Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,167 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:00 AM

Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? (25092 Views)

How To Make Money On Fiverr And Upwork Without Doing Any Job / Opinion: Which Is The Best Site To Start As A Newbie Freelancer / 9 Super Easy Job You Can Do On Fiverr And Make Money Fast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by Writingdiva: 10:20am On Apr 05, 2018
Fidelmalek:
Mr man.
Upwork is better, if you know your onions

https://www.nairaland.com/2594236/elance.com-upwork.com-other-freelancing-site/22
Upwork has premium clients and you rarely see$5-10 jobs.
The marketplace is for mainly premium clients who want the best.
I know of someone who made 2200 in his very first week as an upworker. Something fiverr will never give you..
Starting as a newbie isn't easy at all, because your proposals tends to be overlooked too many times.
But crafting an eye catching proposal does the trick as the client will be impressed and will want to know who's this guy that penned down such an interesting proposal.
You're allowed to submit 30 proposals monthly, and you just have to make it count...
Happy upworking!

Hello, I just registered on Upwork but I can't edit my profile.

The elements are missing from the interface. I have tried contacting their support, and they claimed they have fixed it but I still can't.

Is this normal?

Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by Fidelmalek(m): 10:54am On Apr 05, 2018
Writingdiva:

Hello, I just registered on upworking but I can't edit my profile.

The elements are missing from the interface. I have tried contacting their support, and they claimed they have fixed it but I still can't.

Is this normal?
it's not normal
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by sammyscholar(m): 10:39pm On Apr 05, 2018
mrphysics:

No one has referred you to any eBook. Some of these newbies do not know the standard and level of professionalism and dedication needed to succeed on fiverr. Take for instance, I joined fiverr February 2017, got my first order 3 months later. But from May 2017 till now, I have made $8050 from fiverr.

But I was patient for 3 months, something those going into fiverr now will find very difficult to do. There is a Fiverr thread on business section created by beatzone, read from page 1-10 and you would be well equipped to start. No one will have the time to coach you free of charge. Those coaching you for money does not earn much on fiverr. I can't promise you a personal coaching because I do not have the time.
So you eventually delved into freelancing. I think you served in Kano; BUK to be precised. Is not it?
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by Vivly(f): 1:25am On Apr 06, 2018
sammyscholar:
So you eventually delved into freelancing. I think you served in Kano; BUK to be precised. Is not it?
You think? Or as everyone can obviously see, he created two threads on his service year in Kano. Which?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by mrphysics(m): 5:36am On Apr 06, 2018
sammyscholar:
Lol, I do a lot of things. Freelancing isn't the only thing I do.
Secondly, I didn't serve in BUK
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by mrphysics(m): 5:37am On Apr 06, 2018
Vivly:

You think? Or as everyone can obviously see, he created two threads on his service year in Kano. Which?
grin grin

What if I redeployed?
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by sammyscholar(m): 6:11am On Apr 06, 2018
mrphysics:

Lol, I do a lot of things. Freelancing isn't the only thing I do.
Secondly, I didn't serve in BUK
Okay o. I knew I read your post about life in Kano as a Corper before I came to the state last year. I'm passing out next week and, mehn, there has been this mild fear of what to do next. I'm heavily applying for jobs already, anyway.

Now, about this freelancing thing, I have long had my eyes on it, but I have some few challenges. First is that I do not have a PC and the phone I currently use is a small android that can do hardly anything. Second is that the only thing I can bring to bear now as a freelancer is 'good writing skill' but I perceive I should have something more.

I just need someone (I should be most grateful if you become that someone) to give me a lead on how and where to start from. Remember, I am a professional writer already. What other fortes or skills do I need to work on both web sites?

Nagode sose!
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by etebefia: 7:26am On Apr 06, 2018
mrphysics:

mrphysics, I bu nwa 042?
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by mrphysics(m): 3:25pm On Apr 06, 2018
sammyscholar:
Okay o. I knew I read your post about life in Kano as a Corper before I came to the state last year. I'm passing out next week and, mehn, there has been this mild fear of what to do next. I'm heavily applying for jobs already, anyway.

Now, about this freelancing thing, I have long had my eyes on it, but I have some few challenges. First is that I do not have a PC and the phone I currently use is a small android that can do hardly anything. Second is that the only thing I can bring to bear now as a freelancer is 'good writing skill' but I perceive I should have something more.

I just need someone (I should be most grateful if you become that someone) to give me a lead on how and where to start from. Remember, I am a professional writer already. What other fortes or skills do I need to work on both web sites?

Nagode sose!
Great, I hope you had a wonderful experience serving in Kano State. I miss a lot of great people in Kano State.

Yes, close to POP, reality sets in, alawee is about to be stop coming. The people who escapes the soon coming reality are smart people like you. Others will prefer to extend their NYSC teaching job just to be employed and earn something.
Though the writing niche of fiverr is saturated, however, new writers still make it everyday on fiverr. You need to use your NYSC savings to get a laptop and good phone, even if it involves borrowing to get them.

After that, create a gig, don't offer normal article writing, you need to do something different. Create a gig on powerful letter writing, cover letters, and CV. You should also have a gig on cryptocurrencies and recipes.

When do coming to fiverr well planned, then you will surely make it.
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by mrphysics(m): 3:27pm On Apr 06, 2018
etebefia:
mrphysics, I bu nwa 042?
grin
grin grin

From Old park to Coal camp to Agbani Rd to garriki is owned by me grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by etebefia: 4:31pm On Apr 06, 2018
mrphysics:
grin
grin grin

From Old park to Coal camp to Agbani Rd to garriki is owned by me grin cheesy cheesy
Jesu!! You be gburugburu brother? Hit me up or drop contact.
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by mrphysics(m): 7:02pm On Apr 06, 2018
etebefia:
Jesu!! You be gburugburu brother? Hit me up 0806xxxxxx or drop contact.

Remove your number from nairaland bro. Its risky
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by godello: 7:42pm On May 17, 2018
SEUJ:
baba I appreciate this. are these books online or I have to go to an actual bookshop?
1 have soft copy of the second book. I can share with you.
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by klassd(m): 11:19am On May 18, 2018
mrphysics:

I need opinions on this, I plan to join Upwork but would want to know if combining it with fiverr will be a heavy workload considering the fact that I am working.

Bro can you please guide me on fiverr?
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by Nobody: 2:00pm On May 18, 2018
klassd:

Bro can you please guide me on fiverr?

What skill have you got?
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by klassd(m): 5:58pm On May 18, 2018
JixNation:

What skill have you got?
2d animation and whiteboard explanation videos
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by Nobody: 8:23pm On May 18, 2018
klassd:

2d animation and whiteboard explanation videos

I'd like to learn this from you, how well?
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by Smatkomo: 8:45pm On May 18, 2018
KOPT33:

Hi there, since you're already into writing, have no fear, you can make it.

However, success is not guaranteed. I believe since you're not exposed to the field that you will have a deficiency of knowledge. But not to worry, you can quickly come up to speed.

A good place to start is this thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/1833989/how-make-1000-month-writing

Please, read every single page and take action as you read. You will become more exposed to what the job entails and what you need to do.

Then after that, you need to start working on your grammar. Forget UK English, focus on the American market which is where 90% of the jobs come from.

I recommend three books for you, they are:

1 - The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation by Jane Strauss
2 - The Chicago Manual of Style 16th Edition.
3 - Elements of Style by Strunk and White

You can breeze through the first book in one week. After that, you might start broaching the second book which is more of a reference book but it sure pays to have it by your side. The third book should be your guide into the workings of American English. Read it from time to time.

Now that you're becoming better on the grammar side of things, it is now time to start learning about content writing. As a word of advise, if you serious about playing at world-class level and making cool money, do not neglect the steps I am about to mention.

1 - Learn the mechanics of content creation with Neil Patel - https://www.quicksprout.com/the-advanced-guide-to-content-marketing/
2 - Learn SEO with Yoast - https://yoast.com/beginners-guide-yoast-seo/

This should get you started. Depending on where you are coming from, it might take you between 3 months to 1 year to become a world-class content creator. If, however, you prefer earning peanuts, then don't bother developing yourself.

If you read this far, as a little reward for your efforts, please, find all the books I mentioned and some other highly valuable resources that will expand your mind and equip you with the things you need in this folder:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1T3WZuea9_z5C6Qp7nR4srE4csz_Uiaqi?usp=sharing

If it helped you in anyway but you still have questions, hit me up. I am at your service.

There's something for everyone.
wink

Thanks Sir please which other material or course can you recommend?
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by Nobody: 8:49pm On May 18, 2018
Smatkomo:
wink

Thanks Sir please which other material or course can you recommend?

You can take the Coursera Advanced English writing course. It is a six month course normally, but you can finish it in three months if you spend 5 hours on it daily.

You can equally take the Creative Writing and Digital Marketing Specializations as well.

Hubspot is another quality course to take. Take some of their Inbound Certifications. You will be much better for it.
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by jumiasalesguy3: 9:10pm On May 18, 2018
Please put me through on how to recieve and withdraw money earned on fiveer. This is my limitation why I'm yet to join. Thanks
mrphysics:

Wow, this is nice. How flexible can it be when there is restriction on registration and people would have to bid for a job

Brightgem, I sincerely appreciate the fact you have tried fiverr, please don't give up. I currently earn on average $1000 on fiverr using a Nigerian account.

The thing about fiverr is that, they are filled with broke buyers who wants haven for a price of hell. I just need to expand, hence the reason I want to join upwork. There is nothing bad if I start making $3000/month. That's the joy of hustling.
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by klassd(m): 10:19pm On May 18, 2018
JixNation:

I'd like to learn this from you, how well?
it's quite easy, the major thing is writing your script. i use VideoMaker FX
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by Smatkomo: 2:15am On May 19, 2018
KOPT33:

You can take the Coursera Advanced English writing course. It is a six month course normally, but you can finish it in three months if you spend 5 hours on it daily.

You can equally take the Creative Writing and Digital Marketing Specializations as well.

Hubspot is another quality course to take. Take some of their Inbound Certifications. You will be much better for it.

Thanks so much.
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by Nobody: 10:07am On May 19, 2018
klassd:

Is it an andriod app?
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by Nobody: 10:12am On May 19, 2018
Upwork is better
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by klassd(m): 10:52am On May 19, 2018
JixNation:

Is it an andriod app?
laptop
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by Nobody: 10:55am On May 19, 2018
klassd:

laptop
A link to where I can download it please.
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by klassd(m): 12:13pm On May 19, 2018
JixNation:

A link to where I can download it please.
mediafire.com/download/p7zd7o3k2307b76/VideoMakerFx-1.05.zip
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by Nobody: 12:24pm On May 19, 2018
klassd:

mediafire.com/download/p7zd7o3k2307b76/VideoMakerFx-1.05.zip

Oshe!
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by Damitism: 11:32pm On May 19, 2018
klassd:

I have video maker fx but the app is not encouraging to me. It's so limited in the sense that I can't do much editing on the slides. The most annoying part is the fact that I can edit the timing for each slide.

How do you use it? Do you make use of the limited slides to make all your videos? I need some encouragement with this app. It has been on my computer for quite a whiteboard.

I only use VideoScribe presently because it gives me the flexibility I want with animation.

I write explainer script too.
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by klassd(m): 9:11am On May 20, 2018
Damitism:

you can combine different slides, you can also increase the slide timing in the delay section
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by ArcToyin(m): 7:24pm On Jun 13, 2018
overhypedsteve:
Why not work for a more Nigerian and payment ready platform...

If you are very good at researching, data analysis and if you have serious spare time to work part time, then join the Runmyresearch team and enjoy working as a paid researcher from home while earning a living...
Send your CV to info@zukitechsolutions.com
Mail should have "application as a researcher" as subject. Please make sure you use an active email address so you can quickly read and respond to our feed back
can you explain better. I do have spare time.
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by generationz(f): 2:14am On Jun 20, 2018
joey150:
I haven't had any issues with Fiverr. Loved it so far and i don't offer any $5 gigs either. I never bid for jobs on fiverr. That's mainly while i like it. Buyers come to me.

I tried upwork and wasn't successful, I'll try again.

Freelancer is still what i cannot figure out, despite getting some jobs there. i hate it already.

There is no "better one" just stick to what works for you.
Franky hi
I need your help on how to join and get gigs on fiverr , upwork,and freelancer
But I'm confused about the VPN brouhahaon fiverr many fiverr freelancers are complaining about being deported or blocked and the American number ish

Abeg if you have work to outsource I'm here.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

4 Ways To Identify "SCAMMERS" On Most Online Market Platform Like OLX Nigeria / Leaked CBN Circular Bans Naira Overdrafts Secured By Foreign Currency Deposits / 5 Achievable Business Ideas For Stay-at-home Mums

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.