Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,905 members, 7,802,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:12 AM

Does Age Really Matter When It Comes To Marriage? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Does Age Really Matter When It Comes To Marriage? (34583 Views)

Does Age Matter In Relationships ? / Does Height Really Matter When Picking A Partner? / Does Age Really Matter For A Romantic Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Age Really Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by pussyAvenger: 12:00am On Apr 01, 2018
Papoose269:
Bros you no get joy oh
Naija girls deserve his type

1 Like

Re: Does Age Really Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by KingOfSkills: 12:02am On Apr 01, 2018
Shugarlord213:
My brother forget woman and do your own best. If you can’t cope walk out simple. Marriage benefits this h.oes anyways. Your hustle and sweat goes for her comfort. Personally to me only ass-lickers get married.

Motherless babies home day for me to adopt fine baby. if I wan nacck woman, my car day attract a lot of ladies both in church, streets, restaurants etc

My story....

I abstained from women for 4 months and hustled... ordinary Camry muscle way I day drive I don fvck pass 19 girls since this year start. If I see say the girl na brokeazz, i just drive my camry 2.2

Nigerian girls are h.oes and guys if you no get car girl go day use you do anyhow. Forget sex for couple of months, save your money and fvck her and her friends all year

I can count about 6 girls way I fuvk them and their mama coded. I just hate poosie and ass- lickers. Listen to me, if you are still on leggediz benz, we way get car go fuvk your gf and her mama and we don’t care about how you feel since you have decided to think with your di.k

Once I naacck a babe, I no even day allow her shower. I take her to the busstop, squeeze #500 for her hand... most times as soon as she steps out of my car I just zoom off with out any Goodbye or whatever.

I have over 40 ladies single and married on my WhatsApp. Over 76 unread messages... I hope your babe no day among, if she is I don’t care how you feel I go nacck am...

I got no respect whatsoever for any female human being way day bend down pisssss

Except you be Virgin I don’t mind settling down with you, and please Don’t start whining about virgins with bad character, for a lady to abstain from s.xx till her beloved guy married her is a sign she can definitely stick to you, i cherish loyalty over everything else
who let the dogs out?

u are really a dog in Camry 2.2

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Age Really Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by valentineuwakwe(m): 12:02am On Apr 01, 2018
Shugarlord213:
My brother forget woman and do your own best. If you can’t cope walk out simple. Marriage benefits this h.oes anyways. Your hustle and sweat goes for her comfort. Personally to me only ass-lickers get married.

Motherless babies home day for me to adopt fine baby. if I wan nacck woman, my car day attract a lot of ladies both in church, streets, restaurants etc

My story....

I abstained from women for 4 months and hustled... ordinary Camry muscle way I day drive I don fvck pass 19 girls since this year start. If I see say the girl na brokeazz, i just drive my camry 2.2

Nigerian girls are h.oes and guys if you no get car girl go day use you do anyhow. Forget sex for couple of months, save your money and fvck her and her friends all year

I can count about 6 girls way I fuvk them and their mama coded. I just hate poosie and ass- lickers. Listen to me, if you are still on leggediz benz, we way get car go fuvk your gf and her mama and we don’t care about how you feel since you have decided to think with your di.k

Once I naacck a babe, I no even day allow her shower. I take her to the busstop, squeeze #500 for her hand... most times as soon as she steps out of my car I just zoom off with out any Goodbye or whatever.

I have over 40 ladies single and married on my WhatsApp. Over 76 unread messages... I hope your babe no day among, if she is I don’t care how you feel I go nacck am...

I got no respect whatsoever for any female human being way day bend down pisssss

Except you be Virgin I don’t mind settling down with you, and please Don’t start whining about virgins with bad character, for a lady to abstain from s.xx till her beloved guy married her is a sign she can definitely stick to you, i cherish loyalty over everything else

only you get this awards and achievements and you are happy abi? my brother, dats not life..forget the car things and girls....you forget you hv sisters abi...dnt sell this ur bad notion or ideas about girls or women...they are special and should be respected...who cares about how many you slept with or unread messages. .grow up....if you still continuing sleeping with married women, dats it it end time story.....just think, change n get married...

1 Like

Re: Does Age Really Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by Gift10: 12:03am On Apr 01, 2018
It matters a lot people will tell u it doesn't matter but in reality it does matter.

1 Like

Re: Does Age Really Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by AZeD1(m): 12:05am On Apr 01, 2018
Gift10:
It matters a lot people will tell u it doesn't matter but in reality it does matter.
Please explain how it matters.
Re: Does Age Really Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by yemre(m): 12:08am On Apr 01, 2018
Truth be told, u have said it all
Memories12411:
No one will tell you that it matters because there's nothing to hold on to in terms of religion and traditions. But let me be sincere with you "it matters". Women get older earlier than men because of the nature of their bodies. After some years into the marriage you will begin to see people giving her unnecessary respect thinking she's your elder sister or mum. How will you feel?. When your friends marry younger women your wife will not be comfortable with the relationship because she will be the older one and inferiority complex will set in. Like wise when you you are with her friends and their husbands you will be treated like a small boy because you are the same boy her friends know. Again, your family will be telling her to her face that you married an old woman. Finally, the two of you at home. Will she respect you when she knows she is older? I'm not saying it doesn't or it can't happen but if you can stand what comes out of it you can go ahead. I stand to be corrected.
Re: Does Age Really Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 12:08am On Apr 01, 2018
Flowers95:
It absolutely matters. I’ve been married for 8 years plus, I can’t speak from experience. Women age faster than men, after she has given birth to two kids, she’ll look like your mother. Young man when you hit 35-40, you’ll start feeling the urge to feel young again. You’ll feel more of an attraction towards 20 something year olds, that’s where the problems will begin. I married a man who is 12 years older than I am, best decision of my life. Good day!
Madam age has nothing to do with marriage in my own opinion.How can you advice ladies to marry men 6-10 years their senior because they age faster who told you that?If the woman takes care of herself she could be in her 50's and still look young.Some of the advice you give concerning marriage makes me laugh and please don't come with line of when you are older you would understand our experiences are different so I cannot experience what you had.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Age Really Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by redsun(m): 12:12am On Apr 01, 2018
You marry when you are mentally capable of making rational decision and when you are capable of taking care of yourself. People that are not able to take care of themselves are like Children and should never make the mistake of starting a family of their own.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Age Really Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by MARKone(m): 12:14am On Apr 01, 2018
Shugarlord213:

My story....

Just having this feeling that you are still in your momma's house and you actually don't own a car. OP listen to this trash and your own peril.

10 Likes

Re: Does Age Really Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by akinadesun: 12:16am On Apr 01, 2018
good
Re: Does Age Really Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by AZeD1(m): 12:18am On Apr 01, 2018
Its suffering that makes a wife age faster than her husband.

9 Likes

Re: Does Age Really Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by eyinjuege: 12:19am On Apr 01, 2018
You have a relationship going well from all indications. You want to walk out on it because of age. Don't go and use your hand to carry younger devil into your life o. Beauty always fades, what is left is character. That's what you should be after at this stage of your life.
If you love someone, you do regardless of their age or whatever.
A lot of exes who still hook up after marriage didn't marry themselves because of stupid reasons, yet they are still drawn together. Prince Charles despite being married to a young beautiful Diana still went searching for the love of his life- the old haggard Camilla.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Does Age Really Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by zeb04(f): 12:21am On Apr 01, 2018
Flowers95:
Okay good luck sir. When you’re 40 come back to his post.

if your husband would have left you,that's fine.don't speak for others.

I am married just like you and my husband is over that age and I am still enjoying my marriage,just like yesterday

abeg.speak for yourself aunty

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Age Really Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by HeyCorleone(m): 12:21am On Apr 01, 2018
Memories12411:
No one will tell you that it matters because there's nothing to hold on to in terms of religion and traditions. But let me be sincere with you "it matters". Women get older earlier than men because of the nature of their bodies. After some years into the marriage you will begin to see people giving her unnecessary respect thinking she's your elder sister or mum. How will you feel?. When your friends marry younger women your wife will not be comfortable with the relationship because she will be the older one and inferiority complex will set in. Like wise when you you are with her friends and their husbands you will be treated like a small boy because you are the same boy her friends know. Again, your family will be telling her to her face that you married an old woman. Finally, the two of you at home. Will she respect you when she knows she is older? I'm not saying it doesn't or it can't happen but if you can stand what comes out of it you can go ahead. I stand to be corrected.

What a load of horseshit.

4 Likes

Re: Does Age Really Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by AreaFada2: 12:27am On Apr 01, 2018
My opinion is YES & NO.

YES in that it depends on culture & personality. In Africa we lay much emphasis on respect. Also much emphasis on wife being submissive to hubby as culturally & religiously expected. If you try correcting her she might say "you're not even senior to me, how dare you correct me?" So the way you both flow during courtship will be a pointer. Assuming any of you do not suddenly bring out a hidden "character" after your wedding. Like being a control freak, stubborn and never accepting being wrong, etc.

NO if you both have a modern relaxed out look, take decisions jointly, have understanding families who are not meddlesome and not particularly traditional. In terms of hubby-wife position in the family.

Other things can be sorted. Another plus side is that you both have more or less same experience of life. That is great for friendship in marriage as your memories of life & time will be similar. No chance to lecture each other on how things used to be long ago. grin

Some here on NL claim women age faster, well gone are the days women had 9 or more children that ruined the body with so much stress. There are gyms now. People can also now eat sensibly & healthily. So many women can now remain in top shape into early 60s.

3 Likes

Re: Does Age Really Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by Papoose269(m): 12:27am On Apr 01, 2018
pussyAvenger:
Naija girls deserve his type
bro I don't necessarily agree with him oh. The time he's using to f$&k all those women, if he invested it into something better maybe he'd be bragging about driving an AMG Mercedes not Camry muscle that some people now use for cab. Naija girls no good, the same goes for naija boys, I'm a guy and I know what some of my friends have done to nice homely girls so there's no need to live life as a revenge mission. As for the married women he's dealing with, except he doesn't ever want to get married, he better get ready for karma. Whenever I see a woman I like the first question I ask is "are you married", that might be a silly thing to do but I would rather go to third mainland bridge and jump into the lagoon than to have an affair with a married woman.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Does Age Really Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by Nobody: 12:27am On Apr 01, 2018
eyinjuege:
You have a relationship going well from all indications. You want to walk out on it because of age. Don't go and use your hand to carry younger devil into your life o. Beauty always fades, what is left is character. That's what you should be after at this stage of your life.
If you love someone, you do regardless of their age or whatever.
A lot of exes who still hook up after marriage didn't marry themselves because of stupid reasons, yet they are still drawn together. Prince Charles despite being married to a young beautiful Diana still went searching for the love of his life- the old haggard Camilla.
You mean the lizard face Camilla, no be me talk am o!! Na one Saudi king call her lizard face..
Re: Does Age Really Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by sammieguze(m): 12:41am On Apr 01, 2018
Memories12411:

Thank God you didn't conclude which is a good thing.
From experience, idk maybe I was lucky though but someone who will respect you will respect you either she is older or not.
If I were to use my own experience to generalize, I would simply say there is absolutely nothing wrong.
Infact, they re more respectful and matured.

What comes in the way in the long run is the ego of not wanting to be seen as a weakling so you start forming am a man or I can handle this without her.

Don't look at her as if she is older.
Look at her as who she is. Your wife to be and treat her how you would treat your wife and believe me, you would have for yourself a very supportive matured woman. Another mother probably.

8 Likes

Re: Does Age Really Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by abbiboy: 12:42am On Apr 01, 2018
Bros let no one deceive u it matters,women age fast n quick,so to avoid embarrassing questions in future like is she ur aunty,pls think twice!!advice from an elder to me and from me to you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does Age Really Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by abbiboy: 12:45am On Apr 01, 2018
Gbam!!!
Re: Does Age Really Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by Kennydoc(m): 12:47am On Apr 01, 2018
Shugarlord213:

My story....

U're finished. Only the Holy Spirit can help you.
May this Easter season serve to draw you closer to God.

1 Like

Re: Does Age Really Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by OPTIMUSPRIME08: 12:53am On Apr 01, 2018
Age matters only to weak and men with lack of self worth, marriage is meant to be a union, a vow to be with one until ur last breath but now people take advantage and selfish interest into it, in the next blaa blaa she will age faster blaaa blaa has kept most men unmarried and irresponsible because most younger ones are not matured enough to reasoning along with them... 10 years old, 5 years old is shit once she can reproduce, there is a genuine love, understanding, commitment and compassion take her to the altar, the aging process ain't the problem the problem is ageing with lost of memories and love with your partner.. I have a lady i love but is also years ahed, to me its okay but to her i can't even think of such.. Goodluck with ur decision and know someone somehow prays for these blessing you're confused about.. Shalom!

7 Likes

Re: Does Age Really Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by industrialchemi: 12:54am On Apr 01, 2018
Shugarlord213:

My story....

. So those ones you have slept with ain’t good for marriage?.
Re: Does Age Really Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by nike4love: 12:56am On Apr 01, 2018
Flowers95:
Okay good luck sir. When you’re 40 come back to his post.

Oga family life no get formula.......

2 Likes

Re: Does Age Really Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by kolaish(m): 1:00am On Apr 01, 2018
Memories12411:
Op, if you really care about a happy married life, this quote above simply says it all. Marriage is not a journey of 2 years but a lifetime commitment, don't just jump into it with this 'love is blind syndrome', If you don't marry her, someone else will marry her and vice versa for you. The mere fact that you are thinking about her age now simply means it may hunt you for the rest of your married life. whether you like it or not, no couple ever lives their married life without one quarrel or the other, so when you want to stand your ground as the husband and she is adamant, you may feel it is because of the fact that she is your senior.

3 Likes

Re: Does Age Really Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by mikolo80: 1:01am On Apr 01, 2018
seriously
swiz123:

grin grin
Re: Does Age Really Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by mikolo80: 1:03am On Apr 01, 2018
so e de pain una
UyaiIncomparabl:

Good morning dude!
I'm not really new. I've been on Nairaland for few months with a different moniker. I don't just comment. I read and pass. Too many insensitive people filling the whole place like 'debris'.

And hey, I wasn't worked up over his bad-tempered attitude. I just had to let him have a piece of my 'thought'. It really hurts to have read that.
How're you doing?
Re: Does Age Really Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by missjane: 1:11am On Apr 01, 2018
Look out for the necessary qualities for a lasting marriage . Age is not one of them..it's immaterial provided she's of age to marry. Being older or younger doesn't guarantee that a woman has a good head on her shoulders. Just like when you are building a house, u go for more expensive foreign materials because u are interested in the durability of the building .
Marriage is a spirit issue not physical .if ur spirit is attracted to hers then she is ur soul mate

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does Age Really Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by selfemployed(m): 1:27am On Apr 01, 2018
Shugarlord213:

My story....

The purpose of getting married is beyond child bearing.

Two are better than one. Marriage makes you stronger.

Who will keep you company in time of loneliness and need. You think people have time for you always?

You seems too confident of your lifestyle. You don't know what is called std? One day you'll speak from experience
Re: Does Age Really Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by david22uu(m): 1:27am On Apr 01, 2018
Shugarlord213:

My story....

No respect including ur mum

Wetin dey vex me for this guy be say him mama do naming ceremony for am...

6 Likes

Re: Does Age Really Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by Newboss(m): 1:29am On Apr 01, 2018
valentineuwakwe:

only you get this awards and achievements and you are happy abi? my brother, dats not life..forget the car things and girls....you forget you hv sisters abi...dnt sell this ur bad notion or ideas about girls or women...they are special and should be respected...who cares about how many you slept with or unread messages. .grow up....if you still continuing sleeping with married women, dats it it end time story.....just think, change n get married...
Why are Africans so obsessed with marriage? angry

It can't be more than religion! angry

Oh yeah, the religious book says, do not fùck who you ain't married to! angry What a mess! angry

Nothing more valuable than a person's personal space! angry Maintain that space... Be the boss of that space... And there will be peace on earth angry That's one thing religion never gets to see! angry

You can have children without being married and still actively taking care of the children better than most married people do. angry

Stop thinking "marriage"! angry Get yourself a life, not a wife! angry
Re: Does Age Really Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by Newboss(m): 1:38am On Apr 01, 2018
selfemployed:

The purpose of getting married is beyond child bearing.

Two are better than one. Marriage makes you stronger.

Who will keep you company in time of loneliness and need. You think people have time for you always?

You seems too confident of your lifestyle. You don't know what is called std? One day you'll speak from experience
You obviously are out of touch with reality! angry

You better learn how to keep yourself company... Women no send o. angry Look around and you will see it! angry

Those teenage fantasy of yours na big load of trash! angry You will only wake up when you finally get married amd see that you didn't actually marry a robot, but a human being as "terrible and complicated" as a human being! angry

I hope you don't get used and dumped like trash at the end of the day angry

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How Do I Say "i Love You" In Edo Language? / My Relationship Is Static. Mature Minds Only Please / Throwback Picture Of Valentine's Day In 1965

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.