Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,431 members, 7,808,542 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:15 PM

TSTV Is Finally Here!!! (pics) - TV/Movies (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / TSTV Is Finally Here!!! (pics) (91515 Views)

TSTV Is Back As CEO Holds Press Conference And Rolls Out New Deals / TSTV Is Back With Exciting News / How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TSTV Is Finally Here!!! (pics) by Nobody: 5:18pm On Apr 11, 2018
na that 10gb data me i need....

i fit use am stream all arsenal matches for the month... e go still remain sef....
Re: TSTV Is Finally Here!!! (pics) by Nodogragra4me(m): 5:27pm On Apr 11, 2018
greenhulk:

So for ur mind I don't know who Toyin Subair is. The image below is from the horse's mouth himself and I'm posting the link, if u can't open the link I can copy and paste it here from u.

Do you know the difference between carling cup, europa and epl? And according to what your post who approached who first. It should be clear to somebody even less smart that dstv had approach them when they still had the epl on their kitty and hey only approach dstv when they lost it and wanted it on the same agreement earlier proposed by dstv
Re: TSTV Is Finally Here!!! (pics) by Topmaike007(m): 5:31pm On Apr 11, 2018
lacidi:

People like you never want to learn, that’s the problem. Let me break it down again. Canal+ does not have the right to broadcast EPL to Nigeria. For EPL rights, Nigeria is considered a separate entity. This was as a result of the issue that arose during the time of HiTV when the minister of communication, Francis Nweke, petitioned to Premier League requesting that Nigeria be unbundled form the sub Saharan African bouquet. Since then Nigeria is treated as a separate region. That is why you have specific Supersports channels for Nigeria different from the normal Supersports channels that are transmitted to other west African countries like Ghana etc. e.g there is SS3N, SS5N etc. The N stands for Nigeria. There is no other country in sub Saharan Africa that has the countries name attached to its Supersports channels. Hope this clarifies.

wow learn new thing today...
Re: TSTV Is Finally Here!!! (pics) by Nobody: 5:37pm On Apr 11, 2018
Nodogragra4me:

Do you know the difference between carling cup, europa and epl? And according to what your post who approached who first. It should be clear to somebody even less smart that dstv had approach them when they still had the epl on their kitty and hey only approach dstv when they lost it and wanted it on the same agreement earlier proposed by dstv

Nope I don't know the difference between Carling cup, Europa League and EPL, so educate me. So how does this make my initial statement that HiTV approached dstv to share contents invalid? Because that statement was why u wrote a long epistle and u made it look like I didn't know what I was saying. Now Whether they had initial understanding with DSTV to share 50/50 contents is subjective because I haven't heard DSTV make such statement.. but this statement was made by Toyin himself. Even if it is true they had initial agreement with DSTV it still does not make my initial comment invalid.
Re: TSTV Is Finally Here!!! (pics) by Nodogragra4me(m): 5:44pm On Apr 11, 2018
greenhulk:

Nope I don't know the difference between Carling cup, Europa League and EPL, so educate me. So how does this make my initial statement that HiTV approached dstv to share contents invalid? Because that statement was why u wrote a long epistle and u made it look like I didn't know what I was saying. Now Whether they had initial understanding with DSTV to share 50/50 contents is subjective because I haven't heard DSTV make such statement.. but this statement was made by Toyin himself. Even if it is true they had initial agreement with DSTV it still does not make my initial comment invalid.

Obviously you don't know, my dear. The reason your argument is weak... Read the correct version and stop spreading lies. Your version was made by subair but mine was authored by myself, bah...I have you link to read what toyin wrote and you are telling half of the story in a propaganda manner

What laws do you need, or what interpretations of the laws do you require, go and get it passed or adjudicated. Don’t assume its there and don’t be afraid of offending anyone. A few weeks before we lost the EPL rights we were approached by the competition to share it with them, in writing. We agreed and were completing the approvals on both sides when we lost the rights. Since they bought it, we asked them for it on the same terms as we had agreed to give it to them just 2 weeks prior, they refused. We ran to government to enforce the fairness clauses of the NBC Act but it fell on deaf ears.
Re: TSTV Is Finally Here!!! (pics) by Nodogragra4me(m): 5:51pm On Apr 11, 2018
greenhulk:

Really? Hitv was in so much debt they had no money to pay for EPL right. They even tried to broker a deal with dstv so they can share contents but dstv refused . Hitv owed GTB over 9.5 billion naira. Why do u think they lost the football right? Is it not because GTB refused to loan them any more money. And just mention any decent channels hitv had... Their service was so poor, contents so poor.

What hitv had with gtb was an equity investment not debt

Choose your shareholders carefully and know the implication of every clause in your Shareholders agreement, if you are going to sign one.
HiTV collapsed essentially because of a clause in our original Shareholders Agreement, which allowed a group of founding shareholders to block the company raising money or selling off a subsidiary. This right was exercised to block our capital raise because it was believed to be a possible ploy by another group to take control of the company. We the management were caught in the middle and it took us another 8 months to pursue the alternative that was acceptable to the shareholders but by that time the equity market had gone bust, leaving us grovelling all over for debt.

Every power you give up has future ramifications so don’t sign away your life for what may be a quick fix or a “morsel of bread” as it might come back to bite you. The same right you give to Mr A and is used wisely, will in the hands of Mr B be used to destroy your dreams.

I failed to know and manage my investors properly, which made it hard for me to mediate when they didn’t see eye-to-eye.

Perception is EVERYTHING in Nigeria.
Your neighbour, banker, staff, bloggers, enemies are watching you and it is not what you are that matters but what others see and are saying about you.
Re: TSTV Is Finally Here!!! (pics) by Nobody: 6:04pm On Apr 11, 2018
Nodogragra4me:

Obviously you don't know, my dear. The reason your argument is weak... Read the correct version and stop spreading lies. Your version was made by subair but mine was authored by myself, bah...I have you link to read what toyin wrote and you are telling half of the story in a propaganda manner

What laws do you need, or what interpretations of the laws do you require, go and get it passed or adjudicated. Don’t assume its there and don’t be afraid of offending anyone. A few weeks before we lost the EPL rights we were approached by the competition to share it with them, in writing. We agreed and were completing the approvals on both sides when we lost the rights. Since they bought it, we asked them for it on the same terms as we had agreed to give it to them just 2 weeks prior, they refused. We ran to government to enforce the fairness clauses of the NBC Act but it fell on deaf ears.

Why are u trying to twist the whole thing? The link u sent me contains exactly the same as what I read before posting my comment. The question is 'did Hitv approach Dstv to share content? The answer is yes. Did Dstv deny? The answer is yes. I don't know why u are now twisting the whole thing. Like I said, we only heard Toyin's version, he himself confirmed they approached dstv so that makes my statement valid 100%. Whether they had an initial agreement with DSTV I cannot confirm because I haven't read a statement from DSTV confirming it. Whether the government refused to help Hitv enforce fairness clause is also not confirmed. Anybody can make up a story to try and play the victim.

1 Like

Re: TSTV Is Finally Here!!! (pics) by Topmaike007(m): 6:13pm On Apr 11, 2018
Dreamswayne:
na that 10gb data me i need....

i fit use am stream all arsenal matches for the month... e go still remain sef....
are u sure it will be enough, cos I am also planning to get android TV that is preloaded with kodi.
Re: TSTV Is Finally Here!!! (pics) by Topmaike007(m): 6:16pm On Apr 11, 2018
Wilfem:
Finally gotten one for myself today, after all the wait since last year. I've also been enying their Test Transmission from time to time.
Having gotten their stuff now, my main focus is on live football matches, especially EPL and UCL, but since there's isn't live football matches today, not until tomorrow, and that's when we'll get to know about the real deal with the UCL matches.
Although, there are actually some sport channels, some showing the highlights of the weekend EPL matches. Let's see how it goes.
sir how is tstv content? planning to get one..
Re: TSTV Is Finally Here!!! (pics) by Nobody: 6:30pm On Apr 11, 2018
Topmaike007:
are u sure it will be enough, cos I am also planning to get android TV that is preloaded with kodi.
it will... 600mb per 90mins match... at least in standard definition

how does that android tv work?
Re: TSTV Is Finally Here!!! (pics) by Topmaike007(m): 6:56pm On Apr 11, 2018
Dreamswayne:

it will... 600mb per 90mins match... at least in standard definition

how does that android tv work?
it is a setup box that stream live content through some downloaded app such as kodi xbmc,UKTV now, mobdro and sling TV, you can also use it to play game such as dream league and any action games.
Amazon fire stick,Xiaomi mi box,mxq pro,mx10 and Google chrome cast are the famous ones.
I am planning to get mxq pro for myself it is around 18k on jumia..

Re: TSTV Is Finally Here!!! (pics) by Nobody: 7:01pm On Apr 11, 2018
Topmaike007:
it is a setup box that stream live content through some downloaded app such as kodi xbmc,UKTV now, mobdro and sling TV, you can also use it to play game such as dream league and any action games.
Amazon fire stick,Xiaomi mi box,mxq pro,mx10 and Google chrome cast are the famous ones.
wow, cool...

which data plan will you be using on it??
Re: TSTV Is Finally Here!!! (pics) by Topmaike007(m): 7:15pm On Apr 11, 2018
Dreamswayne:

wow, cool...

which data plan will you be using on it??
GLO network is good in my area.at least with 3k GLO will give me 12gb for month..
Re: TSTV Is Finally Here!!! (pics) by Nobody: 9:59pm On Apr 11, 2018
Nodogragra4me:

Dstv agent spotted.
Re: TSTV Is Finally Here!!! (pics) by olatunji390(m): 10:54pm On Apr 11, 2018
Topmaike007:

how do one use this, will one need only data after getting this mxq pro
Re: TSTV Is Finally Here!!! (pics) by Topmaike007(m): 11:00pm On Apr 11, 2018
olatunji390:

how do one use this, will one need only data after getting this mxq pro
yeah...only data is needed.. and if you like Nigeria content you can download iroko TV on play store but it is a paid plan

Re: TSTV Is Finally Here!!! (pics) by Nodogragra4me(m): 6:36am On Apr 12, 2018
Topmaike007:
yeah...only data is needed.. and if you like Nigeria content you can download iroko TV on play store but it is a paid plan

This is more like what tstv intends to offer on dexterity with 10g data for ₦500
Re: TSTV Is Finally Here!!! (pics) by Nodogragra4me(m): 6:44am On Apr 12, 2018
Topmaike007:

Why not Wat and get tstv dexterity which will also do all same and at a moderate cost of ₦500
Re: TSTV Is Finally Here!!! (pics) by Nobody: 7:10am On Apr 12, 2018
Nodogragra4me:

This is more like what tstv intends to offer on dexterity with 10g data for ₦500
its the tstv own am waiting for...

glo network is useless in my area...

and the other networks data plan are not too cheap
Re: TSTV Is Finally Here!!! (pics) by onome25(m): 8:16am On Apr 12, 2018
HMMMMMMMMM THE MASTER OF SATELLITE COMMUNICATIONS IS BACK IN NIGERIA!!!!@JAMES SATELLITE COMMUNICATIONS.[3 years in research].....GET THE NEW ACCOUNT TODAY FOR UR HD DECODERS USING UR MODEM OR ROUTER & ENJOY SPORTS & UR FAVOURITE PROGRAMMES....ENJOY WHILE IT LAST!!!!
Re: TSTV Is Finally Here!!! (pics) by Topmaike007(m): 10:05am On Apr 12, 2018
Nodogragra4me:

Why not Wat and get tstv dexterity which will also do all same and at a moderate cost of ₦500
okay I don't really understand how that tstv dexterity will be working cos are they partnering with any network in Nigeria.
Re: TSTV Is Finally Here!!! (pics) by Nodogragra4me(m): 6:03pm On Apr 12, 2018
Topmaike007:
okay I don't really understand how that tstv dexterity will be working cos are they partnering with any network in Nigeria.

Yes. They have Main one as the data provider and main one is actually the biggest data provider in sub Sahara Africa with their own submarine cable and lots of idle capacity. They are more than willing to shell it out through tstv
Re: TSTV Is Finally Here!!! (pics) by Topmaike007(m): 6:13pm On Apr 12, 2018
Nodogragra4me:

Yes. They have Main one as the data provider and main one is actually the biggest data provider in sub Sahara Africa with their own submarine cable and lots of idle capacity. They are more than willing to shell it out through tstv
okay
Re: TSTV Is Finally Here!!! (pics) by Nodogragra4me(m): 6:14pm On Apr 12, 2018
greenhulk:

Why are u trying to twist the whole thing? The link u sent me contains exactly the same as what I read before posting my comment. The question is 'did Hitv approach Dstv to share content? The answer is yes. Did Dstv deny? The answer is yes. I don't know why u are now twisting the whole thing. Like I said, we only heard Toyin's version, he himself confirmed they approached dstv so that makes my statement valid 100%. Whether they had an initial agreement with DSTV I cannot confirm because I haven't read a statement from DSTV confirming it. Whether the government refused to help Hitv enforce fairness clause is also not confirmed. Anybody can make up a story to try and play the victim.

Nope. You are the person trying to twist the event to seem like even when they had the epl they were begging dstv to share the rights and by extension, the cost with them which was far from the truth.

With the epl rights,they were able to surpass dstv subscriber Base in Nigeria within three years. Whereas dstv had 200,000 subscribers then, they had 250,000 and were already projecting 500,000 subscribers Base once they renewed their license.
Boardroom squabbling marred their projection not not fund or liabilities.

With tstv dexterity dstv would have to share those rights or run into losses, going forward. That android box is capable of giving all the leagues matches and even more with all the pre installed apps like mobdro.... Viewing centres would find it more profitable running like ten matches at 700mb per match while acquiring 10g for a paltry ₦500.
Re: TSTV Is Finally Here!!! (pics) by Nobody: 6:33pm On Apr 12, 2018
Nodogragra4me:

Nope. You are the person trying to twist the event to seem like even when they had the epl they were begging dstv to share the rights and by extension, the cost with them which was far from the truth.

U are still twisting my words. Go check my initial comment, I never used the word 'beg' and I said they approached datv after losing their EPL license, not when they had the license.

Nodogragra4me:

With tstv dexterity dstv would have to share those rights or run into losses, going forward. That android box is capable of giving all the leagues matches and even more with all the pre installed apps like mobdro.... Viewing centres would find it more profitable running like ten matches at 700mb per match while acquiring 10g for a paltry ₦500.

This would be a very welcomed development, that is if it actually happens. But don't get too excited because I don't think any company will offer u 10gb of 4g super fast internet @ N500. Lets not deceive ourselves here, if the internet speed is slow then streaming becomes a mess, when u try to use that at a viewing center then be prepared to be buying new TV sets because angry fans are probably going to throw missiles at the tv when it starts buffering. I have ntel unlimited, I do stream matches on wss on Android tv but I have to choose 2g poor quality to have uninterrupted stream. On a mobile phone it is watchable becsue of the small screen, on TV the pixels become visible. With MTN 4g it's watchable on standard definition, mind u MTN has the fastest 4g in Nigeria together with smile but it ain't cheap.

So before we all stat salivating, let's wait and see the kind of Internet speed tstv are bringing. As for me based on how they have started, I'm not expecting too much. Fingers crossed.

2 Likes

Re: TSTV Is Finally Here!!! (pics) by Nodogragra4me(m): 7:05pm On Apr 12, 2018
greenhulk:

U are still twisting my words. Go check my initial comment, I never used the word 'beg' and I said they approached datv after losing their EPL license, not when they had the license.

This would be a very welcomed development, that is if it actually happens. But don't get too excited because I don't think any company will offer u 10gb of 4g super fast internet @ N500. Lets not deceive ourselves here, if the internet speed is slow then streaming becomes a mess, when u try to use that at a viewing center then be prepared to be buying new TV sets because angry fans are probably going to throw missiles at the tv when it starts buffering. I have ntel unlimited, I do stream matches on wss on Android tv but I have to choose 2g poor quality to have uninterrupted stream. On a mobile phone it is watchable becsue of the small screen, on TV the pixels become visible. With MTN 4g it's watchable on standard definition, mind u MTN has the fastest 4g in Nigeria together with smile but it ain't cheap.

So before we all stat salivating, let's wait and see the kind of Internet speed tstv are bringing. As for me based on how they have started, I'm not expecting too much. Fingers crossed.

Android set top boxes are already in Nigeria and working. The difference is that this one comes with cheap data and monthly subscription.... You can get one from konga and start using it right away.

Tstv is not responsible for the Internet speed but main one....that is actually drive ng the current sassy signals
Re: TSTV Is Finally Here!!! (pics) by Nobody: 7:42pm On Apr 12, 2018
Nodogragra4me:

Android set top boxes are already in Nigeria and working. The difference is that this one comes with cheap data and monthly subscription.... You can get one from konga and start using it right away.

Tstv is not responsible for the Internet speed but main one....that is actually drive ng the current sassy signals

I've not see anywhere TSTV talk about the dexterity decoder being an android TV box. And yes I know about android TV, I have one already. The info thhey gave us is that it has internet access that can be used for hotspot. I don't know where u are getting ur info that its an android set box.

1 Like

Re: TSTV Is Finally Here!!! (pics) by Nodogragra4me(m): 8:42pm On Apr 12, 2018
greenhulk:

I've not see anywhere TSTV talk about the dexterity decoder being an android TV box. And yes I know about android TV, I have one already. The info thhey gave us is that it has internet access that can be used for hotspot. I don't know where u are getting ur info that its an android set box.

OK.
Re: TSTV Is Finally Here!!! (pics) by Nobody: 8:55pm On Apr 12, 2018
Nodogragra4me:

OK.

Just saying.. expecting too much from a 5k decoder might get u disappointed. Let's just wait and see

1 Like

Re: TSTV Is Finally Here!!! (pics) by duwdu: 10:00pm On Apr 12, 2018
greenhulk:

Just saying.. expecting too much from a 5k decoder might get u disappointed. Let's just wait and see

This advice is pertinent.

P34c3
Re: TSTV Is Finally Here!!! (pics) by Nodogragra4me(m): 6:58am On Apr 13, 2018
greenhulk:

Yeah. I agree with you but the price is just penetration pricing not the real value of the decoder and at any rate, if all they do is offer data as a complimentary service it would still be a good deal

Going forward, there is no way, even if not now, that Iptv won't ultimately be part of their offering... Remember dstv has changed their decoders severally in line with their new offering like pvr..... Since they already have Internet, it may not be long before they transit into an IpTv provider as well.

This would be revolutionary for the industry here, no doubt
Re: TSTV Is Finally Here!!! (pics) by duwdu: 11:28am On Apr 13, 2018
Nodogragra4me:

Yeah. I agree with you but the price is just penetration pricing not the real value of the decoder and at any rate, if all they do is offer data as a complimentary service it would still be a good deal

Going forward, there is no way, even if not now, that Iptv won't ultimately be part of their offering... Remember dstv has changed their decoders severally in line with their new offering like pvr..... Since they already have Internet, it may not be long before they transit into an IpTv provider as well.

This would be revolutionary for the industry here, no doubt

You're an incurable optimist with regards to these service providers, I swear. Nothing wrong with that, though; but please be cautious recruiting the initiated into believing as fact speculations that are essentially "three birds in the bush."

P34c3

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

BBNaija: Erica Loses N1.8 Million After Disqualification / Ka3na Stylishly Used Her Leg To Drag Her Shorts After Sex Romp With Praise / Ozo Wins The BBNaija Innoson Car (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.