Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,471 members, 7,781,367 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:17 PM

In The Face Of It All, Unilorin Remains BETTER BY FAR! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / In The Face Of It All, Unilorin Remains BETTER BY FAR! (530 Views)

Pictures Of University Of Ilorin, The Better By Far / Drone Shot Of University Of Ilorin(better By Far) (pics) / Studying Hard Is Pointless. Do Better By Studying Smart. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

In The Face Of It All, Unilorin Remains BETTER BY FAR! by Nobody: 10:55am On Mar 29, 2018
( A response to: https://www.nairaland.com/4417206/unilorin-7-months-semester-fall)

In response to the lament over the delay in the academic activities in the Univarsity of Ilorin, it has become pertinent to remove the dents ignorantly and ungratefully melted on the school's lush garment which was ostensibly carried out by one of her egocentric under processing products. It's obvious the painter's brush have been starved of some inks lately and this slight 'misdeed' by his victim has dewed some inks to his brush ball; well Mr writer, it may interest you to know that you ain't the only one with keen observation acumen, just some days ago such thought ruminated but it has to be shelved for more proper and clarified thoughts. And if I may add, this actually says much of your background and what likely a man or woman you are growing to be - a type that with a slight inconsistence within the four wall of the house, it has to be spread across the skyview for all who have eyes to see and devour!

Anyway, since you've decided to wash your dirty linens in the full glare of your unwilling audience, coming out to paint same in another colour to the same audience should not, I believe, harbour a feeling of contempt but a thing of honour to people like me; after all, we may be living in the same room, but our area of sight and comfort cannot at all time be same. Extolling the beauties of my academy is what I have come out to do, there's no misunderstanding!

A couple of weeks ago, with emitting empathy I listened to a friend of mine's yet another complaint about the incessant destructive delay in overall activities of his school - Administrative and academic- this was a friend who got admitted ahead of me, I'm in my 200Level 1st semester while he's on vacation for the 1st year's 2nd semester. The unreasonable part is that they are just sas the 1st semester results - not all out yet! Will this ever happen in my school, well, to be objective here, I'll maintain that such is not yet in sight and may likely never! I remember our results started popping up merely a week or two after our exams. Isn't it BETTR BY FAR, compare to that of my friend's?

I've authority to say all these, reason being that I had been to a school before and when compare what it was like there to what it is here, there is a wider dissimilarity! Taking out first, the general outlook of of the school, I expect anyone with fact to come out and refute the fact that Unilorin is a foremost student-oriented school in Nigeria. Probita doctrina is not just for gain saying, it has been blended with every modus operandi of the school, you never can tell where you learn and when your manners will be altered for good! Unilorin is morally inclined and religiously imbibed.

Talking about the administration, no doubts, fraction and cracks do occur even within the most united family, however, when compare with other households, one may be left with a deep breath of relief or a deep sigh of depression. I remember in one of our usual convos, this my friend once told me how it was likely that some members of academic staff 'ganged up' against the decision of the governing body to thwart the emergency of some particular principal officers. This led to total disruption of both bodies. Can such ever happen here, well, I won't say no but that would be when staffers (both academic and Administrative) are no more disciplined either by self virtues or imposed; and when all well laid schemes of events are no longer honored and follow through. In Unilorin, "No distraction is our attraction". With the proliferation of modern technologies and their applications via the engagement of experts with such valour, you can brush aside the enquiry on how possible examination results of over 20thousands students could come out just a week after seating. Unilorin do not leave all this in the hand of technologies alone, human capacities are also harnessed and diligency is their watchword!

Further discussions with my friend reveals that even when a supposed inconsequential entity cough in his school, fever catches even the most prominent authority, little wonder the recent non academic staff industrial action also affected not only the academic staff but also the commuters, the best people like me can do for such darling friend is to pray for his school's quick recovery and may we never experienced such here, Amin.

Have you been to a school before where the mere sight of the student's ID card rope tells you what faculty, department or possibly the course he studies? Unilorin perfects such ingenuity. Of all about 15 faculties in the school, the colour of tag's rope distinguishes one from other. You may be asking to what purpose, don't forget I say Unilorin is student-oriented, there is a tip-of for the Security agency operating in school and of course, inculcating work ethics in the students before releasing them to outside world because your ID card is mandatory to be on you at all time within the school premises.

Polemics in reference to how tedious and competitive gaining admission in Unilorin could be have been on for only God knows how long now, but the truth is that being a first-choice-school (for those people that are feeding themselves with false assertion that their school is the first choice school, I guess they do not know what it means to be a school of first choice), with hundreds of thousands candidates knocking your door every year when all you could only allow in and cater for are meagre ten thousand, won't you adopt all possible strategies to bit down the numbers? Fine admission is strict however it's worth noting that it devoids ambiguity when eventually gained - you can be in the comfort zone of your room and fulfil all the righteousness via Internet, and when date for assumption is announced, enter class.

Wow! My school has the best buildings, the biggest in west Africa, the most unique in the central Antarctica; wait, what's is the essence of having infrastructure when they are only put to use when only peace has stop-over in the course of its constant chase? The infrastructure are being put to use obstructively and purpose for their erection are in constantly fight for survival in the hand of domestic supremacy battles. What a waste! Some schools are still taking breath from their old glories. Unilorin is improving day in day out on the limited resources - evolving, complementing and projecting for future!

In the same right, and of course as the bane of all arguments, academically, Unilorin, amongst her peers, is not lagging behind. There are mechanisms out in place to aid learning and teaching; as part of the school's futuristic advancement goals, moving along with the tides of technological advancement that is fast becoming inseparable with the society, infrastructure are being put in place to enable the students and staffers dive along smoothly. Worthy materials in terms of texts might not be available in their hardcopies yet, hence the need to furbish every qualified member of the university community with unhindered access to Internet at every point in time and in any place within the school environs. Ask me if such initiative is applicable else where, I'll tell it can definitely, but inherent inconsistency in their modus operandi and unavailability of savior cannot allow it manifested. The university do not want to entertain excuse for failure from her students hence provision for them an all-round access to Internet and E-library for easy access to conforming updated academic materials. This further show that Unilorin is at forefront when it come to students' welfarism. If all of these are the case in one Oba Adaniduro University, perhaps a 4year programme would not drag some destinies away from their bus-stops.

Oops! Need to add this, one school like that the other time, it's in a broad daylight when shouts from nowhere started fuming the space; everyone started running helter skelter, before the fume could subsidized, two lifeless human bodies were seeing gracing the onlookers' views. What has happened, the real original students had just had their normal communion and in this kind, blood and anguish are the bread and wine. For where? In Unilorin, you remain that tamed students until the last day of your studentship. No! That's not to tame the students ingenuity, their intellectualism and their confidence, no. That's just to tame that unnecessary vengeance, to imbibe the quality of self-restrainedness and ability to see things from other peaceful point views and applying less conflictious resolution. Security of life is guaranteed, cultism-free, fear-free; No arbitrary fighting, do it and be shown the way out - no matter whose ox is gored or whose idiotic animal's breed is flogged!

And talking about students Unionism, well, Unilorin has fundamentally taken care of that. There's students' Union, and not students' Union government. If you understand what that simple term 'government' could be interpreted to, you would understand why every wordcraft needed to be holistically looked into before allow having a legal pronouncement back up. Some schools in their tartered regalia perhaps could not look beyond the surface meanings of this word, hence their incessant scoring of own's goals. Unilorin not building rascals as students Unionists, no! With conceptual framework of Unionism, Unilorin is experimenting and industrializing what ideal politics should look like by ploughing avenue for students to engage in ideal political game in the school - such a game that devoids of rancor, bitterness, vengeance and unwarranted name-calling. After all, Unilorin believes her politically breeding intelligentsia and intellectualists (those who are ready to revolutionised our lacuna political space) would soon take over the real arena and that utopian society everyone is craving for would be achieved. Let's me drop some hints on how the game is played here: the candidates must first be digitalized; campaign is digital, presentation of manifestos is digitalized, debates are digitalized and the D-day is also digitalized. Students seat at their comfort zone to exercise their franchise. Except Unilorin, which other school does this in Nigeria, none.

So, all these said and known of, it's unexpected of anyone (not to even talk of someone who should know better) to come out to start jettison what we should all gather around and protect. What happen is not as result of internal undoing, obviously it's external! Majority of federal schools as I type are being faced with same challenge. Thank God we have people here who are working round the clock to ensure things fall back to normal and in earnest. Coming out to sharpen or get some undue encomiums over what does not not suppose to should be discouraged. When one sees his father's third leg enjoying strange breeze, unconscious of the father, do you son gather villagers to come and see it? The best that is expected of such a cultured son who believes in the pristine blessings or otherwise of his father is to first cover him up and then later tell him of what he is not being conscious; and all in hermitage.

http://www.unilorinucj.com.ng/2018/03/better-by-far-unilorin-is-morally.html

(1) (Reply)

See The Bad State Of A Secondary School In Nigeria(photo) / BAD NEWS: Secondary School Student Burnt To Death During Prayers To Pass WASSCE / KWASU Post-utme 2018 Screening Form Is Out(all Necessary Informations Available)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.