Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,047 members, 7,807,149 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:17 AM

Race, Region And Religion? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Race, Region And Religion? (1626 Views)

5 Reasons Why Science Fiction And Religion Do Not Mix / Science And Religion - A Conflict Or Harmony? / Homosexuality And Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Race, Region And Religion? by GentlBlunt(m): 9:26pm On Dec 29, 2005
I know many people here will have an idea or two, if you do, I will like to hear it.

How did different race come to be? I mean we have all this human creation with similar but different look body features. Some white, some black, some yellow, some chocolate, some Albino and so on.

Have you been able to find the race of the first human on earth. I don't want to disprove the fact that Adam and Eve are white or light skinned. If they are and the world is created in middle east (Garden of Eden). Did black people got fed up and leave white people to go settle in other side of the ocean (Africa)? Or Africans are not part of God creation that started in middle east. Did they (Africans) evolved as work of evolution or what?

So why some Chinese and some Black Africans and some Indian looks. Or people that looks alike kind of gathered themselves together to go start a life in different regions and then formed their religion according to their regions?

Thanks cool
Re: Race, Region And Religion? by nferyn(m): 10:35pm On Dec 29, 2005
Scientifically race is a useless concept. The genetic diversity in the human race is very low and very recent. The genetic diversity in all our 'races' of domestic cattle is far greater than that among humans, even within one breed of cattle.
The larges genetic diversity can be found in Africa. The genetic differences between black Africans are larges than between all other races combined. This indicates that the Out of Africa theory is correct: all humans come originally from Africa.

As the genetic diversity within a population (e.g. Black Africans) is far greater than that between populations (e.g. Europeans and South-East Asians), Race is a marker for nothing whatsoever. We should all get rid of this stupid concept of race, it's divisive and it's consequences are evil.

For goodness sake, get rid of your literal interpretation of Genesis, it's just an allegory.

PS: It's not because race has no biological significance, that it is not real on a sociological level, but that's only because people perceive it to be real.
Re: Race, Region And Religion? by Ashbaby(f): 11:12pm On Jan 03, 2006
According to one of my classes, race is all in the mind. According to another of my classes, we as humans look for ways of being dominant.....we always think of ourselves as better than others. It's called the attribution theory. So things like color....or race, the region I come from and the religion I'm part of are a way of attributing ourselves as better than others. Not in entirety, though. Let me give an example. When it comes to race, blacks have been made to feel inferior and that they know nothing. Hence the demeaning (or ignorant) question....Did you know English before u came here? 'Here' meaning the English speaking country that you find yourself in. Or, harsh criticism when it comes to pronounciation of words. However, harsh criticism is also present even in a region as small as a village. If I pronounce words a certain way, I'll be referred to as one from the city or one that feels good or whatever derogatory terms. Then when it comes to region, isn't it quite obvious? Ibo, Yoruba....Ife....mix? No way! And each will give reasons why they are more superior or why they can't associate with another. Africa, America....poor man, rich man. It's sad. Religion....even in Christianity, there are sects that consider themselves higher than others. Even in the same church, one would consider oneself superior for very small insignificant reasons...e.g. I'm more religious because I dress decently to church, or I'm better because I attend bible study as opposed to them because they missed bible study just once. The attribution theory is true and it's alive an active. We give dispositional excuses to others and situational excuses/factors to ourselves. I fell down because the floor was slippery....[/i]They[i] fell down because they're just clumsy. I am smart in school coz I'm white.....[/i]They [i][/i]are dumb in school coz blacks know nothing. I am vertically ascending to heaven without any shortcut because I go to 'x' or 'y' church....[i][/i]They[i] are taking the express route to hell coz they go to 'a' or 'b' church. Pretty sad sad!
Re: Race, Region And Religion? by flavorflav(f): 9:04pm On Jan 11, 2006
i believe that race, region and religion can never be mix together expectially in government
Re: Race, Region And Religion? by GentlBlunt(m): 11:05pm On Jan 11, 2006
We not talking of govt but origin.
Re: Race, Region And Religion? by Rhodalyn(f): 9:45pm On Feb 22, 2006
dat was how it was meant 2 be
Re: Race, Region And Religion? by allonym: 11:47pm On Mar 22, 2006
its sad,

if i was evil, I could create a race of people by painting them yellow and forcing scientists around the world to say that they are naturally that way.

And those people would actually be treated differently from everyone else.

(1) (Reply)

How Africans Populated The Planet: Journey Of Man: A Genetic Odyssey / Islamic Banking ’ll Benefit Nigeria’s Economy – Prof Ekpo / What Christian Book Would You Recommend To Others And Why

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.