Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,725 members, 7,805,970 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:31 AM

Why Many Jews Dont Believe In Jesus Christ - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Many Jews Dont Believe In Jesus Christ (34131 Views)

Lady Who Started 2017 As A Promiscuous Girl Finds Love In Jesus / Why Do We Pray Only In Jesus Name? / I Am A Christian But Dont Believe In Heaven Or Hell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Many Jews Dont Believe In Jesus Christ by ameri9ja: 12:04am On Apr 05, 2018
PrecisionFx:

Which useless archaeological evidence.....Abeg name them

And which useless miracles Abeg name den wit evidence.

The whole Christianity ish was formed by the Italians, Its was just an Italian job.

Christianity started in Rome.

Till today Jews who are Jesus's brother's dont believe in Jesus. Do the math

Jews were too blinded by there preconceived notions to see the reality of the Person in there midst.

Those who never even met the human Jesus but only the Spirit (like Paul) were so affected by it they were willing to give up their lives for it.

Here is something written by an achaelogist:

"Along the way I hope to discover how Christian texts and traditions stack up against the discoveries of archaeologists who began sifting the sands of the Holy Land in earnest some 150 years ago.

But before I begin my pilgrimage, I need to probe an explosive question that lurks in the shadows of historical Jesus studies: Might it be possible that Jesus Christ never even existed, that the whole stained glass story is pure invention? It’s an assertion that’s championed by some outspoken skeptics—but not, I discovered, by scholars, particularly archaeologists, whose work tends to bring flights of fancy down to literal earth.

“I don’t know any mainstream scholar who doubts the historicity of Jesus,” said Eric Meyers, an archaeologist and emeritus professor in Judaic studies at Duke University. “The details have been debated for centuries, but no one who is serious doubts that he’s a historical figure.”
Re: Why Many Jews Dont Believe In Jesus Christ by ameri9ja: 12:44am On Apr 05, 2018
sonmvayina:

Jews detest Christian's yes, because Christianity was created as an insult and mockery against their God.....Daniel 7:25..

By the Romans on the order of empiror Constantine who wanted a single religion for his empire. They had to choose between mithrasm or Christianity, which was the cult of inanna and dimuzi..they choose Christianity after agueing for 4 months...forged and fabricated the new testament..they went ahead and super glued it to the Tanark..to insult the most high..

The Romans will pay....they sure will..

I can't believe a living, thinking human being actually believes this nonsense! Historical Constantine who was the last of his household to embrace christianity, whose predecessors all persecuted Christians. THAT IS HISTORY!!
Re: Why Many Jews Dont Believe In Jesus Christ by sonmvayina(m): 9:36am On Apr 05, 2018
Riofidelio:
I'm from Ogun state, Nigeria and i'm always proud of my own. Every country and national groups have their deities and they all love to continue with what their ancestors left behind for them. Egypt, Iran South(Assyria),Iraq(Babylon),Iran North with Orientals(MedoPersia),Greece,Rome,England and America. All these countries are the world powers of ancient times respectfully up to date,each had their deities that they worship back then and some in these countries are still worshipping those ancient Gods. So what happened? Their experiences with Israelites has convinced them beyond all reasonable doubt that there is an invincible God backing that small nation so all of them are now trying to relate with the God of Israel but on different levels. The Bible explained how every nation got their Gods, who are those Gods,where they come from, how powerful they are,why they're always defeated anytime they face the God of Israel and what will happen to all these powerful Spirit beings called Gods in the End. Obatala, Orunmila, Esu, Sanpana, Sango and countless others across the globe are powerful intelligent Spirit beings who transformed themselves and lived with mortals in ancient times. So while mortals die and have nothing to do with the living again these powerful Spirit beings dropped their human bodies and returned to heaven as spirits again, that's why people can call them and get response but the Bible told US about them and how they began. Therefore they're Gods of course but they can't help people when the wrath of the Almighty God comes because they're under probation presently fearful of the judgment coming upon them for leaving their proper dwelling places. When Jesus promised His followers that He is going to prepare a place for them Jesus was referring to the heavenly mansions the original dwelling places of these "FALLEN ANGELS" God bless you! If you want to know more please pray to God in any language of your choice and ask HIM to direct HIS messengers to you,when they come you will know them because they will not do things according to religious traditions but exactly as they are instructed so please humble yourself when Jesus' true followers knock your door.

The God of the jews was Marduk, the lugal dimmer ankia which means the divine king of heaven and earth. He is also Ra in Egyptian religion, Eledumare in yorubas, chukwu in igbo, osanobua in edo....jupiter in Roman etc. It is the same God, just the nomenclature that is different and the stories that man has written and told about this God..
This stories make use of the symbol and element of the culture. Like for example the symbol for wisdom in my village is the tortoise but to the jews the symbol for wisdom is woman..the type of woman tells you the type of wisdom....virgin woman is divine wisdom., a prostitute is a common wisdom or common sense, that is what God was telling Hosea to get when he asked him to marry a prostitute....
Which I know you really really need..
MARRY A PROSTITUTE.
Re: Why Many Jews Dont Believe In Jesus Christ by Nobody: 11:04am On Apr 05, 2018
ameri9ja:

Jews were too blinded by there preconceived notions to see the reality of the Person in there midst.

Those who never even met the human Jesus but only the Spirit (like Paul) were so affected by it they were willing to give up their lives for it.

Here is something written by an achaelogist:

"Along the way I hope to discover how Christian texts and traditions stack up against the discoveries of archaeologists who began sifting the sands of the Holy Land in earnest some 150 years ago.

But before I begin my pilgrimage, I need to probe an explosive question that lurks in the shadows of historical Jesus studies: Might it be possible that Jesus Christ never even existed, that the whole stained glass story is pure invention? It’s an assertion that’s championed by some outspoken skeptics—but not, I discovered, by scholars, particularly archaeologists, whose work tends to bring flights of fancy down to literal earth.

“I don’t know any mainstream scholar who doubts the historicity of Jesus,” said Eric Meyers, an archaeologist and emeritus professor in Judaic studies at Duke University. “The details have been debated for centuries, but no one who is serious doubts that he’s a historical figure.”

Oga where is ur archelogical evidence

""Those who never even met the human Jesus but only the Spirit (like Paul) were so affected by it they were willing to give up their lives for it""

Paul is a bible story, just like every other story in th bible. It proves nothing. No other historical book on earth contains information in the bible, even till today, the United nations does not treat the bible as a historical book for obvious reasons. The bible is a religious book and the world knows how ALL religious books come to light.

The bible cannot confirm the bible, Every book needs history other verified history book to back it up n that's not the case wit the bible.
Re: Why Many Jews Dont Believe In Jesus Christ by Nobody: 11:19am On Apr 05, 2018
ameri9ja:

Stop lying

Start saying the truth.

Zoe ministry is dead n buried.
Re: Why Many Jews Dont Believe In Jesus Christ by Niflheim(m): 12:59pm On Apr 05, 2018
The Jews can never accept someone who swims in a lake of se.men!!!
Re: Why Many Jews Dont Believe In Jesus Christ by ameri9ja: 1:51pm On Apr 05, 2018
PrecisionFx:

Start saying the truth.

Zoe ministry is dead n buried.

What's wrong with this guy? Here are more screens hots of upcoming events of Zoe minitries:

Re: Why Many Jews Dont Believe In Jesus Christ by ameri9ja: 1:57pm On Apr 05, 2018
PrecisionFx:

Oga where is ur archelogical evidence

""Those who never even met the human Jesus but only the Spirit (like Paul) were so affected by it they were willing to give up their lives for it""

Paul is a bible story, just like every other story in th bible. It proves nothing. No other historical book on earth contains information in the bible, even till today, the United nations does not treat the bible as a historical book for obvious reasons. The bible is a religious book and the world knows how ALL religious books come to light.

The bible cannot confirm the bible, Every book needs history other verified history book to back it up n that's not the case wit the bible.

Bros, there are too many of them. Google "9 archaeology finds that confirm the New Testament"

My man, EVERYTHING IS BASED ON COMMON SENSE AND PREPONDERANCE OF EVIDENCE.
We have no way of knowing if anything is true including our very existence. You have no way of knowing If "history" is true. Some people are vociferously saying the earth is flat and are so sure of it they are willing to to die to prove it. The bibble cannot be the only thing that requires absolute proof.
Re: Why Many Jews Dont Believe In Jesus Christ by Nobody: 5:27pm On Apr 05, 2018
ameri9ja:

Bros, there are too many of them. Google "9 archaeology finds that confirm the New Testament"

My man, EVERYTHING IS BASED ON COMMON SENSE AND PREPONDERANCE OF EVIDENCE.
We have no way of knowing if anything is true including our very existence. You have no way of knowing If "history" is true. Some people are vociferously saying the earth is flat and are so sure of it they are willing to to die to prove it. The bibble cannot be the only thing that requires absolute proof.
History books confirm history books. The bible has no backing whatsoever as proof that it happened.
Bible is a religious book, Its same with Koran n every other holy book.

Use ur common sense.
Re: Why Many Jews Dont Believe In Jesus Christ by Nobody: 5:29pm On Apr 05, 2018
ameri9ja:

What's wrong with this guy? Here are more screens hots of upcoming events of Zoe minitries:

Ur so blind oga n it seems ur 20 years old. Zoe ministry that is dead n buried is zoe ministry Nigeria. grin.
Re: Why Many Jews Dont Believe In Jesus Christ by ameri9ja: 5:52pm On Apr 05, 2018
PrecisionFx:

History books confirm history books. The bible has no backing whatsoever as proof that it happened.
Bible is a religious book, Its same with Koran n every other holy book.

Use ur common sense.

Just look at your argument! You are saying history books are confirmed by history books from which they derived their history. WHAT CONFIRMS THE ORIGINAL HISTORY BOOK? Was the author there? Even if he was, were you there? How can you trust his account? Can't u see u can say the original history book was made up by Romans or whoever? Can't u see that everything we think we know is based on common sense and preponderance of evidence? Even our very existence. You want the bible to be the only exception.

Look, my friend, at a point we really need to stop being too clever by half and admit that certain things are very likely mostly true (due to overwhelming indirect and circumstantial evidence) otherwise we will never get anywhere.

Here is a small fraction of a list of things I could dispute and you'd have no way of proving them to me (I'd use the argument of conspiracy/brainwashing/manufactured evidence/made-up books and experiments/doctored photographs and documents, etc to dispute whatever u say)
1) There is no such person as Seun. He is a composite of different people. (Even if a Seun is brought to me, I'll still say he was "created" by the conspirators as a cover-up)
2) the sun revolves around the Earth. I experience that everyday.
3) historical events never happened, they were made up. Were u there?!
4)There is no such thing as dark matter, nor is there anti-matter. Ridiculous notions.
5) there are no such things as photons, electrons, quarks. Show them to me.
6) Stars are small specs of lights in the sky, smaller than the moon.
7) The sun is smaller than the earth, much smaller.
cool Of course the earth is flat. That's a no-brainer. You can see that for yourself.
9) Black holes? Where? Don't make me laugh.

You get the drift?

Same way u accept certain things u were told without splitting hairs, let's also accept the following and stop being ridiculous.
(SO NO MORE ARGUMENTS OVER ANY OF THESE):

1) A spirit/supernatural world exists though it is not in any way detectable by scientific equipment or logic.
2) The story of the Jews and God in the Bible is essentially true though there are myths and fables mixed in but these are easily discernable.
3) the story of Jesus Christ as presented in the bible is essentially true.
4) A pious, mild-mannered, man called Muhammad had a powerful supernatural encounter that deeply traumatized him and changed him, and defined his life's mission.
5) Many African and world religions were/are backed by supernatural forces - real demonic powers.

Any more questioning of any of these, then u have to take me to a point where I can see the earth actually going around the sun for me to believe it is not the other way around.
Re: Why Many Jews Dont Believe In Jesus Christ by ameri9ja: 7:20pm On Apr 05, 2018
PrecisionFx:

Ur so blind oga n it seems ur 20 years old. Zoe ministry that is dead n buried is zoe ministry Nigeria. grin.

How can something that was never alive be dead. I've shown u evidence of a living, thriving Zoe ministries. Show me evidence of a living, thriving Zoe ministries that then died.
Re: Why Many Jews Dont Believe In Jesus Christ by Nobody: 9:34am On Apr 06, 2018
ameri9ja:

Just look at your argument! You are saying history books are confirmed by history books from which they derived their history. WHAT CONFIRMS THE ORIGINAL HISTORY BOOK? Was the author there? Even if he was, were you there? How can you trust his account? Can't u see u can say the original history book was made up by Romans or whoever? Can't u see that everything we think we know is based on common sense and preponderance of evidence? Even our very existence. You want the bible to be the only exception.

Look, my friend, at a point we really need to stop being too clever by half and admit that certain things are very likely mostly true (due to overwhelming indirect and circumstantial evidence) otherwise we will never get anywhere.

Here is a small fraction of a list of things I could dispute and you'd have no way of proving them to me (I'd use the argument of conspiracy/brainwashing/manufactured evidence/made-up books and experiments/doctored photographs and documents, etc to dispute whatever u say)
1) There is no such person as Seun. He is a composite of different people. (Even if a Seun is brought to me, I'll still say he was "created" by the conspirators as a cover-up)
2) the sun revolves around the Earth. I experience that everyday.
3) historical events never happened, they were made up. Were u there?!
4)There is no such thing as dark matter, nor is there anti-matter. Ridiculous notions.
5) there are no such things as photons, electrons, quarks. Show them to me.
6) Stars are small specs of lights in the sky, smaller than the moon.
7) The sun is smaller than the earth, much smaller.
cool Of course the earth is flat. That's a no-brainer. You can see that for yourself.
9) Black holes? Where? Don't make me laugh.

You get the drift?

Same way u accept certain things u were told without splitting hairs, let's also accept the following and stop being ridiculous.
(SO NO MORE ARGUMENTS OVER ANY OF THESE):

1) A spirit/supernatural world exists though it is not in any way detectable by scientific equipment or logic.
2) The story of the Jews and God in the Bible is essentially true though there are myths and fables mixed in but these are easily discernable.
3) the story of Jesus Christ as presented in the bible is essentially true.
4) A pious, mild-mannered, man called Muhammad had a powerful supernatural encounter that deeply traumatized him and changed him, and defined his life's mission.
5) Many African and world religions were/are backed by supernatural forces - real demonic powers.

Any more questioning of any of these, then u have to take me to a point where I can see the earth actually going around the sun for me to believe it is not the other way around.

Look at this Piglet Oo, I am not an Atheist so this useless evolution long stuff u wrote is useless to me.

""Was the author there"

Yes, History books have authors n those authors where there wen it happend, That why its acceptable to All nations n governments on earth.

The Christian bible origin is purely dead on arrival. I Christians claim that Man wrote the bible thru the inspiration of the holy spirit.

Now this is as silly as it gets. The Bible didn't say Man wrote the bible with influence kf the spirit, the creator's of Christianity simply created that phrase to make the bible Authentic.........That's why its a religious book.

1 Like

Re: Why Many Jews Dont Believe In Jesus Christ by Nobody: 9:36am On Apr 06, 2018
ameri9ja:

How can something that was never alive be dead. I've shown u evidence of a living, thriving Zoe ministries. Show me evidence of a living, thriving Zoe ministries that then died.

Check ur useless screenshots, Didnt u see the phone numbers there didn't start with 080

I'm talking about Zoe ministry Nigeria that use to be massive across Nigeria decades ago, Now it's as dead as the dead sea.
Re: Why Many Jews Dont Believe In Jesus Christ by Nobody: 9:42am On Apr 06, 2018
divicoded:

I don't fight with mad people in the market square
Free to say all rvbbish all day

""I don't fight with mad people in the market square""

Oga he isn't fighting u.

Ur claiming fight because u have no answer to the question.
Re: Why Many Jews Dont Believe In Jesus Christ by OgundeleT(m): 9:51am On Apr 06, 2018
shugamummy:

Just a thought,can you confirm where they buried your Mohammed and he rot there like every other mortal. YES you can. Now is there anywhere in 2000 yrs that it's stated Jesus tomb was discovered with his body decomposed. No because those who were with Him and who sacrificed their life for His sake affirmed down history line that he rose from the dead and also resurrected. He divided history and if He is not son of God,the church would have been dead by now. Yet He is not like your Mohammed who used sword to force people into his belief. Yet he stated that the gate of heaven will never prevail against his church. How can someone say this 2000years ago and it's being fulfilled today. Tell me one singly prophesy of Mr. Mohammed that has happened or its about to happen since day one.

whether Mohammed has tomb or not isn't my problem and it is not our bone of contention here, all we are saying is that Mohammed is highly respected in Saudi till tomorrow. by the way, do you even have any evidence that Jesus ever existed apart from the one you read in biblie? stop thinking I am a Muslim because I am not a Christian. both Mohammed and Jesus has done more harm to humanity than their good deeds, only if the later ever existed as they claimed.

1 Like

Re: Why Many Jews Dont Believe In Jesus Christ by ameri9ja: 1:52pm On Apr 06, 2018
PrecisionFx:

Check ur useless screenshots, Didnt u see the phone numbers there didn't start with 080

I'm talking about Zoe ministry Nigeria that use to be massive across Nigeria decades ago, Now it's as dead as the dead sea.

Never heard of it. That's the God's honest truth. That shows how massive it was. I showed u evidence. Where is yours?
Re: Why Many Jews Dont Believe In Jesus Christ by ameri9ja: 2:07pm On Apr 06, 2018
PrecisionFx:

Look at this Piglet Oo, I am not an Atheist so this useless evolution long stuff u wrote is useless to me.

""Was the author there"

Yes, History books have authors n those authors where there wen it happend, That why its acceptable to All nations n governments on earth.

The Christian bible origin is purely dead on arrival. I Christians claim that Man wrote the bible thru the inspiration of the holy spirit.

Now this is as silly as it gets. The Bible didn't say Man wrote the bible with influence kf the spirit, the creator's of Christianity simply created that phrase to make the bible Authentic.........That's why its a religious book.

Who said u r an atheist? Sir, can you read at all?
This is what I wrote:
"Just look at your argument! You are saying history books are confirmed by history books from which they derived their history. WHAT CONFIRMS THE ORIGINAL HISTORY BOOK? Was the author there? Even if he was, were you there? How can you trust his account?"

You are the only one who doesn't know that 99.999999999999% of people who write what happened were never there when it happened or they only witnessed a very small part of what happened.

Why do we believe them? Same reason we believe the earth is round.
Here again is something I wrote:

"Look, my friend, at a point we really need to stop being too clever by half and admit that certain things are very likely mostly true (due to overwhelming indirect and circumstantial evidence) otherwise we will never get anywhere.

That's same reason we know the bible is mostly true - overwhelming indirect and circumstantial evidence.
Re: Why Many Jews Dont Believe In Jesus Christ by ameri9ja: 2:41pm On Apr 06, 2018
OgundeleT:

whether Mohammed has tomb or not isn't my problem and it is not our bone of contention here, all we are saying is that Mohammed is highly respected in Saudi till tomorrow. by the way, do you even have any evidence that Jesus ever existed apart from the one you read in biblie? stop thinking I am a Muslim because I am not a Christian. both Mohammed and Jesus has done more harm to humanity than their good deeds, only if the later ever existed as they claimed.

My friend everything we think we know is based on common sense and preponderance of indirect and circumstantial evidence. Otherwise how do you know,example, ancient Rome was not made up?
Also, clearly, Christianity has been good for humanity.
Re: Why Many Jews Dont Believe In Jesus Christ by Nobody: 2:50pm On Apr 06, 2018
ameri9ja:

Who said u r an atheist? Sir, can you read at all?
This is what I wrote:
"Just look at your argument! You are saying history books are confirmed by history books from which they derived their history. WHAT CONFIRMS THE ORIGINAL HISTORY BOOK? Was the author there? Even if he was, were you there? How can you trust his account?"

You are the only one who doesn't know that 99.999999999999% of people who write what happened were never there when it happened or they only witnessed a very small part of what happened.

Why do we believe them? Same reason we believe the earth is round.
Here again is something I wrote:

"Look, my friend, at a point we really need to stop being too clever by half and admit that certain things are very likely mostly true (due to overwhelming indirect and circumstantial evidence) otherwise we will never get anywhere.

That's same reason we know the bible is mostly true - overwhelming indirect and circumstantial evidence.

Oga the earth is round, we believe it because of practical experiments we have run, Ur example does not connect to what's on ground.

""THE ORIGINAL HISTORY BOOK""

We have original history books written by men n even other books confirm events in the history book.

Stop trying to prove the bible was written by men thru the holy spirit.......Cuz the bible was written n rewritten several countless times by the white men.

The bible is and will remain a religious book till thy kingdom come.
And the bible isn't a historical book in the world.
Re: Why Many Jews Dont Believe In Jesus Christ by ameri9ja: 4:25pm On Apr 06, 2018
PrecisionFx:

Oga the earth is round, we believe it because of practical experiments we have run, Ur example does not connect to what's on ground.

""THE ORIGINAL HISTORY BOOK""

We have original history books written by men n even other books confirm events in the history book.

Stop trying to prove the bible was written by men thru the holy spirit.......Cuz the bible was written n rewritten several countless times by the white men.

The bible is and will remain a religious book till thy kingdom come.
And the bible isn't a historical book in the world.

My friend, even forget history (which has been shown time and again to be wrong), how do u even know I exist outside your head?
EVERYTHING we think we know is based on common sense and preponderance of indirect and circumstantial evidence. COMMON SENSE will tell anybody who has ever actually read the powerful words of Christ that they couldn't have been made up out of thin air. But with the INTERNET gullible people like you would believe anything.
And speaking of flat earth...

The Earth is round, and other myths, debunked by the flat Earth movement 

Moving with missionary zeal, Nathan Thompson swept into a brewpub here bearing a battered globe under his arm with the words "this is a scam" scrawled on the side.

He dropped the defaced orb like a vanquished enemy on a table amid pints of beer.

A 16-year-old boy approached and said his friend had started a GoFundMe campaign to prove the world is a disk. Moments later a middle-aged man declared, "Earth is flat, not spheroid!"

Thompson beamed.

With more people rejecting traditional sources of information and the internet giving rise to a variety of alternative worldviews, the granddaddy of all conspiracy theories is enjoying a renaissance and Colorado is the epicenter.

Thousands of YouTube videos claim the world is flat, gravity is uncertain, space is fake and the curvature of the planet is an optical illusion. Followers say the globe-earth ruse is perpetuated by a powerful cabal determined to make humans feel small and powerless.

Mark Sargent, a software analyst from Boulder now living in Seattle, is the primary organizer of the movement and has made more than a thousand videos. He believes Colorado's open-mindedness accounts for its prominent position among believers.

Back in 2015, when he typed "flat Earth" into YouTube he'd get 50,000 hits. Now it's more than 18.7 million, beating out Lady Gaga and closing in on Donald Trump at about 21.3 million. Sargent said he suspects millions of believers remain "in the closet" to avoid ridicule.

"My channel broke 10 million views in December," he said. "This is my full-time job now."

Sargent, 49, became a believer after watching videos and realizing he could "no longer prove the globe."

I don't know the motivation for hiding the truth," Nichols said. "The sobering part of this is that you have been lied to and continue to be lied to."

Back at the Golden pub, Bob Knodel, a 57-year-old engineer whose "Globebusters" series has more than 2.6 million views on YouTube, held forth on the flat Earth universe.

"The sun is about 3,419.5 miles away by my calculations. It's not a burning ball of hydrogen gas, it is electrostatic energy," he said. "We don't know how it's powered."

Brian Gegan, 55 and not a flat Earther, wandered over.

"So you believe the Earth is flat and stationary?" he asked.

Thompson jumped in: "We don't believe, WE KNOW! We live in a closed system. The Earth is not spinning. What would keep us on it if it was spinning so fast?"

"Gravity," said Gegan.

"Gravity has never been proven," Thompson said.

Gegan asked why it would be hidden.

"They want to dissuade you from the idea of a God," Knodel said. "Beyond that, as a way to control your mind. They want us to think that we aren't special, but we are."

Gegan walked away unconvinced.
Re: Why Many Jews Dont Believe In Jesus Christ by OgundeleT(m): 4:47pm On Apr 06, 2018
ameri9ja:

My friend everything we think we know is based on common sense and preponderance of indirect and circumstantial evidence. Otherwise how do you know,example, ancient Rome was not made up?
Also, clearly, Christianity has been good for humanity.
your Christianity has done more arm in the past than the one Muslims are doing today
Re: Why Many Jews Dont Believe In Jesus Christ by Nobody: 4:52pm On Apr 06, 2018
ameri9ja:

My friend, even forget history (which has been shown time and again to be wrong), how do u even know I exist outside your head?
EVERYTHING we think we know is based on common sense and preponderance of indirect and circumstantial evidence. COMMON SENSE will tell anybody who has ever actually read the powerful words of Christ that they couldn't have been made up out of thin air. But with the INTERNET gullible people like you would believe anything.
And speaking of flat earth...

The Earth is round, and other myths, debunked by the flat Earth movement 

Moving with missionary zeal, Nathan Thompson swept into a brewpub here bearing a battered globe under his arm with the words "this is a scam" scrawled on the side.

He dropped the defaced orb like a vanquished enemy on a table amid pints of beer.

A 16-year-old boy approached and said his friend had started a GoFundMe campaign to prove the world is a disk. Moments later a middle-aged man declared, "Earth is flat, not spheroid!"

Thompson beamed.

With more people rejecting traditional sources of information and the internet giving rise to a variety of alternative worldviews, the granddaddy of all conspiracy theories is enjoying a renaissance and Colorado is the epicenter.

Thousands of YouTube videos claim the world is flat, gravity is uncertain, space is fake and the curvature of the planet is an optical illusion. Followers say the globe-earth ruse is perpetuated by a powerful cabal determined to make humans feel small and powerless.

Mark Sargent, a software analyst from Boulder now living in Seattle, is the primary organizer of the movement and has made more than a thousand videos. He believes Colorado's open-mindedness accounts for its prominent position among believers.

Back in 2015, when he typed "flat Earth" into YouTube he'd get 50,000 hits. Now it's more than 18.7 million, beating out Lady Gaga and closing in on Donald Trump at about 21.3 million. Sargent said he suspects millions of believers remain "in the closet" to avoid ridicule.

"My channel broke 10 million views in December," he said. "This is my full-time job now."

Sargent, 49, became a believer after watching videos and realizing he could "no longer prove the globe."

I don't know the motivation for hiding the truth," Nichols said. "The sobering part of this is that you have been lied to and continue to be lied to."

Back at the Golden pub, Bob Knodel, a 57-year-old engineer whose "Globebusters" series has more than 2.6 million views on YouTube, held forth on the flat Earth universe.

"The sun is about 3,419.5 miles away by my calculations. It's not a burning ball of hydrogen gas, it is electrostatic energy," he said. "We don't know how it's powered."

Brian Gegan, 55 and not a flat Earther, wandered over.

"So you believe the Earth is flat and stationary?" he asked.

Thompson jumped in: "We don't believe, WE KNOW! We live in a closed system. The Earth is not spinning. What would keep us on it if it was spinning so fast?"

"Gravity," said Gegan.

"Gravity has never been proven," Thompson said.

Gegan asked why it would be hidden.

"They want to dissuade you from the idea of a God," Knodel said. "Beyond that, as a way to control your mind. They want us to think that we aren't special, but we are."

Gegan walked away unconvinced.

""common sense""

Religion is void of common sense.
Re: Why Many Jews Dont Believe In Jesus Christ by ameri9ja: 4:58pm On Apr 06, 2018
PrecisionFx:

""common sense""

Re: Why Many Jews Dont Believe In Jesus Christ by Nobody: 5:01pm On Apr 06, 2018
[quote author=ameri9ja post=66486056][/quote]

Re: Why Many Jews Dont Believe In Jesus Christ by ameri9ja: 5:06pm On Apr 06, 2018
PrecisionFx:

Better than being void of BOTH common sense and any kind of spiritual insight.

I have no doubt after u watch some YouTube videos you'd join the flat earth movement!

Re: Why Many Jews Dont Believe In Jesus Christ by ameri9ja: 5:11pm On Apr 06, 2018
PrecisionFx:

All that is to show you that ANYTHING can be successfully doubted, not just the bible. That's just how our universe is set up.
Re: Why Many Jews Dont Believe In Jesus Christ by ameri9ja: 5:13pm On Apr 06, 2018
OgundeleT:

your Christianity has done more arm in the past than the one Muslims are doing today

Proof?
Re: Why Many Jews Dont Believe In Jesus Christ by Nobody: 5:14pm On Apr 06, 2018
ameri9ja:

All that is to show you that ANYTHING can be successfully doubted, not just the bible. That's just how our universe is set up.

The bible is void of common sense. It is a story book.
Re: Why Many Jews Dont Believe In Jesus Christ by ameri9ja: 5:26pm On Apr 06, 2018
PrecisionFx:

The bible is void of common sense. It is a story book.

Either u have never really read the bible or you've been watching too many YouTube videos, OR YOU ARE VOID OF COMMON SENSE.
Re: Why Many Jews Dont Believe In Jesus Christ by Nobody: 5:38pm On Apr 06, 2018
ameri9ja:

Either u have never really read the bible or you've been watching too many YouTube videos, OR YOU ARE VOID OF COMMON SENSE.

LMAO. LMAO. LMAO.

I was a pure bred Christian for the first 30 years of my life.
Re: Why Many Jews Dont Believe In Jesus Christ by ameri9ja: 5:55pm On Apr 06, 2018
PrecisionFx:

LMAO. LMAO. LMAO.

I was a pure bred Christian for the first 30 years of my life.

Then the Internet came along and someone posted a YouTube video proving to you that Romans invented Christianity and, being totally impressionable, you set your own common sense aside and swallowed it hook, line, and sinker.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

TB Joshua Donates To 258 Libya Deportees, Gives Them N7million And Bags Of Rice / Prophet Shepherd Bushiri Welcomed In Warri, Nigeria (Photos) / The Six Catholic Seminarians To Be Buried On March 11th

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 166
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.