Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,510 members, 7,808,865 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:16 PM

Would Heaven Not Be Boring? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Would Heaven Not Be Boring? (2096 Views)

The Body Of Christ Is In Heaven, Not On Earth. *Update: Paul's Also Said This. / A Perfect World Or Heaven. Not Really As Good As You Think / Will Heaven Be Boring? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would Heaven Not Be Boring? by Mowoe(m): 7:05pm On Mar 25, 2018
For those of us who are Christians we often get to hear people say "every other activity would end here on earth except for Praise and Worship". We've heard many times even in church that when we get to heaven (For those who would make it there anyways), all we would do is offer songs of praise to God endlessly and for all eternity; continuously chanting "hallelujah". There's even a popular song we sing which says "hallelujah is the heavenly language" which further supports this Heaven "all praise" thingy. If that's what heaven is really like, would it not be better off to be on earth? Why should we struggles so much to live holy lives just because we want to "sing hallelujah" for eternity, knowing that eternity is a very long time? Would it not be better to live as you want here on earth and go to hell where you'd probably get used to the heat in no time (On a lighter note though). Many of us hate our jobs so much because we have to do thesame thing every other day and we find it boring so much so that the only reason we're still holding on to those jobs is because of the unemployment situation around us. This brings me to ask the question; if heaven is actually a place where we get to sing songs for eternity, would it not be a boring place to go to?
Re: Would Heaven Not Be Boring? by izzou(m): 7:13pm On Mar 25, 2018
Why look for companions as your embark on your journey to hell?

grin

If you feel heaven will be boring, have a safe trip to hell. grin

1 Like

Re: Would Heaven Not Be Boring? by Nobody: 7:51pm On Mar 25, 2018
Heaven is a state of mind. You should worry about creating your own heaven here on earth first

2 Likes

Re: Would Heaven Not Be Boring? by josh123(m): 7:57pm On Mar 25, 2018
However one will not be bored,the only thing that will get bored is our flesh and we wont take it to heaven

2 Likes

Re: Would Heaven Not Be Boring? by heendrix(m): 8:01pm On Mar 25, 2018
Mowoe:
For those of us who are Christians we often get to hear people say "every other activity would end here on earth except for Praise and Worship". We've heard many times even in church that when we get to heaven (For those who would make it there anyways), all we would do is offer songs of praise to God endlessly and for all eternity; continuously chanting "hallelujah". There's even a popular song we sing which says "hallelujah is the heavenly language" which further supports this Heaven "all praise" thingy. If that's what heaven is really like, would it not be better off to be on earth? Why should we struggles so much to live holy lives just because we want to "sing hallelujah" for eternity, knowing that eternity is a very long time? Would it not be better to live as you want here on earth and go to hell where you'd probably get used to the heat in no time (On a lighter note though). Many of us hate our jobs so much because we have to do thesame thing every other day and we find it boring so much so that the only reason we're still holding on to those jobs is because of the unemployment situation around us. This brings me to ask the question; if heaven is actually a place where we get to sing songs for eternity, would it not be a boring place to go to?

read the words of a fool..... lol smh in pity for ya bud

2 Likes

Re: Would Heaven Not Be Boring? by Emmanystone: 8:07pm On Mar 25, 2018
Mowoe:
Very poor you. When that demon inside of you leaves when you die, then your eye go clear. Heaven go dey boring, so good luck in eternal fire. Hahahahahaha. If only you know.

1 Like

Re: Would Heaven Not Be Boring? by OtemAtum: 8:12pm On Mar 25, 2018
josh123:
However one will not be bored,the only thing that will get bored is our flesh and we wont take it to heaven
flesh gets tired, but mind gets bored. The OP is right, some afterlives are very boring and they need to be upgraded.

1 Like

Re: Would Heaven Not Be Boring? by josh123(m): 8:16pm On Mar 25, 2018
OtemAtum:
flesh gets tired, but mind gets bored. The OP is right, some afterlives are very boring and they need to be upgraded.
read ur bible and ask ur pastor same question

1 Like

Re: Would Heaven Not Be Boring? by Mowoe(m): 8:18pm On Mar 25, 2018
heendrix:

read the words of a fool..... lol smh in pity for ya bud

Bud, no need being sour; its bad for religion and ethics.
Re: Would Heaven Not Be Boring? by CuteMadridista: 8:20pm On Mar 25, 2018
since Christians always scream that afterlife is what makes this life make sense then There has to be an "Afterafterlife" for afterlife to make sense
Re: Would Heaven Not Be Boring? by OtemAtum: 8:21pm On Mar 25, 2018
josh123:
read ur bible and ask ur pastor same question
Read the Doctufos(Universal History Book) and ask yourself same question.
Re: Would Heaven Not Be Boring? by josh123(m): 8:31pm On Mar 25, 2018
OtemAtum:

Read the Doctufos(Universal History Book) and ask yourself same question.
i checked google and i could not find it
Re: Would Heaven Not Be Boring? by OtemAtum: 9:53pm On Mar 25, 2018
josh123:
i checked google and i could not find it
You didn't check it well. Type 'Doctrine of the Ufos nairaland' for easier access.
Re: Would Heaven Not Be Boring? by HigherEd: 7:44am On Mar 26, 2018
You don't know yourself enough as God knows you. He created you and knows what you can or can't do
Re: Would Heaven Not Be Boring? by terrezo2002(m): 9:55am On Mar 26, 2018
iRyan:
Heaven is a state of mind. You should worry about creating your own heaven here on earth first
That's a Buddhist thought. Don't be deceived, there is heaven and there is hell.

1 Like

Re: Would Heaven Not Be Boring? by terrezo2002(m): 9:57am On Mar 26, 2018
Sweet home. Heaven is my home.
Revelation 21:18-19, 22-23, 25, 27
And the building of the wall of it was of jasper: and the city was pure gold, like unto clear glass.

And the foundations of the wall of the city were garnished with all manner of precious stones. The first foundation was jasper; the second, sapphire; the third, a chalcedony; the fourth, an emerald;

And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.

And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there.

And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.
Re: Would Heaven Not Be Boring? by Mowoe(m): 1:14pm On Mar 26, 2018
terrezo2002:
Sweet home. Heaven is my home.
Revelation 21:18-19, 22-23, 25, 27
And the building of the wall of it was of jasper: and the city was pure gold, like unto clear glass.

And the foundations of the wall of the city were garnished with all manner of precious stones. The first foundation was jasper; the second, sapphire; the third, a chalcedony; the fourth, an emerald;

And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.

And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there.

And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

That's what heaven is like, but what's done there?

1 Like

Re: Would Heaven Not Be Boring? by sKeetz(m): 2:46pm On Mar 26, 2018
terrezo2002:

That's a Buddhist thought. Don't be deceived, there is heaven and there is hell.

Have you been to heaven or hell?
Re: Would Heaven Not Be Boring? by purem(m): 2:53pm On Mar 26, 2018
Emmanystone:

Very poor you. When that demon inside of you leaves when you die, then your eye go clear. Heaven go dey boring, so good luck in eternal fire. Hahahahahaha. If only you know.

You ehn even your imaginary God sef doesn't understand how the whitish manures in your head works.

Religion has really exposed how stupid/gullible you can be

Abeg yan me, inside you and butterflyleo abi na lion who mumu past?

2 Likes

Re: Would Heaven Not Be Boring? by Butterflyleo: 3:04pm On Mar 26, 2018
purem:

You ehn even your imaginary God sef doesn't understand how the whitish manures in your head works.

Religion has really exposed how stupid/gullible you can be

Abeg yan me, inside you and butterflyleo abi na lion who mumu past?

Psychiatrists disagree with you and actually call you the mumu read below

Your mumu no get limit at all.

Is nonconformity and freethinking a mental illness? According to the newest edition of the DSM-IV (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders), it certainly is. The manual identifies a new mental illness called “oppositional defiant disorder” or ODD. Defined as an “ongoing pattern of disobedient, hostile and defiant behavior,” symptoms include questioning authority, negativity, defiance, argumentativeness, and being easily annoyed.
The DSM-IV is the manual used by psychiatrists to diagnose mental illnesses and, with each new edition, there are scores of new mental illnesses.

https://www.madinamerica.com/2013/12/nonconformity-freethinking-now-considered-mental-illnesses/

Or

http://www.offthegridnews.com/current-events/politics/is-free-thinking-a-mental-illness/

They say you have a mental disorder.
Re: Would Heaven Not Be Boring? by terrezo2002(m): 3:16pm On Mar 26, 2018
sKeetz:

Have you been to heaven or hell?
The one who is called TRUTH told me so I believe.

1 Like

Re: Would Heaven Not Be Boring? by purem(m): 3:20pm On Mar 26, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Psychiatrists disagree with you and actually call you the mumu read below

They say you have a mental disorder.

Who has a mental disorder between me and you

Have you forgotten when you said you're not a theist (theologies) but you can carry any matter concerning religion 4 head pass 50 volatile theist combined together

By the way where the fvck did pull out those shiits u posted up there from
Re: Would Heaven Not Be Boring? by sKeetz(m): 3:24pm On Mar 26, 2018
terrezo2002:

The one who is called TRUTH told me so I believe.

who is called TRUTH?
Re: Would Heaven Not Be Boring? by terrezo2002(m): 3:26pm On Mar 26, 2018
sKeetz:

who is called TRUTH?
JESUS CHRIST is the TRUTH

1 Like

Re: Would Heaven Not Be Boring? by barphilipson: 3:37pm On Mar 26, 2018
[quote author=terrezo2002 post=66174210]
JESUS CHRIST is the TRUTH[correct]
Re: Would Heaven Not Be Boring? by sKeetz(m): 3:37pm On Mar 26, 2018
terrezo2002:

JESUS CHRIST is the TRUTH

You mean a jewish carpenter who died 2018 years ago spoke to you

You should really see a psychiatrist grin grin cheesy
Re: Would Heaven Not Be Boring? by terrezo2002(m): 3:40pm On Mar 26, 2018
sKeetz:

who is called TRUTH?
Re: Would Heaven Not Be Boring? by EazyMoh(m): 3:42pm On Mar 26, 2018
I wonder how Jewish heaven was described in the Torah though. I believe it should be different from the Christian heaven.
Re: Would Heaven Not Be Boring? by terrezo2002(m): 3:42pm On Mar 26, 2018
sKeetz:

You mean a jewish carpenter who died 2018 years ago spoke to you
You should really see a psychiatrist grin grin cheesy
Do you have a soul?
Re: Would Heaven Not Be Boring? by barphilipson: 3:45pm On Mar 26, 2018
[quote author=terrezo2002 post=66174210]
JESUS CHRIST is the TRUTH[/correct]
Re: Would Heaven Not Be Boring? by barphilipson: 5:03pm On Mar 26, 2018
terrezo2002:

ok
Re: Would Heaven Not Be Boring? by sKeetz(m): 5:23pm On Mar 26, 2018
terrezo2002:

Do you have a soul?

What is a soul? Never seen it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buda Atum Does A Frank317 / The Most Powerful Spiritual Herbalist And Native Doctor In Ogun State Ijebu Igbo / Call To Xtians And Muslims Against Therationa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.