Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,582 members, 7,809,112 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:34 PM

Obiano To Pay New Minimum Wage In July - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Obiano To Pay New Minimum Wage In July (18389 Views)

Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) / Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? / Does New Minimum Wage Affect All Salary Earners? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obiano To Pay New Minimum Wage In July by Blue3k(m): 7:13am On Mar 30, 2018
By Nwafor

Sunday As states in Nigeria struggle to pay workers salary, the Governor of Anambra state, Chief Willie Obiano has completed plans to pay minimum wage to workers from July, 2018. A statement disclosed by the National Coordinator APGA Media Warriors Forum, Evang Chinedu Obigwe on Thursday.

Willie Obiano

According to him, “Our alert Governor has maintained his payment principles. Twenty-eight of every month has always been the payment day. Obiano does not owe salaries, he pays them as and when due”, he said.

He commended the Governor’s plan to launch a 50years sustainable development plan, noting that such plan will go a long way in entrenching development in the State.

Obigwe equally lauded the Governor for the creation of youth empowerment and creative economy council, saying that the council will be of a great help to Anambra youths.

Speaking on corruption, Obigwe said that Obiano had planned to run a corrupt free government, thus the reason he invited Magu, the EFCC Chairman to the retreat held for his new appointees.

He advised opposition party members to desist from further distraction and distortion of peace in the state.  He equally noted that in a due time Governor Obiano will conduct Local Governments election.

In another development, Obiano was said to have distributed 40 Innoson SecurityTrucks to Combat Crime in the state. Newsmen gathered that the vehicles were carefully distributed among security agencies covering the Police, Army, Navy, Civil Defence and Ocha Brigade.

“My Governor is indeed working”, Obigwe finally said.

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/03/obiano-pay-minimum-wage-july/

Front Page: lalasticlala

6 Likes

Re: Obiano To Pay New Minimum Wage In July by bjayx: 7:53am On Mar 30, 2018
Nice one

3 Likes

Re: Obiano To Pay New Minimum Wage In July by jerryunit48: 7:53am On Mar 30, 2018
I don’t know why people are talking negative things about Willie but I think he is working well , just take a look at Delta state which is just across the bridge and you will not see any job done even with oil money , Willie should please show Okowa how to do things Abeg .Okowa is the worst Governor in the entire Nigeria

66 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obiano To Pay New Minimum Wage In July by nrexzy: 7:54am On Mar 30, 2018
Best eastern governor after okoroacha

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obiano To Pay New Minimum Wage In July by HCpaul(m): 7:54am On Mar 30, 2018
I so much love Yoruba governor's

They have a heart

This is very commendable

Proudly Afonja

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obiano To Pay New Minimum Wage In July by fa4dmike(m): 7:54am On Mar 30, 2018
Minimum wage of how much

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obiano To Pay New Minimum Wage In July by Nobody: 7:55am On Mar 30, 2018
Good one

But wait ooio

Is it the same minimum wage other states started paying since GEJ era them want start their own now

E good sha

13 Likes

Re: Obiano To Pay New Minimum Wage In July by alsudaes1(m): 7:55am On Mar 30, 2018
Which one??

The present #18,000 or the PROPOSED #? that we don't know yet

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obiano To Pay New Minimum Wage In July by tayecrypto: 7:55am On Mar 30, 2018
undecided
Re: Obiano To Pay New Minimum Wage In July by freeze001(f): 7:55am On Mar 30, 2018
Consistent growth! Better than motion n noise with no movement.

3 Likes

Re: Obiano To Pay New Minimum Wage In July by gozzlin: 7:55am On Mar 30, 2018
Anambra adigo mma. smiley

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obiano To Pay New Minimum Wage In July by Amirullaha(m): 7:55am On Mar 30, 2018
Qudos....
But I still insist that the minimum wage should not be 54k just yet, they could simply make it 34-35k because some governors will use that as an excuse for not paying sometimes citing; "no money"...

Quote reasonably..

3 Likes

Re: Obiano To Pay New Minimum Wage In July by Nobody: 7:55am On Mar 30, 2018
angry

Meaning they've actually been paying some people below the minimum wage since?.

My heart goes out to the secretaries...

Imagine a government agreeing to start paying minimum wage of #18,000 (which is actually their right to collect) in this modern day, and some people here are commending them, instead of probing them to know why they have refused to pay the stipulated minimum wage all along.... Indeed, Nigeria deserves the kind of government it has...

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obiano To Pay New Minimum Wage In July by emmyid(m): 7:56am On Mar 30, 2018
How I don't.. What was he paying before?

14 Likes

Re: Obiano To Pay New Minimum Wage In July by mysteriousman(m): 7:56am On Mar 30, 2018
Nice but which of the minimum wage

8 Likes

Re: Obiano To Pay New Minimum Wage In July by jakpowa: 7:56am On Mar 30, 2018
Better
Re: Obiano To Pay New Minimum Wage In July by Tmemzi: 7:56am On Mar 30, 2018
See Governor wey get sense nau. Not these useless nitwits closing roads to welcum the dullard from daura!!!!
bjayx:
Nice one

4 Likes

Re: Obiano To Pay New Minimum Wage In July by Aden777(m): 7:56am On Mar 30, 2018
alsudaes1:
Which one??

The present #18,000 or the PROPOSED #? that we don't know yet
Good Q?

3 Likes

Re: Obiano To Pay New Minimum Wage In July by SexyCrixus25(m): 7:56am On Mar 30, 2018
Commendable!

1 Like

Re: Obiano To Pay New Minimum Wage In July by fa4dmike(m): 7:57am On Mar 30, 2018
I don't just get this, is it the minimum wage that states have been paying or the new minimum wage??

15 Likes

Re: Obiano To Pay New Minimum Wage In July by otokx(m): 7:58am On Mar 30, 2018
Sad joke

6 Likes

Re: Obiano To Pay New Minimum Wage In July by Valeriano(m): 7:58am On Mar 30, 2018
Willie is willingly working.

Anambra adibago mma

6 Likes

Re: Obiano To Pay New Minimum Wage In July by Robisky001(m): 7:58am On Mar 30, 2018
How much is the minimum wage? Is it the 18k or the proposed 30k? Whichever it's a good sign that the State is been managed by a technocrat.
Re: Obiano To Pay New Minimum Wage In July by ruggedized1: 7:58am On Mar 30, 2018
At least 30-40k

fa4dmike:
Minimum wage of how much
Re: Obiano To Pay New Minimum Wage In July by marshallmoni(m): 7:59am On Mar 30, 2018
Wetin concern me?.I just dy watch my friends on code today in case of betrayal, I don't wanna loose guard

1 Like

Re: Obiano To Pay New Minimum Wage In July by gozzlin: 7:59am On Mar 30, 2018
nrexzy:
Best eastern governor after okoroacha

Please don't say what you don't know. Okorocha is not in the same league as Obiano. Okorocha is easily the worst governor in the southeast.

4 Likes

Re: Obiano To Pay New Minimum Wage In July by pawesome(m): 7:59am On Mar 30, 2018
So to pay a labourer his due has now become an achievement?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obiano To Pay New Minimum Wage In July by Offpoint: 8:01am On Mar 30, 2018
how much? N18,000?..... some people will celebrate this and hail the guy.... and some will say "he is trying"
God bless Trump....shithole

12 Likes

Re: Obiano To Pay New Minimum Wage In July by henrygale(m): 8:02am On Mar 30, 2018
M
Re: Obiano To Pay New Minimum Wage In July by eagleeye2: 8:06am On Mar 30, 2018
How much is the minimum wage

1 Like

Re: Obiano To Pay New Minimum Wage In July by ruggedized1: 8:06am On Mar 30, 2018
Anambra is already ahead of Nigeria. This is a new minimum wage.

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/guardian.ng/news/anambra-to-pay-new-minimum-wage-in-july/amp

5 Likes

Re: Obiano To Pay New Minimum Wage In July by Blue3k(m): 8:07am On Mar 30, 2018
Yeah the state paid below 18k minimum wage.

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is It Advisable To "INSULT" Your Wicked Boss When Quitting? / Why You Need To Find A 2nd Source Of Income After Your Salary / Icsan - Institute Of Chartered Secretaries And Administrators.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.