Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,774 members, 7,802,379 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:17 PM

Life Is More Meaningless With God - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Life Is More Meaningless With God (11476 Views)

Is Fasting Without Prayer A Meaningless Exercise? / Nigeria Female Traditionalist: My Greatest Regret In Life Is Going To Church / Life Is Meaningless I Need An Exit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Life Is More Meaningless With God by Butterflyleo: 9:36am On Apr 08, 2018
superhumanist:

No. It is called overfeeding.

Or better yet.."pigging out"

Well I do eat a lot of pork but the healthy parts. I take life easy so the stress of my biz does not get to me. Plus my customer base is big enough for me and growing so no need to lack.

One pig sold is almost equivalent to the salary I pay one of my staff so no need to stress
Re: Life Is More Meaningless With God by Butterflyleo: 9:39am On Apr 08, 2018
frank317:

isnt it deeper than u think... perhaps u are so shallow to understand how foolish and insane ur mum is as a christian. Of course u will not care since u know that what she actually is... can i confirm that u are okay with ur mum being foolish and stupid as a christian?

What an atheistically failed and dry attempt at rescuing his damaged home affairs with his christian wife grin

Re: Life Is More Meaningless With God by frank317: 9:47am On Apr 08, 2018
Butterflyleo:

What an atheistically failed and dry attempt at rescuing his damaged home affairs with his christian wife grin

aww isnt that sad? see him wishing my marriage has failed?... u cant bare the fact that i am happy can u?.... no go strangle urself ooo

meanwhile...

can i confirm that u are okay with ur mum being foolish and stupid as a christian? its time u start forming the habit of answering questions
Re: Life Is More Meaningless With God by Butterflyleo: 9:50am On Apr 08, 2018
frank317:

aww isnt that sad? see him wishing my marriage has failed?... u cant bare the fact that i am happy can u?.... no go strangle urself ooo

meanwhile...

can i confirm that u are okay with ur mum being foolish and stupid as a christian? its time u start forming the habit of answering questions

You are obviously okay with your wife being foolish and stupid as a christian since you are married to her yet declare that Christians are foolish and stupid and insane for serving an imaginary Yahweh grin

Its time you started embracing your destiny. You live with a woman you call foolish, stupid and insane. cheesy

Your words not mine
Re: Life Is More Meaningless With God by superhumanist(m): 10:07am On Apr 08, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

did he upload his picture? I can't see it but even if he did, there's no proof he's the one there. Scammers are never to be trusted

grin

I'm just giving him the benefit of a doubt
Re: Life Is More Meaningless With God by superhumanist(m): 10:08am On Apr 08, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Well I do eat a lot of pork but the healthy parts. I take life easy so the stress of my biz does not get to me. Plus my customer base is big enough for me and growing so no need to lack.

One pig sold is almost equivalent to the salary I pay one of my staff so no need to stress

Okay. Let me do business with you. I have land. How profitable is pig farming?
Re: Life Is More Meaningless With God by frank317: 10:16am On Apr 08, 2018
Butterflyleo:

You are obviously okay with your wife being foolish and stupid as a christian since you are married to her yet declare that Christians are foolish and stupid and insane for serving an imaginary Yahweh grin

Its time you started embracing your destiny. You live with a woman you call foolish, stupid and insane. cheesy

Your words not mine

easy bro... dont get aggressive. we are only trying to understand why u dont care that ur mum is foolish and insane... since we already know she is

so can i confirm that u dont care that ur mum is foolish and insane?
Re: Life Is More Meaningless With God by Dalam0n: 10:30am On Apr 08, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

did he upload his picture? I can't see it but even if he did, there's no proof he's the one there. Scammers are never to be trusted

Shebi 4everGod aka naijadeyhia impersonated and posted a picture of an Indian man claiming it was him until 1sharon exposed him. grin grin.

These guys are dangerous .
Re: Life Is More Meaningless With God by plaetton: 10:39am On Apr 08, 2018
FOLYKAZE:
Christians are the most confused folks on earth. I wonder sometimes if they read their bible or if they read it without putting their thinking cap on.

Ecclesiastes 1:1-14 New International Version (NIV)

Everything Is Meaningless
1 The words of the Teacher,[a] son of David, king in Jerusalem:

2 “Meaningless! Meaningless!”
says the Teacher.
“Utterly meaningless!
Everything is meaningless.”
3 What do people gain from all their labors
at which they toil under the sun?
4 Generations come and generations go,
but the earth remains forever.
5 The sun rises and the sun sets,
and hurries back to where it rises.
6 The wind blows to the south
and turns to the north;
round and round it goes,
ever returning on its course.
7 All streams flow into the sea,
yet the sea is never full.
To the place the streams come from,
there they return again.
8 All things are wearisome,
more than one can say.
The eye never has enough of seeing,
nor the ear its fill of hearing.
9 What has been will be again,
what has been done will be done again;
there is nothing new under the sun.
10 Is there anything of which one can say,
“Look! This is something new”?
It was here already, long ago;
it was here before our time.
11 No one remembers the former generations,
and even those yet to come
will not be remembered
by those who follow them.
12 I, the Teacher, was king over Israel in Jerusalem.
13 I applied my mind to study and to explore by wisdom
all that is done under the heavens. What a heavy
burden God has laid on mankind!

14 I observed everything going on under the sun, and
really, it is all meaningless--like chasing the wind.

David is a great philosopher. Even if I am not a Christian, I still read some of his thoughts in Ecclesiastes and Proverb. The philosophy are rich and full of wisdom. The particular quoted verse ends the whole bullshiit any Christian will say. Life, with of without God is meaningless except for how one define it. Bible says, it is vanity upon vanity.
Correction my comrade.

David didn't write proverbs or any book for that matter.

Remember, according to the Bible, David was a poor Sheperd boy. This would mean that he would have had no formal education of any sort, and therefore would have been incapable of reading and writing, let alone perfect prose.

In those days , they had well trained scribes who were responsible for keeping written records of events for posterity.

Since the scribes were appointed and worked at the pleasure of the ruler, it is not surprising that the scribes tended to make up, embellish and exaggerate the lives and achievements of their employer kings.

Secondly, a large part, if not the entire book of proverbs are verbatim from the works of an Egyptian scribe named Ptah-Hotep, as recorded in the Egyptian Book Of The Dead many thousands of years before the supposed reigns of David and Solomon.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Life Is More Meaningless With God by plaetton: 10:41am On Apr 08, 2018
FOLYKAZE:
Christians are the most confused folks on earth. I wonder sometimes if they read their bible or if they read it without putting their thinking cap on.

Ecclesiastes 1:1-14 New International Version (NIV)

Everything Is Meaningless
1 The words of the Teacher,[a] son of David, king in Jerusalem:

2 “Meaningless! Meaningless!”
says the Teacher.
“Utterly meaningless!
Everything is meaningless.”
3 What do people gain from all their labors
at which they toil under the sun?
4 Generations come and generations go,
but the earth remains forever.
5 The sun rises and the sun sets,
and hurries back to where it rises.
6 The wind blows to the south
and turns to the north;
round and round it goes,
ever returning on its course.
7 All streams flow into the sea,
yet the sea is never full.
To the place the streams come from,
there they return again.
8 All things are wearisome,
more than one can say.
The eye never has enough of seeing,
nor the ear its fill of hearing.
9 What has been will be again,
what has been done will be done again;
there is nothing new under the sun.
10 Is there anything of which one can say,
“Look! This is something new”?
It was here already, long ago;
it was here before our time.
11 No one remembers the former generations,
and even those yet to come
will not be remembered
by those who follow them.
12 I, the Teacher, was king over Israel in Jerusalem.
13 I applied my mind to study and to explore by wisdom
all that is done under the heavens. What a heavy
burden God has laid on mankind!

14 I observed everything going on under the sun, and
really, it is all meaningless--like chasing the wind.

David is a great philosopher. Even if I am not a Christian, I still read some of his thoughts in Ecclesiastes and Proverb. The philosophy are rich and full of wisdom. The particular quoted verse ends the whole bullshiit any Christian will say. Life, with of without God is meaningless except for how one define it. Bible says, it is vanity upon vanity.
Correction my comrade.

David didn't write proverbs or any book for that matter.

Remember, according to the Bible, David was a poor Sheperd boy. This would mean that he would have had no formal education of any sort, and therefore would have been incapable of reading and writing, let alone perfect prose.

In those days , they had well trained scribes who were responsible for keeping written records of events for posterity.

Since the scribes were appointed and worked at the pleasure of the ruler, it is not surprising that the scribes tended to make up, embellish and exaggerate the lives and achievements of their employer kings.

Secondly, a large part, if not the entire book of proverbs are verbatim from the works of an Egyptian scribe named Ptah-Hotep, as recorded in the Egyptian Book Of The Dead many thousands of years before the supposed reigns of David and Solomon.

Many works in the Bible were outrighly plagiarised from Ancient Egyptian, Babylonian and Assyrian sources.

1 Like

Re: Life Is More Meaningless With God by Butterflyleo: 10:50am On Apr 08, 2018
superhumanist:

Okay. Let me do business with you. I have land. How profitable is pig farming?

Very profitable if done right. You need to consider proximity to a ready market .

Also be ready to my wait almost 8 months for maturity before they begin to litter.

But when they begin to litter its between 8 to 12 piglets per sow.

So imagine starting with 10 piglets and 1 boar . in a year you could have 80 piglets running around and when you sell each for 30k to 40k depending on weight, that is a cool 3.2m a year. Now increase that number based in how you want to start.

Here is a picture of one of my sows with her piglets
Re: Life Is More Meaningless With God by Butterflyleo: 10:51am On Apr 08, 2018
Re: Life Is More Meaningless With God by superhumanist(m): 11:08am On Apr 08, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Very profitable if done right. You need to consider proximity to a ready market .

Also be ready to my wait almost 8 months for maturity before they begin to litter.

So imagine starting with 10 piglets and 1 boar . in a year you could have 80 piglets running around and when you sell each for 30k to 40k depending on weight, that is a cool 3.2m a year. Now increase that number based in how you want to start.

I can't help but notice the barn's structure. Is your farm locat d in Nigeria? That stone wall is normally used abroad
Re: Life Is More Meaningless With God by Butterflyleo: 11:29am On Apr 08, 2018
superhumanist:

I can't help but notice the barn's structure. Is your farm locat d in Nigeria? That stone wall is normally used abroad

Located in odogbolu.

You mean like this?
Re: Life Is More Meaningless With God by TOSIN116: 12:21am On Apr 09, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

You think your imaginary friend is less stupid than that?Last I checked the BuyBull its written that all sins shall be washed away no matter how bad so long you ask for forgiveness

If you think that's stupidity then......
he know you plead for forgiveness is not genuine. it because you don't want to go to hell not because you love him
Re: Life Is More Meaningless With God by hopefulLandlord: 2:16am On Apr 09, 2018
TOSIN116:
he know you plead for forgiveness is not genuine. it because you don't want to go to hell not because you love him

No one referred to whether its genuine or not, that's an ad hoc you brought
Re: Life Is More Meaningless With God by emmvos: 6:12pm On Apr 13, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Re: Life Is More Meaningless With God by Pickieox(m): 3:30am On Apr 06, 2021
superhumanist:
Many christians claim that they have purposeful lives unlike atheists who have to admit that life has no meaning. This is very false as it is in fact true that life is more meaningless with God

There are 4 ways to make this argument;

1) God himself is meaningless
Which christian God gives your life meaning? Is it the Jehovah's witness's God that hates blood transfusions and organ donations? Is it the anglican church's (Church of England) God that now allows gay marriage? Is it the Seraphim and Cherubim God that loves people being barefoot? Is it the Catholic Church's God that has now stopped sending people to purgatory or forgives sins through reverend fathers' penance?Is it the pentecostal God that needs your tithes every month?

Nobody has heard from God since the time of Jesus. No one truly knows what God is. Is God a spirit or an alien? So how do you even know what his purpose is for you?

2) God works in mysterious ways we do not understand and his purpose doesn't not rhyme with human purpose
Why should your purpose not be like Judas's own? God in the form of Jesus had already predestined Judas to be a backstabber. Why should you purpose be a sensible or noble one?

Why should your purpose not be like Pharoah's own? To enslave a people and perish due to your hardened hearts desire?
Why should your purpose not be like Job's own? To suffer and loose everything before you prosper?
Why should your purpose not be like Samson's own? To be betrayed by your bae and then kill yourself and others in revenge?

Why should God give you a sensible purpose?

3) Heaven itself has no purpose and it makes life earth meaningless
First, if you have an afterlife that is eternal bliss, what then is the purpose of living on earth? Life on earth becomes a meaningless vessel. A temporary life until the real one starts in heaven. The best one can actually hope for is to die young so as to get to heaven quicker. Why waste time on earth where the body withers and suffers? What really is the need for a long and fulfilling life on earth when eternal glory awaits in heaven. But then......

When you now reach heaven, what would you do for the rest of eternity? If you havent forgotten, it is time that gives our lives meaning. When your time is limited, you make the best use of it. If you have forever to do something, why rush? You can wait 200,000 years before you learn a new language. No rush. Vampire movies explain this problem very well- the vampires become bored and go for long hibernation after spending 100's of years learning everything.

4) Time destroys all purpose
The way God was worshipped during Jesus's time was different. Slavery was accepted (remember that Onesimus was a slave which apostle paul returned to his master), women were advised to keep silent in church. Things have changed. Whatever purpose you achieve on earth would either be forgotten or distorted in a 1000 years. No single message from a 1000 years ago has remained untampered and clear. The bible itself has been remixed so many times and so many versions have been made. To quote Ser Davos from game of thrones "nothing bleeps you harder than time"

Re: Life Is More Meaningless With God by Kobojunkie: 3:37am On Apr 06, 2021
obisco4u:
Very meaningless indeed.

How can a man just die on the cross and it automatically translates to the world being saved? Did his death suddenly make everyone automatically qualified for heaven or a better life? If it did not, which is obvious, then it was a suicide mission.
At least read the darn book, so can maybe pretend to ask more intelligent questions than this hogwash you spew here. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Worst Bible Translation? / Churches Turned Into Mosques / Phone Ringing During Church Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.