Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,819 members, 7,802,622 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:38 PM

Did Hiv Test,came Out To Be +. Wat Should I Do? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did Hiv Test,came Out To Be +. Wat Should I Do? (8375 Views)

Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked / Testimonies Of Healings From HIV And AIDS / Bishop Oyedepo And Hiv Test: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did Hiv Test,came Out To Be +. Wat Should I Do? by coloba: 6:45pm On Mar 12, 2007
I did HIV test recently and the result came out to be positive. It was sent to Yaba for a confirmatory test but the result remained the same. When I was told, the whole world stopped and I could only hear my heart beat and the beats of the drums of death. I couldn't believe it. I'm less than 27, vibrant and handsome and has the most beautiful girl as fiancee. The only thing that makes me happy is the fact that both of us have never had sex, this calmed me a little but was still confused about what to do.

The only viable option that came my way was GOD! Believe it or not, He can do all things. You may be quick to condemn me by asking "is it now u know God exists?" I don't blame u,because u are right. I've not been totally clean and honest to God and my fiancee but I've chosen to renew my relationship wit Him. Its not been easy u know, but I have the faith that He will heal me.

A word of advice to all: don't play with your life! Abstainence is the best. Dont think u are safe by doing it just once or with just one person, that may just be the one that will get u "hooked and cooked" At this time I need your support and prayers to win this battle. I hope to share my healing with this forum when God does the miracle. Thanks.
Re: Did Hiv Test,came Out To Be +. Wat Should I Do? by TayoD(m): 10:30pm On Mar 12, 2007
@Coloba,

I do feel for you and hope many will learn from your experience and not through their own.

I'm however curious about one thing: Which God are you refering to? Clarifying this will help us to know how to be in agreement with you. There is One whom the Bible refers to as the Balm in Gilead. If you have faith in Jesus, then I know your sins are forgiven if you repent and believe in Him, and that His healing power is available as long as you can tap into it.

Cheers.
Re: Did Hiv Test,came Out To Be +. Wat Should I Do? by coloba: 7:38am On Mar 13, 2007
Thanks Tayo. I'm a christian and do believe in the healing power of Jesus. Though it has not been easy because satan tends to whisper to me every time reminding me that HIV is incurable and dat pple will soon start running away from me once they find out. But I still hold on to God's Word and pray everytime- dats simply the best I can do.

Please join me in presenting my heart desire to the Father. I believe my healing is on the way (if not alraedy here). Thanks once again.
Re: Did Hiv Test,came Out To Be +. Wat Should I Do? by Backslider(m): 8:52am On Mar 13, 2007
@Coloba

You sounded Hypothetical in your submission but I must say this That God demands complete Worship of Him This means Inward and outward Holiness.

Any Form of evil flee from it. you must Hate sin with your life and might and Love Righteousness with all your soul. Put God In all you Do. Dont worship any man, Miracles or money. IF HE HEALS YOU GOOD AND IF HE DOESNT SO BE IT. WE ARE ALREADY IN ETERNITY WE JUST NEED TO LEAVE THIS BODY AND WILL SEE ETERNITY FOR EVER AND EVER.

Say Like Shedrach Meshach and Abdenego that even if God does not rescue them they will die serving their God.

This is your true and Honourable service.

Regards

Joy and love from Jesus
Re: Did Hiv Test,came Out To Be +. Wat Should I Do? by coloba: 10:21am On Mar 13, 2007
Thanks Backslider, I'm not hypothetical in my submission. I really and truly love God, just that this stuff happened in one of my "falling short of His glory". Thanks for ur encouragement. Its noted. Pls continue to pray for me. Cheers.
Re: Did Hiv Test,came Out To Be +. Wat Should I Do? by Nella(f): 12:09pm On Mar 13, 2007
Hey Coloba, lyk Tayo D, i do hope people learn 4rom ur experience,
I'm "REALLY" glad 2 know that u r a Christain!!!! Cuz that's all that matters! as long as u, in ur heart accept Jesus as ur Lord n saviour, there is nothing more 2 worry about!! Prayer, fasting n faith is d key!!!

If God heals u or not (lyk Backslider said) so b it!! Gods choice is d absolute best!!
Try not 2 have that drum of death buzzing in ur ears: Cuz there is no such thing as death!!
It's just a croos over 2 a better place, a place of eternity !!!! a place of totall Joy n peace !!
where u soar with Angels a Beautiful place, n all u need 2 do is accept Jesus as ur Lord n Saviour!! which i'm glad u already did!!!
Besides wat's there in diz world 2 miss ( apart 4rom ur loved ones!),
One saying i know = God takes d Good ones up close 2 him soo soon cuz he misses them n wants 2 take them away 4rom diz wicked world of suffering n so on, !!!

One advice= i know u must probably b in some kinda state, but don't go running 2 any man , Church or just who ever thats tells u he or she can heal u with miracles!! If God wants 2 heal u, he absolutely will!! eventhou that man is there or not!! God is d healer not man!!
( all u need is prayer,fasting n faith) if he dosen't then so b it!!
Play ur role n let God decide d rest!!

Peaze out!
Re: Did Hiv Test,came Out To Be +. Wat Should I Do? by coloba: 3:18pm On Mar 13, 2007
Nella,what more can I say than thank you? I got all what u said and really appreciate ur contribution. As u already know I'm a christian and know my right in Christ. I cant see myself running to a man or church all because they said God is there to heal. I know He is every where and believe He can reach me anywhere- that's the most important thing!

So don't worry about that.The only pple I've shared it with so far are u guys at Nairaland and really thank God for such a forum where I can express myself and speak my mind (it sure does take alot of pressure from me).I'm alot more happier than the day I heard the news and never really heard the drums of death after that day. My mind is really at rest and do believe all is well.

Thank you dear Nella!
Re: Did Hiv Test,came Out To Be +. Wat Should I Do? by Lalas(m): 10:41pm On Mar 13, 2007
@ topic,
Love will be shown unto those u show love.
its definately the beginning of a new life, a new life in our Lord Jesus!!
One Question though, have u told ur girlfriend?? if not, i suggest u do fast!
i am praying that our Lord Jesus will shower His mercies on u and indeed, on all of us, may He give u the fortitude to forge ahead, cos i tell u honestly, u are yet to do what u were sent to do, great things!!
Re: Did Hiv Test,came Out To Be +. Wat Should I Do? by obanikoro2(m): 7:06pm On Mar 15, 2007
I hope pple learn from ur story. Dont worry bro,it will end well. Just have to keep having faith, u will get healed. Can u send me ur number or email so we can be communicating directly?Post it if dats ok by u. Take care bro,its not the end of the world. cheesy
Re: Did Hiv Test,came Out To Be +. Wat Should I Do? by rv2ii(m): 7:10pm On Mar 15, 2007
My Dear,

I love you, we love you, Nairaland loves you and everybody @ Nairaland LOVES YOU SOOOOOOO MUCH!

Why? you would ask,

because positivity is the begining of wisdom.

Atleast you came out and said it yourself that you are HIV + what about those who wouldnt want to let you or people close to them know about it?

just keep it up!

we'll continue to pray for you @ Nairaland here wink
Re: Did Hiv Test,came Out To Be +. Wat Should I Do? by Nella(f): 8:57am On Mar 16, 2007
coloba:

Nella,what more can I say than thank you? I got all what u said and really appreciate your contribution. As u already know I'm a christian and know my right in Christ. I can't see myself running to a man or church all because they said God is there to heal. I know He is every where and believe He can reach me anywhere- that's the most important thing!

So don't worry about that.The only people I've shared it with so far are u guys at Nairaland and really thank God for such a forum where I can express myself and speak my mind (it sure does take alot of pressure from me).I'm alot more happier than the day I heard the news and never really heard the drums of death after that day. My mind is really at rest and do believe all is well.

Thank you dear Nella!

Hey Coloba, U r welcome!!!
I am Glad u r getting over it little by little!!!
Phew!! glad 2 hear as well that, u r not one of those people who go running 2 men 4 miracle!!! Ur Miracle comes n will come 4rom our Heavenly Father!!
Every one has their cross in diz world, n all u have 2 do is pick it up n follow d master who carried d biggest n heaviest cross of all n is leading d way!! n i'm Glad u r picking ur's up, n following him!!!
God bless u a WHOLE DEAL!!!
I will never 4get u in my prayers!!!!!

B strong, God bless, N peaze out!!
Re: Did Hiv Test,came Out To Be +. Wat Should I Do? by Nobody: 10:36am On Mar 16, 2007
Jesus wil heal you
Re: Did Hiv Test,came Out To Be +. Wat Should I Do? by MyPeace(f): 11:14am On Mar 16, 2007
Granted that praying in your closete God will touch and heal you. But the bible says you shd not forsake the asseblies of the believers, am not preaching church with this, but check out this http://www.thelordschosen.org/HIV.htm, just to strength your faith for ur desired miracle. It is real, my God will surely touch and heal you. am expecting your testimony on this forum
Re: Did Hiv Test,came Out To Be +. Wat Should I Do? by rv2ii(m): 2:15pm On Mar 16, 2007
Do you Know Micheal Jordan?

If yes,

Please read everything about how he is managing himself,

cheers!

Remember, your happiness means alot to you from this moment on,
Re: Did Hiv Test,came Out To Be +. Wat Should I Do? by Tornadoz(m): 2:18am On Mar 19, 2007
All our prayers are with you young man, please never give up, keep your head up.
Re: Did Hiv Test,came Out To Be +. Wat Should I Do? by macalurs(m): 7:46pm On Mar 19, 2007
Not trying to be sadistic, but it would help you to face reality.

You're going to die. Get ready.

I wont join the wagon that would tell you "i'm praying for you". There's is a very mighty possibility they're not; Most of them didn't even remember you today.

I'll tell you: See You In The Morning.

Find Peace in yourself.
Re: Did Hiv Test,came Out To Be +. Wat Should I Do? by sisimose(f): 7:51pm On Mar 19, 2007
macalurs:

Did you mean to say Magic Johnson? Michael Jordan doesn't have AiDS.

@Topic,

Not trying to be sadistic, but it would help you to face reality. You're going to die.

we all going to die, You could die crossing the road.

@Topic
be careful and honest with those you with , do not get anyone infected and try to stay healthy, take care
Re: Did Hiv Test,came Out To Be +. Wat Should I Do? by Seun(m): 7:54pm On Mar 19, 2007
You're going to die. Get ready.
Really? What a surprise? He had no idea! <being sarcastic>

I think he can live for a really long time if he can get the anti-retroviral drugs while waiting for a drug that kills HIV.
To avoid discrimination, I think he should only tell those closest to him about the infection. Otherwise.

2 Likes

Re: Did Hiv Test,came Out To Be +. Wat Should I Do? by omogenaija(f): 8:11pm On Mar 19, 2007
cry cry
thank God for my life, i'm sorry for ur situation and i'm happy and i pray that i never will be

but now it has happened. just live ur life to the fullest be the best that u can be. just use ur medicine and stay happy.
Re: Did Hiv Test,came Out To Be +. Wat Should I Do? by queen2(f): 8:16pm On Mar 19, 2007
Heya ! sorry ehn, no one is perfect
Ur really a nice person not to have passed it to another person, and i pray to God for healings for u.
Ur courageous Keep it Up  smiley
Re: Did Hiv Test,came Out To Be +. Wat Should I Do? by DeepSoul(f): 8:17pm On Mar 19, 2007
Having HIV dsnt mean you'll die any moment from now! According to Seun, stick to anti-retroviral drugs! U never know, a cure for HIV might be very close to us!

Discrimination can hardly be avoided as his status cannot be known to just close family members. I had to do an HIV test about a week ago and believe me, it wasnt voluntarily!

There r some situations where you just hav to go through it,mandatorily.

However, keep ur faith! With God,impossible is nothing and nothing is impossible! By His stripes we are healed!

The Blood of Jesus is stronger than HIV!
Re: Did Hiv Test,came Out To Be +. Wat Should I Do? by drlawng(m): 8:25pm On Mar 19, 2007
@Coloba

I have seen a couple of HIV positive people who later tested negative. I will tell you because as a doctor, i found it hard to believe until i saw a confirmatiom ELISA test both before and after. I now believe on Jesus and the fact that he works miracles. Some of my doctor friends here in the US that witnessed the same still believe its an illusion of some sort or there is a perfect explanation for why the test came out positive the first time (a mix up probably). I Know it wasnt because that makes for a very lucrative lawsuit. The patient prayed and confessed the word of GOD for months and she said Jesus healed her. I am very scientific and also realist, but i am also smart enoghh to know there are things beyond our realm of existence. I am convinced Jesus lives, and what he does for one he will do for another under the same circumstances.
Re: Did Hiv Test,came Out To Be +. Wat Should I Do? by naylow: 8:25pm On Mar 19, 2007
Coloba

Thank you for sharing this with us and I pray you find the strength to carry yourself through this very difficult period.
Re: Did Hiv Test,came Out To Be +. Wat Should I Do? by twinstaiye(m): 8:26pm On Mar 19, 2007
The only different between you and a healthy person who is not hiv positive is that, you already known you have a terminal disease, but what some people doesnt know is that, you cant die until you die. Those who are healthy can even die in various ways unknown to them, like accident, accidential discharge, etc.
So whoever think you are going to die, were only ignorant of what God can do and how He works.
Live your life comfortably, life is not all about dying, even when we have terminal disease. May God continue to be with you.
Re: Did Hiv Test,came Out To Be +. Wat Should I Do? by bisisexy(f): 8:28pm On Mar 19, 2007
tayo baby,
Re: Did Hiv Test,came Out To Be +. Wat Should I Do? by monshege: 8:30pm On Mar 19, 2007
Coloba,
your story is a sad one. i pray that God grants your heart desire (like you said, there is nothing he cannot do)
Re: Did Hiv Test,came Out To Be +. Wat Should I Do? by Seun(m): 8:31pm On Mar 19, 2007
I have seen a couple of HIV positive people who later tested negative.
When you're taking anti-retroviral drugs, you will test negative but the HIV will still be there (as far as I know).
Re: Did Hiv Test,came Out To Be +. Wat Should I Do? by bukiboy(m): 8:36pm On Mar 19, 2007
am so happy that you came out yourself to tell the whole world that you are hiv+, so many people are out there dying in silence.hiv doesnt kill,its aids that kills.
who told you that you will die? it just bluff, ignore them.i want to use this oppertunity to challenge everybody on this forum to post his/her status and we will all be surprise that this thing is eating deep down among us.
i have met many educate girls that says they cant use condom that its not like the real thing,(i really pity them)
dont worry live healthy and JESUS will see you through, i had already taken all our diseases and sickness away 2000 years ago.
bro, THUMBS UP! enjoy life, hiv doesnt kill but the thinking and self pity does.

lets all go and check our status, am hiv,

negative,hat are you expecting, though am not perfect.

in your reply to this thread post your STATUS pls.
Re: Did Hiv Test,came Out To Be +. Wat Should I Do? by drlawng(m): 8:37pm On Mar 19, 2007
@Seun

We don't just do test to check the immune response. After the second lady tested negative, a viral-load test was done. This is not Nigeria. Doctors here have to be very thorough and not be quick to give a false all-clear. The initial conclusion was that her specimen may have been mixed up in the laboratory (a rare occurence), but the microbiologists tested all over again. I know what i am saying. I need to let you know it takes some attention to detail to be a surgeon. Give me some credit.
Re: Did Hiv Test,came Out To Be +. Wat Should I Do? by 4Play(m): 8:40pm On Mar 19, 2007
@drlawng

There was another major case in the UK of a gay man who was initially HIV positive but eventually started testing negative.The man suspected that the initial tests were wrong and planned to sue but it was confirmed that they were properly conducted.

Another thing is,that it seems some people are immune to the virus
Re: Did Hiv Test,came Out To Be +. Wat Should I Do? by drlawng(m): 8:45pm On Mar 19, 2007
I know the cases of the people immuned. Its a genetic mutation that denies the Virus receptor sites. These people lack Beta-chemokines. But even at that, you will still detect the virus if you do a viral load test. The regular test is for antibodies (testing for substances you body creates to fight HIV specifically).
Re: Did Hiv Test,came Out To Be +. Wat Should I Do? by drlawng(m): 8:45pm On Mar 19, 2007
I know the cases of the immuned -people. Its a genetic mutation that denies the Virus receptor sites. These people lack Beta-chemokines intheir CD4-complements which automatically gives them immunity. But even at that, you will still detect the virus if you do a viral load test. The regular test is for antibodies (testing for substances you body creates to fight HIV specifically).

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jesus Christ Is God / How Christians Can Overcome Depression / How Do You Want To Be Remembered When You Are Gone?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.