Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,707 members, 7,805,896 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:12 AM

Ferguson: I'd Pay £60m To Have Ronaldo Back! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Ferguson: I'd Pay £60m To Have Ronaldo Back! (8193 Views)

Poll: C. Ronaldo vs Messi. In your opinion, which player is worth more?

Lional Messi: 49% (106 votes)
Christiano Ronaldo: 50% (108 votes)
This poll has ended

Alex Ferguson’s Last Chewed Gum For Sale On E-bay / Crimes Rate In Mexico Go Down When Chicharito Plays-cops Plead On Ferguson / Rafa Benitez Vs Alex Ferguson- The Mind Games Continues! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ferguson: I'd Pay £60m To Have Ronaldo Back! by Kinezeala(m): 4:25pm On May 04, 2010
Na wa o for man u,dey wnt seize 2 fascinate me

Sir Alex Ferguson says he would not pay £60 million for any player except Cristiano Ronaldo.

Manchester United have struggled to maintain their dominance this season following Ronaldo's £80 million move to Real Madrid in the summer, and Ferguson has always insisted the funds from that sale are still available.

However, he insists it is not his way to spend £60 million on a player and says there is no chance he would offer a similar fee for anyone except Ronaldo.

Asked if he would pay that amount for Lionel Messi, he said: "No. I'd pay £60 million to take Cristiano Ronaldo back but that's about it.
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=780510
Re: Ferguson: I'd Pay £60m To Have Ronaldo Back! by snowdrops(m): 4:28pm On May 04, 2010
For such an important claim, you need to back it with the full article and source.
Re: Ferguson: I'd Pay £60m To Have Ronaldo Back! by Kinezeala(m): 5:56pm On May 04, 2010
snowdrops:

For such an important claim, you need to back it with the full article and source.
can't post any link here,dem go ban me lol
Re: Ferguson: I'd Pay £60m To Have Ronaldo Back! by 1stknight(m): 1:51pm On May 05, 2010
I saw dat on soccernet on sunday.
Re: Ferguson: I'd Pay £60m To Have Ronaldo Back! by shadrach77: 4:58pm On May 05, 2010
alex ferguson needs to have his head examined grin grin
Re: Ferguson: I'd Pay £60m To Have Ronaldo Back! by dayokanu(m): 5:11pm On May 05, 2010
Senility
Re: Ferguson: I'd Pay £60m To Have Ronaldo Back! by misterh(m): 5:20pm On May 05, 2010
dayokanu:

Senility
You no dey alright. I sense you are not a fan of Man. Utd. He is experienced enough to know what he wants. Senility my foot.
Re: Ferguson: I'd Pay £60m To Have Ronaldo Back! by Nobody: 5:21pm On May 05, 2010
Sir senile is at it again
Re: Ferguson: I'd Pay £60m To Have Ronaldo Back! by Princemuba(m): 5:33pm On May 05, 2010
Well he must have a reason for saying such a thing, I am sure Guadiola will also say he cant buy any player for such amount other than Messi and Ancelloti will also say other than Drogba so every manager has its reason although sentimental sometimes, BLUES 4 EVER
Re: Ferguson: I'd Pay £60m To Have Ronaldo Back! by denony(m): 5:43pm On May 05, 2010
but that is exactly the truth.

business wise.
Re: Ferguson: I'd Pay £60m To Have Ronaldo Back! by blackmann(m): 5:52pm On May 05, 2010
i don't know about worth but left to me Messi is more of a round-of-way player than CR7. Messiis that kinda player who will go get the ball, go help out in the defense and all, but for CR7, i feel his ego sometimes gets to him. Being the best player in the premiership has somewhat gotten to his head and i feel he sees himself as some sort of demi-god in madrid. there was one of the matches i watched(can't remeber which) where he was robbed of the ball(unfairly i may add), and he was complaining to the ref. The same incident happened to messi a few days later, but in his case, he chased this said player who robbed him mof the ball all the way back to his defense and got the ball back. I'm not taking away the point that CR7 is a superb player, but to me there are other things to consider before deciding on who's the better player. Each player has his own strenghts and weaknesses, but to me CR7 lacks some traits that messi has.

2 Likes

Re: Ferguson: I'd Pay £60m To Have Ronaldo Back! by mamagee3(f): 5:53pm On May 05, 2010
Unbelievable!
Re: Ferguson: I'd Pay £60m To Have Ronaldo Back! by johnterry4: 6:03pm On May 05, 2010
[size=16pt]sir alex furguson should not be allowed to talk unless he takes his drugs.he ought to be in the psychatric home.he is known to say poo.he once said that:
the average age of chelsea players is the highest in the world only to deny that he said it.
he opens his mouth to accuse any ref that does not award silly penalties to man u.

In my view,he needs to be forced to retired.

messi is 2 times better than ronaldo.

[/size]
Re: Ferguson: I'd Pay £60m To Have Ronaldo Back! by toideve(m): 6:28pm On May 05, 2010
I prefer CR7 to some Messi
Re: Ferguson: I'd Pay £60m To Have Ronaldo Back! by tunyus(m): 6:37pm On May 05, 2010
alex ferguson is very right here
C.RONALDO IS VERY LIVELY AND MARKETABLE THAN ANY SOCCER PLAYER IN THE WORLD
Re: Ferguson: I'd Pay £60m To Have Ronaldo Back! by BoboNaStar: 6:44pm On May 05, 2010
Alex Ferguson is totally correct, we need to remember that in these days of football, the players value is also down to his media personality, this is why David Beckham is still raking in millions despite being way past his prime. Messi is a somewhat humble, quiet player compared to Ronaldo whose 'arrogance' and the way he composes himself makes him a player whom the media would love to report on,

In terms of ability Messi and Ronaldo are probably on equal footing, maybe Messi is a better dribbler
But in terms of Image and Media Cristiano Ronaldo is miles ahead

Just My Opinion cheesy
Re: Ferguson: I'd Pay £60m To Have Ronaldo Back! by omar22(m): 6:48pm On May 05, 2010
Lionel Messi used to have a buyout clause of £110m but On 18 September 2009, Messi signed a new contract with Barcelona, running until 2016 and with a buy-out clause of €250 million included, making Messi, along with Zlatan Ibrahimovic, the highest paid players in La Liga, with earnings of around €9.5 million a year
Re: Ferguson: I'd Pay £60m To Have Ronaldo Back! by Digriz(m): 6:52pm On May 05, 2010
messi is good and no doubt about it bt CR7 is a better investment than messi.messi will deliver for you in terms of result and winning trophies which CR can do as well. But the name C,RONALDO is an essential commodity with a higher value for your money invested.
Re: Ferguson: I'd Pay £60m To Have Ronaldo Back! by BoboNaStar: 6:55pm On May 05, 2010
johnterry4:

[size=16pt]sir alex furguson should not be allowed to talk unless he takes his drugs.he ought to be in the psychatric home.he is known to say poo.he once said that:
the average age of chelsea players is the highest in the world only to deny that he said it.
he opens his mouth to accuse any ref that does not award silly penalties to man u.

In my view,he needs to be forced to retired.

messi is 2 times better than ronaldo.

[/size]

And why should he be forced to retire?, He's still winning trophies more consistently than most managers in the WORLD
Re: Ferguson: I'd Pay £60m To Have Ronaldo Back! by nickybayo(f): 7:08pm On May 05, 2010
i disagree with sir alex
Re: Ferguson: I'd Pay £60m To Have Ronaldo Back! by Nobody: 7:10pm On May 05, 2010
Lord Have Messi! Who twisted the title men? Messi is playing football with Jesus - Maradona.
Re: Ferguson: I'd Pay £60m To Have Ronaldo Back! by princekevo(m): 7:18pm On May 05, 2010
Na for this football wey all of us dey watching?
How can ferguson make such a comment now? Is he on drugs or what?
Re: Ferguson: I'd Pay £60m To Have Ronaldo Back! by elampiro(m): 7:44pm On May 05, 2010
Both are great players. But I think Messi is surrounded by greater players when compared to Ronaldo, hence the other players have influence in his game. Ronaldo has proven in two separate clubs what he is capable of doing even with little help around him. If I were a soccer coach I will prefer Ronaldo in my team. He is sure a sure bet. Messi might not do well outside Barca. He might just flop like Chevcheko did in Chelsea. [/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000]
Re: Ferguson: I'd Pay £60m To Have Ronaldo Back! by PurestBoy(m): 7:51pm On May 05, 2010
Mr(not sir) Alex FerGAYssun-dat foolish old gay shld dishonourably retire & die instead of embarrasing himself dat the crybaby and diver called crynaldo is worth more than Lion Messi
Re: Ferguson: I'd Pay £60m To Have Ronaldo Back! by xtianh(m): 8:03pm On May 05, 2010
I know Sir Alex must be jealous, except he is blind or under drug will he say such a thing or he is just being sentimental,
I choose Messi cuz he has proven his worth and he still has more to show, i love Good football so i vote for messi
Re: Ferguson: I'd Pay £60m To Have Ronaldo Back! by dipo2much(m): 8:04pm On May 05, 2010
Ferguson is only tripping. Messi is even younger than CR. He is definitely gonna worth more than C-ro
Re: Ferguson: I'd Pay £60m To Have Ronaldo Back! by PurestBoy(m): 8:06pm On May 05, 2010
elampiro:

Both are great players. But I think Messi is surrounded by greater players when compared to Ronaldo, hence the other players have influence in his game. Ronaldo has proven in two separate clubs what he is capable of doing even with little help around him. If I were a soccer coach I will prefer Ronaldo in my team. He is sure a sure bet. Messi might not do well outside Barca. He might just flop like Chevcheko did in Chelsea. [/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000]

Are u also high on drug like fergayssun? If ur crynaldo is not having d kind of players MESSI has in Barca, would he be able to score 42goals last season or triumph in Madrid dis season? Are u saying he does his playing all alone without support from his professional team-mates? Moreover, no player is not 4 sale if only d buyer can beat d price tag and that I think make Messi worth more than D fake ronaldo.
Is there anyone in agreement with me?
Re: Ferguson: I'd Pay £60m To Have Ronaldo Back! by ReLaTE(m): 8:08pm On May 05, 2010
@purestboy
i can see dat you've bn bearing grudges against AF may be u are one of this violent fans(tout) of Chelsea;  we know you people by your words and action.
Re: Ferguson: I'd Pay £60m To Have Ronaldo Back! by Kay17: 9:56pm On May 05, 2010
i think CR is more versatile and adaptive into any team, unlike Messi who suits a team with total football, just like Barca, Bremen. i do not think he would perform well in teams like Inter, Chelsea who prefer volleyball!
Re: Ferguson: I'd Pay £60m To Have Ronaldo Back! by izby(m): 9:57pm On May 05, 2010
who has the right answer?
Re: Ferguson: I'd Pay £60m To Have Ronaldo Back! by alleno: 10:01pm On May 05, 2010
What esle would you expect him to say! duhhhh!
Re: Ferguson: I'd Pay £60m To Have Ronaldo Back! by 9jafreak: 10:24pm On May 05, 2010
[size=14pt]Not a Man Utd Fan but Sir Alex is SPOT ON!

Messi is only GREAT in Barcelona. Put him elsewhere and see him struggle (he is darn good but not as great as we make him look)

CR7 in his first season in an instable R.Madrid has single-handedly BRIGHTENED Madrid's season

Just scored his 3rd goal against Mallorca, from a goal down!

7 goals in C.League for only about 4-5 matches less than Messi

I'll pay 100 million for CR9, 90 for Messi, 90 for Xavi and 75 for Rooney & a fully-fit Torres[/size]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sunderland Vs Arsenal (0 - 1) On 9th February 2013 / Euro2012: Football Fan Dies After Going Eleven Nights Without Sleep / Liverpool Vs Aston Villa (0 - 1) - Live

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.