Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,283 members, 7,807,955 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:54 PM

Time To End The Rule Of The Class Of 1966 - El-Rufai - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Time To End The Rule Of The Class Of 1966 - El-Rufai (942 Views)

Names Of 1966 Coup Plotters.judge For Your Self & Say If It Was An Igbo Coup / Revisiting History: The Northern Counter-coup Of 1966 / The Northern Counter-coup Of 1966: The Full Story Without Bias! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Time To End The Rule Of The Class Of 1966 - El-Rufai by Nobody: 10:55pm On May 05, 2010
BUJA—FORMER Minister of the Federal Capital Territory Administration, FCTA, Mallam Nasir Ahmed El-Rufai, Wednesday , described his encounter with the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, as nice.
He told newsmen in Abuja: “It was a nice experience. We actually spent two to three hours. The rest we were waiting but the conversation with them took two to three hours.”

Mallam El-Rufai who apologized to journalists for the action of his driver towards them at the EFCC premises said he cannot be rude to journalists knowing his antecedents and his relationship with the media.

He said: “Thank you for raising that. I felt bad because it was wrong and I apologize. But we had a long day and my handlers just wanted me to go home but there was no excuse to trample on anybody. I am sorry about it.”

The former minister who promised to offset medical bills of the injured reporters, said: “No problem, if you give me their names I will go to their houses and greet them, I am sorry.

“I was at the Code of Conduct Tribunal to witness the case of Federal Republic of Nigeria against my friend, Nuhu Ribadu.

“I know Femi Falana will give you details because he was the one that did it all. I felt very, very happy because the case against Nuhu Ribadu which was a fictitious case in the first place was withdrawn. I think it was Osita Okechukwu who said no matter how bad falsehood runs it would be overtaken by the truth. Nigeria has moved to a point that truth is finally overtaking falsehood.

“In my 23-month exile, I have had to go back to read Plato and Aristotle and all that and I have learnt a lot. However, one quote tended to stick to my mind and I never came across it until in the last few years. Plato said something like this that the danger society faces when good and honest men become disinterested in government business is that they will be ruled by worse men and I think that is what has happened to Nigeria.

Preference for civil service

“I don’t know where it began but I think in the beginning this country presented its best and brightest in the public service and somewhere along the line all the best people either left the country, went to the academia or to work for oil companies, telecoms companies or banks, out of frustration.

“What we are seeing particularly in the last one year is that the real hero in Nigeria today is civil society. But for the action of the Save Nigeria Group and others that stood up for what is right, I think Nigeria would still be in a constitutional crisis and the leadership vacuum today. ”

El-Rufai stressed that those who belong to the class of 1966 plunged the country into the present political, economic and social mess, adding that against this backdrop, Nigerians should just thank them politely.

He said: “We must end the rule of the class of 1966. Let me explain what the class of 1966 is. These are people that terminated our first republic and they have been ruling Nigeria either directly or indirectly since then.”
culled from vanguard

I agree with EL
Re: Time To End The Rule Of The Class Of 1966 - El-Rufai by keyremotes(m): 1:49am On May 06, 2010
WE ARE WITNESSING A REVOLUTION WITHOUT THE SHEDDING OF BLOOD
LIKE WHAT HAPPENED IN GHANA.

WATCH OUT FOR A NEW NIGERIA.

EACH I DRIVE AROUND IN MY CAR WITH THE NIGERIAN FLAG
FLYING ON MY DASH BOARD, I REALISE I HAVE NOW WHERE ELSE TO RUN,
NO WHERE ELSE TO CALL MY OWN COUNTRY.

EVEN IF I BECOME A CITIZEN OF ANOTHER COUNTRY, I WILL ONLY BE A TOLERATED STRANGER.
THE DAY I AM PERCIEVED TO BE A THREAT I WILL BE DEPORTED.

IN NIGERIA, IT CANNOT HAPPEN.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Time To End The Rule Of The Class Of 1966 - El-Rufai by naijamini(m): 2:10am On May 06, 2010
You are tripping over yourself. This is not any revolution, All we can hope for is that we get slightly better people who at least would not do foolish things bold-facedly. Then we will complain enough that the next round of people would be better than them, etc.

But a revolution, NO!

keyremotes:

WE ARE WITNESSING A REVOLUTION WITHOUT THE SHEDDING OF BLOOD
LIKE WHAT HAPPENED IN GHANA.

WATCH OUT FOR A NEW NIGERIA.

EACH I DRIVE AROUND IN MY CAR WITH THE NIGERIAN FLAG
FLYING ON MY DASH BOARD, I REALISE I HAVE NOW WHERE ELSE TO RUN,
NO WHERE ELSE TO CALL MY OWN COUNTRY.

EVEN IF I BECOME A CITIZEN OF ANOTHER COUNTRY, I WILL ONLY BE A TOLERATED STRANGER.
THE DAY I AM PERCIEVED TO BE A THREAT I WILL BE DEPORTED.

IN NIGERIA, IT CANNOT HAPPEN.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Time To End The Rule Of The Class Of 1966 - El-Rufai by keyremotes(m): 2:13am On May 06, 2010
Could you please define REVOLUTION.
Re: Time To End The Rule Of The Class Of 1966 - El-Rufai by Dede1(m): 2:15am On May 06, 2010
These pseudo-looters tend to wise-up when they ran afoul of the very benevolent government that saw them into places of power and influence. Mallam Ahmed El-Rufai supported the government of Nigeria led by the so-called class of 1966 that prosecuted war of attrition against Biafra. El Rufai hitched a joyous hike on the wings of the government led by the class of 1966 with batting an eye lid. As far as I am concerned, Mallam Ahmed El-Rufai is intertwined with the class of 1966.

1 Like

Re: Time To End The Rule Of The Class Of 1966 - El-Rufai by Nobody: 2:39am On May 06, 2010
Dede1:

These pseudo-looters tend to wise-up when they ran afoul of the very benevolent government that saw them into places of power and influence. Mallam Ahmed El-Rufai supported the government of Nigeria led by the so-called class of 1966 that prosecuted war of attrition against Biafra. El Rufai hitched a joyous hike on the wings of the government led by the class of 1966 with batting an eye lid. As far as I am concerned, Mallam Ahmed El-Rufai is intertwined with the class of 1966.

I think it is not enough to see things from your own point of view all the time. or Express view points that will rather be in all of mankinds interest in a narrow minded way.

Just like the aspirations of Black America evolved into civil rights, health care etc. because they know that when these things are achieved majority of Black people and white people alike can benefit.

It is time for aspirations of the old Biafra to evolve into languages like fairness, justice, egalitarianism, equal opportunities for all. Languages that all can identify with regardless of what part of Nigeria they come from. If there is any partner I know North of the Niger to project these values, it is El-Rufai.

To dismiss those willing to work with you to achieve life long political aims just because they heriditarily belong to the other side is not politically smart thing to do.

Democracy is a game of numbers, you can either build concensus majority by winning converts or get narrower and narrower by driving away heretics.
Re: Time To End The Rule Of The Class Of 1966 - El-Rufai by naijamini(m): 2:40am On May 06, 2010
I feel your pain, but except angels descend from heaven we have to work with what we have. What we have to ensure this time is that we don't let the worst of the bad take the reign.

If we delivered government to Rufai and Co., and we HOLD THEIR FEET to the fire each day of the week then we might shorten the time to truly great leaders in Nigeria.

If we handed it over to IBB, who's only taste of power is military power, it would be like trying to teach an old fighting dog to watch babies - expect blood!

Dede1:

Re: Time To End The Rule Of The Class Of 1966 - El-Rufai by keyremotes(m): 2:47am On May 06, 2010
naijamini:

I feel your pain, but except angels descend from heaven we have to work with what we have. What we have to ensure this time is that we don't let the worst of the bad take the reign.
Well said.
Re: Time To End The Rule Of The Class Of 1966 - El-Rufai by naijaking1: 8:00am On May 06, 2010
mikeansy:

I think it is not enough to see things from your own point of view all the time. or Express view points that will rather be in all of mankinds interest in a narrow minded way.
Just like the aspirations of Black America evolved into civil rights, health care etc. because they know that when these things are achieved majority of Black people and white people alike can benefit.

It is time for aspirations of the old Biafra to evolve into languages like fairness, justice, egalitarianism, equal opportunities for all. Languages that all can identify with regardless of what part of Nigeria they come from. If there is any partner I know North of the Niger to project these values, it is El-Rufai.

To dismiss those willing to work with you to achieve life long political aims just because they heriditarily belong to the other side is not politically smart thing to do.

Democracy is a game of numbers, you can either build concensus majority by winning converts or get narrower and narrower by driving away heretics.

You're the man.
Too bad nobody pays to give such an insightful write up.
Re: Time To End The Rule Of The Class Of 1966 - El-Rufai by MagicBishop: 10:18am On Oct 20, 2020
This dwarf goat was forming opposition with ease back. under Yaradua, today he is killing , jailing and bulldozing houses of his critics and opponents to his satanic APC govt.

(1) (Reply)

Minorities Will Never Get Political Power W/out Zoning-yakasai / Abuja: The Eagle Will Be Landing Tomorrow In Abuja / I Knew I Would Leave Prison Alive - Obasanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.