Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,414 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:38 AM

Col. Ajayi Reveals What TY Danjuma Told Them During Military Training - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Col. Ajayi Reveals What TY Danjuma Told Them During Military Training (33448 Views)

Dino Melaye With TY Danjuma In 2004 (Throwback Photo) / Omoyele Sowore Being Beaten By Police During Military Era. / Burial Of IPOB Member Killed In Abia During Military Invasion (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Col. Ajayi Reveals What TY Danjuma Told Them During Military Training by 11Ebisco: 7:04pm On Apr 01, 2018
Col. Gabriel Adetunji Ajayi (retd.), an erstwhile colonel administration and Quarter-Master General of the Lagos Garrison, has identified the biggest problem with the Nigerian military.

Ajayi spoke to TheSun against the backdrop of recent allegation of complicity against the military by a former Minister of Defense, Lt. Gen. Theophilus Danjuma (retd.).

He said Danjuma, a former chief of army staff, had asked them to disobey him if he told them to do anything unethical during their training at the Nigerian Military School in 1978.

The ex-Defence minister recently caused an uproar when he accused the military of complicity in the killings and destruction of properties going on in some states allegedly by Fulani herdsmen.

Asked what he makes of the allegation and the call on the people to defend themselves, Ajayi said, “By the pedigree of General Danjuma, he holds the reputation of a no-nonsense man.

“He was my Chief of Army Staff. I remember vividly in 1978, he visited us while we were on a course at the Nigerian Military School of Infantry.

“And he forthrightly told us that if he, as our Chief of Army Staff asked us to do anything unethical that we should disobey him.

“So he is a very forthright person. He is not a frivolous man; he would not speak without having concrete proof and evidence. I don’t like the way Nigerian military have been behaving for quite some time now and I am not happy about it.

“They react to certain things that need not to react to. If the military is owned by Nigeria and Nigerians are complaining about certain things, all they need to do is not to defend themselves but to look at those things and carry out amendments where necessary.

“One mistake I found with the military throughout my career is that all of us believe our loyalty is to the Commander-in-Chief and not to Nigeria whereas the Commander-in-Chief himself is supposed to be loyal to Nigeria.
Hide quoted text

“The military must see itself as an agent of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and acts as such. They are not to defend themselves. The constitution is made for Nigeria; Nigeria is not made for the constitution.

“If you are saying you want to carry out your constitutional responsibility you must know that the nation is above the constitution. The nation can afford to throw away the constitution and make another one but the constitution cannot afford to do away with the nation.

“So if people of Danjuma’s pedigree are saying something as serious as that, it is not for the military to immediately reply and begin to debunk the claims.

“What they need to do is for them to look inwards and see what has gone wrong. If a former Chief of Army Staff could turn round to say his boys are partial, it is like a father telling his children that they are not doing the right thing, Danjuma is a father to the military.

“I don’t think he can be frivolous in his statement. All we need to do is to examine what he has said, see where we have gone wrong and make the necessary amendments.

“It is very unfortunate for the military to start saying that they are impartial when many senior federal government officials have said that the herdsmen are from Chad, Niger, which means they are violators of national integrity so the question of being neutral and handling them with kids ‘glove does not arise except something is hidden somewhere.

“But as far as I am concerned, I don’t like our institutions to react to criticism the way they do rather they should look into those criticisms.”

Why would you write like this. How would your readers know who Ajayi is. Begin by introducing him in p1. Also tell whether he is a serving or retired colonel
Col Gabriel Adetunji Ajayi, has revealed the biggest problem with the military.

Ajayi spoke with Sun while reacting to the recent allegation of complicity against the military by a former Minister of Defense, Lt. Gen. Theophilus Danjuma.

He said Danjuma had asked them to disobey him
If he asked them to do anything unethical during their training at the Nigerian Military School in 1978.

The ex-Defence Minister caused an uproar last week when he accused the military of complicity in the killings and destruction of properties going on in some states allegedly by Fulani herdsmen.

Asked what he makes of the allegation and the call on the people to defend themselves, Col. Ajayi said
“By the pedigree of General Danjuma, he holds the reputation of a no-nonsense man.

“He was my Chief of Army Staff. I remember vividly in 1978, he visited us while we were on a course at the Nigerian Military School of Infantry.

“And he forthrightly told us that if he, as our Chief of Army Staff asked us to do anything unethical that we should disobey him.

“So he is a very forthright person. He is not a frivolous man; he would not speak without having concrete proof and evidence. I don’t like the way Nigerian military have been behaving for quite some time now and I am not happy about it.

“They react to certain things that need not to react to. If the military is owned by Nigeria and Nigerians are complaining about certain things, all they need to do is not to defend themselves but to look at those things and carry out amendments where necessary.

“One mistake I found with the military throughout my career is that all of us believe our loyalty is to the Commander-in-Chief and not to Nigeria whereas the Commander-in-Chief himself is supposed t o be loyal to Nigeria.

“The military must see itself as an agent of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and acts as such. They are not to defend themselves. The constitution is made for Nigeria; Nigeria is not made for the constitution.

“If you are saying you want to carry out your constitutional responsibility you must know that the nation is above the constitution. The nation can afford to throw away the constitution and make another one but the constitution cannot afford to do away with the nation.

“So if people of Danjuma’s pedigree are saying something as serious as that, it is not for the military to immediately reply and begin to debunk the claims.

“What they need to do is for them to look inwards and see what has gone wrong. If a former Chief of Army Staff could turn round to say his boys are partial, it is like a father telling his children that they are not doing the right thing, Danjuma is a father to the military.

“I don’t think he can be frivolous in his statement. All we need to do is to examine what he has said, see where we have gone wrong and make the necessary amendments.

“It is very unfortunate for the military to start saying that they are impartial when many senior federal government officials have said that the herdsmen are from Chad, Niger, which means they are violators of national integrity so the question of being neutral and handling them with kids ‘glove does not arise except something is hidden somewhere.

“But as far as I am concerned, I don’t like our institutions to react to criticism the way they do rather they should look into those criticisms.”

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/04/col-ajayi-reveals-what-ty-danjuma-told.html

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Col. Ajayi Reveals What TY Danjuma Told Them During Military Training by AJOBI77(m): 7:42pm On Apr 01, 2018
Fixed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Col. Ajayi Reveals What TY Danjuma Told Them During Military Training by Paperwhite(m): 8:44pm On Apr 01, 2018
Danjuma was right.Imagine a "foreign Fulani" violating Nigeria's sovereignty yet a Buhari-led Nigerian government cant do anything about it cry cry cry cry
APC government just kept shoting itself on the foot.

138 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Col. Ajayi Reveals What TY Danjuma Told Them During Military Training by Bede2u(m): 9:09pm On Apr 01, 2018
Tell them...the army belongs to Nigeria and not Buhari

85 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Col. Ajayi Reveals What TY Danjuma Told Them During Military Training by Engraced2020: 9:19pm On Apr 01, 2018
Great facts but please check my signature

2 Likes

Re: Col. Ajayi Reveals What TY Danjuma Told Them During Military Training by kimjongJezebel: 9:19pm On Apr 01, 2018
angry

94 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Col. Ajayi Reveals What TY Danjuma Told Them During Military Training by freeze001(f): 9:46pm On Apr 01, 2018
That is d problem with d armed forces and security agencies generally. They believe their allegiance is owed the C-in-C rather than to the Nigerian state.

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Col. Ajayi Reveals What TY Danjuma Told Them During Military Training by Jackossky(m): 10:42pm On Apr 01, 2018
Fire down Colonel

Right on spot

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Col. Ajayi Reveals What TY Danjuma Told Them During Military Training by Nobody: 4:02am On Apr 02, 2018
Well said COLONEL.
That's how people of INTEGRITY should talk, and not the likes of Osibande, Lie Mohammed, Garbage Nshiewu and etc.

51 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Col. Ajayi Reveals What TY Danjuma Told Them During Military Training by Nutase: 5:46am On Apr 02, 2018
And this c-in-c values loyalty above integrity so what do you expect?

1 Like

Re: Col. Ajayi Reveals What TY Danjuma Told Them During Military Training by hannysur8(m): 5:48am On Apr 02, 2018
Defending of Nigerian should be Nigeria Military paramount priority

9 Likes

Re: Col. Ajayi Reveals What TY Danjuma Told Them During Military Training by chriskosherbal(m): 5:54am On Apr 02, 2018
We are yet to see the end of this drama shocked

1 Like

Re: Col. Ajayi Reveals What TY Danjuma Told Them During Military Training by Redoil: 5:56am On Apr 02, 2018
If you that the loyalty of the nigerian army lies with the people click like
If you knows that the loyalty of the nigerian army lies with buhari and their fulani masters click share

2 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Col. Ajayi Reveals What TY Danjuma Told Them During Military Training by Nobody: 6:05am On Apr 02, 2018
Ajayi have not been Afonjalised.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Col. Ajayi Reveals What TY Danjuma Told Them During Military Training by Herdsmen: 6:15am On Apr 02, 2018
When the whole Nigeria security apparatus is in the hands of herdsmen and Boko patrons.

What else's do we expect .

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Col. Ajayi Reveals What TY Danjuma Told Them During Military Training by mysteriousman(m): 6:45am On Apr 02, 2018
Rightly so General Danjuma cannot just wake up and make frivolous accusations

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Col. Ajayi Reveals What TY Danjuma Told Them During Military Training by Olalan(m): 6:47am On Apr 02, 2018
With the spate of killings by the herdsmen it's right to say that the security agencies have been compromised, how many arrests have been made by these agencies or are the herdsmen ghosts

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Col. Ajayi Reveals What TY Danjuma Told Them During Military Training by SarkinYarki: 6:51am On Apr 02, 2018
Buhari has turned the Nigerian Army against the Nigerian people ...tell me which treason is bigger than that? Buhari is the biggest threat Nigeria has faced from time immemorial.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Col. Ajayi Reveals What TY Danjuma Told Them During Military Training by Nobody: 6:56am On Apr 02, 2018
To Colonel Ajayi and Sergent David bako..
For speaking the truth despite all odds..

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Col. Ajayi Reveals What TY Danjuma Told Them During Military Training by UncleJudax(m): 8:06am On Apr 02, 2018
freeze001:
That is d problem with d armed forces and security agencies generally. They believe their allegiance is owed the C-in-C rather than to the Nigerian state.
And even worse now that the C-in-C's allegiance is to his tribe, and not Nigeria.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Col. Ajayi Reveals What TY Danjuma Told Them During Military Training by Omeokachie: 8:12am On Apr 02, 2018
"He was my Chief of Army Staff. I remember vividly in 1978, he visited us while we were on a course at the Nigerian Military School of Infantry.

“And he forthrightly told us that if he, as our Chief of Army Staff asked us to do anything unethical that we should disobey him."

It is obvious that Buhari was not at the parade ground on that day.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Col. Ajayi Reveals What TY Danjuma Told Them During Military Training by kettykin: 8:15am On Apr 02, 2018
Demented rogues, useless empty foools in uniform , so who asked them to starve women and children during the civil war, good for nothing armed robbers

5 Likes

Re: Col. Ajayi Reveals What TY Danjuma Told Them During Military Training by zombieHUNTER: 8:17am On Apr 02, 2018
Omeokachie:
"He was my Chief of Army Staff. I remember vividly in 1978, he visited us while we were on a course at the Nigerian Military School of Infantry.

“And he forthrightly told us that if he, as our Chief of Army Staff asked us to do anything unethical that we should disobey him."

It is obvious that Buhari was not on parade on that day.

Buhari was walking his cows that day

19 Likes

Re: Col. Ajayi Reveals What TY Danjuma Told Them During Military Training by cyberdurable(m): 8:33am On Apr 02, 2018
angry
Re: Col. Ajayi Reveals What TY Danjuma Told Them During Military Training by Belial06: 8:34am On Apr 02, 2018
Nigeria is finished

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Col. Ajayi Reveals What TY Danjuma Told Them During Military Training by maberry(m): 8:34am On Apr 02, 2018
Nigeria's military and law enforcing bodies has been bastardized and turned into personal attack dogs under Buhari and APC
Never in history has this country gotten to such an all time low

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Col. Ajayi Reveals What TY Danjuma Told Them During Military Training by san316(m): 8:36am On Apr 02, 2018
TY is indeed a good man. But people change.

1 Like

Re: Col. Ajayi Reveals What TY Danjuma Told Them During Military Training by AkupeMBANO(m): 8:37am On Apr 02, 2018
I love T.Y danjuma

4 Likes

Re: Col. Ajayi Reveals What TY Danjuma Told Them During Military Training by salbis(m): 8:38am On Apr 02, 2018
#IStandWithTYDanjuma.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2023: 'Goodluck Johnathan Endorses Anyim Pius Anyim For President' / New Service Chiefs: 100 Military Generals May Be Retired / Boko Haram Releases More Chibok Girls To DSS - NewsExpressngr.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.