Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,283 members, 7,807,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:00 AM

9 Things Only Those Who Don't Stay Out Late Can Relate To. - Nairaland / General (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 9 Things Only Those Who Don't Stay Out Late Can Relate To. (50286 Views)

9 Things To Give Up If You Want To Be Happy / 15 Meme Guys That Live Extravagant Lifestyle Can Relate To / #throwback. Get In If You Can Relate To Any Of These. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 9 Things Only Those Who Don't Stay Out Late Can Relate To. by mediclife1987(m): 1:14am On Mar 26, 2018
Witnesstony28:
What of those that stay online till 10pm, are they also staying out late? my neighbour said I should ask you

Thank you o jerey, hypocrites everywhere.
Re: 9 Things Only Those Who Don't Stay Out Late Can Relate To. by emotionroll(m): 1:21am On Mar 26, 2018
englishmart:
I stay out late always. Sometimes I try to go to bed early, yet I can't. My mom told me that since I was born till now, I've never slept until it is 12 am...
Am not shockd ur profile says benin kingdom¡
Re: 9 Things Only Those Who Don't Stay Out Late Can Relate To. by GavelSlam: 1:39am On Mar 26, 2018
evanscheck:
Responsible Pple don't stay out late...

In Nigeria.

And even that is a complete fallacy.
Re: 9 Things Only Those Who Don't Stay Out Late Can Relate To. by kov624665(m): 1:45am On Mar 26, 2018
swiz123:
Most people close their gate by 10pm.
Those who live in a rented apartment can relate
See our landlord pikin don carry him yanga enter Nairaland

Re: 9 Things Only Those Who Don't Stay Out Late Can Relate To. by ohem007(m): 1:46am On Mar 26, 2018
englishmart:
no o, I only jump higher than 50 feet sometimes. Also, I usually see people sharing red wine and suya. The wine tastes like......... I've forgotten how it tastes sha

1 Like

Re: 9 Things Only Those Who Don't Stay Out Late Can Relate To. by CofOLandOfPeace(m): 2:32am On Mar 26, 2018
mediclife1987:

Incorrigible and regimented African for you.

They'll rather die than think outside the box.

Kontinuu.
Re: 9 Things Only Those Who Don't Stay Out Late Can Relate To. by taurusdude0(m): 3:22am On Mar 26, 2018
Grayjoy:
LOL, I do tell someone I was equal to any evil dat hour, until I saw a moving bicycle without a rider.

Uncle uncle grin

1 Like

Re: 9 Things Only Those Who Don't Stay Out Late Can Relate To. by tiwiex(m): 3:24am On Mar 26, 2018
evanscheck:
Lol. It's about preference and economy? How do you define responsible? Do you know how many businesses make money at night? Including Uber sef. Let's just respect people's differences and don't judge. Not keeping late nights doesn't necessarily make you a Saint. I think your choice of using the word RESPONSIBLE was judgemental. Meaning you are more responsible than everyone who stays out late. Not true.
Re: 9 Things Only Those Who Don't Stay Out Late Can Relate To. by Gideonmi(m): 3:50am On Mar 26, 2018
englishmart:
I stay out late always. Sometimes I try to go to bed early, yet I can't. My mom told me that since I was born till now, I've never slept until it is 12 am...
vampire!

1 Like

Re: 9 Things Only Those Who Don't Stay Out Late Can Relate To. by kzubyar(m): 4:05am On Mar 26, 2018
swiz123:
Most people close their gate by 10pm.

Those who live in a rented apartment can relate
true talk
Re: 9 Things Only Those Who Don't Stay Out Late Can Relate To. by Nobody: 5:00am On Mar 26, 2018
evanscheck:
This mentality is contributing to the reasons why Nigeria is backward.
Re: 9 Things Only Those Who Don't Stay Out Late Can Relate To. by Nobody: 5:06am On Mar 26, 2018
Well i do stay out late once once, party all night till 6am when i come back home with a hang over ... I see no big deal in keeping late nights for concrete reasons, but partying all night is still fun for me i guess because i'm not yet married as i wouldnt feel comfortable with my wife & kids at home while daddy comes back every weekend looking like a shi1t faced pirate

1 Like

Re: 9 Things Only Those Who Don't Stay Out Late Can Relate To. by Sparkles003(f): 5:18am On Mar 26, 2018
xynerise:
1. Your definition of Late night is different from others. You see late night as 10pm when everyone should be sleeping, while your friends see 12midnight as when the fun begins. undecided

2. Your friends always complain you are not a fun person anytime you stay out late with them because you always act as the PUNCTUALITY PREFECT(Reminder) grin

3.All you do throughout the night is continuously checking your watch to see if it past your bed time grin.

4.So your head started calculating the earliest you could be home so you won't look awful staying past your time. sad

5. When you are invited to a party that will commence at 10pm, you keep giving flimsy excuses why you won't come... grin

6. At a point you start preaching to your friends why staying out late is a bad habit and they nicknamed you "Grandpa/Grandma" undecided

7. You decided to attend the party with them to avoid tagging you "granny" but as soon as it clocks 10pm, you begin to step backward slowly until you disappear into thin air grin

8.And when the next invitation pops up as text message and the time says "Starts by 10pm", you just giggle because you are not going grin

9. Then you start questioning why your friends like staying out late, what is the benefit? Absolutely, nothing undecided.

Well, I am one of the #TeamDontStayOutLate grin grin

What kind of fun you do late night that can't be done in the day? undecided

Help me ask them ooo
Re: 9 Things Only Those Who Don't Stay Out Late Can Relate To. by rassyk15(m): 5:43am On Mar 26, 2018
One childhood song i keep remembering anytime i think of keeping late nights is " early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise" I guess that is the discipline most people have been imbibing, and has been helping them, keeping late nights is an individual thing, and can be done anywhere and anyhow, some do it in their churches and funerals, so its same, not only in parties and night clubs makes it late night
Re: 9 Things Only Those Who Don't Stay Out Late Can Relate To. by Proudlyngwa(m): 5:47am On Mar 26, 2018
Grayjoy:
U actually need a real life experience to do that. Not a story. Well as 4 d story, I happened to be somewhere, I went 4 a kind of programme in d State, North Central. When I came, I did late night, d friend dat camped me once told me dat when it's 9pm, moving in dat Arena is no longer safe. According to him, mermaids or something do cruise the arena. And truly once it's dark everyone is out. And then the house is at d extreme, when he told me, I shrugged it off, on my way back dat was around 12am or there abt, used d guys car, nt too conversant with d car then it had an issue dt I attempted opening the bonnet, then I was hearing a kind of wheels dat kind bicycle noise, although it was a bit dark, bt i saw clearly and I was nt mistaken, I saw a bicycle moving no rider. I felt like taking to my heels at first sha, but it was like a T-junction, it was 4rm d directn I took bt going straight, no house in dat place.

Not doubting your story, but are you sure it was not mechanically manipulated to scare you, I would like to visit this place to build up belief once more.
Re: 9 Things Only Those Who Don't Stay Out Late Can Relate To. by AreaFada2: 5:49am On Mar 26, 2018
LordKO:
The misconception by many - mentally parochial people - that staying out late at night automatically equals to irresponsibleness always amuse me. Such a parochial opinion can only holds true if and only the person involved in it is unprincipled in particular and bad in general. This myopic thought process is akin to the erroneous notion by this same class of people that anyone who usually goes to work at night automatically does a security/menial job - there's nothing wrong with those doing security/menial jobs anyway.

In truth, while you're whiling and sleeping away your time at such nights, some responsible people are using theirs to negotiate and close business deals with likeminded fellows, while some others in the responsible category are using theirs to equip and upgrade themselves in other ways. I don't hold brief for small-minded people.

More so, the country or neighbourhood in a country where one lives will also determine one's lifestyle. If you've been to many different countries then you'll agree with me that 1 AM in most countries is just like 6 PM in Nigeria in respect to liveliness and bubbling.

How many people actually negotiate and close those deals at odd hours you're talking about? shocked shocked

If you are not a politician or a top businessman, you're only just talking big. In the same developed countries you're referring to, top guns of business close deals over lunch, dinner (can be from around 3 pm to 11pm) or even in yachts or villas in some islands and rivieras of this world.

Those big men you allude to largely have families too. And most know the value of work/life balance. Just so you know I am a fairly well-travelled person. As a young man clubbing on weekends and parties were normal. Just for fun. I would never have stayed so late out in 9ja though. It has been a dangerous place for a long time. Nor be today armed robbers and money ritualists start. They only just got more desperate and brazen these days. tongue

1 Like

Re: 9 Things Only Those Who Don't Stay Out Late Can Relate To. by Kotodoctor: 5:55am On Mar 26, 2018
LordKO:
The misconception by many - mentally parochial people - that staying out late at night automatically equals to irresponsibleness always amuse me. Such a parochial opinion can only holds true if and only the person involved in it is unprincipled in particular and bad in general. This myopic thought process is akin to the erroneous notion by this same class of people that anyone who usually goes to work at night automatically does a security/menial job - there's nothing wrong with those doing security/menial jobs anyway.

In truth, while you're whiling and sleeping away your time at such nights, some responsible people are using theirs to negotiate and close business deals with likeminded fellows, while some others in the responsible category are using theirs to equip and upgrade themselves in other ways. I don't hold brief for small-minded people.

More so, the country or neighbourhood in a country where one lives will also determine one's lifestyle. If you've been to many different countries then you'll agree with me that 1 AM in most countries is just like 6 PM in Nigeria in respect to liveliness and bubbling.

All this may English for just simple late nite discussion?. Moreover, the context the guy use am, na for guy men weh de party for late hours. Not hanging out late generally.
Re: 9 Things Only Those Who Don't Stay Out Late Can Relate To. by aujile(m): 6:20am On Mar 26, 2018
flokii:
For me, anything you do up till 10pm outside is okay..

You need to get at least 6 - 7 hours sleep before starting the next day's work.
Anything from 12am - 4am (Witching hour) is not advisable. Too many evil activities happen within that time frame.
Why do you guys always think evil?
There is also lots of angelic activities going on at that time...what guarantee do u have of sleeping and waking up if it is only evil activities that happen at night?
Remember the natural law of attraction (whatever you set your heart on, sooner or later it will come to you)
Re: 9 Things Only Those Who Don't Stay Out Late Can Relate To. by adeniyimam(m): 6:40am On Mar 26, 2018
Biglittlelois:
Anytime it's getting dark and i'm still out, i always feel uneasy even if i am with someone that can keep me safe, lol
Exactly... The feeling is same... I just suddenly get uncomfortable

1 Like

Re: 9 Things Only Those Who Don't Stay Out Late Can Relate To. by Nobody: 6:45am On Mar 26, 2018
LordKO:

grin Abeg tell 'em. See new York. The city that never sleeps

1 Like

Re: 9 Things Only Those Who Don't Stay Out Late Can Relate To. by sandland: 6:54am On Mar 26, 2018
englishmart:

Please try not sleeping at all one night. That will be very good for you.
Re: 9 Things Only Those Who Don't Stay Out Late Can Relate To. by xynerise: 6:56am On Mar 26, 2018
Witnesstony28:
What of those that stay online till 10pm, are they also staying out late? my neighbour said I should ask you

Do I have to explain what " OUT" is? undecided
Re: 9 Things Only Those Who Don't Stay Out Late Can Relate To. by crafteck(m): 6:57am On Mar 26, 2018
evanscheck:

Your lagos state governor stays out late and hes responsible for us all, its about what yout idea of fun is.... Playstation vs sura spot, big brother vs quilox, picking beans vs picking girls(pekas shildren can relate...
Lol)
Re: 9 Things Only Those Who Don't Stay Out Late Can Relate To. by sandland: 6:57am On Mar 26, 2018
tiwiex:

Lol. It's about preference and economy? How do you define responsible? Do you know how many businesses make money at night? Including Uber sef. Let's just respect people's differences and don't judge. Not keeping late nights doesn't necessarily make you a Saint. I think your choice of using the word RESPONSIBLE was judgemental. Meaning you are more responsible than everyone who stays out late. Not true.

My brother, night is night and day. If you carry out your own business at nights, then you May be up to something.
Re: 9 Things Only Those Who Don't Stay Out Late Can Relate To. by goat22: 7:02am On Mar 26, 2018
englishmart:
no o, I only jump higher than 50 feet sometimes. Also, I usually see people sharing red wine and suya. The wine tastes like......... I've forgotten how it tastes sha

Young man, I crave your indulgence and communication on the principles to become an Otuoke Drunken Master. Though the felicity hog ma catapult is nevertheless impromptu.
Re: 9 Things Only Those Who Don't Stay Out Late Can Relate To. by northvietnam(m): 7:08am On Mar 26, 2018
evanscheck:

says who
Re: 9 Things Only Those Who Don't Stay Out Late Can Relate To. by gidicouture: 7:13am On Mar 26, 2018
englishmart:
bedt boy
Re: 9 Things Only Those Who Don't Stay Out Late Can Relate To. by IMASTEX: 7:22am On Mar 26, 2018
LordKO:
I second your line of thought. "What you don't like or understand you demonized" has always been a norm in Nigeria.

Re: 9 Things Only Those Who Don't Stay Out Late Can Relate To. by rasputinn(m): 7:25am On Mar 26, 2018
LordKO:

LOL @ mentally parochial
Deals and decisions that shake the earth are struck mostly at night meetings

1 Like

Re: 9 Things Only Those Who Don't Stay Out Late Can Relate To. by royaldonbliss(m): 7:44am On Mar 26, 2018
To get the best deals on Jumia items join this whatsapp group through this link https:///FOGfmXiobRB8RhyaCRCyE9

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Recall Growing Up Using This Torchlight As A Source Of Light / Earn Up To #350,000 Every Month By Becoming A Bet9ja Agent!!! / Lady With Four Fingers Cause Twitter Meltdown... (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.