Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:51 PM

Any Alternate Source Of Funding Education? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Any Alternate Source Of Funding Education? (448 Views)

The State Of Funding For Education In Nigeria / Sources Of Funding EDUCATION In Nigeria / Buhari Government Worst In Education Funding – ASUU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Any Alternate Source Of Funding Education? by EVarn(m): 12:53pm On Mar 31, 2018
I want to ask intellectual nairalanders about ideas on what other sources of funding education(apart from the government) we can explore as a nation.

We are making a lot of noise about human development, but it appears that currently the government does not have the kind of money needed to propel education, while building infrastructure and embarking on social interventions at the same time.

So, let the ideas start rolling in.
Re: Any Alternate Source Of Funding Education? by Blue3k(m): 1:08pm On Mar 31, 2018
No escaping the need to fund public school better. The local governments and states should be doing more to fund education. The state finds money for everything else somehow.

School choice education tax vouchers. I here this idea being thrown around in US and on some YouTube channels I watched. Basically parents use public money to send kids to school of choice basically subsiding education. We already have some decent private schools.

Learn other skills online Coding bootcamp work, learn trade via being apprentice. I don't know just spit balling.

(1) (Reply)

UI NEWS: Heavy Rain Destroy Tedder Hall’s Roof,and Other Buildings In University / Graduating With 2nd Class Lower Isn’t The End / 400,000 Additional School Teachers Needed In Nigeria Between Now And 2030

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.