Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,493 members, 7,808,829 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:34 PM

Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne (81658 Views)

‘Queen Firdaus Of Iwoland’, Oluwo Unveils New Wife (Pictures) / Oluwo Of Iwoland, Akanbi, Named 6th Richest King, As He Reacts / Oluwo Of Iwoland, Akanbi, Dressed Casually To An Official Function (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by Espada10: 2:23pm On Apr 01, 2018
TheKingIsHere:
It hit the news yesterday as the Oluwo of Iwoland in Osun state, Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi no longer wants to be addressed as Oba but as Emir of Iwo land.

To buttress his statement he has released a picture of himself dressed up as an Emir (a northern traditional title) while sitting on the throne.

Here is the link were he denounced the title of Oba and accepted to be called Emir

https://www.nairaland.com/4428610/oluwo-iwo-akanbi-becomes-emir

What do you think?

The return of AFonja part 2

11 Likes

Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by finest0007(m): 2:23pm On Apr 01, 2018
Throne still has Oluwo of Iwo land inscribed

1 Like

Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by Awoleesu(m): 2:24pm On Apr 01, 2018
ihitenansa:
so an arabic word is berra dan ur native oba title?
Maa da were re lohun...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by Galaticos444: 2:25pm On Apr 01, 2018
Wot do u xpect?he's Yoruba Muslim

6 Likes

Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by hakimi1974(m): 2:25pm On Apr 01, 2018
I can deduce two things. either the emir/oba don set him sight on one rich arab sheikh wey him want to nack maga am. or, let his subject drag his ar$$ to yaba left for serious psychiatric evaluation. or, one day dem go come see emir/oba kak for throne naked dey claim say nah him be president of planet jupiter.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by livinbygrace: 2:26pm On Apr 01, 2018
Ttipsy:
I know Igbo kings can't be this mischievous

Forget story..This is abomination.I am a Yoruba man,but we must always say the truth and not be tribalistic all the time.If things continue this way Yoruba will go into extinction very soon

12 Likes

Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by Shafiiimran99: 2:27pm On Apr 01, 2018
Basic123:

emir is an Arabic word for a President or a leader.

you Christians are too ignorant.

Although I am not in support of the oba move anyway!
You are the real ignorant

5 Likes

Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by odeyinugbolahan(m): 2:27pm On Apr 01, 2018
Basic123:

Guy... Am so sorry for your level of understanding cos you need more lessons on what that might cause the citizens of iwo and even the Muslims...

If you allow invasion of iwo by the fulani/hausas as this might implies, you will be shocked as terrorism is nearby..

Go and check the percentage of Christians that has died since the start of Boko Haram, you will see that more Muslims died and lost their entire relative than Christians.

You will never see a well educated Muslim (not just educated) say that you ve just said.
Where is the peace you as a Muslim do confess that your religion preaches in the statement of yours

Whether Christianity or Islam!!! Love for others is the foremost religion..

5 Likes

Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by MONITZ: 2:28pm On Apr 01, 2018
Slavish fellow,I am not surprised anyway Bt just like peak it's in him..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by KingsleyCEO: 2:29pm On Apr 01, 2018
If at call Afojan confused people now they will be angry. Is this man not confused?

3 Likes

Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by Shafiiimran99: 2:32pm On Apr 01, 2018
WhoBeThisMan:
these are the Kind of people that make others feel Muslims are always arrogant and violent
Not others but foolish one
Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by Shafiiimran99: 2:33pm On Apr 01, 2018
markfemisgay:
It is only a matter of time before yorubaland is islamised.
That's our prayer

5 Likes

Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by Teeboi56: 2:35pm On Apr 01, 2018
igbodefender:
If a Christian should one day ascend that throne, what would be his title?
D post is not meant for Christian
And again if Christian inherit it they we call him kings noni
Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by ediko5(m): 2:35pm On Apr 01, 2018
igbodefender:
If a Christian should one day ascend that throne, what would be his title?

The man is a Christian.
Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by Nobody: 2:36pm On Apr 01, 2018
TheKingIsHere:
It hit the news yesterday as the Oluwo of Iwoland in Osun state, Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi no longer wants to be addressed as Oba but as Emir of Iwo land.

To buttress his statement he has released a picture of himself dressed up as an Emir (a northern traditional title) while sitting on the throne.

Here is the link were he denounced the title of Oba and accepted to be called Emir

https://www.nairaland.com/4428610/oluwo-iwo-akanbi-becomes-emir

What do you think?

The thing I have noticed about Powerful people is they controversial. They attract attention so while the rest of you puppets keep at discussing them. They keep consolidating on the future doing what most others are scared to do.

I see lessons only here.
Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by JMOB(m): 2:37pm On Apr 01, 2018
TheKingIsHere:

His title will still be Oba.

No religion should be allowed to disrespect ones tradition
KI LON SO?
Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by Nobody: 2:39pm On Apr 01, 2018
So Iwo people are dunces like the Ilorins
Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by davidnazee: 2:40pm On Apr 01, 2018
JackBaueress1:
Waiting for Oba of Lagos to change his own to Emir of Lagos.

Ndi ara!!

No he will change it to Enogie of Lagos
Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by livinbygrace: 2:46pm On Apr 01, 2018
[quote author=LarryBee1k post=66339887]Everyone should calm down, but where is the tolerance? What have the yorubas Oba done to improve the life of their subjects? Yoruba Christians don't care about us Muslim. They are quick to condemn yourba Muslim. I'm a Muslim and I believe he's doing what's right. If you attended his lecture at NYSC Ede camp, you will know what kinda of person he's. He's a visionary, intelligent and creative person.

Visionary to the detriment of Yoruba tradition?Now,I know most of you people living in that axis nincompoo and useless for crowning a yahoo boy as king.

2 Likes

Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by VanBommel(m): 2:46pm On Apr 01, 2018
Basic123:

so Muslims are the enlightened ones abi?
Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by Adebowale89(m): 2:46pm On Apr 01, 2018
madridguy:
Welcome development.

just discover you're a northerner, no wonder no matter how wrong buhari was, you always support him

educated or not, you northerners are the same

6 Likes

Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by toye440: 2:47pm On Apr 01, 2018
Basic123:

And u head slammers r slowing us down. wen Christians stir d Yoruba ship we made progress now u guys r just too overbearing and look at wre we r today. The only thing u brought to d SW with ur slave masters religion is ritual killings and skull Mining, alfa must use spare part.

10 Likes

Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by Shafiiimran99: 2:49pm On Apr 01, 2018
tamethem:
When you talk they'll say why did you talk.

Muslims and Zombihism whether they are IBO or Yoruba is like 5 ns 6 .

When you hear their Imams Talk " Awon omo iya wa loke Oya". (Our brothers in the North) When the Northerners don't respect or value you. You can't lead them in prayers because they see you as Kafris.

Still the Fools called Yoruba Muslims would be worshiping them.

Why Must you drop your culture and pickup Hausa's culture because you are a Muslim. Stupidity of the highest level.

The kingmakers in Iwo should just depose this silly king if they themselves are not Stupid.
You are the foolish one cos cos muslims don't pay evil with evil. Muslims are brother, we are one nation hence what they are doin is evil so, the only way we can correct them is to let them realise we one and if they pay no heed their case is with Allah.

1 Like

Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by GworoChewinMaga: 2:50pm On Apr 01, 2018
[s]
Shafiiimran99:
You are the foolish one cos cos muslims don't pay evil with evil. Muslims are brother, we are one nation hence what they are doin is evil so, the only way we can correct them is to let them realise we one and if they pay no heed their case is with Allah.
[/s]

One, your grammar is terrible.

Two, you didnt even make any sense.

Yoruba Muslim

6 Likes

Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by toye440: 2:50pm On Apr 01, 2018
ediko5:

The man is a Christian.
Rasheed a christian? pls change ur dealer his weed is too strong for u.

12 Likes

Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by toye440: 2:50pm On Apr 01, 2018
Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by Nobody: 2:51pm On Apr 01, 2018
why are my people like this *spits*

all hail his royal DUMBNESS !

OMO ALE 1 of yorubaland.

AKOTILETA 2 of Iwo

#PATHETIC FILTH!

........yoruba ronu o!

4 Likes

Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by faragai24: 2:51pm On Apr 01, 2018
Yoruba culture going extinction.

2 Likes

Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by Adebowale89(m): 2:52pm On Apr 01, 2018
markfemisgay:
It is only a matter of time before yorubaland is islamised.

Yoruba has Muslims among them and there is nothing like Islamizing you're all crying about. even the Yoruba's ain't crying, you are the one carrying it on head.

till forever I prefer Yoruba Muslim as u do called it to Igbo Christians

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by lightwind(m): 2:53pm On Apr 01, 2018
ihitenansa:
so an arabic word is berra dan ur native oba title?
....nna are you from ihite in Ahiazu mbaise? You be my brother be that, my village is Ogbe Ahiara tongue
Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by NdiaraIGBO: 2:58pm On Apr 01, 2018
Ttipsy:
I know Igbo kings can't be this mischievous

Igbo king? Abi wetin you talk?

People wey no live pass hamlet level.......there has never been a Kingdom in a Igboland.

Igbo society did not advance to that level.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by monddy25(m): 2:59pm On Apr 01, 2018
Basic123:

as foolish as you are, if the word emir is an Arabic word for president or leader, what will the word "Oba" mean, a slave or servant? every Culture has a name for their president or leader as u called it. this Oba has just dethrone himself by selling his Cultural birthright and his people to another culture!!! Afonjas are alwayz confused!!!!

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Before You Marry Idoma Girl: Important Things You Must Know / Names Of Animals,insects And Birds In Hausa. / Abdulrasheed Akanbi And Chanel Chin Divorced! Oluwo Of Iwo Divorces Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.