Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,808 members, 7,802,587 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:52 PM

Who Is Your Best Super Eagles Player Of All Time? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Who Is Your Best Super Eagles Player Of All Time? (5937 Views)

This Is How The Next Super Eagles Team Should Be / Joseph Yobo Uncensored! I Can’t Be A Part-Time Eagles Player / Who Is The Richest Super Eagles Player? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is Your Best Super Eagles Player Of All Time? by drone99(m): 1:21pm On May 07, 2010
Who is your Best Super Eagles player of all time?
Re: Who Is Your Best Super Eagles Player Of All Time? by Iyineda(m): 2:54pm On May 07, 2010
Meh. I'm gonna shun the fb link. tongue

1. Okocha "Jay Jay"
2. Amokachi "The Bull"
3. Kanu "Papilo"

Mikel and Osaze are close runner-ups.
Re: Who Is Your Best Super Eagles Player Of All Time? by Iyineda(m): 11:26pm On May 07, 2010
^^^ Awww. Why, isnnit our good 'ol friend 12large. smiley
The title of the topic reads "Your best SE Player", in other words, who is your favourite Nigerian player. Hence, the answer is expected to be subjective (personal view), not objective (facts).

But it's ok. Nothing wrong having a peanut-sized brain. wink
Re: Who Is Your Best Super Eagles Player Of All Time? by 12large: 11:58pm On May 07, 2010
ohh sorry, my fault. but on a real note how can mikel be anyone top 5 best nigeria player. a player that is useless and have not scored in 150games
Re: Who Is Your Best Super Eagles Player Of All Time? by bgees(m): 11:45pm On May 17, 2010
George Finidi
Re: Who Is Your Best Super Eagles Player Of All Time? by Tattooboy: 12:02am On May 18, 2010
Jay Jay. What da hell is Mikel doin there? This is an insult to Sunday Oliseh, Yekini, Rufai etc. Utaka & Enyeama are more preferable.
Re: Who Is Your Best Super Eagles Player Of All Time? by Tattooboy: 12:03am On May 18, 2010
Jay Jay. What da hell is Mikel doin there? This is an insult to Sunday Oliseh, Yekini, Rufai, Amunike, Siasia etc. Utaka & Enyeama are more preferable. Poster infact u don MAD!
Re: Who Is Your Best Super Eagles Player Of All Time? by kabukabu(m): 3:32am On May 18, 2010
Lmao, at the Mikel Obi anwers, must be a teenager, Yekini has scored more goals than all of the above, so he is the best player of super Eagles history, period.
Re: Who Is Your Best Super Eagles Player Of All Time? by MrTA(m): 8:44am On May 18, 2010
George Finidi
Jay Jay Okocha
Nwankwo Kanu
Re: Who Is Your Best Super Eagles Player Of All Time? by jalether(m): 1:41pm On May 18, 2010
None other than Austin jay jay Okocha, he is so good they named him twice
Re: Who Is Your Best Super Eagles Player Of All Time? by richjohn1(m): 1:45pm On May 18, 2010
Rashidi Yekini any day but really have soft spot for George Finidi
Re: Who Is Your Best Super Eagles Player Of All Time? by dayokanu(m): 4:22pm On May 18, 2010
Finidi, Oliseh, Yekini, Siasia, Amokachie, Kanu, Taribo

Mikel cant make top 50
Re: Who Is Your Best Super Eagles Player Of All Time? by tkb417(m): 5:38pm On May 18, 2010
Jay Jay
Kanu
yekini
Finidi
Oliseh
Amuneke
Victor Ikpeba

in no particular order
Re: Who Is Your Best Super Eagles Player Of All Time? by Kgdavid(m): 9:57pm On May 18, 2010
i grew up hearing all those names above and its quite sad for me that i never got to watch any of those players with the exception of okocha and kanu. based on that im gonna say okocha is the finest nigerian player i have ever watched. closely followed by kanu
Re: Who Is Your Best Super Eagles Player Of All Time? by medjai(m): 11:08pm On May 18, 2010
Jay Jay Okocha, Yekini, Kanu, Aghahowa, Taribo and Ikpeba
Re: Who Is Your Best Super Eagles Player Of All Time? by Tattooboy: 12:42am On May 19, 2010
medjai:

u remember Pastor.
Re: Who Is Your Best Super Eagles Player Of All Time? by Tattooboy: 12:43am On May 19, 2010
medjai:

u remember Pastor.
Re: Who Is Your Best Super Eagles Player Of All Time? by Tcrack(m): 1:07pm On May 19, 2010
i pick Kanu. he has more achievements and better personality on and off the pitch.
Re: Who Is Your Best Super Eagles Player Of All Time? by 12large: 4:36am On May 20, 2010
kanu ko kunu ni. a player that is living of under 23 achievement 14 years ago just because he scored 2goals, to make it worse nigerians call him africa most decorated insult to weah and etoo. kanu have scored 13 goals for nigeria from 1994 to 2010 that is 1 goal per 1 year, kanu have scored 0 goal in nations cups and 4 assists, kanu is not not anything big in nigeria senior team he just goes to big clubs perform 2 world class games, stay useless for the rest of the season then when achievements comes out kanu names comes out while in real the guy just sit on bench.

trivia question of the day; how many games and goals did kanu scored for arsenal in season 2003/04

answer- kanu played 1game in the whole season of 2003/04 called the invisibles and he scored 1 goal. he did not even receive a medal for that season yet nigerians would say kanu have won 2 premier league medals
Re: Who Is Your Best Super Eagles Player Of All Time? by semid4lyfe(m): 7:04am On May 20, 2010
Kanu ko, Alloy Agu ni! The player who made the most impact in the Super Eagles is Rashidi Yekini so he's the Best and greatest Super Eagles player of all time. . .EOD!
Re: Who Is Your Best Super Eagles Player Of All Time? by mufasa(m): 9:54am On May 20, 2010
Edema Fuludu  grin grin grin

Thunder Balogun nko? undecided undecided Remember he broke his leg scoring for us in the 99-1 drubbing by India grin grin grin

Thunder Balogun Remember your Right Leggggggggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jokes aside in no particular order . Jay Jay, Finidi & Rashidi
Re: Who Is Your Best Super Eagles Player Of All Time? by otokx(m): 2:43pm On May 20, 2010
Rashidi Yekini
Re: Who Is Your Best Super Eagles Player Of All Time? by bouymoyo(m): 3:17pm On May 20, 2010
Definetely is no other person than the man with 9 lives the big ,the lanky, and the gangling. NWANKWO KANUUUUU,the nearest person to him his the currently decorated Nigeria best player by M T N Osaze Odewengie Peter.
Re: Who Is Your Best Super Eagles Player Of All Time? by folahann(m): 12:10pm On May 21, 2010
Jay Jay was the best but Kanu is the greatest. It's between them
Re: Who Is Your Best Super Eagles Player Of All Time? by femmy2010(m): 4:17pm On May 21, 2010
Funny though but i go for the then Dependable Rashidi Yekini
Re: Who Is Your Best Super Eagles Player Of All Time? by HNIC(m): 4:30pm On May 21, 2010
It has to be Daniel ' The Bull' Amokachi.
He was what a second striker should be in a 4-4-2 set up.
Strong, aggresive,pacy and, he had a never say die attitude.
Westerhof said he was one player that gave 110% on the football field.
Those are my kinda players.
Football can be likened to a war and Damn, Amo was a Warrior.
Wish we had players like that in the present set up lipsrsealed
Re: Who Is Your Best Super Eagles Player Of All Time? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 7:00pm On May 22, 2010
1: Thunderbolt shots from either feet and a business-like approach to scoring goals, RASHIDI YEKINI (If only Taye Taiwo could raise his game further)

2: Solid Central Mid-fielder, Amazing Captain of the SE, SUNDAY OLISEH (If only we had a better captain)
3: Unpredicatable pace, guile and immense skill EMMA AMUNEKE (If only Ike Uche was a few inches taller)
4: Master-dribbler and Magical Talisman- JAY-JAY OKOCHA (If only Mikel Obi could fill his shoes)
5: Dependable striker and solid presence - (If only Yakubu would start acting the part)
6: Classical Winger and Solid Passer - FINIDI GEORGE (If only Kanu would stop being DaTAmYned and retire already)
7: Solid Winger and dependable anytime -  TIJANI BABANGIDA (If only our wingers will stop acting like defensive-mid-fileders)  grin
Re: Who Is Your Best Super Eagles Player Of All Time? by Akolawole(m): 7:15pm On May 22, 2010
HNIC:

It has to be Daniel ' The Bull' Amokachi.
He was what a second striker should be in a 4-4-2 set up.

Second striker on paper? shocked

He is the only second striker in history that never for once laid the last pass for his striking patner. Not 1 single pass for Yekini to score. If ther's one please remind me.

I also remember him being the chairman of the ear-ring boys in super eagles and spokesperson of Mafia.
Re: Who Is Your Best Super Eagles Player Of All Time? by snakova(m): 7:39pm On May 22, 2010
Rashidi Yekini is an all-time best. I can't forget his goal against Ivory Coast 94 ANC.
Re: Who Is Your Best Super Eagles Player Of All Time? by Sauron1: 8:00pm On May 22, 2010
Best Super Eagles Player Of All Time?

Samson Siasia by a country mile.
He's the most clinical finisher Nigeria ever had.
Re: Who Is Your Best Super Eagles Player Of All Time? by Nobody: 11:55pm On May 22, 2010
If this is all about the best player of Nigerian desent since the National team was called Super Eagles then Austin Okocha is the undisputable best.

But if what we are considering are the best players of all times even during the days it was known as Green Eagles.

Then  I will say Okocha still the best but other contenders will include: Etim Esien, Sam Okwaraji, Segun Odegbami.

For those including Mikel in all time best, please show some respect to football. After this world cup is he is able to hold his own we will now start including him in top 50.

Mikel no reach at all!!!!!!!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria's Super Agent, Akachukwu Prosper Shakes Europe With Super Deals / Sport Bicycle Shops In Nigeria / Manchester United 3 Vs 0 Stoke City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.