Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,833 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:00 AM

Jonah Jang To Sue Lai Mohammed Over Looters’ List - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonah Jang To Sue Lai Mohammed Over Looters’ List (11218 Views)

Senator Jonah Jang Remanded In Prison / Looters' List: Secondus Threatens To Sue Lai Mohammed / You Cannot Break Into My House And Go Free – Jonah Jang Tells EFCC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonah Jang To Sue Lai Mohammed Over Looters’ List by mexxmoney: 5:32pm On Apr 04, 2018
A former Governor of Plateau State now Senator representing Plateau North in the National Assembly, Jonah Jang has described the recent looters’ list released by the Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed which alleged that Jang embezzlement N12.5billion as “laughable on preliminary evaluation, and pathetic when considered on the scales of truth and reality.”

Jang in a statement issued Wednesday said, “The so called list of looters is a testament to the desperation which holds the All Progressives Congress in its firm grip after what is now certainly an infamous cameo in power considered by many to be tragic and regrettable.”

He wondered how possible it was for him to get such amount stating, “For all those who were on the list, sources of the funds allegedly looted were stated, but in my case, there was none. How possible is it for me to have gotten N12.5billion just like that from nobody and nowhere?

“Unlike Lai Mohammed and the Federal Government, I know without any shadow of doubt, that to be a looter, one must have stolen or taken something by force. If their allegation is anything to go by, it falls short of the lowest standards of believability; otherwise they would have noticed that the allegation of getting N12.5billion from an unknown source isn’t the same as looting the said amount.”

The Senator further noted that before going to the Senate, he did his best for his people but the APC government having found no opportunity to tarnish his image, is seeking every avenue to rubbish him and his achievements.

His words, “I was Governor of Plateau State from 2007-2015. For 8years, I did my best for my people. The landmark achievements recorded within that period remain unmatched till date. They are a legacy of diligence, service, and accountability in governance. A computation of the value of the projects we executed throughout the 17 Local Government Areas of the State reveals a massive gulf of inequality between the insufficient resources we got as subvention and internally generated revenue.

“When the APC government in Plateau State took me to the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), they could not get a single case of financial impropriety to be filed against me in the courts. The EFCC has thoroughly investigated me and they know I don’t have an offshore bank account. They have all my account numbers and know the balances in each. Did they find the N12.5billion in any of them?

“Apparently unhappy with the findings of the EFCC they quickly ran to the Independent Corrupt Practices and other related offences Commission ICPC, seeking to have me investigated again. From the look of things that too would be another wild-goose chase which would ultimately culminate in another anticlimax.

“Today, majority of Nigerians know that the present Federal Government only pays lip service to the fight against corruption. Where they appear to be serious, it is in media trials and persecution of the opposition and perceived opponents. Why are we not talking of the campaign funds of the APC? Where did they get their funding from? Did they pluck the billions they spent from trees? Until and unless they tell Nigerians how they funded their campaigns in 2015, Nigerians would continue to see them as they are, and would not hesitate to vote them out in 2019.”

He however asked the Minister to “make amends by recanting the phantom allegations he made against my good person within a very reasonable timeframe or face the consequence of his indiscretion in the foreseeable future.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/04/jang-sue-lai-mohammed-looters-list/

1 Like

Re: Jonah Jang To Sue Lai Mohammed Over Looters’ List by JosEast(m): 6:58pm On Apr 04, 2018
hmm
Re: Jonah Jang To Sue Lai Mohammed Over Looters’ List by talk2archy: 6:59pm On Apr 04, 2018
This guy on top my roof can you just explained to us the meaning of 'hmm', just a plot to ruin my ftp. Ndi oso chi egbu

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonah Jang To Sue Lai Mohammed Over Looters’ List by nairavsdollars(f): 6:59pm On Apr 04, 2018
All of una wan sue Lie when you already know who he is. The courts will just throw away your case

3 Likes

Re: Jonah Jang To Sue Lai Mohammed Over Looters’ List by Nobody: 7:00pm On Apr 04, 2018
Sue him of every kobo

Re: Jonah Jang To Sue Lai Mohammed Over Looters’ List by Fuckadict(m): 7:01pm On Apr 04, 2018
Liar liar

2 Likes

Re: Jonah Jang To Sue Lai Mohammed Over Looters’ List by ekems2017(f): 7:01pm On Apr 04, 2018
Wasting of time and money. Better keep your money for campaign. It's a strategy to make Pdp waste their resources before campaign. Remember they are in charge of the judiciary

8 Likes

Re: Jonah Jang To Sue Lai Mohammed Over Looters’ List by jerryunit48: 7:01pm On Apr 04, 2018
Mr. Jang I have to concur on this one because the list released by Lai Mohammed is not only laughable but also he is making himself an object of ridicule, if they are honest they should add names of APC looters too ... bunch of hypocrites

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonah Jang To Sue Lai Mohammed Over Looters’ List by BigSarah(f): 7:02pm On Apr 04, 2018
cheesy
Re: Jonah Jang To Sue Lai Mohammed Over Looters’ List by DWJOBScom(m): 7:02pm On Apr 04, 2018
Please sue them till they are professionals not thugs

1 Like

Re: Jonah Jang To Sue Lai Mohammed Over Looters’ List by Fuckadict(m): 7:02pm On Apr 04, 2018
talk2archy:
G
G is for Goat
Re: Jonah Jang To Sue Lai Mohammed Over Looters’ List by Crixina(f): 7:03pm On Apr 04, 2018
Season film

We don't need all these TV dramas, our politics will do
Re: Jonah Jang To Sue Lai Mohammed Over Looters’ List by CofOLandOfPeace(m): 7:03pm On Apr 04, 2018
Interesting.
Please Check Our Signature In Blue Below.
Re: Jonah Jang To Sue Lai Mohammed Over Looters’ List by YorubaEmir: 7:03pm On Apr 04, 2018
grin
Re: Jonah Jang To Sue Lai Mohammed Over Looters’ List by Nobody: 7:03pm On Apr 04, 2018
Y
Re: Jonah Jang To Sue Lai Mohammed Over Looters’ List by origima: 7:04pm On Apr 04, 2018
Do he need to announce it before going to court?
Did Lai Mohammed announced it to him before announcing it to Nigerians?
Let PDP & the Gang win the next Election and do same to APC members.Until then,
Abeg make we hear something
Re: Jonah Jang To Sue Lai Mohammed Over Looters’ List by vision2050: 7:04pm On Apr 04, 2018
APC government only pay lip service to corruption.
Mainagate
Ikoyiloot
Niger/chad citizens killing Nigeria citizens and the government fold her arms.
Dapchi staged kidnapped
Bachir lawal grass
Many lingering cases.
APC and buhari have fail woefully.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonah Jang To Sue Lai Mohammed Over Looters’ List by CofOLandOfPeace(m): 7:04pm On Apr 04, 2018
Interesting.
Please Check Our Signature In Blue Below[
Re: Jonah Jang To Sue Lai Mohammed Over Looters’ List by kolawoleibukun: 7:04pm On Apr 04, 2018
everything is laughable in Nigeria. if the list is laughable why not provide the un-laughable list for us na. you cannot be at the helms of affair in Nigeria without knowing details of who be the thieves. Una know una self. everyone in the list na thieve even the person way write the list too and all APC rogues.

the thing be say Muslims say Jesus was a prophet and he is coming back. how is Muhammed the last prophet when Jesus(a prophet) is coming back?

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonah Jang To Sue Lai Mohammed Over Looters’ List by shammah1(m): 7:04pm On Apr 04, 2018
Nice
Re: Jonah Jang To Sue Lai Mohammed Over Looters’ List by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 7:04pm On Apr 04, 2018
K
Re: Jonah Jang To Sue Lai Mohammed Over Looters’ List by ify20010120: 7:05pm On Apr 04, 2018
subscribe today to partake in the winning teams or remain poor call or whatsapp with the number below
Re: Jonah Jang To Sue Lai Mohammed Over Looters’ List by doctimonyeka(m): 7:05pm On Apr 04, 2018
Old men behaving like kids...

I don't trust anyone of them..

We need vibrant youths to lead this country.

1 Like

Re: Jonah Jang To Sue Lai Mohammed Over Looters’ List by Lanre4uonly(m): 7:06pm On Apr 04, 2018
Ok. Fingers crossed.
Re: Jonah Jang To Sue Lai Mohammed Over Looters’ List by guru90: 7:07pm On Apr 04, 2018
I swear!!!!
Nigeria news Don tire me.... especially, Nigeria politicians news!!!!
Re: Jonah Jang To Sue Lai Mohammed Over Looters’ List by Nobody: 7:08pm On Apr 04, 2018
Jang was one of the few PDP governors who truly truly worked tirelessly and fearlessly.

meanwhile, Airtel is one very useless network iswear!

1 Like

Re: Jonah Jang To Sue Lai Mohammed Over Looters’ List by OpinionCounts(m): 7:09pm On Apr 04, 2018
How can you sue a liar for telling lies...he is just being himself, abeg you guys should just overlook him.

Someone that could boldly say no PDP politician that crossed to APC stole money, what else do you want him to say for you to understand he is an irredeemable liar.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonah Jang To Sue Lai Mohammed Over Looters’ List by rickyrex(m): 7:11pm On Apr 04, 2018
oh how did i find myself in this dead country... a country where a president spend four years fighting his enemies instead of fullfilling his promises that made the masses turned against the previous government. oh what a nation. what a nation i say. but the question is who do we trust? not even a pastor or iman can be proud of to lead. chai the boars are blacks
Re: Jonah Jang To Sue Lai Mohammed Over Looters’ List by Nobody: 7:12pm On Apr 04, 2018
E pain am grin grin grin
Re: Jonah Jang To Sue Lai Mohammed Over Looters’ List by tspouse(m): 7:13pm On Apr 04, 2018
guru90:
I swear!!!!

Nigeria news Don tire me.... especially, Nigeria politicians news!!!!
pot sueing kettle cus it called it black.

A thief and a liar are they not dsame . Bleep ya'lll

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gunmen Kidnap Ex-Imo Speaker, Duruji, Others / Buhari: Nigeria Has Passed The Stage Of Coups For Good / In 2021, FG Engaged US Firm To Recover Illicit Funds ‘Linked’ To Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.