land we included in our survey plan which our opponents did not claim at the initial stage is very sizeable, big enough for a gift to an unfortunate slave boy they adducted. what a benevolence! Truth is,there is no iota of truth in there doctored story! And I dare them for a DNA to be conducted between the two families. After winning the court case,they have moved on to confiscate even the lands that were not in dispute. even the court oblige them even when we moved for a stay of execution-the court reject our pleas. they kept building houses on our lands and selling to strangers while we were in court...

To be frank with all well meaning people of the world is that,today justice has again been murdered in our family! We the innocent and rightfully owners of the land hosting Shell at Obunagha, Bayelsa State,Nigeria,has been deprived of justice by the greedy and ever confutionist Shell,the state gov.,greedy and dishonorable principalities at the judiciary and other workers of injustice.
However,I want to believe that justice can't be murdered. it may slumb and faint in the hands of the wicked,but will recover in the hands of the just. Now,my family is looking for the just!

Hi,

You should:
1: Stop insinuating that they bought the trial Court and Court of Appeal. You may be making remarks that are too sensitive and can't be substantiated. High Courts, Court of Appeal or Supreme Court are all an arm- you can't make a rubbish of a system and still claim you want to take its full benefits.

2: Avoid being too emotional here. You can make your case here, but here isn't a Court and no serious lawyer will come here to give you the required push with your approach. The rage and uproar may be mere sound and fury, but signifying nothing.

3: Remove the names of every individual you mentioned and alleged to be oppressing you. Your lawyer should be able to concentrate on recovering your family land without diverting attention to some defamation suits slammed against you.

That said, I sympathise with you for your loss, albeit, a temporal one, as the Apex Court of the land is still there. So, keep hope alive, but until your case is properly reviewed, I can't make any comment on the issue at hand. Besides, a forum like this isn't an environment to advise you. I don't practice on NL. Now, IF you want to talk to me, do me a dm. Nairaland is not a law office, and until you meet a lawyer, you can't rely on basic suggestions here-from any of us.

Thanks at remi1444 for the mention.

2 Likes

Re: The Death Of Justice! by Elliot2(m): 2:49pm On May 06, 2018
Hidentity:

Hi,

You should:
1: Stop insinuating that they bought the trial Court and Court of Appeal. You may be making remarks that are too sensitive and can't be substantiated. High Courts, Court of Appeal or Supreme Court are all an arm- you can't make a rubbish of a system and still claim you want to take its full benefits.

2: Avoid being too emotional here. You can make your case here, but here isn't a Court and no serious lawyer will come here to give you the required push with your approach. The rage and uproar may be mere sound and fury, but signifying nothing.

3: Remove the names of every individual you mentioned and alleged to be oppressing you. Your lawyer should be able to concentrate on recovering your family land without diverting attention to some defamation suits slammed against you.

That said, I sympathise with you for your loss, albeit, a temporal one, as the Apex Court of the land is still there. So, keep hope alive, but until your case is properly reviewed, I can't make any comment on the issue at hand. Besides, a forum like this isn't ang environment to advise you. I don't practice on NL. Now, IF you want to talk to me, do me a dm. Nairaland is not a law office, and until you meet a lawyer, you can't rely on basic suggestions here-from any of us.

Thank you for the response! I will edit the names.
Re: The Death Of Justice! by Elliot2(m): 3:16pm On May 06, 2018
remi1444:
If they can buy their way to to the C O A as you claim, they cant at the APEX court. One thing is, the court is not an emotional arm, it makes decision especially in civil suit like you're involved in based on "provision of case upon the balance of probability"... reasons you need a lawyer who knows his onion.
I wish i could be optimistic. The kinda of vested interest on the land is huge now. It is not just the LNG that is sited on the land but also a private modular refinery sited besides it,and the more time it takes the more it accumulates and attracts persons who see the strategic setting of the land. Already our opponents have sold a good portion of the land and houses are being built on it every day,even while we were in court.(sadly, " stay of execution"did not prevent them).
Re: The Death Of Justice! by Elliot2(m): 3:26pm On May 06, 2018
Hidentity:

Hi,

You should:

That said, I sympathise with you for your loss, albeit, a temporal one, as the Apex Court of the land is still there. So, keep hope alive, but until your case is properly reviewed, I can't make any comment on the issue at hand. Besides, a forum like this isn't an environment to advise you. I don't practice on NL. Now, IF you want to talk to me, do me a dm. Nairaland is not a law office, and until you meet a lawyer, you can't rely on basic suggestions here-from any of us.

How do i reach you on email?
Re: The Death Of Justice! by DavidEsq(m): 4:35pm On May 06, 2018
Elliot2:
I justs saw ur complaint. Let us talk. Hola tru my email
Re: The Death Of Justice! by Elliot2(m): 5:30pm On May 06, 2018
DavidEsq:
ok,sir! h
Re: The Death Of Justice! by Elliot2(m): 5:30pm On May 06, 2018
DavidEsq:
ok,sir.
Re: The Death Of Justice! by Elliot2(m): 5:36pm On May 06, 2018
DavidEsq:

i find it difficult to write on the space provided for email msg. could you please reach me through this number 09069572473 on whatsapp. thank you!
Re: The Death Of Justice! by DrProf(m): 5:27pm On Jun 16, 2020
Elliot2:
Hello,nairalanders! please oblige me with your time by reading my sad but true story life story,and endeavour to add your advice and opinion.

Today, I witness the death of Justice in my family- we lost a land dispute to our opponents. Before I give you guys a brief history of the land case in concern,I would like to tell you that the judgement that was passed today did not have the attendance of our lawyer and family members i.e we were not aware of the date( though personally, i can't vouch for our lawyer who might have been bought over).we have lost it at the appeal court now .But I want to believe that that is unfair! Justice is murdered and it died in cold blood, killed by those chosen as custodians of the law. Even,the first judgement was passed in similar manner whereby our opponents were already privy of the victory before the Chief Justice passed verdict. But that is about That.
This land case started when crude oil was discovered in our family land, and when shell came to explore it. initially, around the 1970's, shell had already marked the oil wells and my grand father was recognised as the sole owner of the parcel of land it is sighted and received contracts from shell as such (they are still owing him outstanding balance for the labour he provided ). And after the discovery and all, they stopped work but later came for full exploration in 2003. it was then our opponents who are only a faction of the family( they are adopted) but have no claim to it came onboard through the influence of one prof., et al who had prior knowledge before us through his influence, shell came for consultation with our opponents without us,even though they had entered land use agreements with my grand father. so,we protested,and when we did we were sued to court. At the court,we provided every documents we have including the survey of all our lands situated even beyond the portion shell has taken(our opponents only argued for a paltry 25 acres of land). we provided documents dating back to 1910's, documents involving land disputes our great grand father had won; also we provide documents containing leasing of the land to prospects who paid royalties to us (those for farming and tap wine tapping). We provided witnesses and argued our case to a logical end. But whereas our opponents had virtually no proof but argued vainly, that they are the sole owners of the land and that we are not part of the family but slaves and therefore aliens to them. Suffice me so say that my grand father was once the chief of the community! All the while he ruled for over 20 years, nobody alleged that. our opponents alleged that our great grand father was adopted into the family when his step father who was a member of their family died,and his biological mother left him with them and migrated without him. And that when he came of age,they gave him the said parcel of land to farm on. Now that was some interesting story,but it leaves a lot of questions. One, if he was given the said land,then why was the land given out as lease to others in his name;why was all the court cases he had in the 1910 and others,in his name) (there are no references of our opponents as owners of the land). Why do they include only a paltry 25 acres even though our claim if over hundreds of acres? And again, even as they argue that my progenitor was a slave, there is no truth in that because his immediate son became a chief of the community. And that was no privilege but a right! In fact, there is no iota of logic in their argument. imagine, the said piece of land in dispute is far larger than the whole pieces of land our opponents own,which is not in dispute. in fact,the larger portion of the land we included in our survey plan which our opponents did not claim at the initial stage is very sizeable, big enough for a gift to an unfortunate slave boy they adopted. what a benevolence! Truth is,there is no iota of truth in there doctored story! How come my family have a share in the only community land, but they don't. But now,being the bullies that they are,after winning the court case,they have moved on to confiscate even the lands that were not in dispute. even the court oblige them even when we moved for a stay of execution-the court reject our pleas. they kept building houses on our lands and selling to strangers while we were in court...

To be frank with all well meaning people of the world is that,today justice has again been murdered in our family! We the innocent and rightfully owners of the land hosting Shell at Obunagha, Bayelsa State,Nigeria,has been deprived of justice by the greedy and ever confutionist Shell,the state gov.,greedy and dishonorable principalities at the judiciary and other workers of injustice.
However,I want to believe that justice can't be murdered. it may slumb and faint in the hands of the wicked,but will recover in the hands of the just. Now,my family is looking for the just!

Wanted to capture this page and send to my email but let me just quote it for future references.
Re: The Death Of Justice! by Elliot2(m): 6:06pm On Jun 16, 2020
DrProf:

Wanted to capture this page and send to my email but let me just quote it for future references.
OK sir. Please, help my family! We are suffering! Even though our opponents only claimed 25 acres in the initial suit, they have gone ahead to take thousands of acres of our land that were never in dispute. They are selling to companies and individuals with reckless abandon for very cheap prices , simply because it is not theirs. Despite that we are in court,those people have gone ahead to build houses on our lands and have formed an autonomous community within this space of time. There is a certain prof have sworn to be our stumbling block. He influences everything with his political power and money. Despite this huge exploration of our oil which is one of the biggest in west Africa, with several job opportunities, my family members are stopped from working.
Re: The Death Of Justice! by Elliot2(m): 11:02pm On Jun 16, 2020
DrProf:

(1) (Reply)

8 Feared Dead, Many Injured In Renewed Fulani Herdsmen Attack In Benue / 17 Year Old Nigerian Girl Very High On Drugs Displays Insanity (see Photos ) / Mormons Mourn Massacred Relatives, See Inside Their Mexican Compound (LA Times)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.