Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,539 members, 7,808,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:31 PM

Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) - Satellite TV Technology (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) (68839 Views)

How To Connect Several Dishes To A Receiver Using Diseqc Switches / Maximize My Connections - See My 3 Dishes (pix Attached) / Connecting Up To 4 Dishes On One Decoder Using A Diseqc (pauxis) 4x1 switch. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by Bowofola213: 8:55pm On Sep 07, 2013
Plz dis question may be annoying plz is it posibble 4 an electrician 2 repair a positional/engine use in rotating big dish
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by olenyi: 10:40pm On Sep 07, 2013
Bowofola213: Plz dis question may be annoying plz is it posibble 4 an electrician 2 repair a positional/engine use in rotating big dish

Of course. Hope u're not hoping to buy a used one from someone as the money u're gonna spend on the purchase and repair would be more than the price for a brand new one. Be guided.

Regards.
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by Bowofola213: 11:35pm On Sep 07, 2013
olenyi:

Of course. Hope u're not hoping to buy a used one from someone as the money u're gonna spend on the purchase and repair would be more than the price for a brand new one. Be guided.

Regards.
no i ave it b4 but is nt rotating d dish and plz hw much is d new 1
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by jacob2012(m): 11:28am On Sep 20, 2013
@ olenyi,sammu,suleiman3 & other gurus. Happy weekend
for sometime nw i've nt been using my dish. But yesterday when i ön it. I was unable to ge any satellite.i move by the help of jack frm intelsat 68e to nss 22w. No satellite pop out
This morning i remove the jack i used hand wether i wil be able to get any but no avail.is nt long when i changed diseqc.pls i need ur help.tanx in adv
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by SULIEMAN3(m): 3:12pm On Sep 20, 2013
jacob2012: @ olenyi,sammu,suleiman3 & other gurus. Happy weekend
for sometime nw i've nt been using my dish. But yesterday when i ön it. I was unable to ge any satellite.i move by the help of jack frm intelsat 68e to nss 22w. No satellite pop out
This morning i remove the jack i used hand wether i wil be able to get any but no avail.is nt long when i changed diseqc.pls i need ur help.tanx in adv
what happen to it prior to its leaving it down without using it for somedays ago? And also how sure are you that nobody went to your dish to temper it(i.e to disalign you dish)?
have you checked if the rf cable is still well connected to the receiver? U can find out this by looking at your signal level if it goes beyond 60 to 70%. And try again and make sure you use the correct Tp to track and also connect directly to your receiver without disecq now.
Hope olenyi and sammu will still come in to add more flavour.
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by jacob2012(m): 5:42pm On Sep 20, 2013
SULIEMAN3: what happen to it prior to its leaving it down without using it for somedays ago? And also how sure are you that nobody went to your dish to temper it(i.e to disalign you dish)?
have you checked if the rf cable is still well connected to the receiver? U can find out this by looking at your signal level if it goes beyond 60 to 70%. And try again and make sure you use the correct Tp to track and also connect directly to your receiver without disecq now.
Hope olenyi and sammu will still come in to add more flavour.
tanx sir, actually, i got startime & my family prefer it 4 nw. But nw i got another tv for fta. Dat is why am unable to use it 4 smtime
sir,if am to connect it wthout diseqc.is it the wire frm ku lnb or C band ln i wil connect to decoder
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by olenyi: 6:15am On Sep 21, 2013
SULIEMAN3:
have you checked if the rf cable is still well connected to the receiver? U can find out this by looking at your signal level if it goes beyond 60 to 70%.

@jacob2012.

This is the first action to take. Go to your manual scan on your receiver and confirm that the signal quality bar is still hitting up to 70% and above.

Try disconnecting the Diseqc and connecting the ku lnb directly to the receiver.

Also as you are using a big dish with jack, theirs also a possibility that it could have gone out of its set alignment.

Regards.
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by jacob2012(m): 8:11am On Sep 21, 2013
tanx my guru. I will check d signal. Pls sir, if the problem is frm alignment. what shall i do then
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by SULIEMAN3(m): 9:17am On Sep 21, 2013
jacob2012: tanx my guru. I will check d signal. Pls sir, if the problem is frm alignment. what shall i do then
then you will have to realign your dish.
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by jacob2012(m): 9:47am On Sep 21, 2013
SULIEMAN3: then you will have to realign your dish.
pls sir, how can i realign it.can i do myself,or i need professional
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by olenyi: 10:36am On Sep 21, 2013
SULIEMAN3: then you will have to realign your dish.

wink
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by goodieuzo: 2:08pm On Sep 21, 2013
i just bought 1.8m dish supermax,there is no manual in it.i dont know how to couple it.i need help.
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by sammu(m): 3:34pm On Sep 21, 2013
goodieuzo: i just bought 1.8m dish supermax,there is no manual in it.i dont know how to couple it.i need help.
Congrats.
1.couple the dish petals together using the bolts and nuts supplied.
2 attach the neck ring using the holders supplied
3. Couple the dish neck and attach to the ring at the base of the dish
4. Attach the 3 tripod stands and lnb holder plate
5. Mount on pole
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by sammu(m): 3:51pm On Sep 21, 2013
here is the pix of my 1.8m supermax

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by goodieuzo: 7:35pm On Sep 21, 2013
hmm.i have been studying this neck since.i dont know how to couple this.
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by Zeetry: 9:03pm On Sep 21, 2013
[Samm author=goodieuzo]hmm.i have been studying this neck since.i dont know how to couple this.[/quote]
goodieuzo: hmm.i have been studying this neck since.i dont know how to couple this.

@Sammu SMH, k in d house , ogberi in da house , how ph.
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by olenyi: 9:35pm On Sep 21, 2013
goodieuzo: hmm.i have been studying this neck since.i dont know how to couple this.

If u could look around your area, you could look up a neighbours and couple it accordingly.

Regards.
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by trek4000: 5:43pm On Sep 22, 2013
How can I attach Two C band lnb' to my motorised 2.4m dish one with fibre plate and one without? If possible pictures would be helpful so I also see the positions of the Lnb skew.
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by olenyi: 9:46pm On Sep 22, 2013
Bowofola213: no i ave it b4 but is nt rotating d dish and plz hw much is d new 1

if your jack is still noy rotating, you might wanna look up this link.

https://www.nairaland.com/442760/motorising-big-dishes-1.8meters-above/8

And by the way, a new one sell for around #2700.
Regards.

1 Like

Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by sammu(m): 10:05pm On Sep 22, 2013
3 in 1 setup
1. Ku lnb
2. Supermax dielectric cband
3. Strong non dielectric cband

Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by olenyi: 10:22pm On Sep 22, 2013
trek4000: How can I attach Two C band lnb' to my motorised 2.4m dish one with fibre plate and one without? If possible pictures would be helpful so I also see the positions of the Lnb skew.

@trek4000.

Lucky you. Finally got what i was looking for. Take your time and go through the links below. You wont regret it.

https://www.nairaland.com/712408/free-air-satellite-tv-general/297

https://www.nairaland.com/712408/free-air-satellite-tv-general/295

https://www.nairaland.com/712408/free-air-satellite-tv-general/294#14657440

Copyright @George_D cheesy

Regards
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by jacob2012(m): 12:23pm On Sep 23, 2013
olenyi:

@jacob2012.

This is the first action to take. Go to your manual scan on your receiver and confirm that the signal quality bar is still hitting up to 70% and above.

Try disconnecting the Diseqc and connecting the ku lnb directly to the receiver.

Also as you are using a big dish with jack, theirs also a possibility that it could have gone out of its set alignment.

Regards.
goodmorning sir
when i check d signal the level was @ 37% while Quality @10%
please help
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by olenyi: 2:17pm On Sep 23, 2013
jacob2012:
goodmorning sir
when i check d signal the level was @ 37% while Quality @10%
please help

Check your wire/cable, make sure its still good and attached to the back of the receiver. And that its not cut along the line.

Also remove the Diseqc and connect it direct to see if the quality will come up to 70 and above. If so, then the Diseqc is the culprit.

If all these are ok, then replace your lnb. It might be faulty.

Regards.
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by jacob2012(m): 2:46pm On Sep 23, 2013
olenyi:

Check your wire/cable, make sure its still good and attached to the back of the receiver. And that its not cut along the line.

Also remove the Diseqc and connect it direct to see if the quality will come up to 70 and above. If so, then the Diseqc is the culprit.

If all these are ok, then replace your lnb. It might be faulty.

Regards.
tanx sir. I will do that,i wil give the feedbk
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by goodieuzo: 8:16pm On Sep 28, 2013
how do i get H-H motor for 1.8 dish?help me
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by olenyi: 9:24pm On Sep 28, 2013
goodieuzo: how do i get H-H motor for 1.8 dish?help me

Go to your dealer and request for a jack and Positioner.

H-H motors are for small dishes.

Regards.
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by trek4000: 11:29am On Sep 30, 2013
Hi Guru' out there? can anyone in zambia help me with the three satellites east,west and centre that i can capture when aligning my motorised 2.4m Dish.
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by SULIEMAN3(m): 11:45am On Sep 30, 2013
trek4000: Hi Guru' out there? can anyone in zambia help me with the three satellites east,west and centre that i can capture when aligning my motorised 2.4m Dish.
try obtaining maximum signals on the following sats: dstv(12245h27500), eutelsatw3a(12728h/v30000), go to west and track CNN(03983v25000). I think the given satellites should do you good.
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by olenyi: 5:14pm On Sep 30, 2013
trek4000: Hi Guru' out there? can anyone in zambia help me with the three satellites east,west and centre that i can capture when aligning my motorised 2.4m Dish.

SULIEMAN3: try obtaining maximum signals on the following sats: dstv(12245h27500), eutelsatw3a(12728h/v30000), go to west and track CNN(03983v25000). I think the given satellites should do you good.

You should use intelsat 20k (mytv) or C (Aljazeera) for the east.

better still, mytv for east, W3a for centre and nss7 for west. Or ewtn/Aljazeera (intelsat 20c) / itv, eatv, star tv on intelsat 906 for east, pentagon on intelsat 10-02 for center and cnn for west.

Regards.
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by trek4000: 2:52pm On Oct 01, 2013
olenyi:

You should use intelsat 20k (mytv) or C (Aljazeera) for the east.

better still, mytv for east, W3a for centre and nss7 for west. Or ewtn/Aljazeera (intelsat 20c) / itv, eatv, star tv on intelsat 906 for east, pentagon on intelsat 10-02 for center and cnn for west.

Regards.

thanks mate
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by RapidBTSNG: 9:02pm On Oct 12, 2013
cc cam

Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by goodieuzo: 11:06am On Oct 13, 2013
i have finally assemble the 1.8m dish.give me frequncy and how to set my decoder to track arabsat 5c.i have set up my 1.8m dish

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

40+ Free Channels- Watch All Nigerian Church Tv Channels / Free Sport Stations 2015 Updated / Mbc2,mbc3,mbc4,mbc Action, Mbc Max,mbc Variety On 26°east.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.