Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,385 members, 7,808,364 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:57 AM

Owerri Catholic Archbishop – Obinna Backs Nwosu’s Guber Ambition - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Owerri Catholic Archbishop – Obinna Backs Nwosu’s Guber Ambition (1910 Views)

Owerri Catholic Archbishop Obinna Reveals What He Told Ihedioha, Uche Nwosu / Breaking: APC Crisis, Okorocha Sues Party, Ask Court To Declare Uche Nwosu Guber / Imo Government Reacts To The Attack On Archbishop Obinna During Church Event (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Owerri Catholic Archbishop – Obinna Backs Nwosu’s Guber Ambition by Abagworo(m): 9:01pm On Mar 23, 2018
Owerri – The Catholic Archbishop of Owerri Diocese, Anthony Obinna, on Friday reversed his earlier stands against the governorship ambition of the Chief of Staff to the Imo State governor, Chief Uche Nwosu.

The Archbishop in what could be termed as a dramatic reversal, appealed to Imo citizens to always pray for Nwosu, stressing: “He is passing through difficult challenges as a young man with a promising future and aspiration to become a truthful leader.”

The cleric who made the statement, Friday, at the Owerri Assumpta Cathedral, during a Cathedraticum Archbishop Support Service, which is held annually to support Church projects, had vowed that the Chief of Staff would never take over from Rochas Okorocha as the next governor of the State.

Nwosu is married to Okorocha’s first daughter Oluma.

According to the Archbishop, “I do not hate APC or the President, those spreading the rumour are enemies of the Church and the government.”

https://independent.ng/owerri-catholic-archbishop-obinna-backs-nwosus-guber-ambition/amp/
Re: Owerri Catholic Archbishop – Obinna Backs Nwosu’s Guber Ambition by Nobody: 9:02pm On Mar 23, 2018
As long he is a citizen of IMO state, Nwosu has the right to contest

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Owerri Catholic Archbishop – Obinna Backs Nwosu’s Guber Ambition by Abagworo(m): 9:07pm On Mar 23, 2018
life2017:
As long he is a citizen of IMO state, Nwosu has the right to contest

That's the fact and whoever feels he can defeat him should go to the polls.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Owerri Catholic Archbishop – Obinna Backs Nwosu’s Guber Ambition by Cyynthialove(f): 9:12pm On Mar 23, 2018
Patiently waiting for my Lordship to deny it.

Rocha's followers are very mischievous.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Owerri Catholic Archbishop – Obinna Backs Nwosu’s Guber Ambition by Paperwhite(m): 9:20pm On Mar 23, 2018
I doubt if this is really the Arc.Bishop Callistus Obinna that I know.My sis above said it right. sad

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Owerri Catholic Archbishop – Obinna Backs Nwosu’s Guber Ambition by Abagworo(m): 9:39pm On Mar 23, 2018
Cyynthialove:
Patiently waiting for my Lordship to deny it.

Rocha's followers are very mischievous.

So the Independent newspaper is now your Rochas followers huh? Moreover when that lie was sold that he was beaten it wasn't even verified before you made your comments and after he refuted it you still don't want to accept.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Owerri Catholic Archbishop – Obinna Backs Nwosu’s Guber Ambition by ifyan(m): 9:45pm On Mar 23, 2018
Hmm l doubt this, you know the kind of government we have.

Propaganda is one of their character.

5 Likes

Re: Owerri Catholic Archbishop – Obinna Backs Nwosu’s Guber Ambition by Clerverly: 11:04pm On Mar 23, 2018
Paperwhite:
I doubt if this is really the Arc.Bishop Callistus Obinna that I know.My sis above said it right. sad

Money answereth all things my brother!
Re: Owerri Catholic Archbishop – Obinna Backs Nwosu’s Guber Ambition by Clerverly: 11:06pm On Mar 23, 2018
lalasticlala
Re: Owerri Catholic Archbishop – Obinna Backs Nwosu’s Guber Ambition by Lajet: 11:07pm On Mar 23, 2018
Okorochas keep on deceiving yourself with lies and propaganda

4 Likes

Re: Owerri Catholic Archbishop – Obinna Backs Nwosu’s Guber Ambition by slivertongue: 2:54am On Mar 24, 2018
nothing in d statement states political support. obinna will say same 2other candidates. imo ple kno who dey want

2 Likes

Re: Owerri Catholic Archbishop – Obinna Backs Nwosu’s Guber Ambition by slivertongue: 3:59am On Mar 24, 2018
bishop obinna's statement cud best refer 2nwosu present office. i didnt C direct or indirect endorsement in his comment

2 Likes

Re: Owerri Catholic Archbishop – Obinna Backs Nwosu’s Guber Ambition by Abagworo(m): 8:11am On Mar 24, 2018
slivertongue:
bishop obinna's statement cud best refer 2nwosu present office. i didnt C direct or indirect endorsement in his comment

He didn't endorse him but implied that he can run as against his earlier stand.
Re: Owerri Catholic Archbishop – Obinna Backs Nwosu’s Guber Ambition by mekaboy(m): 8:50am On Mar 24, 2018
S?
Re: Owerri Catholic Archbishop – Obinna Backs Nwosu’s Guber Ambition by Abagworo(m): 12:17pm On Mar 24, 2018
Lalasticlala
Re: Owerri Catholic Archbishop – Obinna Backs Nwosu’s Guber Ambition by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 12:47pm On Mar 24, 2018
Abagworo:
Lalasticlala
You are calling him to spread fake news?

1 Like

Re: Owerri Catholic Archbishop – Obinna Backs Nwosu’s Guber Ambition by Abagworo(m): 5:16pm On Mar 24, 2018
HIGHESTPOPORI:
You are calling him to spread fake news?

How is it fake?

http://thenationonlineng.net/imo-archbishop-backs-nwosus-guber-ambition/

Re: Owerri Catholic Archbishop – Obinna Backs Nwosu’s Guber Ambition by vengertime: 5:28pm On Mar 24, 2018
Abagworo:

How is it fake?

http://thenationonlineng.net/imo-archbishop-backs-nwosus-guber-ambition/
stop spreading fake news from our useless media who copy each other for content.

Imo state is not a FAMILY BUSINESS, It will not work, trust me.

1 Like

Re: Owerri Catholic Archbishop – Obinna Backs Nwosu’s Guber Ambition by Abagworo(m): 5:48pm On Mar 24, 2018
vengertime:
stop spreading fake news from our useless media who copy each other for content.

Imo state is not a FAMILY BUSINESS, It will not work, trust me.

So since the Bishop has said he can contest it is now a family business? The important deduction is that the fake news spread earlier that his supporters beat up the Arch-Bishop has not created any friction between Nwosu and Archbishop Obinna
Re: Owerri Catholic Archbishop – Obinna Backs Nwosu’s Guber Ambition by Abagworo(m): 6:26am On Mar 25, 2018
http://sunnewsonline.com/imo-guber-archbishop-obinna-makes-u-turn-endorses-nwosus-gov-ambition/

Archbishop Obinna makes U-turn, endorses Nwosu’s gov ambition
— 24th March 2018
Stanley Uzoaru, Owerri

The Catholic Archbishop of Owerri Diocese, Anthony Obinna, has reversed his earlier stand against the governorship ambition of the Chief of Staff to the Imo State governor, Uche Nwosu as he endorsed him to contest the 2019 governorship election in the state.

Archbishop Obinna stunned church faithful yesterday at the Owerri Asumpta Cathedral when he made a dramatic turn around asking the congregation to vote for Nwosu and APC.

“He is passing through difficult challenges as a young man with a promising future and aspiration to become a truthful leader”.

Archbishop Obinna who made the remark on Friday during a Cathedraticum Archbishop Support Service, held annually to support Church projects, had earlier vowed that the Chief of Staff will never take over from Rochas Okorocha as the next governor of the State.

His comments generated a lot of controversy following allegations that the clergy was attacked by APC supporters at a funeral church service, Owerri North, where he castigated Okorocha’s bid to impose his son-in-law as his successor.
Re: Owerri Catholic Archbishop – Obinna Backs Nwosu’s Guber Ambition by Atiku2019: 6:49am On Mar 25, 2018
wink
Re: Owerri Catholic Archbishop – Obinna Backs Nwosu’s Guber Ambition by sdindan: 7:07am On Mar 25, 2018
Abagworo:

That's the fact and whoever feels he can defeat him should go to the polls.

You know you are lying.

But continue.

(1) (Reply)

Gov Ayo Fayose Finally Speaks Out About Osun State Election / The Descendants Of Slaves Fight for Equality - The New Yorker / Heavy Gun Shots In Abuja As Security Operatives Tackles Shiites- Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.