Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,869 members, 7,802,800 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:53 PM

Say No To Saraki Dictatorship - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Say No To Saraki Dictatorship (1748 Views)

Abaribe Presents To Saraki Abamade Military Kits / 3 Things That Will Happen To Saraki If Found Guilty By CCT / British Passport Linked To Saraki Forged – UK Authority (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Say No To Saraki Dictatorship by bilms(m): 11:05am On May 07, 2010
Kwara state captivity by Dr Olusola Saraki.

My People,

I am writting for the world to know,how Saraki has hold my people (Kwara State) in captivity.I am an indigene of offa town.This guy and many more had taken Nigerians for a ride for a long winding ride.The feat performed by Oloye, as Dr. Saraki is better known in the Kwara state is daunting,
For more than 26 years one person determines who will be the Governor and state officials and if that is not a crime,come to Kwara state and see for your self what development has occur over the 26 years
Saraki in about a month ago boasted that ‘God will show him the next Governor of Kwara state in Mecca and he will name the person and install him shortly’.(As if He is trully religious,Which religion support inequality) .
Prior to the emergence of Bukola as the governor of the state in 2003, his father, Dr. Olusola Saraki had explored his intimidating political prowess to catapault many to the seat of power in Kwara State.

Among the beneficiaries of the political wizadry of Saraki, were the following former governors of the state, the late Adamu Attah (1979-1983), Cornelius Adebayo (1983-1984), Shaaba Lafiaji (1991- 1992), the late Mohammed Alabi Lawal (1993- 2007) and the incumbent governor his son, Bukola.

Besides installing people into the number one position in the state, the Senior Saraki had also used his political influence to produce Senators like Suleiman Salawu, Senator Suleiman Ajadi Makanjuola, Ishaq Salman, S.S Ajibola, Ahmed Ahmed, and daughter, Gbemisola Saraki, among others.

In Kwara state we have;
GOV SARAKI,
SEN SARAKI,
REP SARAKI,In addition to installing Bukola as Lawal's successor, Oloye literally moved up his daughter, Gbemisola, from the House of Representatives where she served a term from 1999 to the Senate in the 2003 elections to boot.
GODFATHER DR SARAKI.
NEXT GOVERNOR:MOST LIKELY DAUGHTER SARAKI.

As it wa said,when He was told that the son is not doing well,He told the people to be patient,that the boy's tenure will soon be over and that His sister(Gbemisola Saraki) will do better as a Governor .

Time there was that two incumbent governors - Alhaji Adamu Atta in 1983 and the late retired Rear Admiral Muhammed Alabi Lawal in 2003 - kissed the dust after fierce electoral battles with this "god father" of Kwara politics, Dr. Abubakar Olusola Saraki. They were both epic battles that will not be forgotten in a hurry.

The Intelligence of the people of Kwara state has far been insulted.

Wa lahi ,this is too much.

http://www..com/ng/states-and-lgda-specific-talks/103-kwara-state-captivity.html
Re: Say No To Saraki Dictatorship by Spyker: 12:36pm On May 07, 2010
If you cry to the Lord, he will hear you. One day their empire will crumble like that of Yaradua, Abacha. Though Yaradua (Musa) was a good man, but he is a product of god-fatherism. In short, Nigeria as a country needs God to break the hold of the god-fathers.
Did you see the miracle of President Goodluck Jonathan, somebody whom the so called Majority tribes in Nigeria would not have allowed to be the President has emerged as President. With prayer and time, Almighty God will redeem his people. Like i said, their empires will crumble before their very own eyes.
Re: Say No To Saraki Dictatorship by kamalcole(m): 1:58pm On May 07, 2010
Stop complaing since religion & saraki's amala politic have beclouded kwara people's sense of reasonin.you people ave no choice dan to continue 2 serve god saraki & his family.long live saraki,may your generatiöns yet unborn continue 2 rule d stupid people called kwarans.thank God dey are in d north.
Re: Say No To Saraki Dictatorship by deebsman1(m): 3:23pm On May 07, 2010
'm comin to challenge and beat him, d man is not a super man, he's defeat-able. Kwaran's just needs to wake up.
Re: Say No To Saraki Dictatorship by Akanbiedu(m): 8:05am On May 08, 2010
The Sarakis have not been ruling by force. So its democracy. As long as majority vote for them, there is no problem here.

Mind you Godfathers are everywhere. If the sarakis lose out as the godfather, another godfather will emerge. Its nature of power, somebody has to be in charge or else there will chaos.
Re: Say No To Saraki Dictatorship by Nobody: 2:59pm On May 08, 2010
kamalcole:

Stop complaing since religion & saraki's amala politic have beclouded kwara people's sense of reasonin.you people ave no choice dan to continue 2 serve god saraki & his family.long live saraki,may your generatiöns yet unborn continue 2 rule d[b] silly people called kwarans[/b].thank God dey are in d north.
angry angry angry
Re: Say No To Saraki Dictatorship by DisGuy: 3:08pm On May 08, 2010
and say yes to who?

what/who are the other options in Ilorin?

What have they done, have they provided the much needed opposition or have they slowly integrated with the saraki clan only to fall out and start claiming dictatorship

I'd like to see a healthy opposition but peaceful government in Kwara
Re: Say No To Saraki Dictatorship by Nobody: 3:25pm On May 08, 2010
Dis Guy:

and say yes to who?

what/who are the other options in Ilorin?

What have they done, have they provided the much needed opposition or have they slowly integrated with the saraki clan only to fall out and start claiming dictatorship

I'd like to see a healthy opposition but peaceful government in Kwara

I'm not sure children of other people will be better than saraki children. Moreso he has been installing other people's children in govt since 70's and now his children, as if they are also not Kwarans.

This argument may sound Adedibu-esque but I personally care less about whoever rules.
Re: Say No To Saraki Dictatorship by DisGuy: 3:33pm On May 08, 2010
Thats what i'm thinking too

The next stage for kwara development would be to get more private investments especially medium sized manufacturers to invest- cheap labour, land and educated workforce who are jetting out as soon as they get their papers.

Ilorin/kwara can easily act as an outlet to Abuja if saraki leverage on his position in the FG setup to get the train working perhaps even link Ilorin to Ghana/West Africa grin
Re: Say No To Saraki Dictatorship by edoyad(m): 5:49pm On May 08, 2010
This is a start, you can build up from here till you defeat the dinosaur.
Re: Say No To Saraki Dictatorship by edoyad(m): 5:53pm On May 08, 2010
This is a start, you can build up from here till you defeat the dinosaur.
Re: Say No To Saraki Dictatorship by kamalcole(m): 6:14pm On May 08, 2010
Kwara is a heavily populated by muslim drivers,bricklayers,carpenters & elerans(meat seller) these are very low intellgent people who neither undastand govnance nor politics & are easily carried away by d crumbs from d masters (saraki) table,even fl privilgd to be assct wth them .since politcs is a game of no,the saraki's will rule forever.if u want 2b free,get liberated from religious & political hypnosis(brainwashing)
Re: Say No To Saraki Dictatorship by seun0622(m): 6:48pm On May 08, 2010
@ poster

it s really a serious situation caused by Kwarans themselves.
each state of the federation has its political peculiarity and that of Kwara is just Saraki.
Whether you like it or not ,He will continue to rule and dictate every dictatable in that state till he dies and when He dies , He would have successfully installed Bukola as another God father to continue from Where he stopped.
I cant blame the Saraki family for this because for anybody to attain the position of a God father, he must have at one time or the other sacrificed for his people. God fatherism is for real. it would only take the people of Kwara to liberate themselves from this shackles.
Truth be told, the political and Intellectual Orientation of the people of Kwara needs to change if indeed they are ready to liberate themselves.The saraki family knows how much a kwaran cost and they are always ready to tripple the pay.
For now , there seems to be nobody that can break their stronghold, not in the next 5 years. you just have to take heart my brother!
Re: Say No To Saraki Dictatorship by bilms(m): 2:38pm On May 13, 2010
lol
Re: Say No To Saraki Dictatorship by naso2(m): 8:57am On May 14, 2010
bilms:

My People,

I am writting for the world to know,how Saraki has hold my people (Kwara State) in captivity.I am an indigene of offa town.This guy and many more had taken Nigerians for a ride for a long winding ride.The feat performed by Oloye, as Dr. Saraki is better known in the Kwara state is daunting,
For more than 26 years one person determines who will be the Governor and state officials and if that is not a crime,come to Kwara state and see for your self what development has occur over the 26 years
Saraki in about a month ago boasted that ‘God will show him the next Governor of Kwara state in Mecca and he will name the person and install him shortly’.(As if He is trully religious,Which religion support inequality) .
Prior to the emergence of Bukola as the governor of the state in 2003, his father, Dr. Olusola Saraki had explored his intimidating political prowess to catapault many to the seat of power in Kwara State.

Among the beneficiaries of the political wizadry of Saraki, were the following former governors of the state, the late Adamu Attah (1979-1983), Cornelius Adebayo (1983-1984), Shaaba Lafiaji (1991- 1992), the late Mohammed Alabi Lawal (1993- 2007) and the incumbent governor his son, Bukola.

Besides installing people into the number one position in the state, the Senior Saraki had also used his political influence to produce Senators like Suleiman Salawu, Senator Suleiman Ajadi Makanjuola, Ishaq Salman, S.S Ajibola, Ahmed Ahmed, and daughter, Gbemisola Saraki, among others.

In Kwara state we have;
GOV SARAKI,
SEN SARAKI,
REP SARAKI,In addition to installing Bukola as Lawal's successor, Oloye literally moved up his daughter, Gbemisola, from the House of Representatives where she served a term from 1999 to the Senate in the 2003 elections to boot.
GODFATHER DR SARAKI.
NEXT GOVERNOR:MOST LIKELY DAUGHTER SARAKI.

As it wa said,when He was told that the son is not doing well,He told the people to be patient,that the boy's tenure will soon be over and that His sister(Gbemisola Saraki) will do better as a Governor .

Time there was that two incumbent governors - Alhaji Adamu Atta in 1983 and the late retired Rear Admiral Muhammed Alabi Lawal in 2003 - kissed the dust after fierce electoral battles with this "god father" of Kwara politics, Dr. Abubakar Olusola Saraki. They were both epic battles that will not be forgotten in a hurry.

The Intelligence of the people of Kwara state has far been insulted.

Wa lahi ,this is too much.

http://www..com/ng/states-and-lgda-specific-talks/103-kwara-state-captivity.html

The funny thing about politics is that some  just talk while others act. It is not  unlikely that you are not even prepared to vote while the old women in Ilorin that worship saraki have marked out  the election day and are prepared to wait even 10 hours in the sun to vote.

I have stayed in kwara for sometime and sincerely have great dislike for saraki too, but i must be quick to acknowledge that the guy is popular. Yes he rigs elections but even without rigging the guy is popular in kwara, and my broda since the mechanic,motor park tout,the aged-almost-dying women in kwara are entitled to one vote like you even with your PHD, then until the man dies like Adedibu he will be the main kingmaker.

The other problem is , those that claim to have broken free from saraki have not done anything substantial to justify that saraki really is the enemy of the people. Lawal started it but could not make any impact  as people only saw those UP-LAWAL tanks that had no water in them.

I think senator Ajadi was not saraki's boy he contested and defeated Ajibola who was saraki's candidate .

The other important factor is the Ilorin emirate, that is very very comfortable with saraki as he is one of the key factors stopping the emergence of an Oba in Ilorin.

The fact that you are from Offa too will most likely make you  biased against Saraki. From the days of J.S olawoyin , the avergae Offa indigene does not like saraki and they show it at every opportunity. I remember once when saraki was coming from igosun to Ilorin and needed to connect the Offa-iLORIN road at that railway junction after owode market. Some youths blocked the road with weapons , that saraki would never be allowed to pass through their town. Infact it was a laughable scene as the guys dared mobile police men not minding that the road in question was a federal road.
Re: Say No To Saraki Dictatorship by bilms(m): 10:55am On Jun 03, 2010
lol
Re: Say No To Saraki Dictatorship by Nobody: 11:14am On Jun 03, 2010
bilms:

My People,

I am writting for the world to know,how Saraki has hold my people (Kwara State) in captivity[b].I am an indigene of offa town.[/b]This guy and many more had taken Nigerians for a ride for a long winding ride.Th
Bros, so u be omo Offa too. Do you stay in Offa?

na_so:

The funny thing about politics is that some just talk while others act. It is not unlikely that you are not even prepared to vote while the old women in Ilorin that worship saraki have marked out the election day and are prepared to wait even 10 hours in the sun to vote.

I have stayed in kwara for sometime and sincerely have great dislike for saraki too, but i must be quick to acknowledge that the guy is popular. Yes he rigs elections but even without rigging the guy is popular in kwara, and my broda since the mechanic,motor park tout,the aged-almost-dying women in kwara are entitled to one vote like you even with your PHD, then until the man dies like Adedibu he will be the main kingmaker.

The other problem is , those that claim to have broken free from saraki have not done anything substantial to justify that saraki really is the enemy of the people. Lawal started it but could not make any impact as people only saw those UP-LAWAL tanks that had no water in them.

I think senator Ajadi was not saraki's boy he contested and defeated Ajibola who was saraki's candidate .

The other important factor is the Ilorin emirate, that is very very comfortable with saraki as he is one of the key factors stopping the emergence of an Oba in Ilorin.

The fact that you are from Offa too will most likely make you biased against Saraki. From the days of J.S olawoyin , the avergae Offa indigene does not like saraki and they show it at every opportunity. I remember once when saraki was coming from igosun to Ilorin and needed to connect the Offa-iLORIN road at that railway junction after owode market. Some youths blocked the road with weapons , that saraki would never be allowed to pass through their town. Infact it was a laughable scene as the guys dared mobile police men not minding that the road in question was a federal road.
Gbam!
Re: Say No To Saraki Dictatorship by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jun 03, 2010
@ Poster,

NOOO to Saraki 'dictatorship'!!!

Now that I've said a big NO, how does that change anything? How does that stop Oloye from 'installing' his house-boy as the next governor of Kwara state if he so pleases? The thing about this country is that there are too many arm-chair critics and paper tigers who shout themselves hoarse, rather than devise pragmatic methods of getting things done.

In any case, I wonder what makes Oloye a 'dictator'; he does not apply force, neither does he employ a thug-army to bully Kwarans into submission. This is in fact why he is my all-time favourite among the many 'godfathers' that have dotted Nigeria's political landscape. A brilliant opportunist, Oloye's entrenched vice-grip of Kwara affairs stem from his unique style of politics - politics of philanthropy and patronage - taking advantage of the poverty of the vast majority of the electorate to establish a deeply rooted reputation as a generous and people-loving benefactor. You need to see the crowd that throng his Illorin palace daily to 'wack' free food and obtain one token favour or the other. How else can they repay him other than with their votes? In fact, sources reveal that a substantial part of the man's wealth goes into 'servicing' this goodwill he enjoys with the poor masses. Unlike some of the other godfathers, Oloye doesn't use violent means and thugs to intimidate opponents, he'd simply tell you to meet him at 'the field' where you'd be trounced even in your own ward!

The man is truly a Master in the art of politics and it is futile for anyone to whine or cry about that. As it stands, only death can break his stranglehold on Kwara politics. That is the bitter truth.
Re: Say No To Saraki Dictatorship by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jun 04, 2010
Re: Say No To Saraki Dictatorship by Kwaraawake: 12:45pm On Mar 22, 2011
A proud look, one who thinks no one whose father is not a Saraki should not become Governor of Kwara State. Who walks the State as if her God consulted her father before creating all Kwarans. She will treat Kwara like a monarch!

∙ A lying tongue. You can’t get an end to the lies this woman has told o. She even denied. One example? Hear her speaking about her daughter’s bottle licking ac, without realising that pictures would prove otherwise: “we actually left about 30 minutes after this picture was taken, and did not drink anything more than water and juice at that gathering“

∙ A heart that devises wicked plots: As how many of Hajia’s husbands have had their husbands visit their friend’s bed. How our “born-again” Hajia used to do it we don’t understand o, but she has snatched many a friend’s man.

∙ Feet that are swift to run into mischief (Please ask our dear Senator what happened to the supervisory role her committee has on the Nigeria Ports Authority. The Management of the organisation just came back from prison. Did the committee sleep while this infraction was committee. We were told that madam also got a lot of inducement from her activities on that committee and even more scams at the Senate!

∙ A deceitful witness that uttereth lies. ( Imagine Gbemi and her people concocting falsehoods, like claiming her posters were torn down when her team were replacing her outdated PDP posters with her Okere posters)

∙ Him that soweth discord among brethren. Do you see confusion in Gbemi’s family now? Her unreasonable ambition has turned everyone in her family again her brother, Bukola- the only reasonable one amongst them who see that Kwara State is not an extension of their family home.

∙ Is this who you want to vote for, good people of KWARA STATE? Please let's say NO a filthy hand!
Re: Say No To Saraki Dictatorship by bilms(m): 11:08am On Mar 23, 2011
if u say no, u act no. then be sincere with it. encourage others to do the same and u have changed the situation
Re: Say No To Saraki Dictatorship by hrworld: 4:52pm On Mar 23, 2011
We are SAYING A BIG NO to Gbemi's ambition. It will never worked.

(1) (Reply)

Fg Ponders National Guard / Nigerian underwear bomber to be sentenced in Detroit / Attack On Police in Anambra, Rubbers Spoke Strange Language

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.