Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,883 members, 7,802,853 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:19 PM

Frank Edwards: I Sold 'Okpa' For 10 Years And It Was My Daily Meal - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Frank Edwards: I Sold 'Okpa' For 10 Years And It Was My Daily Meal (36898 Views)

How I Sold My Cars, Lost My 40-Year-Old Son To Sickness — Alapini Osa / The Best Cars Frank Edwards Drives (Photos) / Hushpuppi: "I Sold Eva Water To Ice Prince" (Throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Frank Edwards: I Sold 'Okpa' For 10 Years And It Was My Daily Meal by EmagNig(m): 11:13am On Mar 24, 2018
Popular Nigerian gospel singer, Frank Edwards, who is known for a series of hit gospel songs, have taken to Instagram to write an emotional note on when he used to sell the popular meal 'Okpa'.

The singer mentioned that he sold okpa for about 10 years and it was always his breakfast and dinner everyday.

Frank Edwards has since gone far beyond poverty as he is obviously living in luxury now and at the same time having great connections within the society as well as in the gospel music scene. He has had collaborations with lots of international artistes, including top gospel singer Don Moen.

Read his note below:

You see this here it’s called okpa. My mum was making it and we were both selling it , this was my breakfast and dinner everyday... The process of making it was ridiculous.. my mom used fire wood and I was the one fanning the fire because kerosene was luxury.

So I had smoke entering my eyes 5 hours everyday for over 10 years except Sundays, my eyes were always Red until it became permanent then I started having eye problem cus I was always rubbing my eyes with dirty hands trying to clear the smoke..

Cus I didn’t understand why my vision was blurred ,, my mum had same issue too with her eyes,, regardless we still hit the road to sell.

BUT GUESS WHAT THAT WAS WHEN I DEVELOPED A STRONG & NATURAL BUSINESS MINDSET, I KNEW A LOT ABOUT MONEY EARLY , I KNEW HOW TO CONVINCE PEOPLE TO BUY, I KNEW THAT SMOKE IS NOT STRONG ENOUGH TO STOP ME, I KNEW THE ONES THAT BUY ON CREDIT AND NEVER PAY SO I ONLY GO TO THEM WHEN THE MARKET IS SO BAD .. BECAUSE ITS BETTER TO SELL ON CREDIT THAN TO HAVE IT SPOIL.. WHAT YOU ARE GOING THROUGH TODAY IS TRAINING , THOUGH IT MAY LOOK LIKE SUFFERING BUT ITS TRAINING , DONT LOOK FOR EASY WAY OUT , GO THROUGH IT AND COME OUT TOUGHER!!!

though today I have permanent red eyes to the point when some ppl see me they ask “Do you smoke” I’m like God forbid!� sometimes it hurts , most times I laugh because I’m like. . “ IF ONLY YOU KNOW “ but how ever I am a happy man and I have enough pages in my book of testimony to encourage my children. GO THROUGH IT AND ADD PAGES TO YOUR TESTIMONY BOOK! BECAUSE YOUR BLESSING IS READY WAITING, YOU ARE ONLY BEING TRAINED TO HANDLE IT.

https://lailasnews.com/gospel-singer-frank-edwards-pens-an-emotional-note-on-being-poor/

lalasticlala

33 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Frank Edwards: I Sold 'Okpa' For 10 Years And It Was My Daily Meal by Shedrack777: 11:18am On Mar 24, 2018
what da? words like these are not expected out of the mouth of a gospel musician. he be behaving like a street musician.
just motivate people and leave the past behind

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Frank Edwards: I Sold 'Okpa' For 10 Years And It Was My Daily Meal by benzene00: 11:19am On Mar 24, 2018
I'm already salivating over that plate of okpa

Can't wait to get back to my city so I can have a taste of our delicious native meal

If You are in Nigeria and you haven't eaten "okpa enugu state", You are missing alot

shocked

156 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Frank Edwards: I Sold 'Okpa' For 10 Years And It Was My Daily Meal by Clementz0(m): 11:22am On Mar 24, 2018
WATCHOUT FOR MINE...HIGHLY MOTIVATING..TEN YEARS NO BE BEANS OH,,MA NAIRALAND BET 9JA & G~BOIZ FOLKS WHO WANT TO RIDE RANGE OVER NIGHT OVA TO U!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Frank Edwards: I Sold 'Okpa' For 10 Years And It Was My Daily Meal by AdiscoPele: 11:51am On Mar 24, 2018
Gowon Yakubu shared in his facebook page list of achievements by past leaders irrespective of corruption. There was corruption in Nigeria when Awolowo built Cocoa House, TV station and the first university in Africa

There was corruption in Nigeria when IBB built Third Mainland Bridge, built Aso Rock, National Assembly Complex, turned Abuja into our Federal capital territory.

http://www.newslinknaija.com/2018/03/politics-gowon-yakubu-blast-buhari-stop.html

There was corruption in Nigeria when Obasanjo brought Gsm, banking reform, police reform, civil defense, There was corruption in Nigeria when Jonathan introduced BVN and PVC, built 12 new federal universities, revamped railway lines, made Our economy fastest growing in Africa & third in the world.

http://www.newslinknaija.com/2018/03/politics-gowon-yakubu-blast-buhari-stop.html

If anyone tell you the reason Buhari is not working is because he inherited corruption, tell them great leaders don't blame people and events for their failures. They simply accept responsibility and move on. Ask them, what has Buhari done after all the fake promise of fixing power in 6wks, reducing pump price to #45 naira, making N1 equal to a $ 1, stopping Boko Haram etc. It's a shame.

The inferno truth is, corruption started from heaven when Satan violated a privilege given him. That never stop God's works.

He waited for God to create man and brought his lawlessness and corruption into the garden of eden.

God wasn't moved. He introduced a redemption plan. The Savior was born. Sadly, Judas Iscariot was there. 

Not discouraged yet, He gave us God the Holy Spirit.

If anyone tell you the reason Buhari is not working is because he inherited corruption, tell them corruption is rooted in the DNA of homo sapiens ( Latin: wise man ) because we are just mere mortal infected with a virus of good & evil.

Yet, great leaders don't blame people and events for their failures. They simply accept responsibility and move on.

#InecWillNotCountPrayerPointsButVotes. Please, strive and endeavor to collect your PVC.

84 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Frank Edwards: I Sold 'Okpa' For 10 Years And It Was My Daily Meal by delugajackson: 11:55am On Mar 24, 2018
shocked

Probaby, some people may get to where they want to be by a quick fix or short-cut but they will inevitably lose some fundamental lessons of life due to being too hasty and uneasy on the journey of life. It's like a plane that loses its course or track in the air when clouded by midst of invisibility, wandering here and there in the air. Plus nose-dives are predictive of the plane.

To champion the revolution of our individual lives, readiness to learn life's intrinsic, fundamental lessons and principles are crucial. A baby cannot become a grown up in a day. That's odd in this world.
I celebrate you, Mr. Edwards.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Frank Edwards: I Sold 'Okpa' For 10 Years And It Was My Daily Meal by sotall(m): 3:56pm On Mar 24, 2018
Ok

1 Like

Re: Frank Edwards: I Sold 'Okpa' For 10 Years And It Was My Daily Meal by Nobody: 3:57pm On Mar 24, 2018
Indeed this made my day

4 Likes

Re: Frank Edwards: I Sold 'Okpa' For 10 Years And It Was My Daily Meal by ALAYORMII: 3:57pm On Mar 24, 2018
One sell rat poison

One sell banana

One na okada man

Ur own na okpa

Isokay

3 Likes

Re: Frank Edwards: I Sold 'Okpa' For 10 Years And It Was My Daily Meal by javijabor: 3:58pm On Mar 24, 2018
Everyone that has made small money is always trying to form humble beginnings.

Abeg park well. undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Frank Edwards: I Sold 'Okpa' For 10 Years And It Was My Daily Meal by Strongbest(m): 3:58pm On Mar 24, 2018
God is still in the business of changing life; lifting a begger from the street and making the poor to walk in higher places, making them sit with kings.

It doesn't matter your situation or condition right now, just work hard and believe in GOD.

Morale: With God all things are possible.

www.nairaland.com/1798724/

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Frank Edwards: I Sold 'Okpa' For 10 Years And It Was My Daily Meal by Benjom(m): 3:58pm On Mar 24, 2018
Now your story has changed cheesy

The fastest way to a new job is with a new and AWESOME CV. Here are catchy samples:
https://.com/cv-samples

1 Like

Re: Frank Edwards: I Sold 'Okpa' For 10 Years And It Was My Daily Meal by BabatCargo(m): 3:58pm On Mar 24, 2018
Hustle indeed

Ship from China at $4.5/kg...Contact
Re: Frank Edwards: I Sold 'Okpa' For 10 Years And It Was My Daily Meal by Esomchi800(m): 3:59pm On Mar 24, 2018
Okay I ate okpa for four years it was my breakfast Next please

1 Like

Re: Frank Edwards: I Sold 'Okpa' For 10 Years And It Was My Daily Meal by ifex370(m): 3:59pm On Mar 24, 2018
God's favour has evidently shone upon you.. Period, end of story...

Next!!
Re: Frank Edwards: I Sold 'Okpa' For 10 Years And It Was My Daily Meal by seenter84: 3:59pm On Mar 24, 2018
How is okpa made?
Re: Frank Edwards: I Sold 'Okpa' For 10 Years And It Was My Daily Meal by Nobody: 3:59pm On Mar 24, 2018
Dude even looks like Okpa too
Re: Frank Edwards: I Sold 'Okpa' For 10 Years And It Was My Daily Meal by ameri9ja: 3:59pm On Mar 24, 2018
Ok, what should we fry? (Please don't say okpa).

Actually it's a very inspiring story.

But how about people who ate okpa for ten years and are still poor and still eating it today??

2 Likes

Re: Frank Edwards: I Sold 'Okpa' For 10 Years And It Was My Daily Meal by biggy26: 3:59pm On Mar 24, 2018
Wow!
Re: Frank Edwards: I Sold 'Okpa' For 10 Years And It Was My Daily Meal by ZombieTAMER: 4:02pm On Mar 24, 2018
He go talk say the Papa na dangote before undecided
Re: Frank Edwards: I Sold 'Okpa' For 10 Years And It Was My Daily Meal by Pavore9: 4:02pm On Mar 24, 2018
Okpa is very nutritious, at least one will not look malnourished! I know those way back who used to take okpa alongside tea before heading out for lectures! cheesy cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Frank Edwards: I Sold 'Okpa' For 10 Years And It Was My Daily Meal by Adefemiaderoju1: 4:02pm On Mar 24, 2018
Life is all about struggles and each and every one of us has our own testimonies.
Re: Frank Edwards: I Sold 'Okpa' For 10 Years And It Was My Daily Meal by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:03pm On Mar 24, 2018
DO NOT DESPISE THE DAYS OF LITTLE BEGINNING.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Frank Edwards: I Sold 'Okpa' For 10 Years And It Was My Daily Meal by bestman09(m): 4:03pm On Mar 24, 2018
Well said
Re: Frank Edwards: I Sold 'Okpa' For 10 Years And It Was My Daily Meal by Femijohn198: 4:03pm On Mar 24, 2018
I enjoyed okpa when I was serving my father land four years ago in Enugu state..
Re: Frank Edwards: I Sold 'Okpa' For 10 Years And It Was My Daily Meal by chicoMX(m): 4:03pm On Mar 24, 2018
Frank has always been ever humble, even before the fame and his hits.. May God bless my hustle too!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Frank Edwards: I Sold 'Okpa' For 10 Years And It Was My Daily Meal by Nodogragra4me(m): 4:04pm On Mar 24, 2018
EmagNig:
Popular Nigerian gospel singer, Frank Edwards, who is known for a series of hit gospel songs, have taken to Instagram to write an emotional note on when he used to sell the popular meal 'Okpa'.

The singer mentioned that he sold okpa for about 10 years and it was always his breakfast and dinner everyday.

Frank Edwards has since gone far beyond poverty as he is obviously living in luxury now and at the same time having great connections within the society as well as in the gospel music scene. He has had collaborations with lots of international artistes, including top gospel singer Don Moen.

Read his note below:

https://lailasnews.com/gospel-singer-frank-edwards-pens-an-emotional-note-on-being-poor/

lalasticlala

Please post this as article... Thank you

www.tribuneonlineng.com/obiano-appoints-special-advisers-heads-of-agencies/
Re: Frank Edwards: I Sold 'Okpa' For 10 Years And It Was My Daily Meal by Nobody: 4:04pm On Mar 24, 2018
Just as he left okpa,he refused to leave smoking.

With this guy,I believe that smoking is a dfifferent race,christianity is different race.

But the question is "this guy still smokes,do tobacco or weed gives him insipiration to praise God? undecided
Re: Frank Edwards: I Sold 'Okpa' For 10 Years And It Was My Daily Meal by Emeskhalifa(m): 4:05pm On Mar 24, 2018
Pishure or i don bilivit
Re: Frank Edwards: I Sold 'Okpa' For 10 Years And It Was My Daily Meal by free2ryhme: 4:05pm On Mar 24, 2018
EmagNig:

Read his note below:

lalasticlala

Everyone who left poverty suddenly become a motivational speaker

1 Like

Re: Frank Edwards: I Sold 'Okpa' For 10 Years And It Was My Daily Meal by maj59(m): 4:05pm On Mar 24, 2018
u again Edward.... na wao make I no talk sha

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Korede Bello Shares Throwback Photo. Fans React "Jesus is Lord" / Limpopo King Rocked A Private Party With Top Politicians At Abuja  / Okiemute Ighorodje: How I Intend To Spend My N5million Grand Prize

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.