Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,416 members, 7,800,872 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:22 AM

Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! - Literature (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! (121757 Views)

You Can Now Read The Full Version Of Jewel From The Ghetto 2: The Return Of Shak / Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah / Hacked:romance And Action Novel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by JamesKudooski(m): 1:48pm On Apr 25, 2018
Ann2012:
This story is interesting, I'm glued to it. I pray nothing happens to Yemi and Yinka. Keep d updates coming Bro wink smiley

Glad you are enjoying the story, Ann2012.

Well, I pray nothing happens to them too ooo. But at times, bad things happen to good people. You never can tell You know.
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by chinonyinye: 2:13pm On Apr 25, 2018
I'm forced. to comment here. op pls Na. nothing should happen to Yemi and Yinka o abeg. Even if u have planned something, u can still tweak it na

2 Likes

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by Felixdgreat(m): 2:22pm On Apr 25, 2018
am so so loving this story... the suspense is something else... James you better call out to Yemi and Yinka ooo... nothing just happen to them oo...else Simi will just die...

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by JamesKudooski(m): 3:02pm On Apr 25, 2018
chinonyinye:
I'm forced. to comment here. op pls Na. nothing should happen to Yemi and Yinka o abeg. Even if u have planned something, u can still tweak it na

Hmmmmm! Chinonyinye, let's wait and see!

Abeg don't laugh at me ooo. What does OP stand for? I've been seeing it on Nairaland and I've been racking my brains. grin
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by JamesKudooski(m): 3:07pm On Apr 25, 2018
Felixdgreat:
am so so loving this story... the suspense is something else... James you better call out to Yemi and Yinka ooo... nothing just happen to them oo...else Simi will just die...

Felixdgreat, I'm happy you are loving this story.

Yemi, Yemi, Yemi, how many times did I call you? You better gif yourself brain oooo. That your speed, ehn? Make nothing go happen to you and Yinka oooo.

Felixdgreat say make I talk sense into your head oooo.
grin
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by rukidanty: 3:35pm On Apr 25, 2018
d story is so interesting o.. can't wait for the next update with my Heineken

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by JamesKudooski(m): 3:48pm On Apr 25, 2018
rukidanty:
d story is so interesting o.. can't wait for the next update with my Heineken

Heineken? Ah, Rukidanty! Don't let Yinka hear that oooo. You didn't say a bottle of Guuuuuuulder.

cheesy
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by JamesKudooski(m): 4:14pm On Apr 25, 2018
Please can someone tell me what OP stands for. I noticed people use it a lot here on Nairaland but I have no clue what it means.

Make una no laugh at me oooo.

Thanks guys
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by Nobody: 4:20pm On Apr 25, 2018
JamesKudooski:
Please can someone tell me what OP stands for. I noticed people use it a lot here on Nairaland but I have no clue what it means.

Make una no laugh at me oooo.

Thanks guys
mean original poster oya come Nak us update
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by JamesKudooski(m): 4:37pm On Apr 25, 2018
Faspen:
mean original poster oya come Nak us update

Woooow! I would never have thought of that!

Faspen, ori e wambe (your head is there.)
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by rukidanty: 4:51pm On Apr 25, 2018
JamesKudooski:

Heineken? Ah, Rukidanty! Don't let Yinka hear that oooo. You didn't say a bottle of Guuuuuuulder.

cheesy
yinka won't know about it

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by chinonyinye: 5:02pm On Apr 25, 2018
JamesKudooski:

Hmmmmm! Chinonyinye, let's wait and see!

Abeg don't laugh at me ooo. What does OP stand for? I've been seeing it on Nairaland and I've been racking my brains. grin

not only you o. I also don't know the meaning of op o.

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by IAmXcessiz(m): 5:11pm On Apr 25, 2018
JamesKudooski:

IAmXcessiz, I'm waving ooo.

I sight you.....Keep up the good work

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by JamesKudooski(m): 6:01pm On Apr 25, 2018
rukidanty:
yinka won't know about it

Okay ooooo. Anyway, Yinka even has more pressing matter at hand at the moment. He doesn't even know if he would survive or not.
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by JamesKudooski(m): 6:06pm On Apr 25, 2018
IAmXcessiz:

I sight you.....Keep up the good work

Thanks baba.
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by JamesKudooski(m): 6:07pm On Apr 25, 2018
chinonyinye:

not only you o. I also don't know the meaning of op o.

Faspen just helped us out. He said its ORIGINAL POSTER.
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by JamesKudooski(m): 6:52pm On Apr 25, 2018
NEW EPISODES LOADING...

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by JamesKudooski(m): 7:24pm On Apr 25, 2018
EPISODE 40
(CHAPTER THIRTEEN)

Yinka was the first to see it so he called out, “Watch out, Yemi!”

“Jeeeeezzzzz!” Yemi screamed the moment he turned his attention back to the road. There was a big ditch right in the middle of the road that seemed to have suddenly appeared from nowhere and Yemi was running right into it. With heart thumping against his chest in aggression and hands firmly holding on to the steering wheel, his brain jolted to work within a fraction of a second trying to analyse his best course of action. Matching on the brakes was the surest way to the grave. Swerving left was not an option too because a truck was by his left hand side. His best option was a swerve to the right which was equally dangerous but seemed to be the option with the least risk. Swerving a high vehicle such as a SUV at such a speed might steer the vehicle out of control thereby tumbling into the bush at the side of the road.

Yinka stretched and clung to his seat with all his strength. His legs trembling and sweats running like tap from his temple. Yemi applied short repeated pressure on the brakes in order to break the speed of the vehicle a little bit. The tyres made a screeching sound. And when he was about running into the ditch, he made a quick swerve to the right. The SUV tilted at an angle that lifted both left tyres completely off the ground.

“Ohhhhhhhhh!” Yinka screamed. He didn’t let go of his grip though. His heart almost dropped off his mouth.

Yemi quickly turned the steering left, the vehicle bounced back on all four wheels and swung left heading straight into a stationary trailer on the left side of the road. It galloped throwing Yemi and Yinka up and down their seats. They felt the seat belts tightened, pinning them to seats.

“Hang on, Yinka!” Yemi screamed. He quickly pumped on the brakes some more. The tyres screeched louder. As they were about to crash into the trailer, Yemi swerved right again. The vehicle made a swooshing sound as it veered off the trailer by the whiskers.

“JEEEESUS!!!” That was Yinka again.

The vehicle skewed right once more with a roaring sound. It bumped into a shallow pothole and was tossed high up in the air with all four wheels lifted completely off the ground. It landed some distance away in the middle of the road bouncing up to three times before skidding left and right some distance more in a zigzag fashion. The tyres screeched. The shock absorbers squeaked. The engine roared. And Yinka screamed. It began to slow down. Then it stopped. All along, Yemi never let go of the steering wheel for once. He held it tightly to maintain a reasonable control of the vehicle.

Meanwhile, other commuters seeing what was happening ahead had slowed down and stopped. Many of them had come out of their automobiles watching as Yemi’s car bounced and ‘danced’ in front of them. Many were getting ready for a rescue mission should it eventually lose full control and summersault as ordinarily it should have. It looked like a sporting spectacle where racers performed thrilling stunts with their cars.

Yemi and Yinka got out of the car, bent over with hands resting on their knees, wheezing and coughing. Faces full of sweats, cloths soaked and gumming to their bodies. Both friends looked at each other and a laughter broke out. It was a laughter they themselves could not explain. They weren’t sure if was the laughter of joy or simply laughing at each other’s reaction during the just concluded episode. “We made it. Oh, my God. We made it,” they both echoed.

The onlookers rushed over to them. They congratulated them when they found out that they were okay. Many commended Yemi for his driving skills and the way he manoeuvred the vehicle to a stop with minimal damage. Many offered to help. Fortunately for them, amongst them was a mechanic who checked the car which engine was now smoking. He adjusted a few things and told them that the damage was not much. They could still drive it to their destination at a very low speed but had to take it for a comprehensive check up immediately they returned to Lagos.

They thanked him and others. And after the tension in their systems died down, they hit the road again but this time more carefully.

To be continued ... Watch Out for the Next Episode!

NB: The book is NOW AVAILABLE on online stores. For those who don't want to wait for each episode to be released, get the book here:

1. OKADABOOKS: http://okadabooks.com/book/about/jewel_from_the_ghetto/18237

2. BOLDSCHOLAR: https://www.boldscholar.com/books/jewel-from-the-ghetto

3. SMASHWORDS: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/814412

Àdùkẹ́!
...My Story, My World.

2 Likes

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by PreshyG(f): 7:26pm On Apr 25, 2018
Wow! Dat was pretty close. Weldone Op

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by JamesKudooski(m): 7:36pm On Apr 25, 2018
EPISODE 41
(CHAPTER THIRTEEN)

Hours later, they arrived at Ajele Village. Yemi saw the ginormous Iroko tree at the entrance of the village and a familiar feeling swept through him. He remembered Simisola had brought him here during their last visit and had told him stories surrounding the tree. The smell of fresh leaves and the cool breeze under the tree had soothed his nerves. It was where they had their first kiss. He felt like alighting from the car. He felt like running under the tree and whirled himself around with arms stretched apart sucking in the pleasant memories the tree represented to him. But again, he remembered that his task here this time around was to find Simisola first.

They soon caught sight of the Fatundes’ residence. The mud house offered some lovely memories of the hospitality of Simisola’s parents and siblings. In their own little way, they had made the trip a pleasant one for him. He relished every moment of the last trip with Simisola by his side in her family home.

As they approached the house, Simisola’s mother was the first to see them. A mixed feeling took over her. She didn’t know whether she should be happy that he came back or to be angry with him that he made her precious daughter pass through hell since he left her in the lurch as it were. He called her husband’s attention.

Moments later, they were all seated inside the house discussing. Simisola’s mother cried as she narrated the ordeal Simisola had gone through in the past weeks. Simisola had fully lost every ounce of life in her. Sorrow had become her food and misery her best companion. She had been spending every single day clutching Yemi’s picture and crying over it to the point that the picture had become discoloured by her constant tears dropping over it. She had turned ashen and emaciated. Her hair had grown long and unkempt and she had visited the local traditional doctors several times without being able to heal her of her pains.

Mrs Fatunde went ahead to explain that she initially hated Yemi for his actions especially whenever she felt her daughter’s misery and agony. But she later realized that she couldn’t really blame him considering the circumstances surrounding the breakup and the ever convincing pictures.

Yemi didn’t know when he began to cry too. He knew he could never forgive himself if anything happened to Simisola. Simisola’s father consoled his wife while Yinka consoled his friend.

“Mama,” Yemi drew back the phlegm that almost dropped off his nose. “Can I see her, please?” His eyes had turned red as a result of the cry.

“She is ...” She cleaned her eyes with the edge of her wrapper. “She is ... not here anymore.”

“Not here anymore? Mama, how?”

Mrs Fatunde was too emotionally wrecked to talk. The words stuck in her throat. The moment she forced herself to answer, she broke down.

To be continued ... Watch Out for the Next Episode!

NB: The book is NOW AVAILABLE on online stores. For those who don't want to wait for each episode to be released, get the book here:

1. OKADABOOKS: http://okadabooks.com/book/about/jewel_from_the_ghetto/18237

2. BOLDSCHOLAR: https://www.boldscholar.com/books/jewel-from-the-ghetto

3. SMASHWORDS: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/814412

Àdùkẹ́!
...My Story, My World.

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by skubido(m): 7:37pm On Apr 25, 2018
Sir James tanks a lot 4d update. How was ur day

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by devilmaycry1(m): 7:59pm On Apr 25, 2018
thank alot for that hw is ur day

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by JamesKudooski(m): 7:59pm On Apr 25, 2018
PreshyG:
Wow! Dat was pretty close. Weldone Op

Yeah, so close. God must have answered our prayers for them.

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by JamesKudooski(m): 8:00pm On Apr 25, 2018
skubido:
Sir James tanks a lot 4d update. How was ur day

Skubido baba, UWC. My day was brilliant. Hope yours was too?
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by JamesKudooski(m): 8:02pm On Apr 25, 2018
devilmaycry1:
thank alot for that hw is ur day

Devilmaycry1, UWC. My day was great. Trust yours was good too.

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by devilmaycry1(m): 8:06pm On Apr 25, 2018
yea oooooo

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by Phyllis195: 8:30pm On Apr 25, 2018
Tnx a lot ...pls con

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by Ann2012(f): 8:37pm On Apr 25, 2018
Thanks for the update, I'm happy nothing happened to Yemi and Yinka. Two chilled bottle's of Gulder for u. grin

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by skubido(m): 8:38pm On Apr 25, 2018
JamesKudooski:

Skubido baba, UWC. My day was brilliant. Hope yours was too?

Ya. More update ooooooooooooooo

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by JamesKudooski(m): 8:52pm On Apr 25, 2018
devilmaycry1:
yea oooooo

wink
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by JamesKudooski(m): 8:54pm On Apr 25, 2018
Phyllis195:
Tnx a lot ...pls con

Phyllis195, UWC bruv.
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by JamesKudooski(m): 8:55pm On Apr 25, 2018
Ann2012:
Thanks for the update, I'm happy nothing happened to Yemi and Yinka. Two chilled bottle's of Gulder for u. grin

Wow! Your head is there jor.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (29) (Reply)

The Journal Of A Nymphomaniac / No More Room For Love- By Loudest Thoughts / My Final Year Love: Perfect Rejection Season 2 (MFYL PR2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.