Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,911 members, 7,802,962 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:28 AM

Android Development - Multiple Screen Support - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Android Development - Multiple Screen Support (1416 Views)

Learning Android Development(diary) / I Need Android Development Simplified Textbooks For Beginners / Which Programming Language Is Best And Suitable For Android Development (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Android Development - Multiple Screen Support by NaHiim: 10:41pm On Mar 26, 2018
Please I need enlightenment on how I can create UI elements to fit any screen size. The buttons and textviews I create tend to appear big and overlap on smaller phones.
Re: Android Development - Multiple Screen Support by NaHiim: 9:03pm On Mar 29, 2018
An android guru should please reply. Is my question stupid or what?
And if I say I need a developer to build an app this topic would have been flooded with replies of different people telling me they can build heaven and earth.
Re: Android Development - Multiple Screen Support by anetuno(m): 9:21pm On Mar 30, 2018
Go to YouTube, search and watch Android working with fragments tutorials.
Re: Android Development - Multiple Screen Support by yunglary(m): 3:26am On Mar 31, 2018
anetuno:
Go to YouTube, search and watch Android working with fragments tutorials.
How does fragment relate to supporting different screen sizes, Please enlighten me.
Re: Android Development - Multiple Screen Support by ib151: 4:10am On Mar 31, 2018
NaHiim:
Please I need enlightenment on how I can create UI elements to fit any screen size. The buttons and textviews I create tend to appear big and overlap on smaller phones.
Use dp (density-independent pixels) for sizing UI elements such as Button and TextView and sp (Scaleable pixels) for font size. You should have at least uploaded the screenshot of your layout source code so as to get a precise answer.
Check the link below for more info;
https://material.io/guidelines/layout/units-measurements.html#units-measurements-pixel-density
Re: Android Development - Multiple Screen Support by official2ak(m): 10:51pm On Apr 08, 2018
You use sp to set the font size
Re: Android Development - Multiple Screen Support by seunthomas: 4:33pm On Apr 09, 2018
You have to create a seperate layout folder for each of the screen resolutions you want to support. Note not all views in your application would require to have a separate layout xml, some would be responsive and work across screen while others would require you creating their screen size specific layout file. Happy coding...
Re: Android Development - Multiple Screen Support by islamics(m): 11:17am On Apr 10, 2018
seunthomas:
You have to create a seperate layout folder for each of the screen resolutions you want to support. Note not all views in your application would require to have a separate layout xml, some would be responsive and work across screen while others would require you creating their screen size specific layout file. Happy coding...
Best answer to the OP question.

(1) (Reply)

Java Tutorials For Absolute Beginners. / Macbook Air 2017 Or Hp Elitebook 840 G3 / Help Solve My Android Sdk Manager Challenges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.