Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,295 members, 7,808,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:23 AM

Infinix Hot S3 Official Discussion Thread - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Infinix Hot S3 Official Discussion Thread (32338 Views)

Infinix Note 5 Official Discussion Thread / Infinix Hot 6 Pro X608 Official Discussion Thread / TECNO Camon X/X Pro Official Discussion Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Infinix Hot S3 Official Discussion Thread by Nobody: 8:01am On Mar 30, 2018
emeraldlife:

FaceID is not impractical or may be update fixed the vulnerability.

You seemed too confident quoting people who disagree with Apple's implementation of the Faceid.
We know that it's secure but a handful of videos r available to show that it is hackable. Some security firms can do that for u for a few buck.
Apple once said that it's 1 out of a billion but today, Asians with similar looks can unlock the damn thing.

Am enjoying every known tech today. Enjoy it also and stop making ur preference obvious.

You got me all wrong, especially when you said I have a preference for Face ID.

But it's okay, Let's just all enjoy today's tech trends!
Re: Infinix Hot S3 Official Discussion Thread by tbadejo25: 8:07am On Mar 30, 2018
henry007:
Here's all you need to know about the Infinix S3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jienrd-I2DA

Display Size: 5.7″ HD+ 

Display Type: IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen
Resolution: 720 X 1440 pixels, 18:9 ratio (~282 ppi density)
Chipset: Qualcomm MSM8937 Snapdragon 430
CPU: Octa-core 1.4 GHz Cortex-A53
GPU: Adreno 505
Network: GSM/HSPA+/LTE
SIM: True Dual Nano SIM
Primary Camera: 13MP Auto focus with dual LED Flash
Secondary Camera: 20MP Fixed Focus with dual LED Flash
Memory: 32GB Storage Expandable via Micro SD up to 128GB
RAM: 3GB

Battery Capacity: 4000mAh battery

Security: Face ID and Fingerprint
Notification LED
Connectivity: GPS, WiFi, Bluetooth 4.2, USB 2.0, OTG

And a really quick video of how to set up Face ID on the Infinix S3 and a quick speed comparison with the Face ID on the iPhone X.

Which do you think would win?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b91filSdels&t=1s

Ask any question about the Infinix Hot S3 on this thread.
Cheers!

Nice phone. How much?
Re: Infinix Hot S3 Official Discussion Thread by Segunhife(m): 8:32am On Mar 30, 2018
henry007:

He might be disappointed. Samsung doesn't push updates for their budget devices frequently while with Xiaomi, there are regular updates and one "stable" update would could ruin his entire experience.
i dont agree with you. most xaiomi product push updates for their devices
Re: Infinix Hot S3 Official Discussion Thread by Oluwadare316(m): 8:38am On Mar 30, 2018
goodoo:
Pls advice me am just confused with dis infinix hot s3,I just bought my phone last December, Samsung galaxy j7 neo at rate of #72000 at slot ikeja, I'm thinking of selling d phone so dat i can get the infinix hot s3.
. pls don't be deceive by the review and other things, u can go for xiaomi phones with better specs and quality than infinix hot s 3
Re: Infinix Hot S3 Official Discussion Thread by henry007(m): 8:40am On Mar 30, 2018
Segunhife:
i dont agree with you. most xaiomi product push updates for their devices

You read that wrong.
Re: Infinix Hot S3 Official Discussion Thread by ClassyJay(m): 9:11am On Mar 30, 2018
[quote author=henry007 post=66135003]Here's all you need to know about the Infinix S3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jienrd-I2DA

Display Size: 5.7″ HD+ 

Display Type: IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen
Resolution: 720 X 1440 pixels, 18:9 ratio (~282 ppi density)
Chipset: Qualcomm MSM8937 Snapdragon 430
CPU: Octa-core 1.4 GHz Cortex-A53
GPU: Adreno 505
Network: GSM/HSPA+/LTE
SIM: True Dual Nano SIM
Primary Camera: 13MP Auto focus with dual LED Flash
Secondary Camera: 20MP Fixed Focus with dual LED Flash
Memory: 32GB Storage Expandable via Micro SD up to 128GB
RAM: 3GB

Battery Capacity: 4000mAh battery

Security: Face ID and Fingerprint
Notification LED
Connectivity: GPS, WiFi, Bluetooth 4.2, USB 2.0, OTG

And a really quick video of how to set up Face ID on the Infinix S3 and a quick speed comparison with the Face ID on the iPhone X.

Which do you think would win?Is The Hot S3 4GB/64GB VARIANT out
Re: Infinix Hot S3 Official Discussion Thread by JohnGainsville(m): 9:21am On Mar 30, 2018
coolhow much is the Infinix Hot S3 how much is the Infinix Hot S3 how much is the Infinix Hot S3
Re: Infinix Hot S3 Official Discussion Thread by henry007(m): 9:52am On Mar 30, 2018
ClassyJay:
Which do you think would win?Is The Hot S3 4GB/64GB VARIANT out

I don't think that variant is for the Nigerian market.

tbadejo25:

Nice phone. How much?

N62,200
Re: Infinix Hot S3 Official Discussion Thread by ollah2: 10:18am On Mar 30, 2018
henry007:

You just had to be racist, didn't you? angry

Well no, he said the truth. It happened actually
Re: Infinix Hot S3 Official Discussion Thread by Nobody: 10:19am On Mar 30, 2018
Tiffbuxas:
I can't risk my face oo... I don't trust technology anymore... I'd rather stick to my finger sucking prints
fingerprint is the less secure features. Pin or password is the best
Re: Infinix Hot S3 Official Discussion Thread by Nobody: 10:29am On Mar 30, 2018
greenhulk:

Baba nice one. But u urself know u cannot trust the face id on the infinix, even Samsung galaxy s9 intelligent scan still can't match iPhone X's face id. I just think comparing it with the iPhone X was not necessary. Nice feature to have though, but just like u said.. if I have this phone I'll stick with using the fingerprint. cheers
and who told you? Samsung face id uses iris scanner and face id at the same time. Talk what you know biko.. Have you seen oneplus5t face id? . Its the fastest among iPhone X and Sammy.
Re: Infinix Hot S3 Official Discussion Thread by Nobody: 10:48am On Mar 30, 2018
CHESTER48:
and who told you? Samsung face id uses iris scanner and face id at the same time. Talk what you know biko.. Have you seen oneplus5t face id? . Its the fastest among iPhone X and Sammy.

There we go again with the OnePlus 5T facial unlock. For God's sake even OnePlus states that their facial unlock is just for convenience and not the most secure. That thing uses only the front facing camera, no any other sensors involved so tell me why won't it be the fastest?

1 Like

Re: Infinix Hot S3 Official Discussion Thread by babsy01(m): 11:50am On Mar 30, 2018
How much is the phone
Re: Infinix Hot S3 Official Discussion Thread by Mastarcard: 12:28pm On Mar 30, 2018
Have you seen the blush gold?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqMIPMKUAuY
Re: Infinix Hot S3 Official Discussion Thread by Nobody: 1:45pm On Mar 30, 2018
greenhulk:

Baba nice one. But u urself know u cannot trust the face id on the infinix, even Samsung galaxy s9 intelligent scan still can't match iPhone X's face id. I just think comparing it with the iPhone X was not necessary. Nice feature to have though, but just like u said.. if I have this phone I'll stick with using the fingerprint. cheers
and who told you? Samsung face id uses iris scanner and face id at the same time. Talk what you know biko.. Have you seen oneplus5t face id. Its the fastest among iPhone X and Sammy.
Re: Infinix Hot S3 Official Discussion Thread by henry007(m): 3:30pm On Mar 30, 2018
JohnGainsville:
coolhow much is the Infinix Hot S3 how much is the Infinix Hot S3 how much is the Infinix Hot S3

Re: Infinix Hot S3 Official Discussion Thread by ClassyJay(m): 3:55pm On Mar 30, 2018
henry007:

I don't think that variant is for the Nigerian market.

N62,200
okay
Re: Infinix Hot S3 Official Discussion Thread by Kayman3(m): 3:14am On Mar 31, 2018
is the phone (hot s3) equipped with wifi direct for screen casting to all these snart televist
Re: Infinix Hot S3 Official Discussion Thread by Kayman3(m): 3:15am On Mar 31, 2018
is the phone (hot s3) equipped with wifi direct for screen casting to all these smart television. ,
Re: Infinix Hot S3 Official Discussion Thread by henry007(m): 8:08am On Mar 31, 2018
Kayman3:
is the phone (hot s3) equipped with wifi direct for screen casting to all these smart television. ,

Yes

Re: Infinix Hot S3 Official Discussion Thread by tbadejo25: 1:04am On Apr 01, 2018
CHESTER48:
and who told you? Samsung face id uses iris scanner and face id at the same time. Talk what you know biko.. Have you seen oneplus5t face id. Its the fastest among iPhone X and Sammy.

People just want to overate something coz their marketing team is doing a wonderful job.
Re: Infinix Hot S3 Official Discussion Thread by Jayson504(m): 10:53am On Apr 01, 2018
henry007:

Yes
How can I take screenshots without allowing that home button on the screen to show?
Re: Infinix Hot S3 Official Discussion Thread by Anegbettedude: 11:53am On Apr 01, 2018
Here is wishing everyone a warm Easter celebration from Infinix Nigeria. May the good of the season rest with you all

Re: Infinix Hot S3 Official Discussion Thread by henry007(m): 1:41pm On Apr 01, 2018
Jayson504:
How can I take screenshots without allowing that home button on the screen to show?

There's an arrow key on the extreme left for hiding the function keys

Re: Infinix Hot S3 Official Discussion Thread by TheBulusNotes(m): 7:52pm On Apr 01, 2018
Decale:

Enough with the balderdash, young man.

Go read on the reasons why the Face ID was maneuvered. You have Google but you instead chose to be ignorant. Spoiler alert, Face ID wasn't well set up on those phones.

Hacked by many? Who's this guy? Face ID is more accurate than fingerprint or iris scanner. You think it's to use someone's finger to unlock a phone while sleeping is what we're talking about? Or lift a print from a mug? If you haven't used the iPhone X Face ID, enter a store and see how good it is.

Apple didn't invent the notch I agree but they are the leading power consumer. Some of their implemented features become popular and get adopted by other OEMs including Samsung. Which phone brand will follow Essential and Sharp to do notch?

It's after Apple did, other brands went crazy with the concept. Same as Touch ID, dual cameras, headphone jack removal, etc...

Dude I just said Apple uses the same technology as Microsoft kinect for face id

Even their screen,,,, Samsung had to produce it for the iPhone X since Samsung are the master of screens
Re: Infinix Hot S3 Official Discussion Thread by Nobody: 8:25pm On Apr 01, 2018
TheBulusNotes:

*Even their screen,,,, Samsung had to produce it for the iPhone X since Samsung are the master of screens*
You see, you got the asterisked part partly wrong.

It's true that Samsung supplied Apple with iPhone X screen. But, Apple tuned these screens to their own standards and specifications, so much so that, Samsung can't lay claim on the quality of screens on the iPhone X.

See it as Samsung providing the semi-finished products, while Apple works with that to make the finished product.
Re: Infinix Hot S3 Official Discussion Thread by Decale: 9:04pm On Apr 01, 2018
TheBulusNotes:

Even their screen,,,, Samsung had to produce it for the iPhone X since Samsung are the master of screens

And? Did you say anything intelligent?

Apple bought components just like other OEMs do and used it on their phones, even making it better.

What does that have to do with Face ID being accurate?
Re: Infinix Hot S3 Official Discussion Thread by Nobody: 9:18pm On Apr 01, 2018
Decale:

Apple bought components just like other OEMs do and used it on their phones, even making it better.

Bros the thing just tire me. Apple contract companies to make their parts, Samsung are the biggest Oled suppliers. When they use to make chips for Apple people said what will Apple do if Samsung stop making their chips.. well Apple dropped Samsung for the A10 and A11 chips and those chips are even better. But Apple make their own software and nobody talks. What do Samsung have in terms of software? They even tried to copy Siri first with S voice which failed and now with Bixby which nobody uses.

The point is no company can be a jack of all trade, Apple thrives in software (IOS abd Mac), what do Samsung have? Let me guess Tizen? Lol. Thank God for Google and Microsoft.
Re: Infinix Hot S3 Official Discussion Thread by Decale: 9:32pm On Apr 01, 2018
greenhulk:

Bros the thing just tire me. Apple contract companies to make their parts, Samsung are the biggest Oled suppliers. When they use to make chips for Apple people said what will Apple do if Samsung stop making their chips.. well Apple dropped Samsung for the A10 and A11 chips and those chips are even better. But Apple make their own software and nobody talks. What do Samsung have in terms of software? They even tried to copy Siri first with S voice which failed and now with Bixby which nobody uses.

The point is no company can be a jack of all trade, Apple thrives in software (IOS abd Mac), what do Samsung have? Let me guess Tizen? Lol. Thank God for Google and Microsoft.

Samsung also buys Sony camera sensors, Qualcomm SOCs, etc
Huawei does
Xiaomi does
LG, Sony, etc, etc

This is the order of the world. I don't know how people see that as an opportunity for comparison.
Re: Infinix Hot S3 Official Discussion Thread by TheBulusNotes(m): 10:58pm On Apr 01, 2018
adeboyewareez:

You see, you got the asterisked part partly wrong.

It's true that Samsung supplied Apple with iPhone X screen. But, Apple tuned these screens to their own standards and specifications, so much so that, Samsung can't lay claim on the quality of screens on the iPhone X.

See it as Samsung providing the semi-finished products, while Apple works with that to make the finished product.
Decale:

OK face Id is accurate....

But note apple is building a in display fingerprint

Note vivo launched in display fingerprint

And huawei made it mainstream with the huawei mate RS Porsche Design (3x more expensive than iPhone X,,,,,, and the reasons are clear)

Again face id is accurate but every security system has a flaw
Re: Infinix Hot S3 Official Discussion Thread by LaudableXX: 8:32am On Apr 02, 2018
Anegbettedude:
Here is wishing everyone a warm Easter celebration from Infinix Nigeria. May the good of the season rest with you all

Infinix phones are rubbbish, hopeless, useless phones. Give them 6 months and they start behaving abnormally...mtcheew! angry After-sales back up is even worse! So keep your greetings to yourself! No one needs it!
Re: Infinix Hot S3 Official Discussion Thread by edewojames(m): 8:45am On Apr 02, 2018
I writes about the Infinix Hot S3. Read please.
Every Single Feature of the Infinix Hot S3 worth it's Price https://www.technologywatch.com.ng/2018/03/every-single-feature-infinix-hot-s3-price.html

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Infinix Note 7 Review After 2 Weeks Of Use / Unveiling Of The TECNO SPARK 10 Series (specifications And Images) / MTN Hires Eric Holder To Challenge $3.9b Fine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.