Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,127 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:19 AM

Transactional Vs. Validational Sex - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Transactional Vs. Validational Sex (9705 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Transactional Vs. Validational Sex by bukatyne(f): 9:20am On Apr 20, 2018
yettymuse:
oh God! Of course not! But y'all are most likely going to seek divorce the minute the sex life begins to wade off.

A friend of mine was married for 10years and he recorded the best 10years of a fulfilling sex life. Along the line, his wife's urge began to recede until it dropped drastically to zero. Coupled with other things we didn't know dude filed for divorce.

But I know that his major reasons was because the sex life was no longer there..

So I ask! Do you men forget the good times?? I mean, can't you patch up with the no sex moments?

You now weigh a woman's 'wife material' to the amount of rides and slides she can give effortless and receive?

Please don't mention me o, It is raining and I am konjified embarassed

If the wife withdrew sex for reasons she couldn't share with her husband and refuses to change after several trys from the husband, what do you advise him to do if he cannot cope without sex and cheating is against his principles?

Imagine your husband stops paying school fees because he doesn't feel like so stops meeting your emotional needs because he doesn't feel like?

Sex is the only thing unique a couple have with each other.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Transactional Vs. Validational Sex by menxer: 10:26am On Apr 20, 2018
bukatyne:

Looking crotically, what do you think went wrong.

Now I am curious; if women like sex yet would deny their husbands because they are secure, how do they cure their urges?

I think that the sense of security leads to complacency, their interest and urge for sex wanes, sex becomes a chore to be done once a month.
Another thing I guess may contribute to this is, most ladies always link sex to something (love, money, assistance), and if none of these conditions are met then no sex. they don't seem to have sex as a need on its own.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Transactional Vs. Validational Sex by Nobody: 10:35am On Apr 20, 2018
bukatyne:

Another angle to look at this sex thing is that a number of women are taught that giving up the cookie too soon too much will ruin their marriage chances with a guy.

So she wants to marry you and has a healthy sex libido. So she sleeps with guy A, B etc. on the side while keeping the cookie for you.

Problem is she marries you yet doesn't fully explore with you for reasons known to her.

I would add that some married men also have Madonna-LovePeddler complex and are suspicions when the wives start exploring.

It reminds me of the old British noble families (according to literature) where the husbands have cold sex with their wives sparingly and have passionate sex with their mistresses.

"There is no spoon" - the matrix .

I look at these things today and I laugh because I know the truth . My eyes are wide open .

I don't despise women because we are all like apps ...I don't get mad at Facebook ( which is the first app I delete once I get a new phone ) I know it's not the apps fault but the programming ...the programming is what I have an issue with .

Women can't help it ...it's just the way it it is .

This isn't a treat the them good they will leave rant either and vice versa too .

It's just an eye opener and a story to encourage young boys to be masculine to embrace it .

Young boys are programmed at a young age that if you don't have money women won't stay with you .

Thus the beta ensues : get money - get women . No money ...no happy wife .

What does that sound like? transactional sex .

Gbam .

Truth be told I've always encouraged my lovers be themselves . Why keep a man hanging and go outside to hang yourself on the chandelier . Don't make no sense .

But as for me my mind is open .

The beta is long gone .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Transactional Vs. Validational Sex by Nobody: 10:41am On Apr 20, 2018
filani:

Actions will always speak louder than words !!!
"By their fruits ye shall know them"

Bro this story on it's own is another chapter.

@ tobi
She was low key testing for Beta Male traits which you passed in flying colours smiley smiley smiley

American airlines ohhhh ...

Back then I didn't understand but now I do .

"The Girl who told you that she's waiting to do it with someone 'Special' is the Same girl who Shagged the 6ft tall, blond Bad Boy with a Six pack abs at the spring break pool party last week" - Rollo Tomassi

Exactly .

@ tobi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAXtO5dMqEI

Nail on the head my brother . Nail on the head .
Re: Transactional Vs. Validational Sex by Nobody: 10:46am On Apr 20, 2018
The truth is out there you just have to search for it ...but once you see it your programming will fight you every step of the way . But in the end you will win but only if you let the truth in .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Transactional Vs. Validational Sex by Nobody: 10:54am On Apr 20, 2018
yettymuse:
It's safe to say an average man goes into marriage primarily because of sex!?!?! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Only beta males go into marriage for sex primarily .
Re: Transactional Vs. Validational Sex by WizAkzy: 12:28pm On Apr 20, 2018

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Transactional Vs. Validational Sex by Nobody: 1:59pm On Apr 20, 2018
WizAkzy:
Your story is almost the exact same kind beta males tell. Glad to hear that your transitioning. Welcome to tha club cool

Depends on what club ?

Went through your topics ...I'm not so sure .

I'm not on the women are the enemy FC team . Though I see where you are coming from . Like I said before I'm not mad at the App I just don't like the programming ...

The welcome is appreciated but belated .
Re: Transactional Vs. Validational Sex by raumdeuter: 2:01pm On Apr 20, 2018
bukatyne:
Hello Ramudeuter,
I agree however I would say this is just one of the reasons for some women.
Now to the questions:
1. For the women who cheat, where do we place them especially if they are not sleeping with their husbands in a relatively normal marriage i.e. no abuse or infidelity?

2. Some of these women know how to seduce their husbands when they want something i.e. sex has become a bargaining tool for them.

A number of these women don't care about their husbands' sexual needs (wondering how they satisfy theirs) else they would have continued to keep it up to a reasonable level.

And the love between a man & a woman (eros) has sex as a major foundation so can we assume that these women don't love their husbands?

For many women beyond the age of youthful fantasies, Sexx is usually in exchange for something whether its in exchange money, exchange for commitment, exchange for affection, etc . Its common to hear phrases like Your husband doesn't have a job to provide, then why should he expect sex? Or in this section a lot of those funny illiterate divorce stories from Igando court will read like My husband is not "taking care of me"(giving me money) so I stopped having sex with him

For men, sex is just sexx for the release. That's why 10 men can queue up in a brothel waiting to fucck just one girl and after that they move on not even wanting to know her name or what she looks like.

So in your number 1 question, There is usually a need from the other guy, maybe better sexx, money, better placed socially or something

For number 2, Since sexx is usually to bargain for something, the moment they don't see anything to gain from it, the incentive wanes unless they start feeling their husband might go out and probably divorce them then they step it up momentarily

You wont know how many married guys have given up on it, and having a sidechic is sometime just very inconvenient. You want to have sexx at 11pm so you have to get up drive to your side chic and drive back

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Transactional Vs. Validational Sex by Nobody: 2:06pm On Apr 20, 2018
raumdeuter:

For many women beyond the age of youthful fantasies, Sexx is usually in exchange for something whether its in exchange money, exchange for commitment, exchange for affection, etc . Its common to hear phrases like Your husband doesn't have a job to provide, then why should he expect sex? Or in this section a lot of those funny illiterate divorce stories from Igando court will read like My husband is not "taking care of me"(giving me money) so I stopped having sex with him

For men, sex is just sexx for the release. That's why 10 men can queue up in a brothel waiting to fucck just one girl and after that they move on not even wanting to know her name or what she looks like.

So in your number 1 question, There is usually a need from the other guy, maybe better sexx, money, better placed socially or something

For number 2, Since sexx is usually to bargain for something, the moment they don't see anything to gain from it, the incentive wanes unless they start feeling their husband might go out and probably divorce them then they step it up momentarily

You wont know how many married guys have given up on it, and having a sidechic is sometime just very inconvenient. You want to have sexx at 11pm so you have to get up d

driveto your side chic and drive back

Well it seems to be the norm these days . One thing is certain that things change in relationships and marriage .

Just go to r/dead bedrooms on reddit.com and hear people's stories .
Re: Transactional Vs. Validational Sex by WizAkzy: 2:20pm On Apr 20, 2018
tobianthony:

Depends on what club ?

Went through your topics ...I'm not so sure .

I'm not on the women are the enemy FC team . Though I see where you are coming from . Like I said before I'm not mad at the App I just don't like the programming ...

The welcome is appreciated but belated .
Of course I'm also not on the women are the enemies team. Just like you are against the programming, i am too. I just can't be manipulated in any form by a woman. And as for the topics, i didn't compose them. Just copied and pasted it from the books i had read.
Re: Transactional Vs. Validational Sex by Nobody: 3:59pm On Apr 20, 2018
You people are derailing o.. Which of is *women are the enemies team* again
Re: Transactional Vs. Validational Sex by Nobody: 7:31pm On Apr 20, 2018
yettymuse:
You people are derailing o.. Which of is *women are the enemies team* again

Think nothing of it ...did you get it ....if you know what I mean
Re: Transactional Vs. Validational Sex by Nobody: 9:16pm On Apr 20, 2018
tobianthony:

Think nothing of it ...did you get it ....if you know what I mean
yea smiley
Re: Transactional Vs. Validational Sex by Nobody: 11:14pm On Apr 20, 2018
Just heard AVicii is dead . Wow rest in peace .
Re: Transactional Vs. Validational Sex by armyofone(m): 1:49am On Apr 21, 2018
@ raumdeuter
What I don't get is when men think they are stallions forever grin
If you enjoy sex so much back in the days, I mean she gave it to you so good, why are you still desperate and itchy for it few or many years after ? Why can't companionship be the top goal rather than sex?
Clothes, food, shelter and sex? Really?

1 Like

Re: Transactional Vs. Validational Sex by simiolu1(m): 4:17am On Apr 21, 2018
When I first saw this topic some days ago, I dismissed it with a wave of my hand; another nairalander has come to post an excerpt of a post that would be long enough to get me interested but so short I would have to follow a link (probably to his or her blog) to read the full gist. But yesterday out of boredom, I viewed the topic and I'm so glad I did.

Even though I have never heard or read about most of the terminologies here, I can totally relate to them through my life's experiences. Truth is, most societies since time immemorial (Africa inclusive) have taught women to be conservative in regards to their sexuality while allowing the men have a jamboree expressing theirs. Their excuse for this is that it prevents a woman from being a slut as a woman is the "homemaker" that should be submissive and massage the ego of their philandering husbands.

What these societies forget is that the day the lioness finally finds her freedom and experiences the satisfaction of expressing and fulfilling her sexual desires, there is no turning back. This experience also opens her eyes to the power of her body; she now begins to see it as the most powerful bargaining chip she can ever have and begins to use it to get what she wants. She wants an alpha male; she hunts him. She wants material possessions; she gets them. And if she happens to be blessed with a body that ages gracefully, she can do this for a very looooooong time.

Personally, I have learnt to deal with my relationships on a case by case basis; not judging the person based on my past experiences and hurt. This is quite hard as our experiences greatly shape who we are. However, I am not fooled into thinking that love is only what women see in a guy. A female friend once told me she finds guys who are "clean and neat" very attractive and sexy; this was pure desire and lust. And from a young age, I have learnt never to allow a woman use her body as a bargaining chip on me; or use it to control me even though I learnt this the hard way. The lady that taught me this only gave up the coochie whenever she felt like it and because of my naivety, I was always happy to oblige. After trying to initiate the act a few times with rejection, I realized I was just a pawn in her game. The day she pounced on me and I said no, even when Mr Johnny was already at attention, she was shocked. And yes, my no included not doing anything to quench the burning flames between her legs. I saw disappointment written all over her and was happy deep down; game on! Since then, all the ladies I have dated have always been surprised at my level of self-control. You say no; I stop even when we're both butt nak.ed. I say no too; just to let you know that no gender has the exclusive right to refuse s.ex. The moment I sense you only give up the goods when you want or need something, I'll practically show you pepper.

What I have also learnt is allowing a lady unravel herself to me. Every woman can become a lioness in bed; most are already. What makes them hide this part of themselves is the stereotype men have that her body count must be high for her to achieve this expertise! I once met a lady back in the days of africhat. We became quite close and during one of our conversations, she told me she was a virgin. As a rule, I never ask a woman about this; she told me willingly. 1 year later, our relationship moved from just friends to toaster - toastee levels. She now told me she was no longer a virgin. She was not a virgin even at the time she told me she was. I shrugged it off because genuinely, I couldn't care less. After this, our relationship kicked off. One night while in bed, I teased her that her previous boyfriends were rookies who never allowed her take control in the other room. That weekend, she showed me her true colour. Some weeks after that, she told me she had had an abortion for her immediate ex. I remember looking at her while she slept and imagining how much she was yet to tell me. And this is a lady that is the true definition of a "sister" in church. Who would have thought!!!

In summary, we should quit being naive that a change in relationship status automatically makes our partner saints who can do no wrong. We should be conscious of the dynamics at work in our relationships and look for ways to either level the playing field or make happen to our advantage. This sounds selfish but deep down aren't we all selfish?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Transactional Vs. Validational Sex by bukatyne(f): 8:02am On Apr 21, 2018
armyofone:
@ raumdeuter
If you enjoy sex so much back in the days, I mean she gave it to you so good, why are you still desperate and itchy for it few or many years after ? Why can't companionship be the top goal rather than sex?

If you ate well back in the days, can you do without food now or manage bland ones or just be satisfied with the aroma?

At least, a couple should be at it till 70.

@Companionship: what do you expect a husband & wife to do as companions that they can't do with someone else.

An average woman enjoys attention; her man learns to enjoy giving her the attention and woman is happy.

An average man enjoys sex; his woman learns to enjoy banging him and the man is happy.

Isn't funny that the average man would not use attention as a bargaining chip?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Transactional Vs. Validational Sex by bukatyne(f): 8:14am On Apr 21, 2018
raumdeuter:

You wont know how many married guys have given up on it, and having a sidechic is sometime just very inconvenient. You want to have sexx at 11pm so you have to get up drive to your side chic and drive back

Well any woman who exchanges sex for anything is a prostitute. Whether married or not.

@Number 2: one of the reasons of this thread. If a woman knows to step it up when danger looms, then she has the ability to step it up to the taste of the man.

I'm sure most men with side chics already program themselves; if the wife at home is not useful sexually, get it outside and move on at home.

A husband having to give it when he doesn't have a rapsheet of cheating/wife is not sick is very wrong and the husbands should also withhold a privilege till the wife comes around or spike her drink or jump on her or something.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Transactional Vs. Validational Sex by Nobody: 9:49am On Apr 21, 2018
armyofone:
@ raumdeuter

Well my dude ...whatever you start any relationship with you must be ready to do till the end .

I'm a very sexual person ...I only have 1 or so platonic female friends . If we cannot connect sexually or some through some other art form it will be hard to get me .

Yes sexual urges wane between people as time goes by but this why I urge couples to go after their kind . You will often see good girls trying to keep beard gang guys with long dick and high SMV while they themselves have a low freak level but they themselves want the guy to be faithful and fair to them meanwhile good guy next door is chasing cardi B for marriage .

Bad seems to often never marry bad .

Bad will often marry good ...because bad knows what's up .

In my high school days there were a couple of girls who always seem to fall for any new student . Once you are a new guy ...panties will jell .

Why do you think that is ?

The fire burns the brightest ...the sex is the hottest at the beginning .

Which leaves many couples chasing the high ...seeking new thrills to preserve their sex drives .

Whether that works or not is subjective .
Re: Transactional Vs. Validational Sex by Nobody: 9:54am On Apr 21, 2018
simiolu1:
When I first saw this topic some days ago, I dismissed it with a wave of my hand; another nairalander has come to post an excerpt of a post that would be long enough to get me interested but so short I would have to follow a link (probably to his or her blog) to read the full gist. But yesterday out of boredom, I viewed the topic and I'm so glad I did.

Even though I have never heard or read about most of the terminologies here, I can totally relate to them through my life's experiences. Truth is, most societies since time immemorial (Africa inclusive) have taught women to be conservative in regards to their sexuality while allowing the men have a jamboree expressing theirs. Their excuse for this is that it prevents a woman from being a slut as a woman is the "homemaker" that should be submissive and massage the ego of their philandering husbands.

What these societies forget is that the day the lioness finally finds her freedom and experiences the satisfaction of expressing and fulfilling her sexual desires, there is no turning back. This experience also opens her eyes to the power of her body; she now begins to see it as the most powerful bargaining chip she can ever have and begins to use it to get what she wants. She wants an alpha male; she hunts him. She wants material possessions; she gets them. And if she happens to be blessed with a body that ages gracefully, she can do this for a very looooooong time.

Personally, I have learnt to deal with my relationships on a case by case basis; not judging the person based on my past experiences and hurt. This is quite hard as our experiences greatly shape who we are. However, I am not fooled into thinking that love is only what women see in a guy. A female friend once told me she finds guys who are "clean and neat" very attractive and sexy; this was pure desire and lust. And from a young age, I have learnt never to allow a woman use her body as a bargaining chip on me; or use it to control me even though I learnt this the hard way. The lady that taught me this only gave up the coochie whenever she felt like it and because of my naivety, I was always happy to oblige. After trying to initiate the act a few times with rejection, I realized I was just a pawn in her game. The day she pounced on me and I said no, even when Mr Johnny was already at attention, she was shocked. And yes, my no included not doing anything to quench the burning flames between her legs. I saw disappointment written all over her and was happy deep down; game on! Since then, all the ladies I have dated have always been surprised at my level of self-control. You say no; I stop even when we're both butt nak.ed. I say no too; just to let you know that no gender has the exclusive right to refuse s.ex. The moment I sense you only give up the goods when you want or need something, I'll practically show you pepper.

What I have also learnt is allowing a lady unravel herself to me. Every woman can become a lioness in bed; most are already. What makes them hide this part of themselves is the stereotype men have that her body count must be high for her to achieve this expertise! I once met a lady back in the days of africhat. We became quite close and during one of our conversations, she told me she was a virgin. As a rule, I never ask a woman about this; she told me willingly. 1 year later, our relationship moved from just friends to toaster - toastee levels. She now told me she was no longer a virgin. She was not a virgin even at the time she told me she was. I shrugged it off because genuinely, I couldn't care less. After this, our relationship kicked off. One night while in bed, I teased her that her previous boyfriends were rookies who never allowed her take control in the other room. That weekend, she showed me her true colour. Some weeks after that, she told me she had had an abortion for her immediate ex. I remember looking at her while she slept and imagining how much she was yet to tell me. And this is a lady that is the true definition of a "sister" in church. Who would have thought!!!

In summary, we should quit being naive that a change in relationship status automatically makes our partner saints who can do no wrong. We should be conscious of the dynamics at work in our relationships and look for ways to either level the playing field or make happen to our advantage. This sounds selfish but deep down aren't we all selfish?

Lol this brought back memories from nysc . Very true at your last paragraph the signs are often there but the beta mind dismisses it .

Rollo teaches that women have long term and short term sexual goals .

You woukd do well to recognize which category she places you in and act accordingly .
Re: Transactional Vs. Validational Sex by Nobody: 10:02am On Apr 21, 2018
bukatyne:

Well any woman who exchanges sex for anything is a prostitute. Whether married or not.

@Number 2: one of the reasons of this thread. If a woman knows to step it up when danger looms, then she has the ability to step it up to the taste of the man.

I'm sure most men with side chics already program themselves; if the wife at home is not useful sexually, get it outside and move on at home.

A husband having to give it when he doesn't have a rapsheet of cheating/wife is not sick is very wrong and the husbands should also withhold a privilege till the wife comes around or spike her drink or jump on her or something.

We are all prostitutes then if in that context .
Re: Transactional Vs. Validational Sex by bukatyne(f): 10:05am On Apr 21, 2018
tobianthony:

We are all prostitutes then .

Well I don't exchange sex for anything.

I do it because I want to with my husband , my husband wants to with me and it is my/our martial duty.
Re: Transactional Vs. Validational Sex by Nobody: 10:06am On Apr 21, 2018
bukatyne:

Well I don't exchange sex for anything.

I do it because I want to with my husband , my husband wants to with me and it is my/our martial duty.

Chill it's just a popular saying I have that I always use .

There was the one time I needed money and a girl I was seeing offered ...but said she was horrny. We were in my office and she was being a dick ...like a real asshole . I walked out and left her there . Felt like a prostitute that night . cheesy

The worst mistake you will make it your FBs is too get. Money involved just keep it physical ... strictly physical .

Edit ...Hot changes to hot so I spelt it wrong ohh . .@ yettymuse good morning
Re: Transactional Vs. Validational Sex by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:04am On Apr 21, 2018
tobianthony:

It really depends on different factors with respect to heightened libido ( freak level ) between men and women .

One thing I believe is that for the better part women love sex just as much as men .

One of reasons the frequency of sex lowers is transactional nature of marriage as posited by Rollo .

I'm not married and I for one do not believe it's right for me because of my beta mindset which I'm in the process of unplugging from. I won't tell you which of the 5 stages I'm at now . See unplugging TRP for reference .

I was once in a LTR relationship were sex and music was the connection . But things change . And she became religious and started to say that sex was not good for her but however still flirted with other people's partners openly and was very willing to cross boundaries of other people's marriage .

I knew even then in my beta mindset that once I got married to this lady that there would be no sex in our marriage just transactional sex unbeknownst to me at that time of Rollo tomassi .

It was quite a shock to read his blog and see all the mistakes I had made from my teenage years with women till date .

One should read the 7 iron laws of Rollo tomassi . If someone had thought me this as a boy ...it would have spared me a great deal of trouble .

I almost got married once but things fell apart ...during the ceremonies till this day I have yet to attend a wedding . Don't laugh or call me hurt .

I'm doing very fine because I appreciate the pros and cons of marriage doesn't mean I'm heartbroken .
So here's a funny story ...

Years ago as a teenager myself and pal let's call him O ( he was the bad boy of the class ) were outside a female classmates house . He brought a condom as it was his intention to have sex with the girl . I being the good boy back then told I couldn't have sex with any girl I didn't love . Yes I was a virgin for many years to come after then .

Many years later in my 30s I almost got married to my " dream girl " , who promptly told me no sex till marriage . To which my beta mind agreed . Even kissing her was based on transaction .i.e. a reward for having done something good . Which was few and far between as time and no private space was an issue .

When things fell apart no doubt to hypergamy and my inexperience I withdrew from society for a time .

Close to two years later I was at a bar with my old pal O the bad boy who was married now but still an alpha none the less .

He asked me what went wrong and I told him although we had discussed this before but I didn't go into details . At that point other present company K my pal too asked for this lady's name to which I told them .

At the mention of her name O and K opened their mouths in surprise and asked for pictures to confirm their suspicions to which I obliged . Upon seeing her picture they shouted .

Apparently sometime after she left me and before Os wedding ,same year mine crashed , he was seeing her and they were bleeping . The lady who wouldn't so much as let me kiss her was paying for hotels so she could shag O . Who promptly wasted no time in giving us details of how he made her squirt ...flipped her indifferent positions but jilted her at the end of the day to marry his wife .

What did this teach me ?

It made me think what I was doing wrong . Why this beta mindset was a disease a virus that had plagued me from birth . Viciously written into my programming , damningly wired to repeat this every time I was in love .

Well ...your guess is as good mine .

I didn't know the yoruba tribe produced beta males though. Most of the yoruba guys I have met were alphas . It's good you have accepted the red pill.
Re: Transactional Vs. Validational Sex by Nobody: 1:34pm On Apr 21, 2018
tensazangetsu20:

I didn't know the yoruba tribe produced beta males though. Most of the yoruba guys I have met were alphas . It's good you have accepted the red pill.

That your statement alone is ignorant on two fronts .

One your assumption that by name Tobi that I am yoruba.

Secondly , that most of the yoruba people you know are alphas or beta's or whatever .

It's a mind set not a characteristic of one's tribe.

Even most of the famous champions of TRP will rather define what a BP is than tell you what Alpha is ...

I'm always wary of people who openly profess that they are alpha males perhaps as some sort of peacock strut to attract females in the environment while the alpha male is just that he doesn't need to say it ...it s just that way with him and real recognizes real .

Your statement is somewhat offensive Sir .

Even Rollo tomassi will tell you that betas will sometimes display alpha traits and vice versa but will revert to their original mindset in normal conditions .

I did not tell my story for red pillers to to tell me welcome I said it to enlighten others like myself who have issues with the game .

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Transactional Vs. Validational Sex by raumdeuter: 2:40pm On Apr 21, 2018
armyofone:
@ ramdeuter

So what will be the mans gain in the relationship at that point
Re: Transactional Vs. Validational Sex by Nobody: 2:48pm On Apr 21, 2018
armyofone:
@ raumdeuter
Something different from the usual.. Thank you!
Re: Transactional Vs. Validational Sex by Timbuktuo: 6:12pm On Apr 21, 2018
bukatyne:

Even people who do not believe in divorce know not to reward their spouses when they do something wrong.

That's why I think advice of wear hot pants, Bleep him harder, cook his favorite meal, provide all her needs etc. are shitty advices when a partner is wrong.

I read a book written 30yrs back that was telling husbands/wives to start withdrawing privileges commensurate with the offence when they start to misbehave.

You don't give sweets to a child throwing tantrums.

I think the problem is getting the offending partner to see they have crossed a line when they do, especially when they see nothing wrong in their actions. Some people are just selfish. Some have no concept of reciprocity or equilibrium. How does one get across to such a person? This, I believe is the beginning of the end of most marriages, where resentment begins to build. Some people just check out emotionally to stem the hurt because divorce is not an option or divorce would be tantamount to decapitation to cure a headache, but the headache is still there and Panadol is useless against it.

I think compatibility is a major factor when considering a life partner. It's a word that has become a cliché but whose value isn't really appreciated till you realise it's absent in a union. For this reason, short courtships rub me the wrong way. Yes, they work, but usually between honest partners (whose mutual honesty is already a sign of their shared values).

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Transactional Vs. Validational Sex by Timbuktuo: 6:30pm On Apr 21, 2018
bukatyne:

1.True although I wouldn't say less attractive; I would say a different type of attractiveness that's best appreciated by a guy who put you there. That aside, I am a very huge fan of early narriage to young men. I also cringe when traditional men so fixated on enjoying the privileges of headship open their mouths to call non-earning wives liabilities. I know the older Igbo husbands were always willing to embrace the responsibilities and rights of headship.

2. Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha, why would I want to wear a mask? I would still need it now na.

3. I guess I must be strange not to see going on sexual/non-sexual dates with different men and collecting unwarranted gifts as 'flexing'. I agree with the choosing part. I know someone who was my mom's age mate and unmarried. At that age, she rejected a divorcee because he wanted only traditional wedding; she rejected a widower because she didn't want to train another person's kids; she rejected another guy because he was not too rich; she rejected adoption because she was required to pay for etc. Some people have delusions of grandeur and cannot really estimate their value for negotiations.

4. The guys also exit the relationship especially when they start to work or go for NYSC. 27/28/29 grandma? I agree that they will most likely go for slightly younger girls.

5. Maybe older women not working or comfortable on their own.

1. I know exactly what you mean by the appreciation. It's a very complex thing that encompasses memories and bonding through time, which is why the long-term partner is the one who sees it as the most beautiful thing ever.

I also think early marriage is good for both genders. Saves everybody a lot of headache in the long run.

I woukd argue that men of every ethnicity in the world value taking care of their women, the thing is firstly, the do so to the best if their warning abilities, secondly, they consider how independent the wife is, wants to be and is working to be.

2. Well, you're married now so external pressure should have waned considerably, if we factor in that you're almost 70 wearing a mask won't be so necessary at this time. tongue

3. May she find her heart's desires in this world or the next. grin

4. Serious relationships? I really doubt that. The grandma thing na just hyperbole jor.

5. Yes, you're right about it being the ones who don't have it together financially. The ones who do wouldn't really mind closing their eyes and picking from a basket or just going it solo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Transactional Vs. Validational Sex by Timbuktuo: 6:41pm On Apr 21, 2018
bukatyne:

We need to sign an agreement hahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

@marriage: met my husband at 17+ and married at 25+

1. Addressed this in another post.

2. Hmmmmmm. We both know it is not always true.

3. Yes, I am. Equal partners, different roles.

4. @bold: Absolutely.

5. I am. Don't see the need for the reference though.

6. Maybe in classic western culture. In Nigeria with inheritance / using other people's luck and pure evil; I am sure siblings and spouses keenly compete for 1st position. What’s your business with your spouse after your death? Even you make it your business, what can you do about it?

7. Ok. If she knows this, then fine.

8. I know the definition; what is the difference really?

Lol, we do. I knew the constant agreeing was going to look corny, but I really do agree with those comments.

You guys had/have the dream scenario. I pray it lasts till death parts you both, in about a hundred years? grin

2. I'd say any other scenarios are outliers and would be exceptions to the norm.

3. Fair enough.

5. Really don't remember, but let's move on.

6. We might have to agree to disagree on that. I guess I would be speaking from anecdotal evidence which isn't ideal to make a generalisation.

7. She would know. She has to earn her inheritance. If she's worthy of the only 5k in my account and my certificates she'll definitely get them without interference from anybody else. grin

8. The difference is substantially less stress. Keeping more than one active wife is a form of madness.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Transactional Vs. Validational Sex by Timbuktuo: 7:05pm On Apr 21, 2018
I read a Rollo article where he takes about women giving sex for long term relationships, read marriage. He opines that women are the gate keepers to sex, men are the gate keepers to relationship.

A woman will Bleep a beta to extract a relationship commitment out of him and once her aim is achieved the man can kiss a wet dick bye bye. That's why so many betas complain of no bedroom action, the sex they had was always only a means to an end. Meanwhile, she will eagerly part her thighs for an alpha just because.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

/ Mom Has Son Sign Agreement For iPhone / I Need Your Opinions on my marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 139
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.