Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,785 members, 7,802,447 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:34 PM

The Emir Of Iwo, Abdulrasheed Adewale Akanbi Rocks Northern Dress In Style - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Emir Of Iwo, Abdulrasheed Adewale Akanbi Rocks Northern Dress In Style (37022 Views)

Abdulrasheed Akanbi And Chanel Chin Divorced! Oluwo Of Iwo Divorces Wife / To Maintain The Rolls-Royce Of The Emir Of Kano, Sanusi: See What It Takes / "I Am The Igwe And Obi Of Yorubaland" - Abdulrasheed Akanbi, The Oluwo Of Iwo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Emir Of Iwo, Abdulrasheed Adewale Akanbi Rocks Northern Dress In Style by Iko5000: 10:47am On Apr 02, 2018
sorry mugu I'm not Igbo .Proves my point that you can't see beyond your nose .[b][/b]

NdiaraIGBO:

See this one plot of land IDP biaflan flat/head. You tiny ant Igboland go don disappear centuries before anything can threaten the great Yorubaland. See as your children dey deny their igbo heritage.....oni yeye, your people get dignity so? Turning themselves into IDP in peace time. Begging northerners when you got your eviction notice, yeye people. Face your spare part shop, Ode.

3 Likes

Re: The Emir Of Iwo, Abdulrasheed Adewale Akanbi Rocks Northern Dress In Style by NdiaraIGBO: 10:55am On Apr 02, 2018
Iko5000:
sorry mugu I'm not Igbo .Proves my point that you can't see beyond your nose .[b][/b]

Ok my brother, what are you?
Re: The Emir Of Iwo, Abdulrasheed Adewale Akanbi Rocks Northern Dress In Style by ItsMeAboki(m): 11:55am On Apr 02, 2018
PAGAN9JA:

It is a matter of opinion. I find Agbadas regal especially the style worn by the Alafin of Oyo.
Also there are variances in them too. The Gold trimmings etc.

If you notice carefully, this kinda attire (cloak) is a knock off copy of the Saudi Arabian Bisht worn by Gulf Royalty in a native format. A hybrid per say albeit in cheaper quality trimmings (zari work)

Yes indeed at the end of the day it is all a matter of opinion; however, I still maintain that when it comes to regalia our Emirs have the upper hand; you may also notice that even the non-Hausa/non-Muslim traditional (middle belt) rulers of the north have also quietly keyed into the same mode of dressing.

All cultures borrow from one another; Arabian/north African culture has a great influence in the northern Nigerian culture; while southerners especially SS & SE seem to borrow from the Oyinbo (in some cases with some degree of amusing naivety).
Re: The Emir Of Iwo, Abdulrasheed Adewale Akanbi Rocks Northern Dress In Style by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:55pm On Apr 02, 2018
ItsMeAboki:

Yes indeed at the end of the day it is all a matter of opinion; however, I still maintain that when it comes to regalia our Emirs have the upper hand; you may also notice that even the non-Hausa/non-Muslim traditional (middle belt) rulers of the north have also quietly keyed into the same mode of dressing.

All cultures borrow from one another; Arabian/north African culture has a great influence in the northern Nigerian culture; while southerners especially SS & SE seem to borrow from the Oyinbo (in some cases with some degree of amusing naivety).

The middle belt did not borrow it but they have undergone a gradual process of islamization and colonoialissm as well as have faced the brunt of islamic fulani invasions over time.

it is not a case of borrowing. moreover the Jukun etc still do wear their trad regalia during festivals.

anyways i dont encourage such changes because it is tied to abrahamic religions and cultural genocide.
Re: The Emir Of Iwo, Abdulrasheed Adewale Akanbi Rocks Northern Dress In Style by Nobody: 3:16pm On Apr 02, 2018
PAGAN9JA:

Wait a minute.

I am Hausa too. Are you saying this attire is more regal than the Agbada worn by Yoruba monarchs? No way dude. no effin way.

that white cloth inside looks very cheap and it looks made of cheap material.

Small fry, when will you give up this shameless ruse?
Re: The Emir Of Iwo, Abdulrasheed Adewale Akanbi Rocks Northern Dress In Style by Nobody: 3:17pm On Apr 02, 2018
ItsMeAboki:

Don't mind the bellend, he's not Hausa. He's just an imposter with an identity crisis.
Re: The Emir Of Iwo, Abdulrasheed Adewale Akanbi Rocks Northern Dress In Style by ItsMeAboki(m): 3:56pm On Apr 02, 2018
MitrikDenholm:

Don't mind the bellend, he's not Hausa. He's just an imposter with an identity crisis.

Thanks, noted; though I suspected as much but didn't want to derail away from the issue at hand by picking up on it.
Re: The Emir Of Iwo, Abdulrasheed Adewale Akanbi Rocks Northern Dress In Style by ItsMeAboki(m): 8:47pm On Apr 02, 2018
PAGAN9JA:

The middle belt did not borrow it but they have undergone a gradual process of islamization and colonoialissm as well as have faced the brunt of islamic fulani invasions over time.

it is not a case of borrowing. moreover the Jukun etc still do wear their trad regalia during festivals.

anyways i dont encourage such changes because it is tied to abrahamic religions and cultural genocide.

My friend use some intelligence and less of ignorance and bigotry.

As we stand today; there is nowhere in Nigeria where Hausa or Islam is imposed on the citizenry let alone on any of the several of the tribes of the north central states that predominantly comprise the so called middle belt; yet many of them have adopted the Hausa/Islamic names and language even for preaching in their various Churches.

Naturally also some of their rulers have also voluntarily adopted the Hausa Emir's mode of dressing, without any compulsion - nothing stopping them from reverting back to wearing leaves and skins, as they formerly did.

These are facts you may not like but equally cannot deny - so it is quite futile trying to distort them in order to make yourself feel better.
Re: The Emir Of Iwo, Abdulrasheed Adewale Akanbi Rocks Northern Dress In Style by revontuli(f): 11:51pm On Apr 03, 2018
Iko5000:

Don't worry, those tribalist types confuse me for Igbo and Fulani, and I'm not even African grin
Re: The Emir Of Iwo, Abdulrasheed Adewale Akanbi Rocks Northern Dress In Style by HamzaAbdullahi8(m): 7:40pm On Apr 05, 2018
Olabenjamen22:

And how is it a move in the right direction?
acceptance,tolerance and peaceful coexitence
Re: The Emir Of Iwo, Abdulrasheed Adewale Akanbi Rocks Northern Dress In Style by Olabenjamen22(m): 8:01pm On Apr 05, 2018
HamzaAbdullahi8:
acceptance,tolerance and peaceful coexitence

And can you explain how been a religious bigot can produce those characters that you listed.

And last i check Yorubas Never have problem with those things you listed unless your useless oba-emir want to start it.
Re: The Emir Of Iwo, Abdulrasheed Adewale Akanbi Rocks Northern Dress In Style by HamzaAbdullahi8(m): 8:47pm On Apr 05, 2018
Olabenjamen22:

And can you explain how been a religious bigot can produce those characters that you listed.

And last i check Yorubas Never have problem with those things you listed unless your useless oba-emir want to start it.
you don't have to throw insults you ar only seeing things frm ur own perspective this is what we need in Nigeria where we accept each other and unity reigns and havin an emir in the west is a good move
Re: The Emir Of Iwo, Abdulrasheed Adewale Akanbi Rocks Northern Dress In Style by Olabenjamen22(m): 1:19pm On Apr 06, 2018
HamzaAbdullahi8:
you don't have to throw insults you ar only seeing things frm ur own perspective this is what we need in Nigeria where we accept each other and unity reigns and havin an emir in the west is a good move
Lol, if you Think addressing someone by it attribute means insult, then so be it.

And who told you yoruba have problem of unity before?

I guess northern emir too should Change there title to rabbi so that to strengthens unity.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Princess Adeola-Ogunwusi In Nigeria For Her Fathers Wedding / Why Are Arab Princes And Royal Families So Rich? / Eze Chukwuemeka Eri, Aka Ji Ovo Igbo Leads Community To Omambala River

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.