Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,256 members, 7,807,884 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:33 PM

World's Most Expensive Paint Cost ₦162Billion Because Of Two Arab Princes(Photo) - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / World's Most Expensive Paint Cost ₦162Billion Because Of Two Arab Princes(Photo) (2815 Views)

4 Most Expensive Nigerian Art Pieces / 5 Most Expensive Paintings Ever Sold In History Of The World. / Beatbyace, Makeup Artist Covers Nude Lady's Body In Paint For Body Art Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

World's Most Expensive Paint Cost ₦162Billion Because Of Two Arab Princes(Photo) by Explorers(m): 11:02pm On Mar 28, 2018
Two Arab princes accidentally cost themselves $450 million in an anonymous bidding war over a Da Vinci painting because each thought the other was their rival Qatar, according to palace sources.

Leonardo Da Vinci's 'Salvator Mundi' sold at an auction last November for an eye-watering $450.3 million.

Documents leaked to the New York Times the following month revealed the buyer was Saudi Prince Bader bin Abdullah.

Palace insiders said the purchase was on behalf of his close friend, the country's crown prince Mohammed Bin Salman.

The de-facto United Arab Emirates ruler Mohammed Bin Zayed also sent a representative to bid on the painting at the Christie's New York auction, in an attempt to secure it for the $1 billion Louvre Abu Dhabi museum, th

But neither Arab ruler knew the other was bidding, instead they both feared losing the auction to reps from the Qatari ruling family.

'The bidding started to get high, and each of them thought they were bidding against the Qataris, and didn't want them to get it,' said one source close to the Emirati leader.

'So they gave their proxies instructions, saying 'you can go as high as you want, just make sure you get it'.

'It got to $450 million and the Emiratis gave up.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5554969/Two-Arab-princes-cost-450MILLION-bidding-war-Da-Vincis-Salvator-Mundi.html
Lalasticlala, Mynd44

Re: World's Most Expensive Paint Cost ₦162Billion Because Of Two Arab Princes(Photo) by Explorers(m): 11:03pm On Mar 28, 2018
The painting's buyer was revealed to be Saudi Prince Bader bin Abdullah.

Palace insiders said the purchase was on behalf of his close friend, the country's crown prince Mohammed Bin Salman

Re: World's Most Expensive Paint Cost ₦162Billion Because Of Two Arab Princes(Photo) by Explorers(m): 11:04pm On Mar 28, 2018
De-facto United Arab Emirates ruler Mohammed Zayed had sent a representative to bid in an attempt to secure it for the $1 billion Louvre Abu Dhabi museum.

Re: World's Most Expensive Paint Cost ₦162Billion Because Of Two Arab Princes(Photo) by Explorers(m): 11:06pm On Mar 28, 2018
Under pressure to get rid of the painting after realizing he hadn't been bidding against his rival Qatar, Salman struck a deal with his Emirati counterpart to swap the painting for a superyacht called The Topaz, pictured below.

Lalasticlala, Mynd44

Re: World's Most Expensive Paint Cost ₦162Billion Because Of Two Arab Princes(Photo) by SUPERPACK: 11:06pm On Mar 28, 2018
when you have so much money, to the extent that you can even buy sand for $1m, God punish poverty

1 Like

Re: World's Most Expensive Paint Cost ₦162Billion Because Of Two Arab Princes(Photo) by fantasticone1(m): 11:12pm On Mar 28, 2018
Following...
Re: World's Most Expensive Paint Cost ₦162Billion Because Of Two Arab Princes(Photo) by RRWraith(m): 11:14pm On Mar 28, 2018
OK
Re: World's Most Expensive Paint Cost ₦162Billion Because Of Two Arab Princes(Photo) by ekrizz(m): 11:38pm On Mar 28, 2018
Chai!!! I'm yet to understand this kind of SUPER-RICH wealth. Buying a painting for $450Mn. Feeling sad with myself right now.
Re: World's Most Expensive Paint Cost ₦162Billion Because Of Two Arab Princes(Photo) by Mariangeles(f): 11:46pm On Mar 28, 2018
I still wonder what it is about paintings that people spend so much money on only to hang them on the wall just to stare at them...I don't get it
Re: World's Most Expensive Paint Cost ₦162Billion Because Of Two Arab Princes(Photo) by Nobody: 11:59pm On Mar 28, 2018
The craving for paintings I really don't understand. I will buy it and start looking at it? Ahh Jesu

Poverty is a sin
Re: World's Most Expensive Paint Cost ₦162Billion Because Of Two Arab Princes(Photo) by internationalman(m): 12:01am On Mar 29, 2018
Mariangeles:
I still wonder what it is about paintings that people spend so much money on only to hang them on the wall just to stare at them...I don't get it
Especially the way FBI fights in movies to protect it from getting in the wrong hand..

Me like what's so special about it.

4 Likes

Re: World's Most Expensive Paint Cost ₦162Billion Because Of Two Arab Princes(Photo) by Mariangeles(f): 12:06am On Mar 29, 2018
internationalman:

Especially the way FBI fights in movies to protect it from getting in the wrong hand..

Me like what's so special about it.
Especially that MonaLisa painting...I've tried so hard to "get it" but I still don't
Don't get me wrong, I love beautiful arts and paintings but to place so much value on them is what I don't get...

1 Like

Re: World's Most Expensive Paint Cost ₦162Billion Because Of Two Arab Princes(Photo) by Nobody: 12:42am On Mar 29, 2018
#162 billion
Re: World's Most Expensive Paint Cost ₦162Billion Because Of Two Arab Princes(Photo) by Cutehector(m): 4:48am On Mar 29, 2018
We just here dying over 10naira...
Re: World's Most Expensive Paint Cost ₦162Billion Because Of Two Arab Princes(Photo) by ogbiwa: 9:08am On Mar 29, 2018
Explorers you know there's still a dispute till now between reputed renaissance art scholars and experts over the authenticity of Leonardo Da Vinci being the original author of the Salvator Mundi (Savior of the World in Latin)

However my suprise is how a muslim dominated nation would pay so much to buy, display and even promote a famous painting that depicts Christ as the (undisputed wink) Savior of the world?
Re: World's Most Expensive Paint Cost ₦162Billion Because Of Two Arab Princes(Photo) by ReneeNuttall(f): 10:13am On Mar 29, 2018
Ordinary painting that my country brothers can paint better at a lesser price.Ego and pride at its peak!
Re: World's Most Expensive Paint Cost ₦162Billion Because Of Two Arab Princes(Photo) by hahn(m): 9:55am On Mar 30, 2018
ogbiwa:
Explorers you know there's still a dispute till now between reputed renaissance art scholars and experts over the authenticity of Leonardo Da Vinci being the original author of the Salvator Mundi (Savior of the World in Latin)

However my suprise is how a muslim dominated nation would pay so much to buy, display and even promote a famous painting that depicts Christ as the (undisputed wink) Savior of the world?

They know it holds sentimental value even though they Jesus never existed

Same way the first superman comic book sold for$1m some years back

1 Like

Re: World's Most Expensive Paint Cost ₦162Billion Because Of Two Arab Princes(Photo) by AyoSammyTunDe(m): 1:07pm On Mar 30, 2018
Lord Please Help Me In This Life. I Also Want To Be Wealthier Than This.
Re: World's Most Expensive Paint Cost ₦162Billion Because Of Two Arab Princes(Photo) by Flexherbal(m): 1:46pm On Mar 30, 2018
The value of a thing depends on the owner!
Re: World's Most Expensive Paint Cost ₦162Billion Because Of Two Arab Princes(Photo) by Nobody: 6:01pm On Mar 31, 2018
ogbiwa:

While some useless moslems are bombing them selves.

(1) (Reply)

How About These Wonderful Books On Animation / Pots Of Destiny- My Hand-drawn Artwork Part 1 / Can You Teach Me 3d Modelling & Character Animation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.