Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,337 members, 7,808,192 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:24 AM

Hadiza Abubakar Rehabilitates Mentally Ill Woman Impregnated By Unknown Man - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hadiza Abubakar Rehabilitates Mentally Ill Woman Impregnated By Unknown Man (13859 Views)

Female Soldier Raped & Impregnated By Bandits Dismissed By Army. She Appeals / Throwback Photo Of El-Rufai And His Wife, Hadiza / Ebelechukwu Obiano Rehabilitates Ernest Asuzu (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hadiza Abubakar Rehabilitates Mentally Ill Woman Impregnated By Unknown Man by anowrite: 12:40pm On Apr 04, 2018
Wife of Sokoto state governor has taken to her fb page to commend the work of the Bauchi state governor, Hadiza Abubakar, after she rehabilitated a mentally ill woman, Boka, a native of Shiira LGA ,bBauchi state, who was impregnated by an unknown man and was stigmatized after giving birth.

She wrote:
"A few months ago , Some friends and acquaintances tagged me on a post by a freelance journalist, Haruna Muhammad Salisu, who wrote about a woman suffering from mental illness popularly called Boka. I immediately contacted the wife of the Bauchi state Governor, H.E Hadiza Abubakar for her intervention in the plight of the lady.
Her Excellency was swift and the needful was done. She responded on her very first step to saving Boka thus :
"Glad to inform you that Boka has been successfully reunited with her family in the village of Sambuwal Shira. Her brother has given her a room in his house while govt will take care of her living expenses. I will figure out how to rehabilitate her on a more permanent basis by the time she regains her physical and emotional balance. Thanks for bringing her case to my attention."
Haruna Mohammed described the situation of Boka in the following words:
Boka is a mad woman that gave birth on the street. Her real name is Lami from Shira LGA of Bauchi State. I saw her lying by the road side with her little baby on my way to Shira town to meet with parents of out of school children on a USAID funded project I supervise. I asked the driver to stop. I quickly got down and approached the woman. At first I was sceptical – understandably not to be trapped by a wild woman, since I do not know the trajectory of her insanity. I enquired from some passersby. I learnt she is simple.
I was encouraged by Suleiman Adamu from Shira to go ahead and talk to her. I did. In spite of her state of affairs, Boka could coherently articulate her points and would tell you all that befalls her. She told me that she was impregnated by a man from Adamami, a village not far away from Shira town. Boka’s condition and her innocent child left me bewildered for many reasons.
One; her pregnancy is not Mary’s type (Maryam AS)—Jesus’ mother. She was impregnated by one of society’s condemnable fellows who betrays human conscience. The doer is one of the most horrific creatures that walk on this earth. Most wicked, wild and nasty.
Two; the whole community where the filthy fellow committed his dastardly act could not do anything to apprehend him and bring him to book despite their knowledge of him. He’s freely conducting his businesses at the mercy and reckless tolerance of the community.

Three; the community watches as the woman roams about with her innocent Zainab amidst winter, sleeping outside, sometimes by the road side without any form of shelter and cloth for the little baby. This banality of social isolationism is the most dangerous and delusionary form of intolerance I have ever seen.
Four; no one is disturbed by the innocence of the little baby, let alone offer refuge of any kind—if not for the mother.
Five; the baby is exposed to several dangers: she eats and drinks from the scraps and remains of her mother’s collection from the dustbin— since that is where the mother collects her food.
Six; the innocent baby was vaccinated only once, as testified by the mother. Impliedly, she is vulnerable to all kinds of sicknesses and diseases since her mother is unaware of any form of vaccination let alone think of getting one for her baby.
Seven; I was more puzzled by the lack of sympathy and empathy exhibited by the host communities—shira-Azare axis who watch Boka wander around with her Zainab in tatters. It speaks volumes about our collective self-deception and failure. It is more unfortunate that this woman roams around within the glare of Shira local government officials as my investigations reveal. They were not moved by an inch to rehabilitate Boka and her little Zainab. What a society!
I am making a special case for her shortly. I hopethis write-up accelerates the process. People of conscience should rescue Boka and her Zainab. Come to her aid! Please come to her aid quickly! History will not forgive us if we turn away and ignore plights of Boka and her little Zainab.
The dominant Islamic enclave, Islamic organizations, traditional institutions and other custodians of the society's values should step up with more campaigns and awareness that could clearly denounce such inhumane exploitation of lunatics, not just Boka. Lastly, Boka deserves justice.
Human right NGOs and legal practitioners should pick up the challenge to initiate legal tussle that would eventually “reward” the culprit accordingly!
After some months of rehabilitation, I was pleased when Her Excellency , Dr. Hadiza Abubakar yesterday informed me on Boka’s progress so far and sent pictures of a stable woman as of today ! Alhamdulillah"

https://www.gistrealm.com/bauchi-first-lady-rehabilitate-mentally-ill-woman-who-was-impregmated-by-unknown-manphoto/

Re: Hadiza Abubakar Rehabilitates Mentally Ill Woman Impregnated By Unknown Man by marsh4332(m): 2:15pm On Apr 04, 2018
May Allah Bless Her kind Gesture...

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hadiza Abubakar Rehabilitates Mentally Ill Woman Impregnated By Unknown Man by Expsbterror(m): 2:16pm On Apr 04, 2018
One down millions to go. Way to go

1 Like

Re: Hadiza Abubakar Rehabilitates Mentally Ill Woman Impregnated By Unknown Man by NwaAmaikpe: 2:16pm On Apr 04, 2018
shocked

Nice one from the first lady..

But they should have given the mad woman a blouse to cover up her brezz.
It's too early,
I don't want to get turned on.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hadiza Abubakar Rehabilitates Mentally Ill Woman Impregnated By Unknown Man by mayowascholar(m): 2:16pm On Apr 04, 2018
good
Re: Hadiza Abubakar Rehabilitates Mentally Ill Woman Impregnated By Unknown Man by Primusinterpares(m): 2:17pm On Apr 04, 2018
God have mercy

Things are really happening...

sometimes poverty can be equated to madness
Re: Hadiza Abubakar Rehabilitates Mentally Ill Woman Impregnated By Unknown Man by crackhouse(m): 2:17pm On Apr 04, 2018
Ok
Re: Hadiza Abubakar Rehabilitates Mentally Ill Woman Impregnated By Unknown Man by Olawalesadiq(m): 2:18pm On Apr 04, 2018
What nice woman
Re: Hadiza Abubakar Rehabilitates Mentally Ill Woman Impregnated By Unknown Man by friendlyenemy: 2:18pm On Apr 04, 2018
Come along and click the signature if you wanna get first class free tutorials and tools that matches all kind of hustle..... If you know you know.
Re: Hadiza Abubakar Rehabilitates Mentally Ill Woman Impregnated By Unknown Man by Vulcanheph(m): 2:19pm On Apr 04, 2018
Na wah o...Which kind konji go make person Impregnate mad woman?
Re: Hadiza Abubakar Rehabilitates Mentally Ill Woman Impregnated By Unknown Man by calobinna(m): 2:24pm On Apr 04, 2018
That's nice... If only the government could make out time to clear them off from the street and create rehabilitation homes for them
That's love from that woman as I love my herb so dearly
Puffs to the sky...
cool
Re: Hadiza Abubakar Rehabilitates Mentally Ill Woman Impregnated By Unknown Man by kalemy(m): 2:26pm On Apr 04, 2018
see environment, these northern people na wa o.

1 Like

Re: Hadiza Abubakar Rehabilitates Mentally Ill Woman Impregnated By Unknown Man by victorvezx(m): 2:27pm On Apr 04, 2018
Dat brezz Na die
Re: Hadiza Abubakar Rehabilitates Mentally Ill Woman Impregnated By Unknown Man by Ladipodeal: 2:28pm On Apr 04, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
:

It's too early,

Lol

You sure you never join the woman for the craze ?

5 Likes

Re: Hadiza Abubakar Rehabilitates Mentally Ill Woman Impregnated By Unknown Man by DrToche: 2:30pm On Apr 04, 2018
what a pity
Re: Hadiza Abubakar Rehabilitates Mentally Ill Woman Impregnated By Unknown Man by kyutepanda(f): 2:31pm On Apr 04, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

It's too early,
Ya crazing lol

1 Like

Re: Hadiza Abubakar Rehabilitates Mentally Ill Woman Impregnated By Unknown Man by Blonchilli(m): 2:32pm On Apr 04, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

It's too early,
Are you normal?
The way you're running away from common sense

2 Likes

Re: Hadiza Abubakar Rehabilitates Mentally Ill Woman Impregnated By Unknown Man by kyutepanda(f): 2:32pm On Apr 04, 2018
Ladipodeal:

Lol

You sure you never join the woman for the craze ?
epp me and re ask him

1 Like

Re: Hadiza Abubakar Rehabilitates Mentally Ill Woman Impregnated By Unknown Man by Mayflowa(m): 2:39pm On Apr 04, 2018
This is one of many cases of insanity that happen to gain traction. I don't even know whether to commend the governor's wife. This is no way to run a state or a country. Systems are built to take care of governance not to single out a case and be praised for it. There should be policy implementation for social welfare and home.

I do not know why the writer is heaping blame on the community. Who has the resources to help the other? Create systems that can handle cases like this. We should learn how to judge others.

1 Like

Re: Hadiza Abubakar Rehabilitates Mentally Ill Woman Impregnated By Unknown Man by labake1(f): 2:47pm On Apr 04, 2018
I wonder how men who slept with mad women do it? (Rape) undecided
Seems someone said that the world will end 9th April, It should.

1 Like

Re: Hadiza Abubakar Rehabilitates Mentally Ill Woman Impregnated By Unknown Man by OkpaAkuEriEri(m): 2:53pm On Apr 04, 2018
labake1:
I wonder how men who slept with mad women do it? (Rape) undecided
Seems someone said that the world will end 9th April, It should.
Anty it is not hard
Just to close ur eyes n imagine dey r Tiwa savage wen doing it
Re: Hadiza Abubakar Rehabilitates Mentally Ill Woman Impregnated By Unknown Man by Reelmii: 3:25pm On Apr 04, 2018
the baby has a fair face, his father must be fair. kudos to the first lady
Re: Hadiza Abubakar Rehabilitates Mentally Ill Woman Impregnated By Unknown Man by Reelmii: 3:28pm On Apr 04, 2018
OkpaAkuEriEri:
Anty it is not hard Just to close ur eyes n imagine dey r Tiwa savage wen doing it
experience talking
Re: Hadiza Abubakar Rehabilitates Mentally Ill Woman Impregnated By Unknown Man by LadySarah: 5:04pm On Apr 04, 2018
God bless you ma.

Look at Gods beautiful miracle,surviving despite the dirty food and water she takes.
look at that angelic smile on the baby.
Thank you ma for bringing hope to them.

Btw,may heaven punish that pregnanter.
Re: Hadiza Abubakar Rehabilitates Mentally Ill Woman Impregnated By Unknown Man by MissRaine69(f): 6:18pm On Apr 04, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

It's too early,
Do you need medication too?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hadiza Abubakar Rehabilitates Mentally Ill Woman Impregnated By Unknown Man by Buffalowings3(m): 7:34pm On Apr 04, 2018
They should come and rehabilitate their kin lining our streets down south cool

(1) (Reply)

$130m Fraud: Court Remands Saipem MD, Peviana, Chinakwe In Port Harcourt Prisons / Sowore Declares To Run For Nigerian President In 2023 / President Buhari Departs South Korea, Arrives In Abuja (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.