Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,356 members, 7,780,957 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:23 AM

Ghanaian Jollof Smells Like Perfume - Nigerian Lady In Ghana - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Ghanaian Jollof Smells Like Perfume - Nigerian Lady In Ghana (22699 Views)

Another Nigerian Lady Starts 200-Hour Snail-A-Thon In Style (Pix, Video) / See The Tomatoes Someone Bought For N380 In Ghana / Where Can I Get Ghanaian Jollof Rice In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghanaian Jollof Smells Like Perfume - Nigerian Lady In Ghana by 360command: 12:14am On Mar 29, 2018
makydebbie:
You'll be eating Nigerian rice and be wondering if it's coins. Some people are just used to the hard life.
makydebbie, I disagree with you on this. I think ghana rice is more stronger than the naija type of rice. If I am to go to a restaurant to eat ghana fried rice(my favourite), I must buy large bottle water...
Re: Ghanaian Jollof Smells Like Perfume - Nigerian Lady In Ghana by makydebbie(f): 12:22am On Mar 29, 2018
360command:
makdebbie, I disagree with you on this. I think ghana rice is more stronger than the naija type of rice. If I am to go to a restaurant to eat ghana fried rice(my favourite), I must buy large bottle water...
What am I reading? Nigerian rice is hard as Bleep. Very very hard, jaw breaking rice. Heuuuuuuuwwwwww.
Re: Ghanaian Jollof Smells Like Perfume - Nigerian Lady In Ghana by FroshJaynex(m): 1:24am On Mar 29, 2018
Stupid Fool, she obviously hasn't heard of perfume rice before, it's everywhere, only not found in Nigeria. She needs to travel more to gain experience than just opening that useless smelling mouth like her rotten pussy. Am a Nigerian but I can kill for that Ghana rice, y'all need to taste it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghanaian Jollof Smells Like Perfume - Nigerian Lady In Ghana by xpool(m): 2:50am On Mar 29, 2018
alienvirus:
Lol. I have been traveling to Ghana almost all the time. Ghana rice and stew generally have some nice odour not perfume when consumed.
Nice odour? Teacher no teach me nonsense!
Re: Ghanaian Jollof Smells Like Perfume - Nigerian Lady In Ghana by Nobody: 3:08am On Mar 29, 2018
So true....Ghanaian rice just don't cut it....neither does Senegalese...but Nigerian jollof = worldwide acclaim
Re: Ghanaian Jollof Smells Like Perfume - Nigerian Lady In Ghana by DavidEsq(m): 3:19am On Mar 29, 2018
pp802:
grin grin grin grin grin Naija people too get bad mouth!

Perfume kwa smiley

E con be Naija woman sad
If Naija man bad mouth u, wash ur face and Waka, but if Naija woman bad mouth you, walai...you go almost ask God why him bring you come this world cheesy

Shout out to Naija women smiley Una too much cheesy

Ghana should go and do independence afresh cheesy
How can someone goan do independence afresh na cry

Re: Ghanaian Jollof Smells Like Perfume - Nigerian Lady In Ghana by Ebukamath(m): 3:28am On Mar 29, 2018
i hate lies.
Re: Ghanaian Jollof Smells Like Perfume - Nigerian Lady In Ghana by 360command: 4:08am On Mar 29, 2018
makydebbie:
What am I reading? Nigerian rice is hard as Bleep. Very very hard, jaw breaking rice. Heuuuuuuuwwwwww.
lol! Mati...
Re: Ghanaian Jollof Smells Like Perfume - Nigerian Lady In Ghana by makydebbie(f): 5:51am On Mar 29, 2018
360command:
lol! Mati...
cheesy tongue
Re: Ghanaian Jollof Smells Like Perfume - Nigerian Lady In Ghana by makydebbie(f): 5:52am On Mar 29, 2018
FroshJaynex:
Stupid Fool, she obviously hasn't heard of perfume rice before, it's everywhere, only not found in Nigeria. She needs to travel more to gain experience than just opening that useless smelling mouth like her rotten pussy. Am a Nigerian but I can kill for that Ghana rice, y'all need to taste it
kiss kiss
Re: Ghanaian Jollof Smells Like Perfume - Nigerian Lady In Ghana by Tomoyayi(m): 7:03am On Mar 29, 2018
FroshJaynex:

Ghana boy, E Neva reach abuse na. Shey na her opinion
Re: Ghanaian Jollof Smells Like Perfume - Nigerian Lady In Ghana by Tomoyayi(m): 7:05am On Mar 29, 2018
makydebbie:
cheesy tongue

Debbie, Oya say something o
Re: Ghanaian Jollof Smells Like Perfume - Nigerian Lady In Ghana by Akorkor(f): 7:15am On Mar 29, 2018
You are correct. They don’t ever rush even during work hour. To me they are very sluggish set of people. Anyway that’s Ghanaian way of life.

For their jollof, yes it does smell like perfume because they make use of perfume rice.
Re: Ghanaian Jollof Smells Like Perfume - Nigerian Lady In Ghana by makydebbie(f): 7:22am On Mar 29, 2018
Tomoyayi:

Debbie, Oya say something o
It's my humble opinion that naija jollof is trash. tongue
Re: Ghanaian Jollof Smells Like Perfume - Nigerian Lady In Ghana by focus7: 7:49am On Mar 29, 2018
360command:
the most quiet environment in Nigeria would be noise in the most quiet environment in Ghana.

Well i have not been to Ghana, just giving it a thought after seeing thread.
Re: Ghanaian Jollof Smells Like Perfume - Nigerian Lady In Ghana by gozzlin: 7:57am On Mar 29, 2018
360command:
she is a visitor and I can understand how she feels so as you. in the beginning I usedto hate it but I got usedto it.. I even dislike cooking Nigerian rice as you have to parboil, wash and cook again.. That is stress.. Even Ghanaians make mockery of the nigerian rice and its preparation. If you live in ghana, u will get usedto it.. The nigerian students in ghana, na ghana rice dem dey chop all through out their stay studying there..

Sometimes, I have issues with my Nigerians. They always think theirs is the best.. They say monkey no fine but hin mama like am like that... If you think yours is the best, then be at your lane and not try to compare by saying yours is the best.

One important fact to take note of though is that the Nigerian variety of rice that requires washing and parboiling is the one with a lot more nutrients than the Ghanaian variety. The Ghanaian perfumed rice has little or no nutrients because it has been severely processed in the the factory. You can Google it and see for yourself that brown rice is the real deal.

Moreover, I do not understand the rationale behind adding perfume to rice in the manufacturing process. It's totally unnecessary. I can never get used to Ghanaian perfumed rice.
Re: Ghanaian Jollof Smells Like Perfume - Nigerian Lady In Ghana by achimotan(m): 7:58am On Mar 29, 2018
Akorkor:
You are correct. They don’t ever rush even during work hour. To me they are very sluggish set of people. Anyway that’s Ghanaian way of life.

For their jollof, yes it does smell like perfume because they make use of perfume rice.

How the Phuck do you characterize a whole nation as sluggish set of people. How have you people ever rushing contributed to increase in your electricity generation

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghanaian Jollof Smells Like Perfume - Nigerian Lady In Ghana by Tomoyayi(m): 8:22am On Mar 29, 2018
makydebbie:
It's my humble opinion that naija jollof is trash. tongue

Ehn Ehn, Have you eaten 9ja party jollof before?
Re: Ghanaian Jollof Smells Like Perfume - Nigerian Lady In Ghana by Akorkor(f): 8:37am On Mar 29, 2018
achimotan:

How the Phuck do you characterize a whole nation as sluggish set of people. How have you people ever rushing contributed to increase in your electricity generation
Be crying there Mr achimota lapaz
Re: Ghanaian Jollof Smells Like Perfume - Nigerian Lady In Ghana by makydebbie(f): 8:49am On Mar 29, 2018
Tomoyayi:

Ehn Ehn, Have you eaten 9ja party jollof before?
Yes I've. grin
And I always wonder if oil is the main ingredient. The oil is even more than the rice.
Re: Ghanaian Jollof Smells Like Perfume - Nigerian Lady In Ghana by nellyelitz(m): 8:50am On Mar 29, 2018
alienvirus:
Lol. I have been traveling to Ghana almost all the time. Ghana rice and stew generally have some nice odour not perfume when consumed.
if its odour then it's worst than perfume, it should be aroma. Meaning their rice get as e be grin
Re: Ghanaian Jollof Smells Like Perfume - Nigerian Lady In Ghana by makydebbie(f): 9:11am On Mar 29, 2018
Akorkor:

I guess so too sha. That's what happens when you're used to the rough life, when you get to a civilized place, everything seems so foreign. Life is hard oh and people prefer the hard life. When everything is done in order, they're "sluggish". Kwasiasem.

1 Like

Re: Ghanaian Jollof Smells Like Perfume - Nigerian Lady In Ghana by Martinez19(m): 9:44am On Mar 29, 2018
makydebbie:

I guess so too sha. That's what happens when you're used to the rough life, when you get to a civilized place, everything seems so foreign. Life is hard oh and people prefer the hard life. When everything is done in order, they're "sluggish". Kwasiasem.
Don't mind him. Even people obeying traffic light seem sluggish. In Nigeria, people don't obey traffic lights or rules. I remember when my uncle stopped for the red light and people were seriously horning for him to move shocked. A conductor even confronted my uncle to tell him to move. Let me stop here and not go in the funny conversation between the conductor and my uncle.

Truth is if such people go to a more civilised community that obeys rules and follow due process, he will find them sluggish.
Re: Ghanaian Jollof Smells Like Perfume - Nigerian Lady In Ghana by Sterope(f): 10:20am On Mar 29, 2018
I have not lived in ghana but I know the rice.

I don't like the common Nigerian rice. It takes forever to cook.

Elxandre:

just wondering.
Have you ever lived in ghana?

I think there's hardly any packaged rice there without scent.
Not to forget their rice is very quick to cook. significantly fewer minutes.

Ofada's smell is nothing compared to GH scent grin
Re: Ghanaian Jollof Smells Like Perfume - Nigerian Lady In Ghana by makydebbie(f): 1:34pm On Mar 29, 2018
Martinez19:
Don't mind him. Even people obeying traffic light seem sluggish. In Nigeria, people don't obey traffic lights or rules. I remember when my uncle stopped for the red light and people were seriously horning for him to move shocked. A conductor even confronted my uncle to tell him to move. Let me stop here and not go in the funny conversation between the conductor and my uncle.

Truth is if such people go to a more civilised community that obeys rules and follow due process, he will find them sluggish.
Then she should have said it in a better way.

Sterope:
I have not lived in ghana but I know the rice.

I don't like the common Nigerian rice. It takes forever to cook.

Yes dear, the rice is equivalent to rock.
Re: Ghanaian Jollof Smells Like Perfume - Nigerian Lady In Ghana by 360command: 7:45pm On Mar 29, 2018
gozzlin:

One important fact to take note of though is that the Nigerian variety of rice that requires washing and parboiling is the one with a lot more nutrients than the Ghanaian variety. The Ghanaian perfumed rice has little or no nutrients because it has been severely processed in the the factory. You can Google it and see for yourself that brown rice is the real deal.

Moreover, I do not understand the rationale behind adding perfume to rice in the manufacturing process. It's totally unnecessary. I can never get used to Ghanaian perfumed rice.
I agree with you on this. I already know about all this.. I was laying emphasis on the cooking process as the nigerian method takes more time than the gh method....
Re: Ghanaian Jollof Smells Like Perfume - Nigerian Lady In Ghana by Tomoyayi(m): 1:27am On Mar 30, 2018
makydebbie:
Yes I've. grin
And I always wonder if oil is the main ingredient. The oil is even more than the rice.

No be owambe you go be that o

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sell Your Products Online / #MamadorBreakfastseries: Expert Nutritionists Give Some Healthy Breakfast Recipe / Checkout This Healthy And Delicious Half-ripe Plantain Porridge (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.