Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,052 members, 7,807,161 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:31 AM

Nwamaka Maduchukwu Dies In Nkechi Ikpeazu's Convoy Accident - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nwamaka Maduchukwu Dies In Nkechi Ikpeazu's Convoy Accident (32168 Views)

Governor Obaseki’s Convoy Accident: 7 Dead On His Way To AAU Convocation / Solomon Dalung Visits Survivors In Hospital After Convoy Accident. Photos / Nkechi Ikpeazu's Convoy Had A Fatal Accident, 2 Confirmed Dead, Others Injured (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nwamaka Maduchukwu Dies In Nkechi Ikpeazu's Convoy Accident by dacherish(m): 2:44pm On Apr 04, 2018
A SELF DECEIVING COUNTRY CALLED NIGERIA

Twenty-one senators currently receiving pensions from government as ex-governors and deputy governors.

The current senators who once served as governors are Bukola Saraki of Kwara, Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso of Kano, Kabiru Gaya of Kano, Godswill Akpabio of Akwa Ibom, Theodore Orji of Abia, Abdullahi Adamu of Nasarawa, Sam Egwu of Ebonyi, Shaaba Lafiagi of Kwara, Joshua Dariye of Plateau Jonah Jang of Plateau, Aliyu Magatakarda Wamakko of Sokoto, Ahmed Sani Yarima of Zamfara, Danjuma Goje of Gombe, Bukar Abba Ibrahim of Yobe, Adamu Aliero of Kebbi, George Akume of Benue.

The former deputy governors in the Senate are Ms Biodun Olujimi of Ekiti and Enyinaya Harcourt Abaribe of Abia. Danladi Abubakar Sani served as the acting governor of Taraba state.
Many former governors are also in Buhari's Cabinet as Ministers. This includes: Ngige, Fayemi, Amaechi and Fashola (SAN).).

In Akwa Ibom State, the law provides that ex governors and deputy governors receive pension equivalent to the salaries of the incumbent. The package also includes a new official car and a utility vehicle every four years; one personal aide; a cook, chauffeurs and security guards for the governor at a sum not exceeding N5 million per month and N2.5 million for his deputy governor.

In Rivers, the law provides 100 percent of annual basic salaries for the ex-governor and deputy, one residential house for the former governor “anywhere of his choice in Nigeria”; one residential house anywhere in Rivers for the deputy, three cars for the ex-governor every four years and two cars for the deputy every four years.

It is alledged that in Lagos, a former governor will get two houses, one in Lagos and another in Abuja, estimated at N500 million in Lagos and N700 million in Abuja. He also receives six new cars to be replaced every three years; a furniture allowance of 300 percent of annual salary to be paid every two years, and a N30 million pension annually for life.

This is the reality for all the 21 ex govenors and deputy governors who are currently serving as senators. This same is also true of ex governors who are now serving as Ministers.

NOW I ASK:

How many years did these guys serve their states as governors and deputy governors? Is it more than 8years? Is that a reason to be entitled to pensions for life? Even if they are entitled to pension for life, must it be so outrageous?

As if that is not enough: HOW on earth can any public servant with conscience collect salaries and allowances as a senator or minister, and still have the audacity to claim pensions equivalent to the salaries of a serving governor in Nigeria?

IT ISN'T ROCKET SCIENCE......

Once you are elected a senator or appointed a minister, you must forfeit any pension accruing to you from government at any level until you vacate office. This should also apply to senators collecting military pensions like former Senate President David Mark.

Yet these senators are in the Senate that is inviting the current finance minister to discuss the recession of Nigeria's economy. A senator pockets approximately 30 million naira monthly as salary and allowances. Our "honourables" are not interested to make laws that could restructure our country into economically autonomous federating States/Regions to save the country from sectional agitations that is threatening to destroy Nigeria. The sad and hopeless situation is that the rest of Nigerians are busy arguing based on party, ethnic and affiliations while these enemies of state continue to rape us.

Do you know that it costs tax payers 290m Naira yearly to maintain each member of our National Assembly in a country where nothing works & 80% of population earn below 300 Naira a day ? A working day earning of a senator is more than a yearly income of a doctor; it's more than the salary of 42 Army generals or 48 professors or 70 commissioners of police or more than twice the pay of the US President or 9 times the salary of US congressmen.

It's high time the country had a referendum on those outrageous salaries of Senators, House of Representative members and other political office holders.

*If you are seriously against the looting of our commonwealth in Nigeria, in the name of democracy, you can let this piece go viral by sharing it with as many of your contacts and groups too!* DM me to join other meaningfull youth for the revolution Of Nigeria polictians must stop the mess they spill at the masses

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nwamaka Maduchukwu Dies In Nkechi Ikpeazu's Convoy Accident by undefeateds: 2:45pm On Apr 04, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

A part of me wants to say it serves her right, but I won't till I say what is on mind.

She won't have died if she always told her madam to beg her governor husband to fix the many bad roads in Abia state.

With that said,
She died for what she believed in; ass-licking corrupt government officials.

I hope other BCA officials who praise that non-functional governor will learn from this.
somebody died and that is all u have to say,listen to urself,does it even sound nice in ur ear,that is how u are analyzing d pussy of an old woman on this same nairaland yesterday, Oga go get life o
Re: Nwamaka Maduchukwu Dies In Nkechi Ikpeazu's Convoy Accident by SapphirePRINCEX(f): 2:50pm On Apr 04, 2018
cyberdurable:

Really? You too have lost human empathy, so you mean to tell me you will do better if you are in that woman's position? Or you can never take up that job? Nigerians and hypocrisy
Don't turn tables... There was actually a point he made which is the bad road condition in Abia State.

If you haven't been to Abia, please don't argue wiith me by claiming you have... He didn't sympathize, yea cuz truth is always bitter. They wouldn't have been an Rip in the first place if there were good roads.

1 Like

Re: Nwamaka Maduchukwu Dies In Nkechi Ikpeazu's Convoy Accident by cyberdurable(m): 2:52pm On Apr 04, 2018
SapphirePRINCEX:
Don't turn tables... There was actually a point he made which is the bad road condition I Abia State.

If you haven't been to Abia, please don't argue with me by claiming you have... Besides he sympathized with the dead woman

I am in Abia.. I know the conditions of the roads, but what has this woman's death has to do with abia road?
Re: Nwamaka Maduchukwu Dies In Nkechi Ikpeazu's Convoy Accident by SapphirePRINCEX(f): 2:53pm On Apr 04, 2018
cyberdurable:

I am in Abia.. I know the conditions of the roads, but what has this woman's death has to do with abia road?
Bad road led to the accident that killed her undecided

1 Like

Re: Nwamaka Maduchukwu Dies In Nkechi Ikpeazu's Convoy Accident by seguno2: 2:55pm On Apr 04, 2018
Toide:
always on top speed all this convoy were are they running to I don't know,
rip

They are running away from the stupid workers and pensioners who are owed several months and years but have not ransacked the state house.
Re: Nwamaka Maduchukwu Dies In Nkechi Ikpeazu's Convoy Accident by webincomeplus(m): 3:00pm On Apr 04, 2018
Cromcruach91:

It is called politics, and if you try to reduce the waste by appointing too few but manageable workers/appointees, you might find yourself out of a job before the next election.

And yes, it is not right. But if we were to try to pass a law to end political appointments, who do you think it would go through....yes the same come and eat politicans.
Hmmm. Thought-filled words you put up there.
Re: Nwamaka Maduchukwu Dies In Nkechi Ikpeazu's Convoy Accident by Shroud: 3:02pm On Apr 04, 2018
Until government convoys learn not to drive like thugs and criminals....RIP to the deceased.
Re: Nwamaka Maduchukwu Dies In Nkechi Ikpeazu's Convoy Accident by Reelmii: 3:13pm On Apr 04, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

A part of me wants to say it serves her right, but I won't till I say what is on mind.

She won't have died if she always told her madam to beg her governor husband to fix the many bad roads in Abia state.

With that said,

I hope other BCA officials who praise that non-functional governor will learn from this.
how did u know she neva told her boss, well, no be u again.....
Re: Nwamaka Maduchukwu Dies In Nkechi Ikpeazu's Convoy Accident by Chukazu: 3:15pm On Apr 04, 2018
A wicked man runs when no one is pursuing him.

It's their wickedness that is chasing them to their death.

An average Nigerian politician can never walk freely on the street , because they know their hands aren't clean, so they keep running with convoy to avoid Nemesis

If not what does a useless and shameles unelected, unconstitutional ,illegal first Lady doing with Entourage
Re: Nwamaka Maduchukwu Dies In Nkechi Ikpeazu's Convoy Accident by Reelmii: 3:16pm On Apr 04, 2018
webincomeplus:
Senior special assistant on media to the governor's wife? The amount of money being wasted on useless, nepotism-inspired, questionable offices in this country is beyond calculations.
money meant for the masses, they will convert it to salary for one person
Re: Nwamaka Maduchukwu Dies In Nkechi Ikpeazu's Convoy Accident by Gucchii(f): 4:13pm On Apr 04, 2018
RIP TO THE DECEASED.MAY GOD COMFORT THEIR FAMILIES 8 cry cry cry
Re: Nwamaka Maduchukwu Dies In Nkechi Ikpeazu's Convoy Accident by ufuosman(m): 4:13pm On Apr 04, 2018
RIP
Re: Nwamaka Maduchukwu Dies In Nkechi Ikpeazu's Convoy Accident by donbenie(m): 4:46pm On Apr 04, 2018
Over speeding,the way any vehicle with a siren runs on our roads,you will think they kept their lives in a safe somewhere..RIP to the dead..
Re: Nwamaka Maduchukwu Dies In Nkechi Ikpeazu's Convoy Accident by Nobody: 4:59pm On Apr 04, 2018
Hahahahahaha
Re: Nwamaka Maduchukwu Dies In Nkechi Ikpeazu's Convoy Accident by Prettyyemi(f): 5:19pm On Apr 04, 2018
Rip...
All these death issues have to stop ooo
Re: Nwamaka Maduchukwu Dies In Nkechi Ikpeazu's Convoy Accident by dobrorhie: 5:25pm On Apr 04, 2018
"Mrs Nwamaka Maduchukwu, a media aide to the governor's wife and Mrs Promise Uche-Nwamkpa, senior special assistant on media to Mrs. Nkechi Ikpeazu was among the two women who died on Tuesday in an auto crash involving the motorcade of the wife of Abia Governor"

Come o, a governors wife has all these aides?? Nigeria is really in serious trouble.

May their soul rest in peace...
Re: Nwamaka Maduchukwu Dies In Nkechi Ikpeazu's Convoy Accident by gentlezypher: 5:37pm On Apr 04, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

A part of me wants to say it serves her right, but I won't till I say what is on my mind.

With that said,

the said road is not bad oga, though i am not supporting the governor,
The accident happened due to high speed while negotiating a bend along ndiolumbe road, new umuahia road
Re: Nwamaka Maduchukwu Dies In Nkechi Ikpeazu's Convoy Accident by gentlezypher: 5:42pm On Apr 04, 2018
SapphirePRINCEX:
Bad road led to the accident that killed her undecided
the said road isnt bad at all,that road leads to governor's village,linked the wife village too, the road from umuobiakwa to Isicourt is good, over speeding caused the accident

1 Like

Re: Nwamaka Maduchukwu Dies In Nkechi Ikpeazu's Convoy Accident by mechanics(m): 6:39pm On Apr 04, 2018
Over speeding, don't even know where they were rushing to.
Re: Nwamaka Maduchukwu Dies In Nkechi Ikpeazu's Convoy Accident by Okoroawusa: 8:31pm On Apr 04, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

A part of me wants to say it serves her right, but I won't till I say what is on my mind.

With that said,

How do u know it was bad road?

I think it was speed
Re: Nwamaka Maduchukwu Dies In Nkechi Ikpeazu's Convoy Accident by Sctests: 8:39pm On Apr 04, 2018
There will continue to be cries of woes in the houses of those who pledge allegiance to the evil contraption.
Re: Nwamaka Maduchukwu Dies In Nkechi Ikpeazu's Convoy Accident by talk2emma: 9:35pm On Apr 04, 2018
They will not die again
Re: Nwamaka Maduchukwu Dies In Nkechi Ikpeazu's Convoy Accident by Toide: 10:41pm On Apr 04, 2018
seguno2:

They are running away from the stupid workers and pensioners who are owed several months and years but have not ransacked the state house.
so you called them stupid workers and pensioners hope your Father is not among the pensioners.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Peter Obi Meets Cardinal Arinze At Basilica Onitsha- Pictures / Lawyers Drag INEC, AGF To Court, Seek Disqualification Of Atiku, Tinubu, Obi / Yemi Osinbajo And His Wife, Dolapo's Christmas Photoshoot (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.