Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,644 members, 7,801,873 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:01 AM

FG Replies Bill Gates' Comment On Buhari's Economic Plan - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Replies Bill Gates' Comment On Buhari's Economic Plan (48243 Views)

Atiku Reacts To Bill Gates’ Statement Against Buhari’s Economic Plan / Bill Gates: Buhari’s Economic Plan Doesn’t Reflect Needs Of Nigerians / Bill Gates' Buhari Economic Blueprint Statement: Ben Bruce, Reno Omokri React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Replies Bill Gates' Comment On Buhari's Economic Plan by chngebeginwthme: 6:14am On Mar 24, 2018
4kDdullard:
Trash as usual as if they know better than Bill Gates.

I never knew bill gate that drop out of school is an economist..
Re: FG Replies Bill Gates' Comment On Buhari's Economic Plan by akata1: 6:14am On Mar 24, 2018
instead of making amend. this government is a scam.
Re: FG Replies Bill Gates' Comment On Buhari's Economic Plan by Concasty676: 6:25am On Mar 24, 2018
I'm really beginning to get curious. Could it be that this current crop of illiterate ignoramuses who parade themselves in the dwindling charade of the nation's political echelon, are starting to jerk in fear, looking for a possible way to vindicate themselves of the critical dart aimed at them by their 'debt saviour', bill gates? Or could it be, that they are still playing the same old game? Using irrelevant statistics to show relevancy, even when the world knows they have failed woefully, beyond reciprocation? I leave you to judge.....
Re: FG Replies Bill Gates' Comment On Buhari's Economic Plan by bot101(m): 6:27am On Mar 24, 2018
chngebeginwthme:

I never knew bill gate that drop out of school is an economist..

See your problem? Equating school with education. Stark validation of the fact that you were never educated, but just schooled and that is one of the biggest problems with the Nigerian youth.

Someone who has run the biggest consumer corporation in the world is an economist. He is not your president or governor, but his decisions directly affect your life. The problem is that like spiritual attacks, you don't know where what is doing you is coming from.

3 Likes

Re: FG Replies Bill Gates' Comment On Buhari's Economic Plan by bot101(m): 6:29am On Mar 24, 2018
Concasty676:
I'm really beginning to get curious. Could it be that this current crop of illiterate ignoramuses who parade themselves in the dwindling charade of the nation's political echelon, are starting to jerk in fear, looking for a possible way to vindicate themselves of the critical dart aimed at them by their 'debt saviour', bill gates? Or could it be, that they are still playing the same old game? Using irrelevant statistics to show relevancy, even when the world knows they have failed woefully, beyond reciprocation? I leave you to judge.....

Please, your grammar has the potential effect of increasing zombeism in some entities I am not allowed to name. Please temper grammatical justice with mercy, I take God beg you.
Re: FG Replies Bill Gates' Comment On Buhari's Economic Plan by bejeria101(m): 6:36am On Mar 24, 2018
OBAGADAFFI:
They should have replied Bill directly at the meeting.

No need spinning these in the media.

Gbam! You got it on point! Mr gates never leave them? They are writing letter,bunch of olodo dullards. *buys bottle of ciroc*
Re: FG Replies Bill Gates' Comment On Buhari's Economic Plan by Opentokwowledge: 6:43am On Mar 24, 2018
Lol. Bill Gates sef dey fall my hand. If the govt plans the economy on human development background now, how will Nigerians keep those proverbial old clowns who have chickens on their trails because they have maize stacked to their butt we call leaders e.g calamities like Dino Melaye, PMB and his crew, Saraki and his cohorts in power? He wants them to deviate from business as usual and shoot themselves in the leg? ... E ma wo bobo yi sha undecided, Na so Nigerian polithiefcians mumu reach grin
Re: FG Replies Bill Gates' Comment On Buhari's Economic Plan by MrMakaveli20(m): 6:44am On Mar 24, 2018
failures. they will never learn. they will choose instead, to defend their glaring incompetence
Re: FG Replies Bill Gates' Comment On Buhari's Economic Plan by bibe(m): 7:10am On Mar 24, 2018
Considering the value of naira to Dollar and rebasing the said allocations in dollars you'll find that the only increment/improvement is in health while that of education has actually reduced.
#myobservation
Re: FG Replies Bill Gates' Comment On Buhari's Economic Plan by SoNature(m): 7:13am On Mar 24, 2018
Instead of eating a humble pie and making corrections they are busy arguing.

Apple, Facebook, Google, and Microsoft are in the world of their own.

These individual companies are richer than Nigeria.

Yes, they spend money in overheads and generate more money than Nigeria.

You see, Bill Gates is running a country of its own at Microsoft
Re: FG Replies Bill Gates' Comment On Buhari's Economic Plan by frankmoney(m): 7:15am On Mar 24, 2018
Nwaohafia1:
I don't like this moniker above me.

So APC thinks they know more than Bill Gate? A man who controls the world's economy. grin
bill gates doesn't even control America's economy
Re: FG Replies Bill Gates' Comment On Buhari's Economic Plan by austinkenneth: 7:17am On Mar 24, 2018
Bill GATE is an IPOB yoot, a cownu follower and a Igbo

1 Like

Re: FG Replies Bill Gates' Comment On Buhari's Economic Plan by iphenon: 7:37am On Mar 24, 2018
biggy26:

You serious?
Yeah I'm serious. But not very ready yet
Re: FG Replies Bill Gates' Comment On Buhari's Economic Plan by BiafranBushBoy: 7:40am On Mar 24, 2018
achiever12:

I thought they are treating N-Power people well now?

My bro. Let's leave talk jare.
Re: FG Replies Bill Gates' Comment On Buhari's Economic Plan by Nobody: 7:59am On Mar 24, 2018
Mophasa:
MINISTRY OF BUDGET AND NATIONAL PLANNING

Press Statement

Friday March 23, 2018
ERGP PRIORITISES HUMAN CAPITAL DEVELOPMENT

Several of today’s newspapers carried a story in which the philanthropist, Mr. Bill Gates is said to have taken issue with the Federal Government’s Economic Recovery and Growth Plan (ERGP). It seems the context in which Mr. Gatesmade his remarks was not well understood.

A close reading of his statement shows that the point Mr. Gates was making was that the human capital development should have been explicitly indicated as part of the execution priorities of the ERGP. This is not the same as saying that the ERGP does not address human capital development or that Mr. Gates faulted Nigeria’s economic plans as some newspapers put it.

This development however provides an opportunity to clarify several things about the ERGP.

1. ERGP prioritises human capital development:
The ERGP rests on the three pillars of restoring growth, investing in the Nigerian people and building a competitive economy. The pillar of ‘investing in the Nigerian people’ is nothing other than human capital development consisting as it does of education, health and social investments, and a whole chapter of the ERGP is devoted to this important pillar. Therefore the ERGP indeed prioritises human capital development.

The ERGP sets out 60 strategies cutting across all sectors of the economy. Indeed, over one quarter of them (strategies 31 to 47) fall into the category of Investing in the Nigerian people. The execution priorities of the ERGP are restoring macroeconomic balance, achieving agriculture and food security, ensuring energy sufficiency in power and petroleum products, improving transportation infrastructure and driving industrialization through SMEs. These interventions were chosen because of their potential for fast-tracking economic recovery and expected contribution of the private sector to accelerating growth, which is one of the key principles of the ERGP. In other words, the execution priorities are catalysts for implementing all the strategies in the ERGP.
These priority areas have cross-cutting potentials which are all focused towards empowering the people through creating jobs and improving their general conditions. In other words, all the areas indicated are underpinned by the emphasis on investing in the people. Every single one of the execution priorities has the people at the centre.

2. Human capital development spending has gone up:
To demonstrate the commitment of government to improving human capital development at the national level, the Federal Government has made significant increases in capital allocations in human capital related sectors in the last three years in spite of dwindling revenues.

For instance, capital allocations to education, including Universal Basic Education (UBEC), in the 2015 Budget was N91.903 billion, but the allocation was increased to N112.543 billion in 2016; N152 billion in 2017 and N170.79 billion is proposed for 2018 budget.
In the health sector, while N22.676 billion was provided in the 2015 budget for Capital expenditure, N28.65 billion was provided in the 2016 budget; N55.61 billion in 2017; and N71.11 billion in the 2018 budget proposal.

3. Focus on social intervention programmes
In addition, the current administration has launched a wide-ranging Social Investment Programme which caters for human development for which a total budgetary allocation of N500 billion has been provided in the 2016 and 2017 budgets as well as the 2018 budget proposals. Apart from providing the much needed jobs, the N-Power Scheme deploys young graduates to serve as teaching assistants, public health officials and agricultural extension workers. Similarly the Home Grown School Feeding Programme provides a meal a day to children in public primary schools. All these interventions contribute to human capital development.

4. Collaboration with States to deepen human capital development:
The Federal Government is committed to improving human capital development at all levels by deepening collaboration with the States. That is why this special session of the National Economic Council on human capital development was convened.
It was aimed at:
· increasing attention of government at all levels on human capital development in line with the ERGP
· enhancing the quality of expenditure so as to achieve the improved outcomes set out in the ERGP.

Signed
Akpandem James
Special Adviser (Media) to the Hon. Minister

Source;

http://diaryofmypresident.com/index.php/2018/03/23/federal-ministry-of-budget-and-planning-press-release/

Buhari is a failure.
Re: FG Replies Bill Gates' Comment On Buhari's Economic Plan by CoolAmbience(m): 8:28am On Mar 24, 2018
achiever12:

Bill Gate is the second richest man in the world.

Please take some time to think about that.

And have you summed the GDP of all countries of the world? What percentage of that is his net worth?

Who doesn't know Bill Gates is second richest man? That's no information. I admire his entrepreneurial prowess, but that does not make him more knowledgeable of the Nigerian economy than Nigerian leaders.

I am sure you know that his super wealth can't be exclusively ascribed to a celestial ability.
Re: FG Replies Bill Gates' Comment On Buhari's Economic Plan by Nobody: 8:42am On Mar 24, 2018
emror4u:
Always quick to issue defensive press release...

You know you are lying, we know you are lying, and you know that we know you are lying....

So Just continue, MY PVC IS READY angry angry angry

They can't stop lying. It is in their DNA.

2 Likes

Re: FG Replies Bill Gates' Comment On Buhari's Economic Plan by InHim4Him(m): 9:31am On Mar 24, 2018
Why don't you ask Mr. Gate to explain himself rather than coming to speak for him?
Re: FG Replies Bill Gates' Comment On Buhari's Economic Plan by bobbyL(m): 10:18am On Mar 24, 2018
CoolAmbience:

And have you summed the GDP of all countries of the world? What percentage of that is his net worth?

Who doesn't know Bill Gates is second richest man? That's no information. I admire his entrepreneurial prowess, but that does not make him more knowledgeable of the Nigerian economy than Nigerian leaders.

I am sure you know that his super wealth can't be exclusively ascribed to a celestial ability.

While I notice that you somewhat frequently defend the current government, I agree with you that most people seem to ascribe validity to Bill's statements because of his achievements. I don't think most of those commenting have gone through the ERGP. It surely has programmes for human capital development, however, it may not be adequate. In fact, both infrastructure and human capital development plans are likely inadequate to take Nigeria to where she needs to be. The question is whether the government has the focus and willpower to at least actively start doing - and doing well - what needs to be done.

Technically, the government's response is not irrelevant, however, I think they should take a cue that human capital development needs to be given much more attention as that is what would sustain other areas of development.

But this thread is funny though. An education in crowd psychology.

1 Like

Re: FG Replies Bill Gates' Comment On Buhari's Economic Plan by biggy26: 10:27am On Mar 24, 2018
iphenon:
Yeah I'm serious. But not very ready yet
OK!
Re: FG Replies Bill Gates' Comment On Buhari's Economic Plan by tobsvent: 10:38am On Mar 24, 2018
Always hostile to the truth, their trademark though.
Re: FG Replies Bill Gates' Comment On Buhari's Economic Plan by earthcrust: 10:44am On Mar 24, 2018
They are always afraid to face d truth
What a gvt!
Re: FG Replies Bill Gates' Comment On Buhari's Economic Plan by SouthEastFacts: 12:40pm On Mar 24, 2018
nextstep:
Forget all these fancy numbers and acronyms; they only need to focus on one thing: constant and sufficient power. Most other things will sort themselves out. And for those swindled by the increased budget allocation, the actual dollar amount hasn't changed. Naira value has nearly halved since 2015, yet the things are going to be paid for in dollars, so we're basically at a standstill in terms of "REAL MONEY", if not going back.
God bless the womb that gave birth to you.
Re: FG Replies Bill Gates' Comment On Buhari's Economic Plan by Horus(m): 1:01pm On Mar 24, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kdg1mxYUulM

Bill Gates - Nigeria Will Thrive When Every Nigerian Can Thrive
Re: FG Replies Bill Gates' Comment On Buhari's Economic Plan by orisa37: 1:27pm On Mar 24, 2018
Bokoharam means no human Development Western Style.
Miyetti Allah open grazing means continuous importation and Development of Fulani Herdsmen
and open grazing to the detriment of:
1, Economic Ranching,
2, Agriculture,
3, Agro-Allied economies and
4, Other economic, social and industrial development projects.
Bill wants F.G to balance Nigerias Mental(human development) and Stomach(physical capital development) Infrastructures for economic and social growth, expansion and general improvement of Nigeria.
I know that Dangote knows what Bill is talking about.
Re: FG Replies Bill Gates' Comment On Buhari's Economic Plan by juddy4life: 2:00pm On Mar 24, 2018
Failed and collapsed economy. Why didn't they say all these b4 the commander in chief of d world's economy? empty headed leaders of this unholy marriage called Nigeria. I don't even know why Bill Gate even agreed taking shots with grin. I'm sure all his campaign posters for 2019 elections will bear Bill Gate's image. shocked
Re: FG Replies Bill Gates' Comment On Buhari's Economic Plan by achiever12: 2:15pm On Mar 24, 2018
CoolAmbience:

Remove the contribution of Bill Gate from the w
earth and the earth may crash.

Re: FG Replies Bill Gates' Comment On Buhari's Economic Plan by juddy4life: 2:20pm On Mar 24, 2018
SadiqBabaSani:
Bag of lies,

Bill gate is IPOB- Zombies
Which of the terrorists ridden States are u from? Olodo ra bata oju eja limo je grin
Re: FG Replies Bill Gates' Comment On Buhari's Economic Plan by sexyanyabubakar(f): 4:05pm On Mar 24, 2018
Grinch:
Buhari plans before declaring to contest next ur election are:
1. Kidnap Dapchi school girls n release them later,in other to show his more competent than the previous administration. But he fuccked up big time.....
2. He invited Bill Gates,hoping he will speak favourably about his economic blue print. He got severed, Bill Gates is no sycophant like ur stupiid zombies,going around singing ur praises for what u didn't do.
Buhari is a parasite that must be removed from the host(Nigeria).
Re: FG Replies Bill Gates' Comment On Buhari's Economic Plan by Spindletop: 4:19pm On Mar 24, 2018
4kDdullard:
Trash as usual as if they know better than Bill Gates.
If GATES knows so much why is he not in politics in his country? Once you are an oyibo man to Nigerians, they believe you know all. Bunch of dullards.
Re: FG Replies Bill Gates' Comment On Buhari's Economic Plan by Lemmejoor(m): 7:28pm On Mar 24, 2018
Why is he even standing so close to him. Cluelessness is infectious

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin / Aisha Buhari Celebrates Osinbajo's 60th Birthday: "Capable Of Leading Nigeria" / Photos: RCCG Members Asked To Show Their PVC In Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.