Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,392 members, 7,781,126 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:26 AM

7 Things You Must Not Tell Your Partner About You - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 7 Things You Must Not Tell Your Partner About You (51312 Views)

Mention One Thing A Guy Must Not Tell His Babe No Matter How Deep The Love Is / ''7 Things You Must Not Tell Your Partner About You" / Will You Tell Your Friend, You Have Slept With The Girl He Is About To Marry? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Things You Must Not Tell Your Partner About You by Solomonudofia(m): 3:26am On Mar 27, 2018
Of course every relationship should be built on trust but there is a limit to openness and there exist things that your partner does not really need to know about.

So in essence, it’s OK to cut down on openness in a relationship from 100% to somewhere in the region of 90% or so.

And here’s the reason: some people really just can’t handle the truth. It does not make them a bad person or bad partners. So instead of risking something beautiful over an inconsequential detail that’ll very likely not hurt anyone, just be mum and coast with the love of your life.

Somethings are truly better left unsaid and here are 7 times when it’s OK to not be open with your partner if you don’t feel like it.

1. Your sexual history

For real, not many boyfriends/girlfriends want to hear the step by step narration and graphic details of how you had sex in a bathroom stall at the mall with your ex or some random babe.

2. Your body count

As we already discussed in detail here, for the ladies, only your doctor and gynecologist deserves this information.

3. That someone at work [or anywhere] has a crush on you

Really, this is literally opening the door for problems no one wants. Here’s the thing about revealing this information – you put your partner in a position to have his imagination roam and become paranoid.

4. That you have a crush on someone else

Being genuinely in love with a man or woman does not magically take away the inclination to be attracted or to fall in love with other people.

So if you find yourself tripping for some other guy/babe, it may be too much information for your partner. You need to concentrate on staying

5. That you don’t like their parents

I’m not sure anyone wants to hear her boyfriend say he does not like her mum. Neither is there any guy who would stand for that.

The only time this may be OK is when you no longer value the relationship and you’re willing to let go of it.

6. That you snooped through their stuff

Even if you searched and found out that they’ve been loyal and loyal to you, keep the good news to yourself.

There really is no way to justify snooping through his stuff in the first instance. You’re going to come off as distrustful and things may just go downhill from there. Better keep the info to yourself.

7. That you still stalk his ex

Ladies, your boyfriend does not need to know that you have been stalking his ex on social media.

You’ll come off as an insecure b***h and you don’t need that.

Source: https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/amp.pulse.ng/lifestyle/relationships-weddings/7-things-your-partner-does-not-need-to-known-about-you-id8168125.html

15 Likes

Re: 7 Things You Must Not Tell Your Partner About You by Solomonudofia(m): 3:27am On Mar 27, 2018
Re: 7 Things You Must Not Tell Your Partner About You by pyyxxaro: 3:39am On Mar 27, 2018
OP nice write up

No 8 ; Telling your partner you wanna vote for buhari in the next election , can destroy a relationship embarassed

305 Likes 20 Shares

Re: 7 Things You Must Not Tell Your Partner About You by Solomonudofia(m): 3:42am On Mar 27, 2018
pyyxxaro:
OP nice write up

No 8 ; Telling your partner you wanna vote for buhari in the next election , can't destroy a relationship embarassed

grin grin... Thanks

47 Likes

Re: 7 Things You Must Not Tell Your Partner About You by Emmylyon(m): 1:41pm On Mar 27, 2018
cool
Re: 7 Things You Must Not Tell Your Partner About You by Biglittlelois(f): 1:41pm On Mar 27, 2018
Especially 1 and 2, some partners will use it to insult you when there is misunderstanding, some things are better left as secret

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Things You Must Not Tell Your Partner About You by Iyajelili(f): 1:41pm On Mar 27, 2018
Na the body count thing i never still understand....so i should tell you i have 30body count so that my village people can complete mission on my head using my mouth abi? Enu oni kobami

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Things You Must Not Tell Your Partner About You by Jhayeahsam01(m): 1:41pm On Mar 27, 2018
am still a virgin thank God
Re: 7 Things You Must Not Tell Your Partner About You by Nobody: 1:42pm On Mar 27, 2018
SMH
Re: 7 Things You Must Not Tell Your Partner About You by Elparaiso(m): 1:42pm On Mar 27, 2018
Why would you want to withhold these vital bits of information?

1. I would like to know the sexual history of whomever I'm with. This will help me know if she's a plate or a gf material.

2. Same as above. If you tell me 15 and 36 guys tell me different, yawa go dey o.

3. It's not my problem if he has a crush on you. You can tell me so I can tease him at office parties.

4. You have a crush? WOW! That's nice, please pack your things edakun. It's not insecurity, I just don't want to share in your fantasy.

5. My parents? Please tell me now o so we can end this amicably. I don't want to propose to a future migraine parasite.

6. You snooped? Awwn, so cute. Tell me please, so I can help you call movers. GTFO!

7. You obviously are insecure and have very little to do. I can't be with a lazy human. Refer to No 6.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 Things You Must Not Tell Your Partner About You by maxiuc(m): 1:43pm On Mar 27, 2018
Kmm

The day i liked her friend's picture on Facebook she was why must I use Love and like icon on her friend pics

She now said please don't like her pictures anymore by the why did you add her up on Facebook

Naso interrogation start oooooo

Mmmmmm I Mind things I Tell my bae

She doesn't accept the Case of I was just joking

Girls

4 Likes

Re: 7 Things You Must Not Tell Your Partner About You by edidiongmichael(m): 1:43pm On Mar 27, 2018
I remember when I told my babe that girls in church are stalking me (we attend separate church). Now, if I stay any minute pass the normal church dismissal time, she will think I'm probably having a time out with one of the girls.

It's a disease to make her know who's crushing on you too. She'll never like anything your crush does nor be friends with her.

4 Likes

Re: 7 Things You Must Not Tell Your Partner About You by Jh0wsef(m): 1:43pm On Mar 27, 2018

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Things You Must Not Tell Your Partner About You by sunnyphem(m): 1:43pm On Mar 27, 2018
8. Don't let her know about ur acct balance.

40 Likes

Re: 7 Things You Must Not Tell Your Partner About You by mayskit4luv(m): 1:43pm On Mar 27, 2018
Ok
Re: 7 Things You Must Not Tell Your Partner About You by Kaxmytex(m): 1:43pm On Mar 27, 2018
Nice
Re: 7 Things You Must Not Tell Your Partner About You by Nobody: 1:43pm On Mar 27, 2018
E duro na... How many '7 things' articles we wan see for FP today? Small time you go see 7 things you must do if you want to be like Buhari

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 Things You Must Not Tell Your Partner About You by highpriestess: 1:44pm On Mar 27, 2018
lol,I totally agree.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Things You Must Not Tell Your Partner About You by SmartPolician: 1:44pm On Mar 27, 2018
I partly agree. If I notice my partner doing the last one, I will just break up with her straight up
Re: 7 Things You Must Not Tell Your Partner About You by Amberon11: 1:44pm On Mar 27, 2018
true
Re: 7 Things You Must Not Tell Your Partner About You by Nobody: 1:44pm On Mar 27, 2018
...ok
Re: 7 Things You Must Not Tell Your Partner About You by kulikuli45: 1:44pm On Mar 27, 2018
Body count doesn't matter if you be man.

3 and 7 are inconsequential to both.

1 Like

Re: 7 Things You Must Not Tell Your Partner About You by wwwtortoise(m): 1:45pm On Mar 27, 2018
grin
cool that you want to chop and clean mouth

1 Like

Re: 7 Things You Must Not Tell Your Partner About You by Quality20(m): 1:46pm On Mar 27, 2018
well as for us d ebiras ,we are extremely straight forward ,we don't keep anything away from our spouses. What will be will be.

4 Likes

Re: 7 Things You Must Not Tell Your Partner About You by Alex80s(m): 1:46pm On Mar 27, 2018
I totally disagree with you on no 1.
Disclosure is paramount in relationships. But it has to be gradually. Anyone who can't cope with his partner's relationship history is obviously not mature for any relationship.
Honest disclosure brings about trust.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Things You Must Not Tell Your Partner About You by cleric(m): 1:46pm On Mar 27, 2018
#8. Never mix business and family.
Re: 7 Things You Must Not Tell Your Partner About You by TrumpDonald2: 1:49pm On Mar 27, 2018
pyyxxaro:
OP nice write up

No 8 ; Telling your partner you wanna vote for buhari in the next election , can't destroy a relationship embarassed
Can or can't? Kindly edit pls
Re: 7 Things You Must Not Tell Your Partner About You by magiki(m): 1:49pm On Mar 27, 2018
Guy, u killed this list. I totally agreed with you
Re: 7 Things You Must Not Tell Your Partner About You by Outfinity(m): 1:52pm On Mar 27, 2018
Telling them you have HIV or an STD......

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Things You Must Not Tell Your Partner About You by labisibrass(m): 1:52pm On Mar 27, 2018
That number 3 though. Telling him or her might save you from a serious future drama
Re: 7 Things You Must Not Tell Your Partner About You by BrideOfDracula(f): 1:52pm On Mar 27, 2018
I agree except for number 5. Honesty. Truth. No need to pretend. It's about how you say it. You don't have to call their relative names or be mean about it. But if you don't like someone, you don't like them. Simple.

I don't like my partner's brother & he (my partner) knows & understands it, because there's a reason for it. I didn't just suck the hate out of my thumb. You can't like everyone. It's impossible.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

This Is The Change Nigeria Is Looking For; Lady Shares Her Transformation Photos / Why Do Handsome Guys End Up With Ugly Girls And Vice Versa / My Ex Girlfriends Friend Is Stranded And Wants To Stay With Me For A While

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.