Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,053 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:08 AM

My Car Consumes 69 Litres Of Fuel, But Tank Capacity Is 60 Litres, Why? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Car Consumes 69 Litres Of Fuel, But Tank Capacity Is 60 Litres, Why? (1361 Views)

The Effect Of Fuel Subsidy Removal On The Prices Of Cars / My Car Consumes Too Much Fuel, Pls Help / My Car Consumes So Much Fuel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Car Consumes 69 Litres Of Fuel, But Tank Capacity Is 60 Litres, Why? by malware: 8:15am On Mar 30, 2018
1. I have a 2008 Peugeot 307 hatchback;

2. The tank's capacity, according to the manual, is 60 litres;

3. However, whenever I go to the filling station on a barely empty tank to have my tank full, the car always consumes almost 68 litres. How is this possible?

4. Or is our litre system different from the Europe's?
Re: My Car Consumes 69 Litres Of Fuel, But Tank Capacity Is 60 Litres, Why? by taylor89(m): 8:19am On Mar 30, 2018
Take that car to Amadioha and sons Nigeria limited

The source of that cars money is not pure
Re: My Car Consumes 69 Litres Of Fuel, But Tank Capacity Is 60 Litres, Why? by aoshi: 8:27am On Mar 30, 2018
your tank has a reserve tank.
Re: My Car Consumes 69 Litres Of Fuel, But Tank Capacity Is 60 Litres, Why? by divinehand2003(m): 8:28am On Mar 30, 2018
Serious malware on the part of the manufacturers. Sue them for misinforming the innocent public.
Re: My Car Consumes 69 Litres Of Fuel, But Tank Capacity Is 60 Litres, Why? by malware: 8:47am On Mar 30, 2018
aoshi:
your tank has a reserve tank.

Can the reserve be up to 9 litres?
Re: My Car Consumes 69 Litres Of Fuel, But Tank Capacity Is 60 Litres, Why? by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:12am On Mar 30, 2018
Cars is designed to take 60liters of fuel, the remaining air space is for expansion, when filling up the tank you would have noticed the fuel delivery stops, but fuel attendant continues to force feed your car angry

You wonder why there are so many evaporative emmision codes on most cars?

2 Likes

Re: My Car Consumes 69 Litres Of Fuel, But Tank Capacity Is 60 Litres, Why? by autologic: 9:17am On Mar 30, 2018
malware:

Can the reserve be up to 9 litres?
There is nothing like reserve tank .
Reserve is just an indicator to alert motorist of low fuel available in fuel tank .

2 Likes

Re: My Car Consumes 69 Litres Of Fuel, But Tank Capacity Is 60 Litres, Why? by malware: 9:31am On Mar 30, 2018
GAZZUZZ:
Cars is designed to take 60liters of fuel, the remaining air space is for expansion, when filling up the tank you would have noticed the fuel delivery stops, but fuel attendant continues to force feed your car angry

I kinda agree with the fact that we are over-fuelling our cars, but I wonder where the extra 9 litres go undecided.
Re: My Car Consumes 69 Litres Of Fuel, But Tank Capacity Is 60 Litres, Why? by sholatech(m): 9:55am On Mar 30, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

This is quite revealing. So we should insist they stop filling the so called 'Reserve' Tank?
Re: My Car Consumes 69 Litres Of Fuel, But Tank Capacity Is 60 Litres, Why? by uboma(m): 10:53am On Mar 30, 2018
sholatech:

This is quite revealing. So we should insist they stop filling the so called 'Reserve' Tank?

There is nothing like a "reserve tank". A car is built with one tank and in some cases, two tanks depending on the type of mobile.

1 Like

Re: My Car Consumes 69 Litres Of Fuel, But Tank Capacity Is 60 Litres, Why? by aoshi: 10:59am On Mar 30, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

wow. I didn't know this.
Re: My Car Consumes 69 Litres Of Fuel, But Tank Capacity Is 60 Litres, Why? by aoshi: 10:59am On Mar 30, 2018
autologic:

Reserve is just an indicator to alert motorist of low fuel available in fuel tank .
ok. noted. thanks
Re: My Car Consumes 69 Litres Of Fuel, But Tank Capacity Is 60 Litres, Why? by Dantedasz(m): 12:24pm On Mar 30, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Thanks for this.
Attendants always insist on "filling"the reserve tank!
Re: My Car Consumes 69 Litres Of Fuel, But Tank Capacity Is 60 Litres, Why? by captainking(m): 3:43pm On Mar 30, 2018
autologic:

another one learnt today.. Nice one boss

(1) (Reply)

How Much Can I Get A Tokunbo VW GOLF3? / Meet The Current Rolls-royce Family / Have A Look At 30 Most Bizarre Car Accidents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.