Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,152 members, 7,807,507 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:25 PM

Nigerian Artistes Always Pick Inspiration From Ghanaian Artistes - Stonebwoy - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Nigerian Artistes Always Pick Inspiration From Ghanaian Artistes - Stonebwoy (555 Views)

7 Nigerian Artistes That Have Better Lyrics Than Davido And Wizkid / 4 Dope Comeback Songs By Nigerian Artistes / Songs That Made Your Favourite Nigerian Artistes Blow!!!(video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Artistes Always Pick Inspiration From Ghanaian Artistes - Stonebwoy by Gangster1ms: 4:41pm On Apr 03, 2018
Nigerian artistes do have a wider reach on the world music market but they “always pick up an inspiration or two” from Ghanaian artistes, says Dancehall artiste, Stonebwoy. The ‘Mama’ act made the claim in a recent interview with OkayAfrica.com.

“The state of Ghana music is at a growing stage still, where it's competing with the super eagles of Nigeria, so to say [laughs]. But all the same, it’s very, very interesting because regardless of Ghana’s stance on the globe when it comes to Afrobeats, Nigerians always pick up an inspiration or two from us.” retorted Stonebwoy on the competition between Ghanaian and Nigerian music.

Afrobeats artiste, Mr Eazi, who started his music career in Ghana, was at the receiving end of stinging criticism by Nigerians late last year when he suggested in an interview, Nigerian artists were using the Ghanaian sound for hits. In early 2017, he was at the receiving end of a vicious backlash from Nigerians where he tweeted: “Ghana’s influence on present-day “Naija Sound” cannot be overemphasised!!!”

https://www.myjoyonline.com/entertainment/2018/April-3rd/nigerian-artistes-always-pick-some-inspiration-from-ghanaian-artistes-stonebwoy.php?platform=hootsuite

Cc lalasticlala mynd44

Re: Nigerian Artistes Always Pick Inspiration From Ghanaian Artistes - Stonebwoy by Gangster1ms: 2:30pm On May 17, 2018
MrFuckallday:

Yeah fam. I no dey coded cathedral again bruh. Reply my pm lemme send you my whatsapp digit
I no get access to that email again...
Mail me at Lostino12@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

Buy Real Soundcloud Followers For More Credibility / Wiz Khalifa – Universal Studios / Entertainment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.