Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,702 members, 7,802,092 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:58 AM

Software developers. A question regarding work-life balance. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Software developers. A question regarding work-life balance. (1141 Views)

How do You Maintain Work , Learning And Personal Life Balance / How Well-paid Are Software Developers In Nigeria? / Time Complexity Guide For Developers - A Short Primer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Software developers. A question regarding work-life balance. by Nobody: 5:31pm On Mar 29, 2018
Hello @software developers.

How do you balance social and family activities with your professional life. This question goes to all, both freelance and 9-5 workers (8-4, in Nigeria). Do you get to show at every social engagement or does your work take much of your time?

IS there even anything like work-life balance in this field?

Do you unplug from your project when you get home? Is it possible to forget about that new feature you were trying to implement back in the office or the bug that boggles you?

Share for all to learn. Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Software developers. A question regarding work-life balance. by Nobody: 6:15pm On Apr 03, 2018
Check it out.
Re: Software developers. A question regarding work-life balance. by Dmayor7(m): 4:55pm On Apr 04, 2018
Ibelievee:
Hello @software developers.

How do you balance social and family activities with your professional life. This question goes to all, both freelance and 9-5 workers (8-4, in Nigeria). Do you get to show at every social engagement or does your work take much of your time?

IS there even anything like work-life balance in this field?

Do you unplug from your project when you get home? Is it possible to forget about that new feature you were trying to implement back in the office or the bug that boggles you?

Share for all to learn. Thanks.

Its really hard sha... I sometimes cut my date short just because a new idea popped inside my head on how to tackle a particular bug that has been bugging my codes.

At times, I will forget to even eat or cook anything to eat until late into the night...

I lost most of my peers because I don't usually show up for Sunday eve drinks and groove.

In all, I am always fulfilled whenever i get a project right.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Cyber Attacks: Robots Are Learning War / Apply For Union Bank Campus Innovation Challange / Deconstructing Cloud Computing: My Experience By Thankgod Ukachukwu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.