Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,307 members, 7,780,724 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:45 PM

"I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi (37453 Views)

Coronavirus: Oba Abdul-Ganiy Adekunle Oloogunebi Appeases Deities To Ward It Off / “I Never Said I Am Changing From Oba To Emir” – Oluwo Of Iwoland / I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir, Oluwo Of Iwo Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by Haklam: 12:01am On Apr 02, 2018
This is the kind of news you will read and take a deep breath then say oga e be like say u don dey mad abi grin some people don't even know they are getting old and this is what you get when you go as far as America to get a king rubbish

3 Likes

Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by emotionroll(m): 12:02am On Apr 02, 2018
ples let us be careful here....sumone said his name is ARMED ROBBER..his here
Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by GarriKoro(m): 12:03am On Apr 02, 2018
emmysoftyou:
Chai, him brain Don reset back to afonja due to threat of detrone.

Anyway, you have made your point. We all know that the Southwest obas re not in good terms but I also pray you stop being slavery to your master up north.
That's not good.
Shut up you ibo fool

1 Like

Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by TheKingIsHere: 12:04am On Apr 02, 2018
Adebowale89:
respect to your throne but no respect to the gibberish coming out from your mouth. just imagine a whole king trying to pleased other region ahead of his own heritage

does this sound sane at all

The man is insane and needs to be removed. let someone who respect the yoruba culture be put in his place.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by ballerin(m): 12:06am On Apr 02, 2018
salford1:

As you have requested.
I do not think the present Oluwo was installed in 2012.

Below is also a post from Nairaland in 2011.
https://www.nairaland.com/675773/great-leaders-nigerias-history-before/6

It couldn't have been a tone of finality so long people's opinions are being replete in conjectures.
It is a misinformation when a shared content has no link to a primary source. I insist the purported pix of oluwo is not reliable, although not taking anything away from the forum.
Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by JikanBaura(m): 12:10am On Apr 02, 2018
Allah yaja zamanin emir cheesy
Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by TheKingIsHere: 12:10am On Apr 02, 2018
Haklam:
This is the kind of news you will read and take a deep breath then say oga e be like say u don dey mad abi grin some people don't even know they are getting old and this is what you get when you go as far as America to get a king rubbish

The Oba abi Emir is only saving face by telling lies.

He should tell us why he dumped the Yoruba traditional Attire of an Oba and started dressing like an Emir from the north?

There are numerous pictures of him dressed as a northern Emir.

He even feels happier dressed as a northern Emir. undecided undecided

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by omosuper(m): 12:12am On Apr 02, 2018
NdiaraIGBO:
The FAKE news was started by FFK inlaws, the bloody flat/heads IDP from the East.

Useless igbo cunts!
Leave the easterners out of the king's madness.The king is stupid.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by Oletubo(m): 12:21am On Apr 02, 2018
It's unfortunate that a king could be lying. And this is someone who is the Father of a town!
Nonsense!
Very unreliable

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by chuckjoshua(m): 12:27am On Apr 02, 2018
NdiaraIGBO:
The FAKE news was started by FFK inlaws, the bloody flat/heads IDP from the East.

Useless igbo cunts!

You don start again abi? Make we bring chain?

5 Likes

Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by kanosalami: 12:33am On Apr 02, 2018
emmysoftyou:
Chai, him brain Don reset back to afonja due to threat of detrone.

Anyway, you have made your point. We all know that the Southwest obas re not in good terms but I also pray you stop being slavery to your master up north.
That's not good.
Can you for once stop this... Mentality
Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by Nobody: 12:36am On Apr 02, 2018
Nigga seems confused and would do anything to trend.

2 Likes

Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by Jerome3094: 12:41am On Apr 02, 2018
grin grin
funstufz:
Wetin we no go see and hear ke?

That hausa and 'some ardent' muslims and those that can not pronounce OBA as simple as it is can call you oba, result of your several 'romantic' the hausas visit to the north....

So, if Yoruba cannot pronounce Emir well, they can as well change his title to 'OBA of Kano' ...

imagine the reception that would create... these people will never allow that, why, they value what they have irrespective of where you are coming from or your new idea...

I still dobt the 'genuity' of this so called 'Oba'...or is it 'emir and his wasiri'....
grin
funstufz:
Wetin we no go see and hear ke?

That hausa and 'some ardent' muslims and those that can not pronounce OBA as simple as it is can call you oba, result of your several 'romantic' the hausas visit to the north....

So, if Yoruba cannot pronounce Emir well, they can as well change his title to 'OBA of Kano' ...

imagine the reception that would create... these people will never allow that, why, they value what they have irrespective of where you are coming from or your new idea...

I still dobt the 'genuity' of this so called 'Oba'...or is it 'emir and his wasiri'....
Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by Nobody: 12:42am On Apr 02, 2018
Quite arrogant but very ill informed...
Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by itsene: 12:45am On Apr 02, 2018
Do we know the sources of the news we react to?
Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by ruffp: 12:48am On Apr 02, 2018
We should start calling him Stupid...so he can dress like one!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by Nobody: 12:58am On Apr 02, 2018
salford1:
An Oluwo from 1890's dressed as a Muslim.

That town is indeed somehow undecided

Wow!
Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by prechbills1(m): 12:58am On Apr 02, 2018

1 Like

Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by blazhykowskyi(m): 1:02am On Apr 02, 2018
prechbills1:

we don't have emirs or mosques in Delta state, don't misinform the public.

Eyah. You must be living in a cave. No state in Nigeria has no mosque.

No part of the news suggests there's an emir in Delta State.

You must be an illiterate dunce.
Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by adekanmbi1986(m): 1:31am On Apr 02, 2018
Adekdammy:
if not that first class king don turn pure water, this guy suppose still be baale, he doesn't act like a yoruba king.

It isn't him that is first class but the stool of Oluwo of Iwo that he is occupying automatically makes him First Class Oba.
Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by Raintaker(m): 1:43am On Apr 02, 2018
salford1:
An Oluwo from 1890's dressed as a Muslim.

That town is indeed somehow undecided
The town is not somehow, they actually had the second Muslim king in the whole of Yoruba land.
Ede had the first.
Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by prechbills1(m): 1:51am On Apr 02, 2018
blazhykowskyi:

Eyah. You must be living in a cave. No state in Nigeria has no mosque.

No part of the news suggests there's an emir in Delta State.

You must be an illiterate dunce.

lol.. you can't initiate conversations without insults, shows how childish and stupid you're.

I'm living in the capital of Delta state and I've been to all major places in Delta. nothing like mosque in Delta so stop spewing shits
Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by iamjavadem(m): 2:13am On Apr 02, 2018
slowpoke, our your fake happiness was shortlived because you didnt wait to hear from the other party before releasing a comment. Sore losers, along with the morons that liked this.
OBAGADAFFI:
They have threatened to detrone him, he is now changing tone.

Who made him first class ruler

Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by pennylland: 2:14am On Apr 02, 2018
HAVE YOU EVER SEEN HAUSA EMIR IN OBAS DRESSING OR (DRESSING CODE)?
WHY BECAUSE THERE ARE NOT READY TO ABANDON THEIR CULTURE .KWARA STATE STILL FRESH IN MY MIND

2 Likes

Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by tiger28: 2:47am On Apr 02, 2018
MAJOR attention seeker!!!

1 Like

Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by pastoradebola: 3:16am On Apr 02, 2018
If u are not olojukokoro I see no reasons the title should be bringing controversy
Well promote your locally culture both in talking and dressing more ....when been address by other title it would be known to the tribe that is an expretion...
Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by Nobody: 3:27am On Apr 02, 2018
ballerin:

You should rather not peddle an unverified source.
It could have been anywhere
"Nigeria's nostalgic projects" is a verified source on facebook, with eminent Nigerians commenting on it. If it came from it, then it's true.
Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by top4: 3:53am On Apr 02, 2018
I don't see anything bad in what the oluwo deed even if addressed himself as emir because emir is just another language meaning oba. so another tribes living here can address as such nothing wrong with that.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Masquerade Seriously Beats An Okada Rider (video) / 10 Ways To Say ‘hello’ To A Nigerian / EndSARS : Oba Rilwan akinolu Returns To Palace Two Months After Mob Invasion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.