Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,370 members, 7,781,036 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:51 AM

NLNG Nigeria Prize For Science 2018: Call For Entries - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NLNG Nigeria Prize For Science 2018: Call For Entries (7904 Views)

Wema ALAT Hackaholic 3.0 Second Leg Call For Entries / NNPC, NLNG Earmark $4mn For Establishment Of Laboratories In 6 Universities / School Gives Goat As Prize For First Position In A Primary School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NLNG Nigeria Prize For Science 2018: Call For Entries by DrMeroThaEmperor(m): 3:52pm On Apr 03, 2018
THE NIGERIA PRIZE FOR SCIENCE 2018

CALL FOR ENTRIES

Nigeria LNG Limited invites entries for The Nigeria Prize for Science, in line with its vision of helping to build a better Nigeria.

This annual prize for science is endowed by Nigeria LNG Limited (NLNG) to recognise outstanding scientific achievements by Nigerians and non-Nigerians alike for advancing scientific solutions to prescribed problems afflicting Nigeria, as captured by the theme of the year.

The winner(s) would receive an award of one hundred thousand US dollars ($100,000.00).

THEME

The theme for the 2018 competition is: innovation in Electric Power Solutions.
Entries are therefore invited from, researchers for work that contribute to the electric power solution especially from a Nigerian perspective.

ELIGIBILITY

 The award is open to all Nigeria and non Nigerians involved in the application of science to proffer innovations solution to the electric power challenges confronting Nigeria.

 The work should be of outstanding merit and should have advanced the frontiers of knowledge and /or provided an innovative solution in the area of electric power.

 The material for consideration must be original and indicate the specific area of merit; and all submissions must relate to that particular area.

 The material in support of the entry must be submitted within the time open for entry submission.

 Entries, including the supporting documents, must be submitted in six (6) copies.

SUBMISSION PROCEDURE

 As the intension is to recognise the most relevant and effective solution to specific Nigeria problems, works of collaboration by two or more persons are also welcome.

 Only one entry per contestant(s) is permitted per competition year.

 No entry previously submitted for this competition may be considered at a later date.

 Entries not submitted by the stated deadline and according to stated condition shall not be considered.

 Members of the Advisory Board or panel of judges or their relatives are not allowed to enter their works for the science prize during their year of services as well as the following year.

 NLNG staff or their family members are ineligible to enter for the prize.

 The prize will be awarded for no other reason than excellence.

PANEL OF JUDGES

 A panel of judges shall be appointed for the Nigeria Prize for science by the Advisory Board.

 The appointment of judges shall, as far as possible, reflect and represent a multi-disciplinary approach relevant to the theme, persons appointed as judges are those who have wide experience, peer recognition, good public image and command respect nationally and internationally.

 The decision of the process shall be final.

ADVISORY BOARD

Professor Alfrend A.Susu, FAS, NNOM - Chairman

Professor Barth Nnaji, FAS, CON, NNOM – member

Dr.(Mrs) Nike Akande, CON - member

Professor Michael Adikwu, FAS - member

Professor Elijah D. Mshelia, FAS - member

CLOSE OF ENTRY

All entries must be received by May 25, 2018. Late entries will not be entertained.

ANNOUNCEMENT AND PUBLIC PRESENTATION OF WINNER

Winners will be announced in October and presented to the public at a later date.

Entries shall be sent to:

The Nigeria prize for science
External Relations Division
Nigeria LNG Limited
Intel’s Aba Road Estate
Km 16P Port Harcourt –Aba Expressway
PMB 5660.Port Harcourt, Rivers State, Nigeria.

Or

The Nigeria Prize for Science
External Relations Division
Nigeria LNG Limited
4th floor, Heron House
10 Dean Farrar Street
London, SW1H ODX.

Email: nigeriaprizeforscience@nlng.com

For further information, visit Nigeria LNG Limited’s website: http://www.nigerialng.com/Our-CSR/Pages/The-Nigeria-Prizes.aspx

Find 2018 The Nigeria Prize for Science application form here

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NLNG Nigeria Prize For Science 2018: Call For Entries by emmyw(m): 5:17pm On Apr 03, 2018
Wow, Lalasticlala Come And See FP Material

1 Like

Re: NLNG Nigeria Prize For Science 2018: Call For Entries by Glowprincess: 6:28pm On Apr 03, 2018
Okay
Re: NLNG Nigeria Prize For Science 2018: Call For Entries by onupeter(m): 6:29pm On Apr 03, 2018
Ok
Re: NLNG Nigeria Prize For Science 2018: Call For Entries by ultron12345: 6:30pm On Apr 03, 2018
hdksdvisshsudgxbsishss in sw
Re: NLNG Nigeria Prize For Science 2018: Call For Entries by Oyinlade07(m): 6:30pm On Apr 03, 2018
nice
Re: NLNG Nigeria Prize For Science 2018: Call For Entries by shakaz(m): 6:37pm On Apr 03, 2018
Re: NLNG Nigeria Prize For Science 2018: Call For Entries by AZeD1(m): 6:41pm On Apr 03, 2018
This thread would show why companies prefer to sponsor Big brother than educational shows.

7 Likes

Re: NLNG Nigeria Prize For Science 2018: Call For Entries by 4Face2face(m): 6:42pm On Apr 03, 2018
Prof Michael Adikwu! This man don go far like dis?
Re: NLNG Nigeria Prize For Science 2018: Call For Entries by Nobody: 6:44pm On Apr 03, 2018
This is 1 million times better than bbn.
Re: NLNG Nigeria Prize For Science 2018: Call For Entries by emmyw(m): 6:44pm On Apr 03, 2018
shakaz:
After deadline has elapsed. undecided
Which Deadline

1 Like

Re: NLNG Nigeria Prize For Science 2018: Call For Entries by lumzybo: 6:48pm On Apr 03, 2018
shakaz:
After deadline has elapsed. undecided

I know English can be hard sometimes. Kindly read again, this time slowly.

3 Likes

Re: NLNG Nigeria Prize For Science 2018: Call For Entries by abike12(f): 6:49pm On Apr 03, 2018
Nice one
Re: NLNG Nigeria Prize For Science 2018: Call For Entries by alsudaes1(m): 7:04pm On Apr 03, 2018
This clearly shows our level of development in terms of generating and distributing electricity such that solutions would be stylishly sought through essay writing competition that would be well rewarded.
Re: NLNG Nigeria Prize For Science 2018: Call For Entries by joey150(m): 7:12pm On Apr 03, 2018
$100,000? how are we splitting it?

make una talk everything now. This one i am seeing winner(s) there.

BBN and the likes usually outline the prize to be won clearly. Here is something that involves real brain work and you people are playing with the real amount the winner will receive abi??

Obasanjo spent $16 billion in the past on power and didn't buy one new nepa pole. The winner deserves the entire $100,000 and a chance to supervise the implementation of his/her idea and plan.

1 Like

Re: NLNG Nigeria Prize For Science 2018: Call For Entries by Nelsizzy(m): 7:28pm On Apr 03, 2018
joey150:
$100,000? how are we splitting it?

make una talk everything now. This one i am seeing winner(s) there.

BBN and the likes usually outline the prize to be won clearly. Here is something that involves real brain work and you people are playing with the real amount the winner will receive abi??

Obasanjo spent $16 billion in the past on power and didn't buy one new nepa pole. The winner deserves the entire $100,000 and a chance to supervise the implementation of his/her idea and plan.
Winners because the winning project could be by a group of persons. Merci!
Re: NLNG Nigeria Prize For Science 2018: Call For Entries by musicwriter(m): 8:20pm On Apr 03, 2018
If you understand why this thread is empty, you'll understand why we are wallowing in poverty in Africa. We have no idea whatsoever about solution to our problem.
This is a clear proof that education in Africa has failed this continent and therefore, should be scrapped.

However, they didn't make it clear. Are they asking for ideas or what? To present what? I have electricity generation project I abandoned 2 years ago, and could resurrect it.
Re: NLNG Nigeria Prize For Science 2018: Call For Entries by shakaz(m): 11:08pm On Apr 03, 2018
emmyw:
Which Deadline
corrected I thought I saw March.
Re: NLNG Nigeria Prize For Science 2018: Call For Entries by samisj4real(m): 11:37pm On Apr 03, 2018
I need a breakdown of all the grammar..

What's it really about?
Re: NLNG Nigeria Prize For Science 2018: Call For Entries by AZeD1(m): 4:29am On Apr 04, 2018
musicwriter:
If you understand why this thread is empty, you'll understand why we are wallowing in poverty in Africa. We have no idea whatsoever about solution to our problem.
This is a clear proof that education in Africa has failed this continent and therefore, should be scrapped.

However, they didn't make it clear. Are they asking for ideas or what? To present what? I have electricity generation project I abandoned 2 years ago, and could resurrect it.

I made the following post earlier in the day
AZeD1:
This thread would show why companies prefer to sponsor Big brother than educational shows.
Re: NLNG Nigeria Prize For Science 2018: Call For Entries by ndigbo: 7:13am On Apr 04, 2018
I expected to see this thread moved to its tenth page ! But my fears has been confirmed!

And we all have the effrontery, to complain that nothing is working in this country?

A visit to the BBNaija page(s)will show why companies will prefer to sponsor such reality shows over an educative one.
Re: NLNG Nigeria Prize For Science 2018: Call For Entries by chloroform: 8:53am On Apr 04, 2018
Anyone interested in teaming up. let's win this.
Re: NLNG Nigeria Prize For Science 2018: Call For Entries by chloroform: 8:53am On Apr 04, 2018
Anyone interested in teaming up. let's win this.
Re: NLNG Nigeria Prize For Science 2018: Call For Entries by longlife101: 12:21pm On Apr 04, 2018
Can Entries be e-mail only, as email address is provided (also considering 6 copies to be submitted)?
Re: NLNG Nigeria Prize For Science 2018: Call For Entries by JOACHINpedro: 11:15am On Apr 05, 2018
musicwriter:

i would doubt that. if u read the eligibility u will find out that the program is restricted to all field except one. if not, i would have submitted my power plan for this country since last month.

(1) (Reply)

JAMB: 1.5million Candidates Register For 2017 UTME – Registrar / Nddc Foreign Scholarship. Scam? / NNPC, NLNG Earmark $4mn For Establishment Of Laboratories In 6 Universities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.