Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,182 members, 7,807,584 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:47 PM

These Are Signs That You Might Have Liver Failure - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / These Are Signs That You Might Have Liver Failure (44550 Views)

6 Common Signs That You Are Not Eating Enough Protein (Photos) / Fruits Ripened With Carbide Can Cause Heart, Kidney And Liver Failure - NAFDAC / Don Prince Sampe Undergoes Liver Transplant, About To Die, Calls For Prayers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

These Are Signs That You Might Have Liver Failure by bloomstar: 5:00pm On Mar 31, 2018
Liver failure is a life-threatening condition that requires hospitalization. Many people do not have any liver damage symptoms until serious liver problems have already developed slowly and silently.

Liver failure occurs if the liver has lost all of its function due to cirrhosis caused by different liver diseases, signs and symptoms of liver failure is what we will discuss in this post.

What are the common causes of cirrhosis?

-Hepatitis B & C
-Alcohol-related Liver Disease
-Non-alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease (NAFLD) & Non-alcoholic Steatohepatitis (NASH)
-Autoimmune Hepatitis
-Bile duct disease such as Primary Biliary Cirrhosis (PBC) and Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis (PSC)
-Metabolic diseases such as Hemochromatosis, Wilson disease and Alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency

What are the symptoms and signs of liver failure caused by cirrhosis?

For some people, cirrhosis is diagnosed unintentionally. Cirrhosis often does not have any specific signs and symptoms in the early stage. The non-specific symptoms may be:

-Nausea
-Loss of appetite
-Fatigue
-Diarrhea
-Jaundice (yellowing of the skin and whites of the eyes)
-As cirrhosis progresses, symptoms and complications can appear that make it apparent that the liver is not doing well.
These could be the symptoms of Hepatic Encephalopathy (HE) and other complications due to cirrhosis. In addition to Hepatic Encephalopathy (HE), following complications are signs of liver damage or cirrhosis:

-Fluid build up and painful swelling of the legs (edema) and abdomen (ascites)
-Bruising and bleeding easily
-Enlarged veins in the lower esophagus (esophageal varices) and stomach (gastropathy)
-Enlarged spleen (splenomegaly)
-Stone-like particles in gallbladder and bile duct (gallstones)
-Liver cancer (hepatocellular carcinoma)
-Chronic liver failure indicates that the liver has been failing gradually, possibly for years.

If the liver is failing, a liver transplant may be needed in some cases.
share.

source: http://generalhealthinfo.com/2018/02/15/signs-and-symptoms-of-liver-failure/

2 Likes 5 Shares

Re: These Are Signs That You Might Have Liver Failure by protocol(m): 6:50pm On Mar 31, 2018
FTC. I give God all the glory for if u can think it, u can achieve it. I dedicate this great accomplishment to gazzuzz for the beautiful work he does to my car.

7 Likes

Re: These Are Signs That You Might Have Liver Failure by Nobody: 6:50pm On Mar 31, 2018
angry angry angry

☣ ☠

Well said and educative.
Yet getting a regular medical check up is the best. At least once in a while. But the problem in this part of the world is money, and poor health scheme and system and GOVERNMENT. Buha.. lipsrsealed

Thumbs Up!

☣ ☠

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: These Are Signs That You Might Have Liver Failure by VIPERVENOM(m): 6:50pm On Mar 31, 2018
Highly informative. Thanks........... meanwhile I'm third to comment no thanks to glo

1 Like

Re: These Are Signs That You Might Have Liver Failure by Narldon: 6:50pm On Mar 31, 2018
Ok

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: These Are Signs That You Might Have Liver Failure by obainojazz(m): 6:50pm On Mar 31, 2018
Nice one.
I don't have liver or kidney failure, say no to alcohol and weed kids cool

7 Likes

Re: These Are Signs That You Might Have Liver Failure by datola: 6:50pm On Mar 31, 2018
God forbid!

1 Like

Re: These Are Signs That You Might Have Liver Failure by oluwasegun007(m): 6:51pm On Mar 31, 2018
may God deliver and heal those experiencing this.

12 Likes

Re: These Are Signs That You Might Have Liver Failure by Artistree: 6:51pm On Mar 31, 2018
Regular and proper check up are very important

4 Likes

Re: These Are Signs That You Might Have Liver Failure by yungmayor02(m): 6:52pm On Mar 31, 2018
Naija will not kill somebody.
Which one is"Madam give me sachet tin tomato

7 Likes

Re: These Are Signs That You Might Have Liver Failure by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:53pm On Mar 31, 2018
I know my Redeemer liveth

6 Likes

Re: These Are Signs That You Might Have Liver Failure by GGirll: 6:53pm On Mar 31, 2018
I've witnessed someone's dad pass on due to liver issues in a hospital....people should eat right n stop d alcohol in take.
Re: These Are Signs That You Might Have Liver Failure by Nobody: 6:54pm On Mar 31, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:
I know my Redeemer liveth

angry angry angry

☣ ☠

Yes we know. Our Redeemer liveth too

☣ ☠

1 Like

Re: These Are Signs That You Might Have Liver Failure by lilfreezy: 6:56pm On Mar 31, 2018
datola:
God forbid!

Shut up and live healthily

5 Likes

Re: These Are Signs That You Might Have Liver Failure by benjamin007: 6:56pm On Mar 31, 2018
Re: These Are Signs That You Might Have Liver Failure by Nobody: 6:56pm On Mar 31, 2018
No evil shall befall me and my family
Re: These Are Signs That You Might Have Liver Failure by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:56pm On Mar 31, 2018
GGirll:
I've witnessed someone's dad pass on due to liver issues in a hospital....people should eat right n stop d alcohol in take.

Re: These Are Signs That You Might Have Liver Failure by kmaster007: 6:57pm On Mar 31, 2018
all is well
Re: These Are Signs That You Might Have Liver Failure by GentleMoney: 6:57pm On Mar 31, 2018
Re: These Are Signs That You Might Have Liver Failure by HomeOfMe(f): 7:03pm On Mar 31, 2018
Nice post,welldone.
Re: These Are Signs That You Might Have Liver Failure by Soljaboi44(m): 7:06pm On Mar 31, 2018
Noted
Re: These Are Signs That You Might Have Liver Failure by Jflex07(m): 7:10pm On Mar 31, 2018
Whatever! you will still die once it's time
Re: These Are Signs That You Might Have Liver Failure by dyadeleye(m): 7:35pm On Mar 31, 2018
-Non-alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease (NAFLD) & Non-alcoholic Steatohepatitis (NASH)

I give up

3 Likes

Re: These Are Signs That You Might Have Liver Failure by Funjosh(m): 7:40pm On Mar 31, 2018
This is good information
Re: These Are Signs That You Might Have Liver Failure by Ade3000yrs(m): 7:44pm On Mar 31, 2018
hmmm No comment
Re: These Are Signs That You Might Have Liver Failure by Nobody: 8:04pm On Mar 31, 2018
how I wish hepatitis receives more attention esp in hyperendemic Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: These Are Signs That You Might Have Liver Failure by PrincessB1(f): 8:09pm On Mar 31, 2018
Eating healthily is the key to long life

1 Like

Re: These Are Signs That You Might Have Liver Failure by Nobody: 8:24pm On Mar 31, 2018
bloomstar:
Liver failure is a life-threatening condition that requires hospitalization. Many people do not have any liver damage symptoms until serious liver problems have already developed slowly and silently.

Liver failure occurs if the liver has lost all of its function due to cirrhosis caused by different liver diseases, signs and symptoms of liver failure is what we will discuss in this post.

What are the common causes of cirrhosis?

-Hepatitis B & C
-Autoimmune Hepatitis
-Bile duct disease such as Primary Biliary Cirrhosis (PBC) and Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis (PSC)
-Metabolic diseases such as Hemochromatosis, Wilson disease and Alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency

What are the symptoms and signs of liver failure caused by cirrhosis?

For some people, cirrhosis is diagnosed unintentionally. Cirrhosis often does not have any specific signs and symptoms in the early stage. The non-specific symptoms may be:

-Nausea
-Loss of appetite
-Fatigue
-Diarrhea
-Jaundice (yellowing of the skin and whites of the eyes)
-As cirrhosis progresses, symptoms and complications can appear that make it apparent that the liver is not doing well.
These could be the symptoms of Hepatic Encephalopathy (HE) and other complications due to cirrhosis. In addition to Hepatic Encephalopathy (HE), following complications are signs of liver damage or cirrhosis:

-Fluid build up and painful swelling of the legs (edema) and abdomen (ascites)
-Bruising and bleeding easily
-Enlarged veins in the lower esophagus (esophageal varices) and stomach (gastropathy)
-Enlarged spleen (splenomegaly)
-Stone-like particles in gallbladder and bile duct (gallstones)
-Liver cancer (hepatocellular carcinoma)
-Chronic liver failure indicates that the liver has been failing gradually, possibly for years.

If the liver is failing, a liver transplant may be needed in some cases.
share.

source: http://generalhealthinfo.com/2018/02/15/signs-and-symptoms-of-liver-failure/

If you want to donate a Liver/be a living liver donor to someone Say in Nigeria or abroad how do you go about it?
Can you help with this
Re: These Are Signs That You Might Have Liver Failure by Onyenna(m): 8:30pm On Mar 31, 2018
Thanks..
Re: These Are Signs That You Might Have Liver Failure by Awoleesu(m): 8:36pm On Mar 31, 2018
Liver failure? Sounds like when liver fail person... As in fear grab am! Lol!

BF, this is worthy of broadcasting.
Re: These Are Signs That You Might Have Liver Failure by hardbody: 9:03pm On Mar 31, 2018
obainojazz:
Nice one.
I don't have liver or kidney failure, say no to alcohol and weed kids cool

Moderate alcohol is good for you and even recommended.
Re: These Are Signs That You Might Have Liver Failure by Johnbosco77(m): 9:12pm On Mar 31, 2018
Alcohol de really help ooo

(1) (2) (Reply)

Once Upon A Time In Nigeria: Do You Remember This? / Bauchi Pregnant Woman Slices Her Stomach Due To Labour Pains (graphic Pic) / She Finally Carry Me Go HIV Test - The Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.