Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,951 members, 7,806,745 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:27 PM

Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom (136470 Views)

Meet Alimi Ibrahim Adedeji, UNILAG Overall Best Graduating Student For 2018/2019 / Apply For 2018 AGIP Postgraduate Local And Overseas Scholarship / Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by Feraz(m): 2:29pm On Apr 04, 2018
Hey um Guys, quick question. Do we apply directly to the school or does PTDF as a body handle that aspect?

Thanks in advance

CC: Dmainman, AlanTuringAI, Hugochuks60
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by harqyn: 2:53pm On Apr 04, 2018
What do they mean by Waec pin? And how do we include them in the application so they can confirm the results according to them? Somebody shld pls answer this question! Thanks in anticipation
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by Adaeze1081: 5:08pm On Apr 04, 2018
hi guys pls i need further clarification on the viability of the study, research plan for MSC.is it based on th course u picked or can it be any topic of interest , will it be submitted on ptdf site or on the interview day.thanks in anticipation for a response
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by AlanTuringAI: 5:55pm On Apr 04, 2018
Feraz:
Hey um Guys, quick question. Do we apply directly to the school or does PTDF as a body handle that aspect?

Thanks in advance

CC: Dmainman, AlanTuringAI, Hugochuks60
I think they stated it that they'll be ones to process the admission to the school after you must have been selected. You just choose the schools and courses for each of them respectively. That's all.
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by Impactever(m): 8:21pm On Apr 04, 2018
hello , fellow PTDF MSC UK APPLICANTS

pls i have 2 questions .

1) are we expected to enter our WAEC EXAM NO (10 digits as seen on our WAEC certificate ) OR buy a new WAEC scratch card and upload the PIN AND SERIAL NUMBER ?

2) As a former beneficiary of the PTDF undergraduate category scholarship, will it be wise to state it in my PERSONAL STATEMENT .....will it increase or reduce my chances of success ?

thanks as i await your response.
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by Impactever(m): 8:23pm On Apr 04, 2018
DMainMan:
Requirements Documents

Applicants are advised to scan copies of the following documents and attach to their online application forms:

First Degree Certificate or Statement of Result
NYSC discharge certificate
WAEC/GCE/SSCE/NECO results as well as the PIN numbers on the application forms to enable PTDF view the O’level results on the relevant website).
Recent Passport Photograph
Local Government Identification Letter
Master’s Degree Certificate (PhD Applicants only)
Evidence of membership of professional associations
*Candidates who successfully scale through the first round of screening will be requested to submit their transcripts; all applicants are therefore advised to prepare their transcripts for submission in anticipation of such a request.

Source: http://ptdf.gov.ng/2017-2018-ptdf-scholarship-scheme-overseas-local/

cc: Seun, lalasticlala

hello sir,

i am a fellow PTDF MSC UK APPLICANT

pls i have 2 questions .

1) are we expected to enter our WAEC EXAM NO (10 digits as seen on our WAEC certificate ) OR buy a new WAEC scratch card and upload the PIN AND SERIAL NUMBER ?

2) As a former beneficiary of the PTDF undergraduate category scholarship, will it be wise to state it in my PERSONAL STATEMENT .....will it increase or reduce my chances of success ?

thanks as i await your response.
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by Feraz(m): 8:45pm On Apr 04, 2018
AlanTuringAI:

I think they stated it that they'll be ones to process the admission to the school after you must have been selected. You just choose the schools and courses for each of them respectively. That's all.
Thanks.
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by Adaeze1081: 10:10pm On Apr 04, 2018
hi guys pls i need further clarification on the viability of the study, research plan for MSC.is it based on th course u picked or can it be any topic of interest , will it be submitted on ptdf site or on the interview day.thanks in anticipation for a response
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by Feraz(m): 11:14pm On Apr 04, 2018
Adaeze1081:
I think it means how viable your research plan for the course you're about to study is and of what benefit it is to Nigeria. You have to incorporate it into your statement of purpose and submit it online while filling your form.
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by Adebanjo253(m): 5:55am On Apr 05, 2018
I need clarification on this,
"University and course in each option must be different "..what does that mean?
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by mykrotune: 10:09am On Apr 05, 2018
Adebanjo253:
I need clarification on this,
"University and course in each option must be different "..what does that mean?
The Universities and courses you choose must appear once. No duplication or triplication

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by md17: 1:00am On Apr 06, 2018
Hi guys... just another quick question. I finished B.Sc with 2.89 CGPA. Is this worth giving a shot or i shouldn't bother myself since what they want to see is an outstanding portfolio?

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by mystikal(m): 6:02am On Apr 06, 2018
HenZina:

Bro, will they accept publications that I was part of the authors?

Yes.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by Sherlock5577: 8:17am On Apr 06, 2018
md17:
Hi guys... just another quick question. I finished B.Sc with 2.89 CGPA. Is this worth giving a shot or i shouldn't bother myself since what they want to see is an outstanding portfolio?
You're right that your GPA is quite low. Also the instruction given is 2:2 with oil and gas experience.
But please apply. Application is free. If you have any certifications or publications, please include them and write an excellent SOP! People who never try, cannot win! Your chances seem very slim, but there is no harm in testing the waters!

6 Likes

Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by BrightFuture48: 8:44am On Apr 06, 2018
Sherlock5577:

You're right that your GPA is quite low. Also the instruction given is 2:2 with oil and gas experience.
But please apply. Application is free. If you have any certifications or publications, please include them and write an excellent SOP! People who never try, cannot not win! Your chances seem very slim, but there is no harm in testing the waters!

Good!!! thumb up bro for this. Bu there isn't any where one can upload professional certificate. Only the space (3)for professional membership are provided. Can we use this for it?

Or where in the application would you suggest we add that?

Thanks.
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by Sherlock5577: 10:06am On Apr 06, 2018
BrightFuture48:

Good!!! thumb up bro for this. Bu there isn't any where one can upload professional certificate. Only the space (3)for professional membership are provided. Can we use this for it?

Or where in the application would you suggest we add that?

Thanks.
Yes you're right. If these certificates are from a professional body then upload them in any available space in the professional certificate section. You could list them under national/international awards. Those certificates were awarded; just thinking!! wink
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by Octaves(m): 6:22pm On Apr 06, 2018
pussyAvenger:
What do they mean by securing admission yourself
pls what chances does one stand without any professional body membership.
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by Octaves(m): 6:23pm On Apr 06, 2018
pussyAvenger:
What do they mean by securing admission yourself
pls what chances does one stand without any professional body membership. Any idea?
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by Morkavictor: 8:27am On Apr 07, 2018
am stuck at this stage, pls somebody help me

Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by AlexCk: 2:07pm On Apr 07, 2018
Hi guys,

Quick question,

What are the chances of getting selected without :

i) a national award,
ii) professional membership
iii) publication.

For a Msc aspirant.

cc: Dmainman.

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by rocoh(m): 8:55pm On Apr 07, 2018
md17:

Baba apply apply apply . They dont care about any experience , just applyu , i have seen 2 2 that got it before

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by rocoh(m): 8:57pm On Apr 07, 2018
AlexCk:
Hi guys,

Quick question,

i) a national award,
iii) publication.

For a Msc aspirant.

baba just apply oooooooooooo its not by those things , the main thing is that you are a graduate, you will be surprised to meet people that have lower "qualifications" than you
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by md17: 11:25pm On Apr 07, 2018
Thanks for the heads up boss!
rocoh:

Baba apply apply apply . They dont care about any experience , just applyu , i have seen 2 2 that got it before

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by okenne: 7:50am On Apr 08, 2018
site not going tru
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by kingofthemall: 5:50pm On Apr 08, 2018
Is the personal statement the same thing as the statement of purpose?

Can I rewrite it as against what's already in my application?
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by Nobody: 7:58pm On Apr 08, 2018
please can somebody choose the same school as his first and second choice but different course
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by Sleeksylvia(f): 8:32pm On Apr 08, 2018
How can someone have three choices for PhD? Is it like preparing 3 different proposals on different topics or the same topic for different schools?

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by Pchizy: 1:18pm On Apr 09, 2018
Morkavictor:
am stuck at this stage, pls somebody help me

Hehe, just scroll up, it's hidden up.
Or click previous, then, click Next again.
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by sagaciousmind: 7:23pm On Apr 09, 2018
kingofthemall:
Is the personal statement the same thing as the statement of purpose?

Can I rewrite it as against what's already in my application?

To address your first question, a personal statement and statement of purpose are not exactly the same. There is more flexibility in a personal statement as it touches on how your background and personal experiences informed your decision to apply for the scholarship. A statement of purpose has a more focused subject matter. Good a thing the PTDF scholarship has already mentioned 3 key areas you need to address in your statement which are the reason for study, suitability to industry and relevance to national development.

You can employ the services of [url]expressrefiners.com[/url] for help in writing your statement or simply email ask@expressrefiners.com.

I didn't quite understand the second question? Have you submitted your application or it's still a work-in-progress?

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by insperyadyou: 7:50pm On Apr 09, 2018
AlexCk:
Hi guys,

Quick question,

i) a national award,
iii) publication.

For a Msc aspirant.

but they have selected people who dont have any of those things. When fortune smiles on you, order of things are disregarded
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by sagaciousmind: 7:55pm On Apr 09, 2018
Sleeksylvia:
How can someone have three choices for PhD? Is it like preparing 3 different proposals on different topics or the same topic for different schools?

The scholarship requires you to prepare only one proposal in the area of research that is of interest to you and the industry. What that implies is that you have to demonstrate, in your proposal, the significance of your research and how it will address prevalent challenges in the industry. If you can find 3 institutions among those listed that match your interests that would be great. Else you can look out for those in similar research areas. Only make sure you rank the institutions of choice in the order of matching interests because you are most likely to be considered for your first choice.

You can employ the services of [url]expressrefiners.com[/url] for help with writing your proposal or email ask@expressrefiners.com
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by Octaves(m): 8:59pm On Apr 09, 2018
BrightFuture48:

The website is up and running now!, you can get your PIN and commence application proper without any hitches.

Hurry up guys!!!

All the BEST and GOD BLESS.
pls what pin is it and how do I get it. I'm a bit confused.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (33) (Reply)

Nigeria's 5 Best Universities For Postgraduate Studies; Their Costs & Duration / Download Complete Time Table For 2012/2013 Waec / University Of Ibadan Post Graduate 2013/2014 Discussion Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.